Install Arc
Options

Premade cheese

Comments

• Options
    abanator0abanator0 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as7ray wrote: »
    Sounds like a Panda's or TRIBBLE team take your pick.
    I have no sympathy for teams that complain about others when they do the same thing but in a different form.
    true say!
    lexsan82 wrote: »
    Your Internet tears sustain me. Nomnomnom.
    you're prolly fat by now...
    havam wrote: »
    ...got rofl stomped by a premade....they didn't use the ideal set up or my fleets rules..... pandas are sad

sry praxis no love here either. Kettle calling the pottie black n all.
    here here!

praxi5 wrote: »
    Guys, let's try and avoid actually naming fleets. That's against the rules and won't be good for anything.

against the rules? naming fleets? when did you grow a conscience about rules panda? take a step back and take a look at the name of your thread and what it is about. it's time for you and binary friends to Nanana hey hey good bye!
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its bad enough queuing for 20 minutes, only to go in and find a premade. Then you get this as well, a team that isn't that good but just uses the full (and I hate this term) P2W setup, they weren't even good, they just spammed and used broken and known OP stuff.
    thats not bad and I learnt to live with it.I tell you whats bad....premde with cheese that calls people nOObs ,even when half of your team left the map .
    as7ray wrote: »
    Sounds like a Panda's or TRIBBLE team take your pick.
    I have no sympathy for teams that complain about others when they do the same thing but in a different form.

the amount of b!tching about pandas in this game is more annoying than any premade with TIF and EWP not being displayed.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is why I only fly with friends or OPvPers. You take a big chance when queuing alone. I paid my dues many times over by pugging. Now I play to have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    keyboalpha2keyboalpha2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    This is why I only fly with friends or OPvPers. You take a big chance when queuing alone. I paid my dues many times over by pugging. Now I play to have fun.

The problem is, that in the mentioned match (I had to experience the same as the poster did 2 days ago - I couldn't fly or shoot 80 % of the match) you have no chance to win in a gentlemen/sportsmen style, at least I don't know how. For balancing such a match situation you have to use the same broken stuff = cheese team versus cheese team = no fun at all.

So as I prefer the "honest fun-style": if something similar will happen again I will likely find my "warp out-button", although I really hate doing so.
    Umbra Venator
    (www.umbravenator.webs.com
    )
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    History repeating itself?
    Complaining about too many Gravity Wells, too many Science ships, etc, is how science got nerfed to begin with in STO so many years back.
    Just saying.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    maximus614maximus614 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's poopy when you've got 10+ photonic fleet ships to deal with.

i dealt with one lastnight also, premade, i was in a pug, although a sad panda was on my team, i think we got 1-2 kills maybe, you couldnt touch any of them, and got spammed to death with everything, ive also noticed some pre-mades using mass amounts of tractor mines, literally 3 or more ships laying them at once.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vegie0 wrote: »
    Well said. It for me is hard to ignore getting rofl stomped by a premade since it leaves me feeling weak in the game. Now yes it is my Internet Ego that takes a hit. But one thing would solve all of these problems... A PvP revamp allowing for a Team Queue, and a Pug Queue. Then Premades can not ensure they will group up, so they can not stack their abilites to do that :D.

This, i have been saying this for months,,,make a pug arena queue for all types,,fvsf,,,fvsk ect ect...then a team/premade one for the same, problem solved. Im so sick of going to the arena in a pug where practically nobody speaks, rarely a target caller, against a premade who all use mics, call offensive and defensive targets, and cheese spam you to hell and back and lose 15-1. I would go premade but most of my fleet is not into pvp like me, and i lost my keybind for target calling as well, i cant remember how to get it back,
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it was the kitchen sink bouncing off my bulkhead that caught my eye.

Only thing more demoralizing is being part of a team that is overcritical and team leaders yelling commands and insults at everyone. I recently had that happen to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think it was the kitchen sink bouncing off my bulkhead that caught my eye.

meh i got hit with the toilet.
  • Options
    keyboalpha2keyboalpha2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be awesome to have something like an official black list of "no-fun" stuff in pvp like no scramble sensors in combination with scramble doffs, limited number of debuff doffs and so on. I know that, if someone started a thread to find a consensus, the discussion would almost never end :rolleyes:. However, it would be great to have such a list.
    Umbra Venator
    (www.umbravenator.webs.com
    )
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    QQ is strong with this one. Victory is life!
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know who they are and yes, they are very frustrasting.

I tried to tell them to do a private challenge under some restrictive rules, but they said no... who knows :rolleyes:... eheheh
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nandospc wrote: »
    I know who they are and yes, they are very frustrasting.

I tried to tell them to do a private challenge under some restrictive rules, but they said no... who knows :rolleyes:... eheheh

*ding ding ding* we have a winner. Making pre-match arrangements and fighting it out in the chatbox of the challenge match is the way to go. You can't face them as is, feel free to leave the challenge. They don't want to play by your rules, well at least you gave the queues a break.

How many more attempts at creating fair and unbiased rules, that try to fix the unbalanced mess that cryptic releases do we have to go through? It's impossible, too much stuff is too broken. Gecko has given up, maybe its time pvp'ers do the same?

I mean 30min long chat box fights are FUN, and then the whole fun of switching gear doffs, and what not around to comply with the rules...moooaaaar FUN,..can't wait for pvp rep to add even mooooaaaar FUN on top of that. All these intricate minigames just add to the pvp experience in STO /sarcasm
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    This is what you get when you have lots of boys who should be out playing with girls but instead are stuck at home playing with internet toys.
  • Options
    chemist6lpchemist6lp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

There's no exploit with that, it's perfectly legitimate.

