test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar bugged?

Comments

• toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rofl, didn't the Enterprise A have the same problems at the end of Star Trek IV? Scotty was real upset in V about the monkeys that assembled it. I guess the same engineering firm that built the A built some of these Scimitars. I suggest a class action lawsuit for the defective craftsmanship and loss of lives these quality control failures have caused. Such waste. The death toll must be unimaginable. So many poor Romulans losing their lives because someone didn't want to pay for premium force-field generators, good Singularity core containment, and better inertial dampeners. This is the gorram Event Horizon all over again!

Lol my Scimitar is called EVENT-HORIZON...

Some of you are not seeing the bugs with damage spikes others are.... BUT, this is effectively three ships, is just one of the variants bugged?

I use the falcion variant with full set bonus and i get the bug with shields not charging, hull taking massive damage without shield being effected, DOT on hull with nothing to cause it. And massive damage spikes
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol my Scimitar is called EVENT-HORIZON...

Some of you are not seeing the bugs with damage spikes others are.... BUT, this is effectively three ships, is just one of the variants bugged?

I use the falcion variant with full set bonus and i get the bug with shields not charging, hull taking massive damage without shield being effected, DOT on hull with nothing to cause it. And massive damage spikes

Pretty sure it's Warbirds in general that have the "massive damage without shields being affected" bug. I fly a fleet Mogai and have the same issue, where my shields will be full and my hull drops to 10-15% or so... as well as the odd "full hull, take 26K damage critical, explode when you should still have 40-50% hull" bug. I also had a fleetmate spot a Scimitar in action that maintained the decloak damage bonus permanently, even when remaining cloaked. Definitely some strange things afoot at the Circle K...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Your attacks are all kinetic based with an emphasis on bleedthrough, they can be easily dodged if the recipient knows what they are doing.

If the said build has very high damage resistance, which implies it's not based on Shield Power, then such resistance can be achieved with very high Aux to certain skills such as Polarize Hull 3. More to the point, the said captain can max out both hull plating and armor skill points, + 2 Neutronium alloy Mk Xii purple + other resist boosting abilities. More importantly, PH3 at max Aux power creates an astronomical damage resistance in addition to the already strong innate damage resist.

So it's possible to have such highly resistant build, tough to kill. The downside of such tank is that its attack would be weaker as well. Just because he is using the tact version doesn't mean all 5 consoles are filled with tact consoles. Instead, the choice of which Schim should be guided by which + power you want? For me weapon power is a waste, so the tact version makes no sense.

In order to kill this kind of tank, assuming no hack is used, you need a series of high burst damage as opposed to sustained DPS in a very short period of time. This is tough to do for a T'Varo. Next time, if you want to destroy him, get yourself a Nukara Web mine, have DPB3 + APO1. Sensor Scanne with maximum Aux, find a way to immobilize him like Graviton Pulse, decloaked Alpha with DPB3 with Nukara Mines.

1) Sensored Scan, right out of cloak, aux = 125
    2) Fire Anti-Matter Spread
    3) Tractor him, fire Gravition Pulse
    4) Subnuke to remove any buffs such as Polarize Hull or APO
    5) Activate TT, APO, DPB3 with Nukara Web Mines and everything else you got such as any Torpedo Spreads and/or Cluster Torp
    6) Watch him implode with 24K X 8 = 192K in base damage, without even any Crit

2 words, singularity jump.

If the pilot is competant he will jump the second he is snared
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been replying to discussions about these potential issues in another thread. Here's the latest update:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11253401&postcount=58

We're still looking into these reports further and gathering data. Thanks for your patience and the reports.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been replying to discussions about these potential issues in another thread. Here's the latest update:

We're still looking into these reports further and gathering data. Thanks for your patience and the reports.

