test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar bugged?

Comments

• captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got 9 more days until the Sex Planet Attack Ship SPAS (Risa Corvette) I am thinking it will probably tank better than the Scimitar, so that will be my new ship. Maybe they will fix it in 4 months like the Andorian 3 pack... oh wait, those STILL are not fixed!!! *sigh*
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was able to get some experimentation done finally ( yayyy ).. But the news isnt good. in fact its downright confusing.. I had removed the singularity distribution console as was recommended earlier in this thread. That proved to work "OK", but not really. So I put it back in. I then replaced my shield emitter amplifier with a biofunction monitor i paid like 850K EC for and was dead before i even got to the first tac cube in ICE. I then quickly replaced the shield emitter amplifier and replaced the Singularity distribution console. I died twice, once almost on purpose as the tac cube was just on the other side of the gateway from m but i figured it was worth it to help take down the gate.. The Tac cube one shot me and i respawned. In fact, both deaths were one shots. The first being from the gateway itself.

the disturbing thing for me is that now after removing all of everything,changing ships, then changing ships again and replacing everything, then removing the distribution console and putting in a biofunction monitor, my results were almost opposite from the other people.. Then to see that after putting all three scimi consoles back in the ship that it works fine ( except for the highly nerfed thaleron ) just has me baffled.. it causes me to wonder if there isnt a load order issue or memory addressing issue with last come first served ( the normal C language order ) ordering of the consoles. It definately adds up to some weird voodoo going on, but damned if i can figure it out..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Running this beauty on a new Reman toon and man it tanks like hell and kicks out death in bucket loads. Such a different picture from last week on my existing ROmulan Def side (Reman is KDF).

What I suggest is the following:

Discharge all scimitar ships after first removing any good consoles you want to keep.

Discharge your shuttle completely, have no shuttle present.

Restart the game.

Claim them again and then set them up with the console 3 pack.

Try it again, I think you will see a difference.

In addition I would get the Valdore Console, yes you have to buy another ship but it's a brilliant ship in it's own right and gives you something else to play with, the console works wonders if you are kicking out a load of damage.

Please report back if any of that helps you or indeed makes no difference, but please persevere as it is an amazingly fun ship to fly.

BTW the Thalaron is not nerfed, I am seeing up to 80 K per target now and yesterday in Fleet alert destroyed 7 ships in one shot for a total of 350K damage, also took a transformer down by 25% which equates to 160K damage.

Pretty much did this recently, and thanks for the tip. After getting rid of all the scimitars I had, I just got the one I was intending to use. I no longer seem to be flying a shuttle with lot's of guns. Tac team works, no odd damage to my hull, even under full aggro of everything, give it a try folks as it seems to work. :)
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Quick Pointer/new bug found:

Do NOT use the hyper plasma on the Scimitar, or at least avoid using it. More than half the time, if you use a Tac Team, it will give the tac team to the nearest plasma torp instead of self-activating. Also, any hull heals/shield heals that can be shared (IE Hazard Emitters, Aux2SIF, Transfer Shield Strength, extend shields etc.) will instead cause you to switch targets to the nearest torp and the ability will NOT activate.

The only workaround I have found for this so far is to use hot-keys (IE shift+1, ctrl+2 etc) for those abilities. This goes for any weapon that uses a destructable projectile. And I have found that it's not just the Scimitar having this problem, happens on all my ships using the hyper plasma, but it's a lot worse on the Scimi. I have had the above bug/problem happen roughly 75% of the time on my scimi, whereas it only happens about 30% of the time on other ships.

Just an FYI.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok in response to this is this going to be worth me dissmissing my time ship shuttle, If it fixes it is it worth the loss.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Do NOT use the hyper plasma on the Scimitar, or at least avoid using it. More than half the time, if you use a Tac Team, it will give the tac team to the nearest plasma torp instead of self-activating. Also, any hull heals/shield heals that can be shared (IE Hazard Emitters, Aux2SIF, Transfer Shield Strength, extend shields etc.) will instead cause you to switch targets to the nearest torp and the ability will NOT activate.

