Install Arc
Options

PVP - No thanks...

123457»

Comments

• Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously.. has cryptic ever gone into Ker'rat when you have 4 or 5 (or more) ships with hangars? and then they spend this patch update fixing everything about spam making it even more annoying in PvP.. oooh now they have an interface to annoy more consistently and effectively.

Players don't have enough anti-spam abilities or the cooldowns are too long to be effective to combat them and all the while, they are strengthening the hulls, shields, etc.. of these little monsters making it so that one torpedo spread or FAW no longer takes them out effectively.

WTG CRYPTIC!....... you are blind!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tfomega wrote: »
    Seriously.. has cryptic ever gone into Ker'rat when you have 4 or 5 (or more) ships with hangars? and then they spend this patch update fixing everything about spam making it even more annoying in PvP.. oooh now they have an interface to annoy more consistently and effectively.

Players don't have enough anti-spam abilities or the cooldowns are too long to be effective to combat them and all the while, they are strengthening the hulls, shields, etc.. of these little monsters making it so that one torpedo spread or FAW no longer takes them out effectively.

Don't worry, Buh, I've parked Julius in his A2B FaW spamming Galor in Ker'rat. I'll keep you safe!
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tfomega wrote: »

I'll go back to having 2x TS on my B'Rel.

But yeah, seriously, pets didn't need a buff...
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903254174180017212/D5A804E8D0B5CCF68459A42DB9D2A693B25DBE0B/

The picture says it all. You were in our winning pug team against a premade last night. :)

Hah, Flash sez hello
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know what was going on last night but the queues were stupendous. Lots of good pug teams, a handful of semi premades and premades.
    Won against a premade team twice.
    Limited cheese and spam, some good battles.
    It was what PvP used to be not so long back.
    Last night was the first night in weeks where the PvP battles have been about the skill of the players and team rather than who has the most spam and dodgy consoles.
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The one thing that kills PvP for me is endless pet spam (especially Yellowstone Runabouts). Seriously Cryptic, pets didn't need another buff. I can live with all the p2w console silliness, but the pet spam just kills it.

The only PvP that I find fun anymore is private within our fleet divisions.

And Ker'rat is a total joke now. It's always 15 Feds vs 1 or 2 hapless KDFers. Most of the time at least a few of the feds are pet spamming.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    The one thing that kills PvP for me is endless pet spam (especially Yellowstone Runabouts). Seriously Cryptic, pets didn't need another buff. I can live with all the p2w console silliness, but the pet spam just kills it.

The only PvP that I find fun anymore is private within our fleet divisions.

And Ker'rat is a total joke now. It's always 15 Feds vs 1 or 2 hapless KDFers. Most of the time at least a few of the feds are pet spamming.

And as soon as a few KDF show up and even the odds somewhat, Feddies start running with their tails between their legs.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it as long as it is true...

It's always been a trip that there could be two instances of Ker'rat going and...

One could be over 9000 Feds vs. 1 KDF...
    One could be over 9000 KDF vs. 1 Fed...

Yes, that's an exaggeration - but the gist is true. It amazing how many times there will be both KDF and Feds complaining about being outnumbered from different instances...
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    And as soon as a few KDF show up and even the odds somewhat, Feddies start running with their tails between their legs.

Then you must have not been to Kerrat recently. Klingons have gone extinct there.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Late last night a day or 2 ago I was pugging FvK against Fed premade, was great fun. KDF pugs tend to be able to give serious premades a good challenge so I was excited unlike when playing on a fed pug and against a premade. We had a Sad Panda healer (bieber) on his KDF alt doing great healing and some debuffs so were able to hang in the fight for 11 kills until we finally lost.
    Much more fun then the usual 15-0 stomps that happen in normal FvK with both teams pug.

The other premade didn't use nearly as much cheese as I usually see from Fed premades, both sides fought fairly, no endless TIF spam and web mines everywhere, we all said GG and had a great time.

Really?

Here is a screenshot of a premade losing 0-15 against our Pug team :

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/903254994307681486/D143FA84F599CC1DA302F068AFF9FA4B0A8769EE/

Not all premades are equal obviously. If this premade were one of those that use "special in-game programs" or super cheesy P2W comrades, things would have turned out very different.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It was a nova core actual premade with recluse healers in my match while I think your "premade" you beat was more of a pugmade from same fleet that I see on ground more then in space.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It was a nova core actual premade with recluse healers in my match while I think your "premade" you beat was more of a pugmade from same fleet that I see on ground more then in space.