Archon! You are awesome.. Thank you :):) .. i hope what we report is of value in resolving the issues, and I appreciate your attention to the problems we are experiencing..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013

*crosses fingers* Here's to hoping it's resolved soon. It's an awesome ship when it works but trying to predict when your shield will turn to paper is near impossible it's got me totally baffled. I've had full shields , double shields on , reverse polarity and every buff I can think of at the same time and I still die in like 3 seconds it's kind of embarrassing to die that quickly.:o
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
    edited July 2013
    And one favor to ask too please?? Could you folks PLEASE make the thaleron cloud more transparent?? Its so thick no one can see anything and a lot of players have taken to pushing the target out of harms way when they see the thaleron charge up just to keep from having to deal with the cloud..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    And one favor to ask too please?? Could you folks PLEASE make the thaleron cloud more transparent?? Its so thick no one can see anything and a lot of players have taken to pushing the target out of harms way when they see the thaleron charge up just to keep from having to deal with the cloud..
    Now, here's a good thing about playing on an old computer. I have my settings lowered so I wasn't even aware there was a thalaron cloud! All I see are a sort of green waves as the wings move to fire, and then that's it. I had no idea I was causing trouble to other people.
    edited July 2013
    Now, here's a good thing about playing on an old computer. I have my settings lowered so I wasn't even aware there was a thalaron cloud! All I see are a sort of green waves as the wings move to fire, and then that's it. I had no idea I was causing trouble to other people.

the worst clouds happen when you die.. if you dont die a lot or near anyone else, your fine..Me?? gates love to eat me, cubes love to eat me and donatra has a very special place in her heart for me.. Sometimes i'm near people, sometimes i'm not..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the worst clouds happen when you die.. if you dont die a lot or near anyone else, your fine..Me?? gates love to eat me, cubes love to eat me and donatra has a very special place in her heart for me.. Sometimes i'm near people, sometimes i'm not..

It is pretty easy to Not Die in a Scimitar... Play it more like a BoP and less like a Cruiser and you will destroy the ever loving Tribble out of everything and rarely even be able to be shot at. (Assuming you are running the full set anyway.) Also using tanking buffs and secondary shielding before Thalaron Pulse helps a lot.
    edited July 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    It is pretty easy to Not Die in a Scimitar... Play it more like a BoP and less like a Cruiser and you will destroy the ever loving Tribble out of everything and rarely even be able to be shot at. (Assuming you are running the full set anyway.) Also using tanking buffs and secondary shielding before Thalaron Pulse helps a lot.

yeahh.. Most things dont bother me too much.. they'll knock me down but i hit EPTS, TT1, Secondary shields and science team 1 and it comes back up fairly decently.. But its the one shots and Donatras keen sense of having me in the middle of her weapons firing cone. I dont think theres anything that can help out with those..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • rcdriver91rcdriver91 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only reason why the Scimi feels that squischy is because her subsystem power is too low, if you swap your energy to shields, it becomes pretty tanky ;)

I'd say a buff , increasing the Scimis subenergy by 10-20 ( maybe 15?) would fix the problem
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Reason it feels squishy is cause of that shuttle bug, go read the gameplay bug forum. I dismissed my shuttle and the ship started preforming like my other ships. Once the other bugs gets ironed out will be a truely fine ship.
    edited July 2013
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Reason it feels squishy is cause of that shuttle bug, go read the gameplay bug forum. I dismissed my shuttle and the ship started preforming like my other ships. Once the other bugs gets ironed out will be a truely fine ship.

this bug didnt apply for me o n 5 different characters and nobody of my friends had the same problem ... ;)
    If it really rexcists its a random thnig

Ninjaedit:
    Let me explain why the lack of shield power makes it that squischy , most likely with the low shield power you have:
    -less resistances
    -less reg
    -less survalbility
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rcdriver91 wrote: »
    this bug didnt apply for me o n 5 different characters and nobody of my friends had the same problem ... ;)
    If it really rexcists its a random thnig

Ninjaedit:
    Let me explain why the lack of shield power makes it that squischy , most likely with the low shield power you have:
    -less resistances
    -less reg
    -less survalbility

This man is right. Your shield power is directly related to how much damage resistance your shield has. The amount of people that still dont realise this is astounding.