I use Romulan Hyper Plasma on my Scimitar, never had any of the problem you describe. Since the patch, my tactical team has been working fine. I noticed is mostly in CE Elite where on needs to quickly regenerate shields, it works like a charm as a downed shield facing is quickly balanced while the Romulan hyper plasma rapid fire towards the CE.
    The only workaround I have found for this so far is to use hot-keys (IE shift+1, ctrl+2 etc) for those abilities. This goes for any weapon that uses a destructable projectile. And I have found that it's not just the Scimitar having this problem, happens on all my ships using the hyper plasma, but it's a lot worse on the Scimi. I have had the above bug/problem happen roughly 75% of the time on my scimi, whereas it only happens about 30% of the time on other ships.

I never understand why people use two-keys combo for their hot-keys. :confused: It makes your reaction time slower and you may require two hands instead of one to activate the said power. Instead, try to bind your powers to one-key, much faster and easier. You have enough keys on your keyboard to handle the volume of single keys you need. Also, I never had this bug that you describe. Occasionally, I may have tab to the wrong target, thus ended up healing a NPC but that's my error.

To be honest, my Scimitar has been rock solid since day 1. Now that it can reg. shields while cloaked and TT working properly, it is even stronger now. Surviving against Fed premades in C&H while being ganged up by 4 ships at once yesterday. Defeating Klingons in C&H, causing them to cry. :D As for ICE, never died even once since July 2. So I have no idea what to tell you since I didn't have to tweak any consoles.

I can list some fact and try to give you guys some pointers:

- Use 2 piece Scimitar unique console, no cloaked Barrage and no Thalaraon WMD (Thalaron is a banned weapon, if you are Starfleet, do not use a WMD that is totally against the law!)
    - Does not use energy weapon
    - Does not use any armor console of anykind (eg. Neutronium, Monotonim, Ablative and etc.)
    - Does not use any Science console

No idea if any of this can help but the ships tanks so well that sometimes, I just don't suffer enough damages at CE Elite (thus, doesn't heal as much) to win first despite scoring high amount of damage.

Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]
    edited July 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    *snip*

Sorry for the snip, but it's a long post, and my response is brief:

I am a clicker. I am pretty sure you know what that means lol. And I just had these problems earlier today, as in less than an hour before I posted... soo maybe I am just unlucky?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • variise1984variise1984 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for the snip, but it's a long post, and my response is brief:

I am a clicker. I am pretty sure you know what that means lol. And I just had these problems earlier today, as in less than an hour before I posted... soo maybe I am just unlucky?

No you are not unlucky. He is pointing out the fact that the issues are not impacting him or doesn't appear to be impacting him to a severe degree. I'm not sure why he isn't using energy weapons. It seems insane to turn the Scim into a torpedo boat and if you had to do that to do proper damage the ship needs to be looked at even closer.

I also found another issue. Unable to purchase any Romulan hangers. Game thinks I don't own a Romulan Dread so I can't get my hands on the drone ships. I had to purchase my Scorpion fighters via Rep which worked. I submitted a bug report on it.

I have had enough so I'm going to try what was suggested above and what worked for others. Dismiss all 3 Scims (already dismissed all shuttles) and claim them again and then re-equip. I'll post later with results.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • gorlock691gorlock691 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dismissed all scims, relogged, reacquired my Falchion and it does seem to be better now...

For those thinking on dismissing shuttles that will cost you to get back I would say do so knowing full well what might happen....This appears to be a hard to pin down issue. Could be even database related due to the whole Shuttle dismissal, reset your scims solutions posted here. Before dismissing your shuttle I would try the scims dismissal/relog and rebuild thing first. I will say that I haven't run with a shuttle for a few days now and it seemed to help, then didn't help, then helped again....there have also been patches in the middle of all this.

For me dismissing my zen shuttle wasn't a big deal. Neither is running without one....

Goodbye vault.....
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No you are not unlucky. He is pointing out the fact that the issues are not impacting him or doesn't appear to be impacting him to a severe degree. I'm not sure why he isn't using energy weapons. It seems insane to turn the Scim into a torpedo boat and if you had to do that to do proper damage the ship needs to be looked at even closer.

I realize my build is very unconventional but that's how I have been specialized for both PvE and PvP with a lot of success, like consistently finishing 1st at CE Elite and not dying at all during Arena PvP in the last dozen or so matches since I own a Scim. The point was not to ask people to offload their energy weapon, far from it, I was just describing factually what I have and why the build wasn't been affected by whatever bugs that are making others cringe.

