Install Arc
Options

Patch going VERY slow

Comments

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I'll be damned...

It finally got done. Good luck to the rest of you all.
  • Options
    skymarshall3skymarshall3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh look i moved to 60% and now going s l o w again :mad:
  • Options
    sunbobsunbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    MINE GOT TO 100%:D BUT IT FED ME AN ERROR THAT SAYS CANNOT FIND LOCKED FILE:mad: I CANT GET IN!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
    <Inserthere>
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok go into the cryptic studios/ star trek / live/cache folder and delete all 3 files and then watch the hog transfer fly :)
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    im in it works great
  • Options
    tarawntarawn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't get the game to patch correctly...I keep getting error 36: a file was locked that could not be opened for writing...then it restarts and does it all over again...:eek: Please correct or tell me how I can correct....Thanks...
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Urgh...this is just annoying. I will try later. Gonna go play something else until this works.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    monkeymtv123monkeymtv123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Woo! I am in and it is working! :D I hope you're all jealous! :D
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,092 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I must be the only one (or one of few) that had no probs patching at all. It was all done in about a minute and a half. But then again I do have a download speed of 76Mbs.
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm crawling (or stopped) at 87%. Ah well, no rush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same problem here
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    do what i said on the last page im playing and i was waiting 2 hours then after that fix and restarting the launcher im playing the game
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Patching speeds continue to improve for STO, and more players are getting in-game. Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

patching at .1 mb/second just like everyone else. everything is working great though apparently as patching speeds continue to improve!!!!!
  • Options
    vizhoniavizhonia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...as suggested by kawasakizx10rr in the thread about how slow it is, go into your .../cryptic/Star Trek Online/Live/Cache file, delete everything there and then try again. It changed my patcher from reporting 80meg/138 patched and crawling in the trasnfer. Instead it reported 10meg or 38 patched, and it transfered the needed files in about a minute.

It worked for me. Might work for you
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    delete the cache folders in the live / cache folder it will make new ones don't waste your time im playing right now
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I deleted all 3 hog files, no change what so ever, 1k every 3 second and speedtest tells me I run 19 ms and 14mb download speed, f u cryptic for your constant patches without a dedicated ggod server to handle them
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you very much. Appears to have worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    tarawntarawn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    delete the cache folders in the live / cache folder it will make new ones don't waste your time im playing right now

deleted as instructed...and it didn't work...still getting the error....:mad:
  • Options
    skymarshall3skymarshall3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013

nope, tried that and i'm now back and stuck at 59%, way to go cryptic !!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    it is working look at the hog file with ctrl x and then when its at 100% :). the game will still show 80% till that hogg is done stay calm
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    will we be able to get tomorrow today's free ships if we can't enter the game right now?:D
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no dice still slow ......it was a nice try though
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fictional conversation in a secret location.
    The true handles have been disguised for anti flaming reasons.

Voice of reason:- Err boss we have a problem.

Cashy Man:- 10-1000, 11-1000, 12-1000, 13-1000. I'm a little busy at the moment but whats the problem.

Voice of reason:- Well the players are experiencing slow patching again.

Cashy Man:- Yes its happens now and then.

Voice of reason:- Well shouldn't we do something about it?

Cashy Man:- Our experts have looked into the last 3 or 4 times it has occured and made suggestions for sure.
    But as a buisness we need to prioritise our resources to get the best return for our time and money.

Voice of reason:-Erm! yeah I am aware of all that but would it not benefit both us and the players to try to fix these issues.

Especially when we are releasing a new lock box or feature?

Cashy Man:- If we lived in a perfect world :-) yes but its not is it?

Our metrics have shown that we lose very few players to these issues and any we do lose are more than replaced by new or returning players interested to see the new shineys or feature.

Voice of reason:- Oh! OK! But we must be losing money on the day of slow patching.

Cashy Man:-You are correct some players will log out and try later or maybe the next day and many of these may have been tempted to spend and their cash would be in our accounts earning us more cash.

This may have been a considerable sum but a drop in the ocean of the cost of sorting out the problem of slow patching or lag or Disconnects once and for all.

Voice of reason:- Our player base must be pretty understanding about these things I guess.

Cashy Man:-Errm! How long have you been here again?

Voice of reason:- Not too long to be honest.

Cashy Man:- Well here is the low down.

We are blessed with an amazing player base in general and an amazing IP.

Believe me when I say.
    If they cannot get patched and in game spending like crazy today.
    Then they will tomorrow or the next day or the next.

Now was that all?

Voice of reason:- Erm! Yes I think so.

Cashy Man:- Cool. Now where was I. Oh yeah. 14-1000, 15-1000, 16-1000, 17-1000.
  • Options
    dramausdramaus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Grrrr, It's not working for me either.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All the time you spent writing that you could've just watched a Trek DVD or two and then come back to play. :)

As it is, this one will just get merged with the other "slow patching" thread. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    rakija879 wrote: »
    will we be able to get tomorrow today's free ships if we can't enter the game right now?:D

Unfortunately not -- everything is on a schedule that was patched in last week. You still have over 20 hours to get in-game and claim them, though.

From what I can see, speeds have increased quite a bit and a large majority who were patching last time I posted are now in-game. Thanks for everyone's continued patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Again, the main cause of the trouble is the shadercache.hogg file in the cache folder. Removing that will help break the loop.
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or watch Galaxy Quest.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Galaxy Quest is always a fun watch. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
This discussion has been closed.