You need to milk all the power you can from that ship to have decent shield power. The energy weapon and torp shield power doffs, the new fleet advanced sing cores, EPTS x 2, all the tricks to keep shield power high. If you dont, then your shields will be weak. No matter what you do, if you run the 3 special consoles you will always be weak, but thats when you use the cloaking to take the edge off it. Its not a ship to just sit there reversing and firing cannons thinking you are awesome. This ship actually needs skill to work properly.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeahh.. Most things dont bother me too much.. they'll knock me down but i hit EPTS, TT1, Secondary shields and science team 1 and it comes back up fairly decently.. But its the one shots and Donatras keen sense of having me in the middle of her weapons firing cone. I dont think theres anything that can help out with those..

That is why with Donatra I make it is a very serious habit to have either Evasive Maneuvers or Deterium Surplus ready to get me out of the way when she goes for her pulse.
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Reduce weapon power a touch, add a bit to aux power for your eng heals. Use aux, then shield, then weapon batteries in that order. Also use a plasmonic leech. Et voila, high shield, aux and weapon power levels, along with hull heals for when your shield leak like a sieve.

Not a fix, but certainly a workaround.

Ven
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jtoney3448 wrote: »

Uhmmm no, my tooltips are fine, and most of the time the ship plays fine, but for some reason random warp core breach will do insane damage or just flat out destroy my ship.

With 32% kinetic resist a cube exploding 5km away is going through my shields(they show as up even after the warp core breach) and taking 40% of my 52k hull.

DO NOT BUY THIS SHIP!!!
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Scimitar needs a lot of fixing! No shield regeneration, it looses its crew pretty easily, no damage resistance (even with neutronium), Thalaron is supposed to be a fatal thing so please give it a bit of a boost. I dont want my Scimitar to be made out of solid neutronium, but i dont want it to be made out of plastic either!! So until its fixed, I will return to my Fleet Valdore!
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
    edited July 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s44nSzxL3jA&feature=youtu.be

Scimitar can tank quite good for a ship with that huge amount of dps ....
  • variise1984variise1984 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Found another bug.

I fought the last Tarantula on the Vault mission and the Thalaron Pulse fired and did nothing. Not no damage, it did nothing. let me explain how it played out.

I engage the Tarantula with normal weapons. It uses an ability on me to teleport me in front of him where he remains the whole time at around 3-5km and starts to power up it's main weapon to trap and crush me. First time I ever seen that so I didn't get out of the way.

Before the Tarantula had time to enable it's web I enabled the Thalaron Pulse. I get webed and crushed but survive with about 32% health. The web wears off a few moments before the Thalaron weapon fires. Nothing happens. I get a warp core breech and blow up.

Logs (separated for easier reading):

Tholian Tarantula's Tholian Web Cannon dealt 4240 (22594) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 24973 (51417) Physical Damage to you with Tholian Web Cannon.
    Your Disruptor Turret dealt 602 (686) shield damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 76 (762) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret dealt 343 (391) shield damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 43 (435) Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 574 (621) Physical Damage to you with Tholian Web Cannon.
    Tholian Recluse's Tholian Thermionic Torpedo dealt 719 (3127) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Recluse deals 165 (4273) Kinetic Damage to you with Tholian Thermionic Torpedo.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 574 (621) Physical Damage to you with Tholian Web Cannon.
    [CombatAlert] Captain, our hull is at 50%!