I also found another issue. Unable to purchase any Romulan hangers. Game thinks I don't own a Romulan Dread so I can't get my hands on the drone ships. I had to purchase my Scorpion fighters via Rep which worked. I submitted a bug report on it.

See, I don't have this problem either so do many other Scims I came across in game, who have those Romulan Drone ships as well. I have Elite Romulan Drone ships (Fed), no problem. Similarly, I also have bought Yellowstone Runabouts (Federation of course) with no problem. It's bizarre how bugs are affecting some people but not everyone.
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This happens on my Fleet Ex a lot. Try to use a heal and suddenly it gets thrown onto a torp. Wasted some valuable heals this way.
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Just an FYI.

-or- go into [controls] and set "Never auto target pets" to [On] and it gets rid of this issue.
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well all I can say is that those finding the scimitar so squishy they refuse to fly it either have a rare bug on effecting certain accounts, or they're running them wrong. I NEVER blow up in ISE (I also don't fly through warp core breaches though.....) and find that it tanks more strongly than my fleet excelsior on my human fed.

I still strongly suspect that the difference maker is possibly my choice of doffs, and my power levels. Doffs I have 3 blue damage control engineers, 1 purple warp core engineer and 1 purple projectile weapons officer. Power levels are weapons 103/75, shields 59/35, engines 38/15 and aux 48/35 (all topped up using batteries and also a plasmonic leech console). The only other thing I can think might effect things are my traits as I have Elusive, Helmsman and Techie amongst my space traits, all of which will help to reduce or repair damage.

I'm not saying that anybody is at fault here for not been able to succeed with the Scimitar, but rather that maybe it just doesn't suit everybody. Not everybody likes or can fly well the same ships at the end of the day.

Not much more I can say really, what bugs my ship WAS suffering on release seem to have been cleaned up. I wish the rest of you luck in either getting a fix, or finding how to enjoy your Scimitar somehow. It's a gorgeous ship, once it's running right. ;)

Ven
    edited July 2013
    -or- go into [controls] and set "Never auto target pets" to [On] and it gets rid of this issue.

Hm... will give that a try.
  • zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, I gather the thing is still bugged onto the point of needing a NIX creme rinse... Has cryptic made any official acknowledgement of the issue or indicated a patch is in the works?

It's true that if you test a ship (I mean actually test the thing) you need to fly it in all white gear before trying the purples. But honestly, I figure most were simply trying it out before purchase and giving basic feedback from that perspective. Cryptic didn't exactly give time for ample testing before shoving this thing into the store. Can we really cream at volunteer testers over that regardless of the disappointment some are feeling?
  • madmansnipes007madmansnipes007 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    I've fixed mine :) didn't die at all today 6 hrs later. I took off all consoles and discharged all 3 ships restarted game after verification than got the 3 back, put on consoles, no armor either and all fixed. Ps I don't have a shuttle either
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am going to try dismissing all of my shuttles and scimitars to see if that can fix my issues.

Worth a try :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited July 2013

Alright, tested it out, and it works. Thanks man! Suddenly my survivability on ALL of my ships went up by a good 40% courtesy of my TT actually going to me XD.
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    may try stripping my Falchion and dismissing all three of them and getting just the falchion back, and see if that helps, should I scrap armour consoles, then, may swap it for my borg console, and put my sif gen back on.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
    edited July 2013
    I tried the dismissing trick and followed it to the letter.

It fixed the issue with me not being able to purchase Romulan Hangars. I did some extensive testing by running the Mirror Invasion STF about ten times in a row when it was up. Didn't blow up but came close a few times. As soon as a few ships started firing on me the ship felt like it was made of paper, just like before.

I also ran some elite ITC. Promptly died 3 times in ITC which I haven't done since I got the ship. I wish it was bad luck but it wasn't. I parsed the damage and it only shows me getting nailed by the invisible torpedo once, not three times. The ship just melted.

I have since ran many more STFs and several more elite ITCs and it seems random just as before. Sometimes the ship stands up to punishment and sometimes it melts.

I also found it interesting that the icon bug on the left side of the character page that turns your BOFs to ships went away after the initial fix with the dismissal, restart, purchase and setup but as soon as I beamed up into space and came back down it was messed up again.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Snip.

