What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch going VERY slow

Comments

• Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Captain you speak the truth but I do like a little dig now and then as much as the next captain. :-)
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    ham1181ham1181 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here. Except that now, instead of being stuck, it keeps saying "error 36; restart in 10 seconds". can any of you guys help me?
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you i will look into it.
  • Options
    predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've deleted everything in the Live/cache folder, and nothing's changed. I don't even see any new files after starting the patcher.
  • Options
    narfboy621narfboy621 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The patch is still stuck at 51 percent for me. Any tips?
  • Options
    bimanthabimantha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a slightly different issue. The patcher wont launch. by that every single time i have entered my password details and clicked login, i get the crash box, this has now happened 30 times. I cant even get to the patcher. Currently I'm re-installing the entire game because nothing else i have tried has worked.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No problems here, patched in less than 2 minutes. Must be on the user's end.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    No problems here, patched in less than 2 minutes. Must be on the user's end.

yes 28 pages of people having problems on their end... couldn't possibly anything wrong on cryptic's end though cause you got right in. /rolleyeyes
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I went out for a few hours and the patching finished. I am in now, I hope all you guys get it fixed too and can get in.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My game patched but now crashes constantly on "Star Trek Legacy of Romulus" loading screen and doesn't get past that. After that it just shuts down and then the I get the submit error window. I've submitted the error two times. Still can't get in now. Probably won't get my free ships either. Nice.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Stuck at 58.7%, have been for over an hour now.

So why is is the quality of this game continues to go downhill? Why is improvement SO HARD for you folks?

Really regret that $100 in zen I just spent -- can't play the game, what did I just spend my money on?
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I keep tribble patched and up to date to avoid this problem.

@ 8am
    Patched 82.3MB / 139MB
    Received 43.4MB - 59%

@9am
    Patched 105MB / 139MB
    Received 87MB - 76%

Come ooonnnnn... I have lockbox ships to vaporise in Ker'rat.

@9:10 am and I'm in!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,249 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too have been unable to play today and I really wanted the free ships :(
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Brandon tweeted me that all is fine on their end there ARE NO PROBLEMS. "Looking good" was what he said.

Yet -- such a TINY patch and I'm STILL stuck two and a half hours in.

It claims I'm downloading at .01kbs -- even so I have not seen any forward progress with multiple restarts... proxy settings make no difference either.

At this point I could have downloaded and reinstalled entirely by now.
  • Options
    rammaniac#8662 rammaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Brandon tweeted me that all is fine on their end there ARE NO PROBLEMS. "Looking good" was what he said.

Yet -- such a TINY patch and I'm STILL stuck two and a half hours in.

It claims I'm downloading at .01kbs -- even so I have not seen any forward progress with multiple restarts... proxy settings make no difference either.

At this point I could have downloaded and reinstalled entirely by now.

Did you tell him to look at this thread, 29 pages. I believe something is wrong!!!!!
    [=/\= ================= =/\=]
    Asset Steven Kenter
    Section 31 - Beta Squad
    Current Mission: [Classified]
    Current Location: [Classified]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I did. He referenced this thread as well. "saw my post."

Thing is I'm now across the street on my neighbor's Verizon DSL, and I have the SAME issue.

So it's not Time Warner. It's not Verizon.

For some reason I am getting my download in increments of .01 kbs or less, with periods of .00 lasting upwards of 3-4 min at a time.

SO in other words the problem is NOT on my end. Nor is it computer specific as the LAPTOP will not patch either. Same issue.

And that is my third and final reboot -- reload... still stuck in exactly the same spot.

Laptop is stuck in the same spot.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *hypnotoad sound*

All.

Gl. or. y

To

The

Bran

Flakes.

@__@

(firewall settings -- check them! My computer person is currently suffering from a severe case of rapid-onset irreversible permanent death.)
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    SO in other words the problem is NOT on my end. Nor is it computer specific as the LAPTOP will not patch either. Same issue.