Tholian Tarantula's Tetryon Array dealt 677 (585) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 31 (1000) Tetryon Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Tholian Tarantula's Tetryon Array dealt 615 (531) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 28 (908) Tetryon Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Tholian Tarantula's Tetryon Array dealt 659 (569) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 30 (974) Tetryon Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 0 Physical Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Tholian Tarantula's Dual Tetryon Banks dealt 764 (660) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 35 (1129) Tetryon Damage to you with Dual Tetryon Banks.
    [CombatAlert] Captain, our forward shield is down!

Tholian Tarantula's Tetryon Array dealt 691 (597) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 31 (1020) Tetryon Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Tholian Tarantula's Dual Tetryon Banks dealt 893 (771) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 41 (1318) Tetryon Damage to you with Dual Tetryon Banks.
    Tholian Tarantula's Tetryon Array dealt 93 (80) shield damage to you.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 478 (906) Tetryon Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 803 (1304) Tetryon Damage to you with Dual Tetryon Banks.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 857 (1392) Tetryon Damage to you with Dual Tetryon Banks.
    [CombatAlert] Captain, our hull is at 25%!

Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 1602 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 587 (953) Tetryon Damage to you with Tetryon Array.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 1541 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    [CombatAlert] Captain, our enemy's facing shields are down!

Your Disruptor Turret dealt 323 (369) shield damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons dealt 1125 (1288) shield damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 53 (422) Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 184 (1472) Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 1741 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Photon Torpedo deals 5160 Kinetic Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 1608 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 376 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 7601 (9868) Kinetic Damage to you with Tholian Thermionic Torpedo - Spread I.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 443 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 1461 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 3199 Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Tarantula.
    Tholian Tarantula deals 6594 (8560) Kinetic Damage to you with Tholian Thermionic Torpedo - Spread I.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 385 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.

Your Singularity Core Breach dealt 948 (4407) shield damage to Mogai Heavy Warbird.
    Your Singularity Core Breach deals 490 (4897) Kinetic Damage to Mogai Heavy Warbird.
    Your Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons deals 1237 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 740 Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 287 Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret dealt 214 (244) shield damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Disruptor Turret deals 27 (272) Disruptor Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Photon Torpedo dealt 986 (4484) shield damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Photon Torpedo deals 498 (4982) Kinetic Damage to Tholian Tarantula.
    Your Singularity Core Breach dealt 2364 (10994) shield damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
    Your Singularity Core Breach deals 1222 (12215) Kinetic Damage to D'deridex Battlecruiser.
    Your Singularity Core Breach dealt 2056 (9562) shield damage to Mogai Heavy Warbird.
    Your Singularity Core Breach deals 1062 (10624) Kinetic Damage to Mogai Heavy Warbird.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s44nSzxL3jA&feature=youtu.be

Scimitar can tank quite good for a ship with that huge amount of dps ....

What's that video supposed to show? How you troll yourself? Max power to shields, tank build, 40 or so weapon power, firing 2 turrets while just running and healing... yup i can see a real tank with real dps... :D

Please make a video like that from CEE or ESTF, i bet the tac cube will upload the video named Troll-killing a squi****ar....
    edited July 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    That is why with Donatra I make it is a very serious habit to have either Evasive Maneuvers or Deterium Surplus ready to get me out of the way when she goes for her pulse.

heheh. Yeahh, same here, and full impulse too if i can get it.. Still, sometimes she'll catch me with my pants down.. I just get annoyed that its always Me shes got in her cross hairs.. I guess i should feel honored. I pose the biggest threat, or at least the most troublesome one.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • variise1984variise1984 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another issue and I'm not sure if this is a bug or it just needs to be buffed but the base damage for Thalaron Pulse even when speced for it and at 120 AUX with at least some PG items is still only around 40K. I admit I did see a 62k mouse over once when I first started testing it but haven't seen that since and I haven't changed squat. I regularly see hits between zero to 40k+ depending on how close the enemy is to the pulse. It tends to do base damage if the target is within 5k. At around 7k it's half that and at 9k or so it does virtually nothing.