So, basically, any ship that you can't just jump into and do amazingly with is bugged, and anybody who puts time and effort (ec is earned in game, dilithium and fleet rep is earned in game... the only PAY to win thing there is the Scimitar itself and the Valdore console, the rest is earned in game with time and effort) into their ships is in the wrong? Well then in that case there's no point in the 100s of people having NO problems with the Scimitar since trying the basic fixes from even replying is there? ;) Quite a few of us now have shown how the Scimitar can be made to work, some with as little effort as removing consoles, dismissing shuttles etc. Others of us just want to ignore finding a work around because they didn't get the iwin ship they were hoping for it seems. Sorry, still laughing about the whole having a go about "pay to win consoles and equipment" on a thread about a C-Store ship. :D

Seems to me that it's not so much the Scimitar that is bugged here, but rather the expectations of a small minority of people.

As to running into warp core breaches, no, that's just shoddy piloting. Have a look on your skill bar, if you are a tac you have 2 skills on there. One is called brace for impact, the other is called evasive maneuvers. The first will help to counter large amounts of damage (eg. warp core breaches) the other will help you to actually get away from stuff before the warp core breaches. Park your ship on top of your target, blame yourself for getting blown into dust. You can't park an escort on top of a warp core breach and come away unscathed either...

Ven
  • gilgalad195gilgalad195 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it in the last few days, but Cloaked Barrage is definitely still bugged. I put it back on my ship yesterday, and tried it in a patrol. After defeating the enemies, I stayed in system for a while to collect a radiation report. Roughly 2 minutes later, my shields were still not recharged. No damage to my ship, no reason for my shields to heal that slowly. Let me be clear, they were healing, just VERY slowly, and this was out of combat. If the out of combat recharge is that slow when someone has used Cloaked Barrage once in the instance, are they even recharging at all when in an STF?

Needless to say, the console is back off my ship, and it seems to have returned to normal. But I REALLY want to be able to make use of that console. Is anyone else having the same problem still?
  • gilgalad195gilgalad195 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I tried the dismissing trick and followed it to the letter.

It fixed the issue with me not being able to purchase Romulan Hangars. I did some extensive testing by running the Mirror Invasion STF about ten times in a row when it was up. Didn't blow up but came close a few times. As soon as a few ships started firing on me the ship felt like it was made of paper, just like before.

I also ran some elite ITC. Promptly died 3 times in ITC which I haven't done since I got the ship. I wish it was bad luck but it wasn't. I parsed the damage and it only shows me getting nailed by the invisible torpedo once, not three times. The ship just melted.

I have since ran many more STFs and several more elite ITCs and it seems random just as before. Sometimes the ship stands up to punishment and sometimes it melts.

I also found it interesting that the icon bug on the left side of the character page that turns your BOFs to ships went away after the initial fix with the dismissal, restart, purchase and setup but as soon as I beamed up into space and came back down it was messed up again.

My experience has been almost identical to this. Right down to the hanger problem. Glad I got my Advanced Drones finally though.

Are you using the Cloaked Barrage console? I can't speak for any of the others because I only bought the Scimitar, but if you use cloaked barrage at all in an encounter, you're screwed. Take it off till they fix it.

I have no idea why my bridge officers are showing up as ships.
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The one thing iv noticed is my defense/eng/bal power levels seem strangely low.

On my KDF character in a Fleet Negh'var power levels = 125/100 94/55 61/30 56/15
    But with this squishietar its 125/100 60/30 42/15 38/15

Both my kdf and romulan characters have basically the same builds, traits,rep, and gear but the power levels for def/eng/balance seem extremely low compared to the kdf character
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

On my KDF character in a Fleet Negh'var power levels = 125/100 94/55 61/30 56/15

Both my kdf and romulan characters have basically the same builds, traits,rep, and gear but the power levels for def/eng/balance seem extremely low compared to the kdf character

What build have you got!? :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

Cryptic basically decided that because Romulans get the singularity drive and battle cloak, no nevermind that KDF also gets battle cloak, we get -10 to all sub systems.

Their logic was that the Singularity Core is so overpowered with it's many useful abilities that they must disable it completely for a minute on top of that.

The reality is that you must use an Overcharged Singularity Core to offset some of this where you get 5-15 sub system power based on the level of the singularity core charge. If you happen to use that charge up with an ability poof it goes. No nevermind that half the abilities are completely useless even on NPCs and if you do use an ability the core is disabled for a minute rendering any bonuses useless. If you don't use it the charge sips away. As a final insult the charge gets practically sucked out of the core when in Full Impulse.

