test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar bugged?

Comments

• wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rcdriver91 wrote: »
    WEll even when i do know that you are probably very sarcastic ... will do ;)

only half sarcastic.. Its been a hell of a day. Forgive me please.. And yes, i would enjoy seeing a video :)..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • rcdriver91rcdriver91 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    only half sarcastic.. Its been a hell of a day. Forgive me please.. And yes, i would enjoy seeing a video :)..

http://youtu.be/3a56pPTLS7o

should be done within the next hour ;)

Ninjaedit: it's uploaded
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I did more testing on the Scimitar in PvP. After 7 different Arena matches + 1 C&H, I did not die even once and our Pug team won all 8 encounters. A couple of close calls but it managed to survive and scored lots of kills. Only ran into a Premade once however, and it's not a cheesy Premade. If I were to run into one those highly cheesy Preamdes and rumored to be using "special in-game programs", then the outcome would likely be different but luckily, no. I further tested in a pseudo 1 vs 1 against one the most nasty Bug ship out there, CryoX, in Kerrat. The match was not completed due to untimely reset but at the time of reset, he is down to 10-15% of hull and I had about 60% and still have not used Secondary Shielding. You'd think if there is something wrong with the hull resist, the ship probably can't survive the kind of fire CryoX is putting out in his bug. So if there is any obvious bugs, I am not seeing them...

That said, to compare, I also purposely flew my Wells around a bit, back to back. The Wells has 10K less hull than the Scimitar but it feels as though it's more tanky, strange but that's my hunch. It's hard to compare their shields because Wells has the top shielding of any ship and the two ships don't use the same shields. But as far as the hull resist is concerned, I can see why some people suspect the Scimitar has a hull resist bug. I don't have hard numbers so it's just an impression I get. FYI, I have dismissed the shuttle on the Rommie toon so I don't have a shuttle there anymore. Still, this feeling is strange even though my Scimitar is just fine, whether in CE Elite or Borg eSTF. Some people reported being one-shot by Gate, it never happened to me. Actually, the Gate generally doesn't scratch me much because I don't give it the opportunity to do so.

The bottom line is if the Dev wants to buff the Scim, I am all for it. I am a little concerned however about Cyrptic trying to fix bugs because they tend to break something else while trying to fix a problem. It almost always turns out like that, for example, human leadership trait is left broken since LoR with no fix at all.
    edited July 2013
    What is your setup on the Scimitar iskandus ?
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, its not and it happens to all of us all the time.. I'm running almost 9K of shields and 54K of hull, and i get one shot by gates all the time. It doesnt happen in my Bort (55K hull ) it doesnt happen in my armitage ( 57K hull ) and it doesnt happen in my Vo'Quv ( 47K hull )But it happens in my Mogai, My refit D'Dex, and my Scimitar. I must admit it really pisses me off, but worse, I dont have any solution to the problem.

Don't feel bad. I died on Azure today (Scimitar). Nobody dies on Azure...

:o
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    That said, to compare, I also purposely flew my Wells around a bit, back to back. The Wells has 10K less hull than the Scimitar but it feels as though it's more tanky, strange but that's my hunch.

Do you have the Techie trait?
    Is your captain a human?
    Are you using any human boffs?

With all of that, your base hull regen in combat would be twice that of a romulan in a warbird.
    edited July 2013
    rcdriver91 wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/3a56pPTLS7o

should be done within the next hour ;)

Ninjaedit: it's uploaded

Not bad.. I wish fraps didnt take up so much disk space as i would have liked to have seen the entire eSTF.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • madmansnipes007madmansnipes007 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Getting rid of the shuttle worked wonders for me :) I had the scorpion shuttle if that matters
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone had any luck trying to get a refund on the Scimitar pack? if so what channels did you go through?
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shuttle defiantly was effecting something on my end. Once I got rid of it all my officer positions and personal tray was reset. The bad thing is it made my ship worse now everything is cutting right through my shields:eek:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone had any luck trying to get a refund on the Scimitar pack? if so what channels did you go through?

You can't get a refund on the scimitar. You also cannot get a refund on any purchase in game that requires real money. It's in the fine text of the EULA.

Basically PWE and Cryptic Studios are under no obligation to refund any in game purchase that was made successfully (I.E was not bugged out or screwed up etc) and voluntarily by a player. They can choose to do so if they want to, but I think in this case... they won't. So once you buy it, you're stuck with it. And you aren't getting your money back. It sucks, but that's how it goes.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited July 2013
    Not bad.. I wish fraps didnt take up so much disk space as i would have liked to have seen the entire eSTF.

ye , sadly even this short video took 1,3 GB :/

But i can tell you: Didn't die once :)

If you want to, i post in the full build here
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    Do you have the Techie trait?
    Is your captain a human?
    Are you using any human boffs?