We beat Nova Core premade in a pug about a week ago. They are good but not cheesy, so they lost like 9-15. Maybe your Klingon pug wasn't so superior after all. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Really?

Here is a screenshot of a premade losing 0-15 against our Pug team :

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/903254994307681486/D143FA84F599CC1DA302F068AFF9FA4B0A8769EE/

Not all premades are equal obviously.

Looks like a farming premade built to lose...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Looks like a farming premade built to lose...

And you know this...how? Are you telepathic?
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

If you do ground pvp at all you would know that fleet is seen there a lot, I havent done it much in past month or 2 but see them there more then space, most of those characters are probably full ground spec.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you do ground pvp at all you would know that fleet is seen there a lot, I havent done it much in past month or 2 but see them there more then space, most of those characters are probably full ground spec.

I don't know. One of them is in one the shiny new Romulan VA ship just out today. Typically, a ground focus group won't bother with shiny new space toys. Maybe their fleet is diversifying? :D Just as FS, a ground focus fleet, claims to have beaten the Sad Pandas known for "special space programs" recently?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I looked the screenshot you provided...beyond the 0/15, there's some very telling info there.

They combined for 333498 damage.
    They combined for 759691 healing.

There was a guy with 57391 damage, 43532 healing, and 0 deaths...

...c'mon.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Late last night a day or 2 ago I was pugging FvK against Fed premade, was great fun. KDF pugs tend to be able to give serious premades a good challenge so I was excited unlike when playing on a fed pug and against a premade. We had a Sad Panda healer (bieber) on his KDF alt doing great healing and some debuffs so were able to hang in the fight for 11 kills until we finally lost.
    Much more fun then the usual 15-0 stomps that happen in normal FvK with both teams pug.

The other premade didn't use nearly as much cheese as I usually see from Fed premades, both sides fought fairly, no endless TIF spam and web mines everywhere, we all said GG and had a great time.
    Glad you had fun. We try not to use cheesy stuff when we team together (unless going up against a premade that is known to use AMS or TIF, then we may equip that to counter theirs), which I find to be a better and more enjoyable experience for all. At the same time, we don't mind if a team wants to use certain things either as we enjoy the challenge :)
    We beat Nova Core premade in a pug about a week ago. They are good but not cheesy, so they lost like 9-15. Maybe your Klingon pug wasn't so superior after all. :rolleyes:
    Were you in that pug where all our deaths came from someone from Nova Core that was on your team using nukara mines? If so, that's the match where those mines were taking down our Recluse Engineer healer solo in 4 seconds (and I believe we had a pug on our team as well). It's ironic, because we dissuade our members from using certain cheesy stuff when we team together, but if they're pugging then they are free to play with their toys. Methinks you got lucky ;) If it was a different game then I guess I wasn't there, but anyway, if you're ever on STO and want a game (friend or foe), just message me.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On a side note, I decided to roll recently a new toon becuase I primarily wanted to see the new, early KDF missions. Once those were done, I decided to start taking this new one to 50.

I also wanted to dive into again low level PVP. When STO came out, I have very fond memories of how active PVP was under level cap. Lieutenant onwards, there was ample fighting to be found, but I always felt that at around Captain was where PVP was at its purest before gimmicks started kicking in.

Anyways, sad to see it, but low level PVP is nonexistent now. I was expecting it to an extent since we were all still levelling when STO released, and was expecting smaller numbers. But the state of PVP below Lv50 is kind of sad to see. Just doesn't exist at all.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is some PvP in Ker'rat but yeah, low level PvP is now in worse state then it was before LoR. For some reason. After short burst after LoR started and old players were rerolling toons it moved from a match from time to time to non existant.

And what PvP is left in Ker'rat is so friggin boring. Low level Klinks are going after Borg, low level Rommies are going after Borg. Feds are doing the usual - going after Borg. Klinks and Roms are eager to fight until they learn that you can counter their cloak (or that flying the Red does not make you uber by default). Then they return to hunting the Borg.

Dunno why LoR killed low level PvP. It was never in good shape after F2P, but it was there. Now I'm starting to think that it is time to find something else to play. Not quite there yet, but almost.

Sigh.