Needless to say I run my Overcharged core to max and never use any abilities unless I absolutely have to and since the Scim is bugged if I do have to reach for that button I'm already dead.

So how do I feel about getting a measly 5 point boost to a single sub system only when fully charged compared to the 40 point sub system loss? Gimped.

Like so many other problems with the Romulan ships you have to compensate for the lack of sub system power which results in less shield resists, turn rate, firepower etc. That means constantly going in and out of Cloak and not lingering in a fight. It requires a completely different style of play. You are essentially a BoP and should play like one. The problem is most of the Romulan ships handle like a tub.

However the Scimitar due to its massive inertia plays well into this in one aspect. A tactic that you will need to learn and use to survive is what I like to call Skin Dancing. Yes I ripped that off from Babylon 5, sue me. The term is fitting. That's only really required if you use cannons due to their optimal damage being under 5k.

The basic concept is the Scimitar's inertia will carry it long after you cut the engines. To make it turn incredibly quickly you must be cloaked at first. You get near your target say within 10k. You apply your various buffs as normal but then you aim parallel with the ship or group of ships and hit Full Impulse. Disengage Full Impulse after a second (NOTE: Do not turn off Full Impulse or you will stop dead), cut the engines and decloak. With the passive Ambush buff you now have 13-23 seconds (depending on number of Reman BOFs) to aim precisely where you want as you slide along the original direction you were aiming. Open Fire. If you do it just right you should be sliding past that borg cube or group of ships raking them with fire at nearly point blank range. If you are using cannons this is devastating.

So yeah back to sub systems... we get hosed.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What build have you got!? :eek:

I'll need to spend some time on STO academy and post them.

The only difference between the two characters is one has points in flow cap(Rom) and the other has them in particle gen(KDF) So i cant see why my powers are so much lower on the schim.

And even with -10 to all sub systems its still to low.
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll need to spend some time on STO academy and post them.

The only difference between the two characters is one has points in flow cap(Rom) and the other has them in particle gen(KDF) So i cant see why my powers are so much lower on the schim.

And even with -10 to all sub systems its still to low.

Again, its not the ship people..its your gear, skill build, etc.

Plasmonic leech with a few points in flow cap solves the power level issues on rommie ship, period.

I would hate to see alot of these players' skill builds, makes me cringe thinking about how bad they probably are.

Scimitar is perfect the way it is, it is not bugged. I pop JHAS's like popcorn in 1 vs 1. Comes down to L2P better.
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it in the last few days, but Cloaked Barrage is definitely still bugged. I put it back on my ship yesterday, and tried it in a patrol. After defeating the enemies, I stayed in system for a while to collect a radiation report. Roughly 2 minutes later, my shields were still not recharged. No damage to my ship, no reason for my shields to heal that slowly. Let me be clear, they were healing, just VERY slowly, and this was out of combat. If the out of combat recharge is that slow when someone has used Cloaked Barrage once in the instance, are they even recharging at all when in an STF?

Needless to say, the console is back off my ship, and it seems to have returned to normal. But I REALLY want to be able to make use of that console. Is anyone else having the same problem still?

It is NOT bugged. i use this ability constantly..in pvp and pve. I was able to destroy an oddessy in pvp 1 vs 1 while under cloaked barrage in the 15 seconds window, the ship is a beast, and nothing is wrong it. Get better gear and l2p :P
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    It is NOT bugged. i use this ability constantly..in pvp and pve. I was able to destroy an oddessy in pvp 1 vs 1 while under cloaked barrage in the 15 seconds window, the ship is a beast, and nothing is wrong it. Get better gear and l2p :P

Out of everything you posted in the threads your only valid point is the leech and putting points in FlowCap. Your constructive points end there.

I use leech and have 6 points in Flow Cap. My Adapted Destroyer is much more survivable even when I didn't care what I put skill points in. With the Scimitar I very carefully picked out skills and consoles to use.

You keep hammering the threads with L2P based solely on the fact that the issues others experience is not one you share. At this point it's either arrogance, naivety or downright trolling. I'm not sure which is worse.

Do yourself a favor and just move on.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.