With all of that, your base hull regen in combat would be twice that of a romulan in a warbird.

1) Yes, Techie trait
    2) No, Betazoid
    3) There are 2 human boffs

Will check what's the hull regeneration rate per tooltip
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I run regular ESTF's and i really can tank gates and tac cubes in my scimitar. And i have the Lt Commander slot as a tactical.

2 x tac team 1
    2 x EPTS 1
    1 x transfer shield strength 2
    1 x hazard emitters 1

My shield power runs at around 84 with full singularity when i have full weapons, and with EPTS its always at around 110 and if the doffs proc then shield power is maxed......this helps a lot and is key. However cloaking is your best defense.

Purple doff for proc of shield power on using energy weapons, and the torpedo version too
    Purple doff that can clear debuffs on use of emergency power.

I use the full Borg Mk XI set at the moment if that helps? Not sure what all the people who keep having problems are using, maybe its just one shield type that is bugged, if at all?

Also my Thaloron does 60k damage when i pump full aux and alpha. Plus another 60k from the dot.....thats a lot. And i critted 140k on it the other day. I have 6 slots in particle generators.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • synthenoxsynthenox Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is a glitch that is affecting some captains of the Scimitar more than others depending on how the ship is laid out. Organic generation of shields is bugged when having the shileds while cloaked console equipped. Try running around with that, you will find that you are quite a bit more tanky.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    Purple doff for proc of shield power on using energy weapons, and the torpedo version too

Do these DOffs stack with Plasmonic Leech, and are you using that too?
  • madmansnipes007madmansnipes007 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Yes they do stack
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    synthenox wrote: »
    There is a glitch that is affecting some captains of the Scimitar more than others depending on how the ship is laid out. Organic generation of shields is bugged when having the shileds while cloaked console equipped. Try running around with that, you will find that you are quite a bit more tanky.

So that might mean that it's just that one console that's bugged as opposed to the ship itself.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • synthenoxsynthenox Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think that is the case. Unfortunately for us, it's pretty much the same thing as that console allows for the battle cloak and for the thalaron pulse to work; essentially making the scimitar only partially a scimitar. For the time being, I am running the ship without the console though, and it's been very beefy for me, so I do have hope that one day we will be able to pilot the ship that it was meant to be.
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I may have found a set up that works, the crew still fall at a sneeze but on the whole its working much much better, out of about 8 stfs yesterday i think i died about 4 times, not including horendous deaths on the borg queen one (bloody things can one shot me still cloaked and shielded with overshields)

Ok so what am I running: (Falchion Hull) [I also Discharged my shuttle, bought it back again and re set it as my primary and things seem to be working better, so its definatly linked to shuttles somehow]

Weapons are front: Fleet plasma DBB, Fleet plasma cannon, Fleet plasma DC, Fleet plasma BA, Fleet plasma torp.

rear: Nanite Disruptor BA x2 (will repace once i get enough FC) FLeet plasma mines

Consoles:

Tac: Cloaked Barrage and plasma torp/weapon consoles

Sci: Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator (bought the ship in the sale for this, was worth every zen), Console - Science - Stealth Module Mk XI [ShH] [-Th], Console - Science - Particle Generators Mk XI [HuH] [-Th].

Engi: the 2 other scimi consoles, ablative armour, and a sif gen

Shields:

Advanced Fleet Regenerative Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x3 [ResB] (they have lowish shield cap, but actualy regen)

Defelctor: Advanced Positron Deflector Array Mk XII [Inert] [CoSys] [SInt] [CMan]

Engines: Aegis (will replace once i get enough FC)

I use multiple engi bofs to get shield and hull boosts and a science shield boost, with the tac slot loaded with weapons abilities.

All in all it seems to be working very well.

So i hope this helps people.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So that might mean that it's just that one console that's bugged as opposed to the ship itself.

Its not just the consoles, I took all my consoles out, and still have the "phantom" damage issues. The hull is not reading kinetic damage or shields properly, I can lose half my hull and not even take a scratch on my shields.