Doesn't appear to be on Cryptic's end either, as I had no problems this morning patching and logging in this morning from the Silicon Valley... (After having my STO account disabled for the past 2 days due to being one of the less then 110 account issue...)

With a large number of people having this problem, this seems to imply that its a ISP backbone issue
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having this same issue.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    crematedpuppiescrematedpuppies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why is this downloading so slow for me my friend downloaded in 15 minutes and he has the same connecting/company i have?
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Patch grinds to a halt at 60%. Even their updates aren't fun. Yay Cryptic! I just want to log in for my free stuff. This warrants a return of the Brandon exile:

/exile Brandon
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    damianhawkdamianhawk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still having this problem too. Was stuck at 60% before I left for work, shut everything down hoping a restart would fix it when I got home. Now I am still stuck at 60% and pissed off...Finally offer freebies worth grabbing and I can't get them :mad:
  • Options
    bimanthabimantha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still having the issue that the launcher wont even start patching. As soon as the two words Loading Launcher come up on the launcher screen, the Cryptic Error reporter pops up. none of the launcher options have any effect. it also wont run through steam. For those saying user error or isp backbone error, a friend is on the same isp and has been playing since the patch. Hower the game was running fine before the patch, but I cannot even get connected to start patching.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP here, back to continue ********.

Well, I went to work and came home. I was really hoping it was just the free **** in the CStore causing the server overload. It happened Epically at launch -- everyone wanted their damn Borg. Well, this isn't NEARLY as cool, nor is there any real incentive (Rhode Island doesn't have a hanger bay...). It's just a symptom of the same bull**** PWE touts as sound business strategy. THEY DON'T GIVE A ****. Never have, never will.

That said, I logged back in (that is, I attempted to do so) and it got stuck at 55%. So I restarted it (and my computer) and it stopped agaon at 66%.

They've been at it all day (or at least a good part of it) and have NO resolution. The so-called "solution" they faked was worse than the problem itself. At least the first time I got to 88%. And ALL they need is a basic server upgrade. Big project, yes. But one that is ENTIRELY realistic. This game just doesn't mean enough to them to actually take care of it and fix things when they go wrong. All it is (or what it became) is a beta test for moneygrubbing bull**** they want to put into Neverwinter.

So, I submit to you all, that I am officially regequitting. Yes, I understand that this post will likely be deleted and my forum account banned. But Isuspect there are many people who have had itt with PWE's refusal to admit that their patches **** things up. In fact, they haven't even told us about the cause of this issue. It reeks of douchebaggery.

One more BETA era lifer leaving. Not the first, not the last. Their tactic is working.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stoutes wrote: »

Just wanted it on the record that I read the rest of this post.

I found this file. I deleted it. Right now I'm at 58% and going nowhere fast.

So I deleted the other similar file. The one with "rdr" in front of it. STILL nothing.

And it would appear that Branflakes has deflected the blame (somewhere it says he claimed nothing was wrong). So it's EVERY one of us, somehow colluding against PWE, from different parts of the world, entirely strangers, plotting against them? WHAT THE ****?? PWE needs to either take the time necessary to fix their ****, or shut this game down for good. I really don't know why anyone is still holding on. It's unofficially DEAD. **** like this, and the things PWE pulls, are proof. It isn't a game anymore. It's a ****ing tourist trap.

[/confirmed ragequit]
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    from 83% to this im still stuck in 59% :mad:
    Thank You Very Very Much
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    nevermind its ok now im happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy love ya deeeeeeeeeeeeeevs muahahahahhahahah :D
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    redskins69redskins69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have noticed a bunch of others saying that they are having a Error 36 message after the patch.....and as of yet, I have not seen anything on what to do to fix that error.

I have finished the downloading and I am now getting that same error message....

"Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing." Restart in .....

What needs to be done to fix this error message?
This discussion has been closed.