What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch going VERY slow

Comments

• Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    wow my patch from 9% suddenly went up to 83% i think devs TRIBBLE us wahahahahahaha
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    khaoskrowkhaoskrow Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think what bothers me the most is that Cryptic keeps ignoring the problem. They work on new ships and new content while overlooking the main problem. Their servers. Which have become somewhat of a joke among players. I think it's because shiny new ships attract new players. Server stability doesn't. It would just make the people who already play the game happier. Which they don't need because, let's be honest, who's going to leave and stop spending money because of "Server not responding" messages? I love the game and am not going anywhere. But I spent an hour rubber-banding across Ker'rat last night. And that makes me pissy.
    PvPer, RPer, novice writer, RP/PvP/PvE tutor, purveyor of fine snark, and KDF mourner. R.I.P. Ker'rat.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,994 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    77% now on the patch
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      It moves again, but so slow it's almost not possible to notice...

Ok Bran, who tripped over the wires/upended their coffee mug this time round??
    • Options
      mishaengmishaeng Member Posts: 9 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      shaderCache
    • Options
      tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Well, THAT explains it. It's stuck on a HOGG file.

QUIT HOGGIN THE PIPES!
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,994 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      and i'm on, the red bull powered hamsters are working
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        khaoskrow wrote: »
        I think what bothers me the most is that Cryptic keeps ignoring the problem. They work on new ships and new content while overlooking the main problem. Their servers. Which have become somewhat of a joke among players. I think it's because shiny new ships attract new players. Server stability doesn't. It would just make the people who already play the game happier.

i agree with you 100% man.
      • Options
        edited August 2013
        i got some kind of speed
      • Options
        sarcjestersarcjester Member Posts: 17 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        91.6% gameclient.exe ???
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      • Options
        theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        sarcjester wrote: »
        FYI hitting ctrl-x shows which file is being uploaded

This. I didn't know this, but it's very useful. Thank you.
      • Options
        meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        zachariya wrote: »
        Getting .1MB every 3-5 seconds here

Same here. :( At this rate, it will take another 4.5 hours or so to download the patch. After 6 hours since the patch started, I'm calling it the day -- a very disappointing day, at that.
        3lsZz0w.jpg
      • Options
        pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
        edited August 2013
        Patching speeds continue to improve for STO, and more players are getting in-game. Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
      • Options
        edited August 2013
        59.7% shaderCache.hogg
      • Options
        smithdecksmithdeck Member Posts: 57 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        Im still stuck on 58%, should I restart the launcher?
      • Options
        monkeymtv123monkeymtv123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        A lot of us are having this same issue, not much you can do but wait I'm afraid, the devs know about it though
        edited August 2013
        Looks like this is not the first time that stupid .hogg file has caused problems
        http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=738971
        Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
      • Options
        edited August 2013
        Patching speeds continue to improve for STO, and more players are getting in-game. Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

kidding? speed improve is +0.00000000000001 kb/sec for me
      • Options
        rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        I'm getting something similar I've been patching for the last 2 hours I've cancelled the patch twice thinking it might speed it up but it didn't im sitting at 82.0mb/139mb anyone know if this problem is on my end or the patching servers?
      • Options
        sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        launcher has started moving again, at a snails pace but it's moving
        were you guys at cryptic playing indoor soccer or foot ball and trip over a wire and unplug something LOL,
      • Options
        dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        dsaris wrote: »
        EVERYONE is having snail pace downloads. Go watch some TV and come back to it in an hour.

Ironically, that's exactly what I did.

It seems lots of people end up finding out about Alf these days... :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
      • Options
        voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        more than 1 hour waiting for the patch

not a complain,just info

would be nice to be able to get in game
        m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

• Options
        vizhoniavizhonia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        Alright.. This current patch is clearly being distributed in two stages. First part was about 440 meg and it patched quickly, but then when I hit 88.2% and about 70 meg into the next patch it slows down, and I don't mean slows down a little.. I mean slows down to dialup speeds with long lags of nothing being receieved... So I restart it... This time it's telling me it has 80 meg of 138 meg needed to patch and it won't make it further than 2 meg of data transfer before it starts slowing to a crawl again.
      • Options
        otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        Seems the cluprit is indeed the shaderCache.hogg file.

The .hogg files seems to like causing problems, seem to remember one causing problems during LoR launch too...
      • Options
        monkeymtv123monkeymtv123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        rykus83 wrote: »
        I'm getting something similar I've been patching for the last 2 hours I've cancelled the patch twice thinking it might speed it up but it didn't im sitting at 82.0mb/139mb anyone know if this problem is on my end or the patching servers?

It is their servers, possibly struggling to match the amount of people downloading the patch at the same time
        edited August 2013
        Come On Cryptic. I've Been Patching This For 3 Hours!
      • Options
        katsutalkatsutal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        It happens alot, last time it went down for patching i had the same issue, it would get to around 88% then stop.....it says it keeps receiving but......alas no actual patching, only way i got around it last time was complete uninstall and reinstall.
      • Options
        terppa123terppa123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thats a full of ..... there is no improvement...and my patience is grown small..
      • Options
        captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        come On Cryptic. I've Been Patching This For 3 Hours!

Holy Jesus And Marry, I'm In!!!!!!!!!!
      • Options
        bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        Stuck at 88 too, if I were in a time travelling Delorean that would mean something, as it is I am annoyed.
        In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
      This discussion has been closed.