test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Cataclysm

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    AND THEN YOU GOT ALL THOSE EVENT MOOCHERS WHO ARENT EVEN PARTICPATING! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I spotted some leeches during one my runs. I went and shot up a ton of MU ships to get their attention. I brought them back to the leeches and then sat there and died. The MU ships then turned on all of the leeches. They started participating VERY quickly haha.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just logged in for the first time of the day and immediately went into the Crystaline Event, and there literally was like 7 moochers sitting around doing nothing! (It's just as bad with that NPC spam!) I had no choice to leave the event because nobody was doing anything!

I really wish the Dev Team actually did something to combat these individuals who purposely don't participate.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited September 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Okay, wow! Let's see now.

Managed to beat elite mode on my sci first try. It was crazy, but doable.

Mirror ships...mirror ships EVERYWHERE. But no Tholians. Where did they go?

Also the mirror ships most definitely do not shoot at the CE. They only shoot at us. There's no Tholians to shoot at, so that just leaves us.

Beat it a few times on normal mode with my weaker characters and found that there are two different versions. One with MU spam and one without. The one without MU ships is stupid easy. Like kill the CE in a few minutes easy. The one with MU spam is alright, but again there's no Tholians and the MU ships don't shoot the CE.

Not sure if I like or hate this yet.

Edit: Tholians are showing up in the non-MU spam version though. It seems to be either Tholians or MU, but not both at once.

I beat the elite with a good group in my Eng Excel tank - we focased on the entity - it took 3x as long as normal for 80 marks - vs 50 for normal

tried 3 other times and everyone went after the mirror ships like they used to with the Tholins - needless to say it was a total ^*&%^%*&^%()*&^%( - waste of 20 min each time till I warped out.

Never again for 30 extra marks
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I beat the elite with a good group in my Eng Excel tank - we focased on the entity - it took 3x as long as normal for 80 marks - vs 50 for normal

tried 3 other times and everyone went after the mirror ships like they used to with the Tholins - needless to say it was a total ^*&%^%*&^%()*&^%( - waste of 20 min each time till I warped out.

Never again for 30 extra marks

Lucky you. I tried three times and then lost all faith. I mean how hard can it be to shoot that entity and leave those mirror ships alone? Especially when chat is full this... Will skip this event eventhough it looks good.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you can get the shard in normal, why are you running elite and complaining about difficulty?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do too. I had two (different) people in an Colony Invasion run that sat at the door mission and rolled NEED on all of the items.

I know if they are this bad in Colony Invasion, then they have got to be worse for STFs and other queued events. What really ticks me off that there is nothing to "discourage" players from doing this and my only recourse is to report them and then put on ignore list. My ignore list is quite long now and I still get "repeat" AFKers in team.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Their are many versions.

Tykins Rift with a lot of Mirror Universe ships.

Gravity Well with some Tholian Ships.

Darkness Cloud with some Tholian ships.

I have seen those 3 so far.

Seems those are Entity defenses it call call on.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Their are many versions.

Tykins Rift with a lot of Mirror Universe ships.

Gravity Well with some Tholian Ships.

Darkness Cloud with some Tholian ships.

I have seen those 3 so far.

Seems those are Entity defenses it call call on.

If there are 1000 Mirror Ships from the start, just leave and join the next one ... congrats Cryptic on introducing "Leaver Rewards" ....
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for making this mission interesting again. It's still easy with ten good players, but at least we have to be awake now.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I think it needs a few more battleships.

Less frigates, more battleships >=]
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd rather have moochers than people just hanging back killing shards and healing the entity.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even if it's not working as intended, as long as it's not totally impossible, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase don't nerf it.

Blowing up every once in a while is good for players.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I've run it several times on several characters and have not had one instance last more than 5 mins pugging.

From what I have seen so far, people only seem to be running into problems when they use the same tactics on it today that they used yesterday.

If you look around and see 100 Terran ships, trying to fly right through them to shoot at the entity is probably not the best course of action. Likewise, running into the middle of 100 ships with BFAW+APB spam will also get you killed really fast. I've watched people die repeatedly doing both these things, then complain in chat that CCE is impossible - my suggestion to those people is to play on normal or adapt your strategy.

Just because you have purple mk xii everything doesn't mean you should breeze through everything without any strategy.

Perhaps there should be more blog entries about how to do various missions effectively, like the recent No-Win Scenario post.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To the devs, a lot of the players are just spamming AOE attacks, which agro the terran ships on the Feds rather than the Tholians, same carelessness that causes people to start creepying entities health back up.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • spotter5spotter5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 confirm for terran ships ignoring the entity. I flew up to the Entity under cloak and the thousands of battleships were just sitting there. Also, everyone just shoots the Terran ships and ignores the Entity. The old version was better.
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did this on 4 toons and honestly it was EASY I love the new tactics. completed each in around 5 mins. even elite.
    edited September 2013
    spotter5 wrote: »
    +1 confirm for terran ships ignoring the entity. I flew up to the Entity under cloak and the thousands of battleships were just sitting there. Also, everyone just shoots the Terran ships and ignores the Entity. The old version was better.