This ability is by far the most crippling to the player using it of any other that I have seen. It requires that you spec for it (PG), use leech, red matter (or adjust power from weapons to auxiliary), use space sets that buff Aux/PG or buff another stat hard enough so you can adjust power away from it to Aux, equip a BOF that has Emergency Power to Auxiliary (preferably rank II) and then time everything just right so the various buffs and attack patterns don't wear out before the thing fires. And it disables your ability to defend yourself virtually mandating that you blow the secondary shields before using the Pulse every time.

Compare that to any other end game ship and it's absolutely ridiculous. If it did 10x the damage it does now it would be worth it. It does not, nor will it. If we are lucky we might see a slight adjustment in damage but not enough to ever make this thing useful.

This requires way more testing but so far it's not worth it to equip all 3 consoles. You are way better off using almost any other console and you will be far more effective.

Considering that I waited since release to play a Reman piloting a Scimitar I'm very disappointed.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • raptorsdsraptorsds Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Infiziert 1 hit by gate 34000 hit and lose 90% of my hull

thats not normal

Kithomer

1st hit gate 24000(maybe +3000-5000 more) lose 80%

heal back to 100 %

2nd hit gate 27000 lose about 70 %
    edited July 2013
    Yesterday, I watched a guy vaporize a Tac cube. no, he didnt blow it up, he hit it with one shot and vaporized it. Obviously he wasnt using the thaleron cannon. I was so stunned i dont even remember if it was a scimitar or not.
    Comparitively, my thaleron cannon deals about 40 - 47K of damage with everything being funneled to aux and tac, and i can drop a tac cube from 99% to 94% in one burst. Thats a hell of a long way from vaporizing a tac cube. I'd love to theorize on why they made it so weak, and yell and scream and jump up and down in anger like rumplestiltskin but that wouldnt help anything.. As it is, the ship is a wonderful ship. it simply has a major case of anemia just like most romulan ships. I dont know why it was made so anemic. I dont know why it didnt come with a full custom interior like the Oddy , Vesta and bortus did. I dont know why romulans are not allowed to be a full faction. I know they are at least working on the anemia. I'm getting tired of throwing rocks in a shooting war.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    edited July 2013
    raptorsds wrote: »
    Infiziert 1 hit by gate 34000 hit and lose 90% of my hull

thats not normal

No, its not and it happens to all of us all the time.. I'm running almost 9K of shields and 54K of hull, and i get one shot by gates all the time. It doesnt happen in my Bort (55K hull ) it doesnt happen in my armitage ( 57K hull ) and it doesnt happen in my Vo'Quv ( 47K hull )But it happens in my Mogai, My refit D'Dex, and my Scimitar. I must admit it really pisses me off, but worse, I dont have any solution to the problem.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    edited July 2013
    pissycuta wrote: »
    What's that video supposed to show? How you troll yourself? Max power to shields, tank build, 40 or so weapon power, firing 2 turrets while just running and healing... yup i can see a real tank with real dps... :D

Please make a video like that from CEE or ESTF, i bet the tac cube will upload the video named Troll-killing a squi****ar....

People here said that a Scimi can't tank anything this is just a prove that this is wrong, i just put full pwoer to shields when i got shot by escorts and tanked them for the video, so far i killed 2 people before i hit fraps ;)

And yes the same layout works perfect on ESTF, if you want to i make another video of it lol
    edited July 2013
    People here said that a Scimi can't tank anything this is just a prove that this is wrong, i just put full pwoer to shields when i got shot by escorts and tanked them for the video, so far i killed 2 people before i hit fraps ;)

And yes the same layout works perfect on ESTF, if you want to i make another video of it lol

Please, by all means do. For those of us that run ten to fifteen estf's a day seven days a week, it should be quite, educational..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Please, by all means do. For those of us that run ten to fifteen estf's a day seven days a week, it should be quite, educational..

WEll even when i do know that you are probably very sarcastic ... will do ;)
This discussion has been closed.