Also the damage output of the Scim seems to be sub par, I log most of my ESTFs and the average Scim is pulling about 2k average (3k burst if they are lucky) which is odd considering the pet does reasonable damage by itself.
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have to say, regardless of what consoles I use, the shields on my scimitar never regenerate on their own. I'm having to use the valdore console and reinforced shield repair units to do the job - which they do remarkably.
    Also the damage output of the Scim seems to be sub par, I log most of my ESTFs and the average Scim is pulling about 2k average (3k burst if they are lucky) which is odd considering the pet does reasonable damage by itself.

That sounds like more like a bad-set up than the scimitar's fault. On a bad day I'm getting 8k damage (running 5 superior operatives with various DC's & DHC's with [CrtD]x3) and it can easily carry the team in an ESTF.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think there may be issues with the type of sheilds youy use, I know people who use the borg regen ones, and they work, alas I dont have them so I got the next best thing.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What variant of the chassis is everyone flying? I'm curious if the bugs are limited to one or the other. I fly the Scimitar (5 tac) variant and haven't noticed any of these bugs. Tac team works fine.

Only the thing that might be bugged is passive shield regen, but with Valdore console I wouldn't even notice so I'll take a closer look.
  • skitxxskitxx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One way that I found around about the crew loss issue was I got 2pc adapted maco for the 70% crew resist and crew regen in combat. Now my crew never dips below 2k and regens really well.

I think the big issue is that most people use a covariant type of shield that already has a really low regen rate, at least I do. So I never rely on regen and use my shield healing skills.

Also for those that were talking about TT not working.....I found the issue, even when I turn off assist when I hit TT or TSS and I just fired my rommy torp, if the trops them selfs are right under or very close to me it will automatically target them and give them the buff. This is with all targetable buffs as well. So I wait until my torps got some distance before I use a skill like that.
  • yargomeshyargomesh Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This sounds like possible combatlog issues due to the way it interacts with distance. In KASE for example, you will have relatively accurate information on those who are on your gate side but not those that are working on the other gate. ISE is best to gauge others in.

My Scimitar (tac variant) pulls about 5-6k in ISE parses set up as a burst machine. (50k BO's and 50k (with occasional 100k on generators) Plasma Energy Bolts)

Damage-wise I haven't run into any bugs on the Scimitar, just the phantom hull/shield wackyness where I feel rather like Elachi with my hull melting out from under my shields.
    edited July 2013
    also, I'm suspecting that the parsers are using the full recording length of the log as a baseline for averaging your dps, and not just the time that you are firing in, thereby giving a very inaccurate report on just how much damage your really doing. if i take and hand enter the damage reported in SOICS graph and average the sum ( dmage total divided by the number of events ) I get a hell of a lot higher dps than what is reported by STOICS. Doing that, my damage averages out between 8K - 11K not counting the thaleron pulse which by itself is doing between 60K - 66K of damage per shot ( when i get all my ducks in a row and activate all the right BOFF skills first ).
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    today i recognized two Situations in "Mirror Ivasion":

1. The Grav Well from the Flagship nearly put my hull to 30% with full shields up....that doesnt happen with my other ships

2. The TBR?s rom the NPC ships did nearly the same.

Maybe there?s also something with the kinetic damage income ? Although i?m running with skillpoints into Resist and Aux2ID !

Have mainly Problems with Hullmelting. But have to do more tests with Kinetic damage to verify that !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know that we're still investigating these reports. We've determined the cause of the issue that is preventing shield regeneration rates from displaying with certain shields and we have a fix for it internally.

In addition, shields are currently not regenerating at all while the player is cloaked, even if the player has the Singularity Distribution Unit equipped. Players aren't supposed to regenerate shields while cloaked under normal circumstances - since the shields are offline - but they should regenerate shields if they have the console equipped. I am working on a fix for this right now.

I also want to clarify that just because I said we're fixing a UI issue doesn't mean we're dismissing the reports of other issues. We're still looking for other bugs, and if we can find any, we'll get them fixed.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know that we're still investigating these reports. We've determined the cause of the issue that is preventing shield regeneration rates from displaying with certain shields and we have a fix for it internally.

In addition, shields are currently not regenerating at all while the player is cloaked, even if the player has the Singularity Distribution Unit equipped. Players aren't supposed to regenerate shields while cloaked under normal circumstances - since the shields are offline - but they should regenerate shields if they have the console equipped. I am working on a fix for this right now.

I also want to clarify that just because I said we're fixing a UI issue doesn't mean we're dismissing the reports of other issues. We're still looking for other bugs, and if we can find any, we'll get them fixed.

Thanks for the updates!

Is there any timetable of when certain fixes might go out? (for example, display bug may go out this Thursday, while the regeneration bug may take a week or two longer.)
This discussion has been closed.