The 2nd one I did I could swear there were at least 200 ships - I did not count that one - they do not attack entity only fire a wall of Beam fire at will - that ant the entity once player - most of them argo th terren ships = almost instant death - over and over and over.

= fail

Players will not adapt for the time that this runs - they are to used to attacking tholians under the normal/order version = 3/1 failure rate for elite = not woth the extra hassel and 30 marks.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    If I go in by Cloak (alone) there is no weapons fire. The Entity doesn't fire at the Terran Ships, and the Terran Ships don't fire at the Entity. Both fire at me as soon as I decloak however. Shortly after that I'm back to respawning.

Confirmed. If I go in with the enhanced battle cloak they leave each other alone, as soon as I decloak to shoot the CE all Terran ships fire on me or on my destabilized plasma torpedo.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ok, how about a few tanks aggroing the terran ships (there weren't any in my instance, just lots of sensor debuff TRIBBLE which I had no counter to), kiting them over to the CE, pinning them at the center of the ce with gravity wells by a few science vessels and blowing their warpcores into the CE's crystal face?

Would that work?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    guys wat....

I played with some of my fleeties earlier, No Terrans to be seen just the usual tholian gangs...?

Only new thing i noticed was all the cool anomalies popping up and stuff.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
    edited September 2013
    guys wat....

I played with some of my fleeties earlier, No Terrans to be seen just the usual tholian gangs...?

Only new thing i noticed was all the cool anomalies popping up and stuff.

There's 2 versions. One with a ton of rifts, the other with a ton of ships

edited September 2013
    I'd rather have moochers than people just hanging back killing shards and healing the entity.

Shards don't heal the entity. It heals 3% every minute or so

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Shards don't heal the entity anymore, they just buff it. And that buff can be removed with certain abilities.

But that doesn't matter if you can't even damage it because you can't even get to it! :mad:
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure you're aware by now, but...devs, you've f-ked it up again!
    It may be because of all the ships, or the many people in the queue, but my ship goes backward and then fast-forward.....it's unplayable by all definitions.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    More Marks, more Dilithium, more fun?
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Are you 100% certain that the Terran ships are not firing on the Tholians or CE, and not being chased by Fragments? That would be different than what was observed during local testing.

If left to their own devices, a good portion of the Terran ships are likely to end up aiding players against the Crystalline Entity. Unless something has gone wrong.

If everything is working as originally intended, then one potential 'solution' for this phase (if it appears - it doesn't always) is to ease off on the use of AOE abilities like Cannon Scatter Volley, Beam Fire-at-Will, Photonic Shockwave, Tractor Beam Repulsors, etc. Unless, of course, you WANT every nearby ship shooting at you, instead of one another...

#1 Yes. Terran ships are not firing at the entity that I could see. They are either sitting in huge clusters doing nothing (until you pass by), or attacking us.

#2 1 person can TRIBBLE it up for eveyone? REALLY? Why would you do that again if that's the case?

#3 They are spawn killing too for that matter.

#4 It wasn't broke/bad/too hard/too easy before. After sooo long, it was finally just right. What on Earth made you guys change it again??? With so many broken things in the game, I constantly astounded that this sort of thing happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well after completing the 10th run of the new CC ... I realized there are several exciting new variants of the Crystalline Event ... the sad part is that one variant ... the one with the unlimited amounts of Mirror U. Ships takes approx. 40 minutes while the others never last more than 10min ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    #4 It wasn't broke/bad/too hard/too easy before. After sooo long, it was finally just right. What on Earth made you guys change it again??? With so many broken things in the game, I constantly astounded that this sort of thing happens.
    This ^^^^^

EDIT: It's not so much the change, but if it's not working as intended, it's more the lack of testing *after* a change on something that was working ok.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Are you 100% certain that the Terran ships are not firing on the Tholians or CE, and not being chased by Fragments? That would be different than what was observed during local testing.

If left to their own devices, a good portion of the Terran ships are likely to end up aiding players against the Crystalline Entity. Unless something has gone wrong.

If everything is working as originally intended, then one potential 'solution' for this phase (if it appears - it doesn't always) is to ease off on the use of AOE abilities like Cannon Scatter Volley, Beam Fire-at-Will, Photonic Shockwave, Tractor Beam Repulsors, etc. Unless, of course, you WANT every nearby ship shooting at you, instead of one another...

JUP, 100% certain, i did cpt. sisko breaktrought style to ds9 with atempt to stop dominion ships - but this case it was klingons ship throuht tends of mirror univere ships, and when have crystal entiti on sensors i have no HP droping form many mirror ships near it.
    edited September 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    JUP, 100% certain, i did cpt. sisko breaktrought style to ds9 with atempt to stop dominion ships - but this case it was klingons ship throuht tends of mirror univere ships, and when have crystal entiti on sensors i have no HP droping form many mirror ships near it.

Not only that the Terran ships are extremely tough to kill - 5x harder than say mirror event.
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and they chase you all over the map like wolfs... b1wc.png