Install Arc
Options

Patch going VERY slow

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    henwood1983henwood1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I still have this problem. But in my case it's shoving patched 1538 KB/432Mb, Received 53 KB, patching, patching, than Bang, error 14, restarting. All over again and again. :( With ISP is nothing wrong, the speed is as always. I can't even look at my characters at Gateway, loading timeout this time. what the smeg is going on?
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Brandon tweeted me that all is fine on their end there ARE NO PROBLEMS. "Looking good" was what he said.

this is the same company and the very same people that had their password database TRIBBLE and didn't even know it for over two years.

inability to discover a problem and insistence that everything "looks good on their end" despite all the evidence to the contrary is classic cryptic modus operandi.

commons sense should kick in eventually. "oh hey all these people are having problems.. maybe there actually is a problem."
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just uninstalled STO from my laptop. Amazing...I never thought I would. Not until it ACTUALLY died, anyway.

Shame PWE hates us so much. Would be nice if more than some people could get into the game. We never did get an explanation, or a real solution. They just waited around for it to fix itself. Typical duchebag tactics.

Well, I suggest you all do the same. This game WILL NEVER get better. They've effectively excluded a good number of former customers from the game without any regret or resolution.

Think about that.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    my patching yesterday till today pb00.jpg it's only 460mb :mad:

they won't even bother to help you tsk tsk
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    captcalviouscaptcalvious Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So my game crashed on monday, couldn't get it to start back up again. had to uninstall it and try a new install...big mistake. i've been patching my new install since monday evening and its nowhere near being finished. seems this is a common issues for a lot of people. anyone ever find a solution for this? or is this one of those "not an issue on our end" issue? =/
  • Options
    daeynadaeyna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So my game crashed on monday, couldn't get it to start back up again. had to uninstall it and try a new install...big mistake. i've been patching my new install since monday evening and its nowhere near being finished. seems this is a common issues for a lot of people. anyone ever find a solution for this? or is this one of those "not an issue on our end" issue? =/

Fire up pingplotter, throw patchserver.crypticstudios.com in the upper left box, set trace interval to 1 and samples to 100 and hit trace. I'm pretty sure you'll clearly see where the problem lies.

Needless to say, i'm not happy with craptics crappy server and network choices.
  • Options
    ocherocher Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello,

Slightly off topic perhaps, as I assume you're patching after having played the game, however I'm wondering.. I downloaded the game and the launcher is now downloading the first patch/update so I can start playing for the first time. So far it has taken over 12 hours and is up to 27+Gig, with 0% done so far. :confused:

Exactly how big is the first patch supposed to be...? I have a cap limit on my internet and if it's at 0% now with 27Gig ...well I certainly need to know so I can cancel ASAP. I can't really afford a 2Tb download :p

Thank you so much, sorry again for being slightly off topic.
    Ocher

Note: Well at 34Gig and after reading through some of this (I shoulda done that earlier lol) I've decided not to bother. Shame, I heard the game was (read: Was) awesome... years ago maybe? I'm not going to even try it out now. Hrmn, waste of 34Gig of my broadband cap. :insertdisappointedfacehere:
  • Options
    captcalviouscaptcalvious Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    SO here i am, almost a full week since i re installed the game and i'm only half done. I'v made requests for help from Cryptic on here and their FB page and have gotten no response from them. I'm a little ticked off at this point as a week before i just bought a life sub cause i was just starting to like the game again. Just for fun i updated my GW2 game that i haven't touched in over a year and it updated a huge patch in less then 5 mins. i'v missed getting the carrier, and at the rate its not going. i'll probably not be able to play the new stuff when it launches. =/ Not mad exactly, just really disappointed at the lack of support from the company. Has anyone ever gotten this issue resolved?
  • Options
    collossustitancollossustitan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same, here the minute Season 9 came out, i tried patching, i wait an hour and only goes up 15%, tried so many times, and wait 4 hours, stays at 49% all the time, nothing works, Cryptic needs to get their patch severs up to date
  • Options
    sputnikllsputnikll Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can someone tell me at least how to SEE the percentage of progress? I am only told that a patch is happening followed with a pair of ellipsis. :(
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sputnikll wrote: »
    Can someone tell me at least how to SEE the percentage of progress? I am only told that a patch is happening followed with a pair of ellipsis. :(

The percentage is shown in the box next to the big patch/cancel button. And please don't necro threads from a year ago.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.