A while back, it wasn't uncommon to see 5-man Cruiser teams spamming FAW with Extends all around. Aux to Batt just makes it all the easier now.

Thanks for the heads-up anyway.
    Science for the win. / Czechoslovak Fleet 1st Division
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be awesome to have something like an official black list of "no-fun" stuff in pvp...

+1, some stuff can be considered op by some players and normal by others
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just went against a premade (who shall remain unnamed, there's no point in naming and shaming) who used every sort of cheese possible.

[*]Tac + Disperal buffed Nukara Mines

Incorrect said team member was in Malta for 2 weeks... doesn't have nukura yet :P Additionally multiple GW's is a bit OP no? This is a losing argument, you have spam we have spam. Gotta deal mate. It's Cryptics problem to fix this not the players.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem is with the items, not with the trinity or whatever.

This thread is pretty good example why I dont do end-game PVP
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sboslayer wrote: »
    Incorrect said team member was in Malta for 2 weeks... doesn't have nukura yet :P Additionally multiple GW's is a bit OP no? This is a losing argument, you have spam we have spam. Gotta deal mate. It's Cryptics problem to fix this not the players.

Uh-huh. Attitudes like this are the reason why the queues don't exactly pop easily. Granted, Cryptic could do a lot better. However, they don't, so we have to patch things up. Otherwise, it would just be an endless spiral of powercreep and cheese. Even if it's Cryptic's duty, if it is within your power to make things better, why not take the necessary steps?

Anyways, if I encounter something to this degree, I'd just warp out. It would be a waste of time to stay in the match and serve as nothing more than a targeting doll.
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sboslayer wrote: »

Um, I was there!
    It was a normal public queue, not a preset match.
    They were just there doing that thing some of these fleets do so well, pug stomp.
    Then people wonder why PvP isn't popular.

Some of us mere mortals do or at least try and do PvP for a bit of dil, some ECs but more importantly, a bit of fun.

I'll also mention, this 'team' is so bad that even a part premade from another well known fleet with some good players saw them and upped sticks and warped out.
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013
    If I were pugging, ran into a team like that, and they couldn't even make the match a 15-0 it would be pretty hard for me not to say something mean to them.

If you run that much cheese and multiple copies of two of the three unarguable I-win buttons in the game yet you can't even accomplish a 15-0 against pugs, well, you suck. Not a little bit either, you suck a lot.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just went against a premade (who shall remain unnamed, there's no point in naming and shaming) who used every sort of cheese possible.

I'm talking about:
    • 4 Sci Captains + 1 Tac
    • 4 Wells + 1 Bug
    • Tac + Disperal buffed Nukara Mines
    • Multiple Thetas
    • Multiple Temporal Inversion Fields
    • Multiple Graviton Gens (each at 25+ seconds)
    • Multiple AMS
    • Scramble with BOff

It was just silly. If you need a full premade chock full of P2W to be any decent, you may need to re-think your strategy. Especially when it's not even a clean 15-0.

That's not fun for anyone.

Someone once asked why I don't PvP and this thread is the answer. Aside from the Graviton Gens and potentially the Temporal Inversion Fields (not experienced enough with them to comment properly) I see nothing wrong at all with this setup. In-fact it does excite me just a twinge to theorycraft a good counter team setup that would excel against them while still holding their own overall.

But no, the established community loves the meta concept of having designated healers and then trying to time out nukes to create a gap and burn. The developer also shows no signs of either balancing some of the stupidly OP things (GGs) nor ensuring their is enough powerful 'low hanging fruit' items and gears available for the average player to acquire them and put up a good fight.

To counter that enemy setup I would likely try using a team based around tractor beam re-pulsars, subspace jumps, and other forms of location disruption and control. The idea would be to scatter the enemy team as much as possible (not to mention free mine killings) and then to pounce on a single one. Probably sticking with boats that can launch denoobs and being sure to bring Chrono mines to the party for giggles. Another option would be to stick with a core of 2-3 ships that could tank literally anything with the TBRs along with a cloaker or several to burst down any stragglers. So either a pair of vestas, a carrier, and pair of akiras, or a carrier and cruiser plus defiant and/or rommie ships.

Bah, why bother. Between the established meta, obviously broken P2W combo's and items, and barrier to entry I really don't care. I reaaaaly hate stale metas.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    edited. /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    Someone once asked why I don't PvP and this thread is the answer. Aside from the Graviton Gens and potentially the Temporal Inversion Fields (not experienced enough with them to comment properly) I see nothing wrong at all with this setup.

Most of the gripe probably falls very squarely onto GPG and TIF.

It's more the volume of items brought to bear.
    But no, the established community loves the meta concept of having designated healers and then trying to time out nukes to create a gap and burn.

I think you're seeing something different than what is being discussed here.

There is no "new meta" being promoted in that team comp, it's a lot of some of the worst offending consoles (that have been around for a while) all rolled into one ball that took 4 sci captains just to make sure you really never have a chance to do much.

Truth be told, team comps like that tend to hurt the teams that use them in the long run as well.

To counter that enemy setup....

Bah, why bother. Between the established meta, obviously broken P2W combo's and items, and barrier to entry I really don't care. I reaaaaly hate stale metas.

Keep in mind that this is the realm of PUG queue. You have 0 control over what your team is going to look like, what powers, captain types and ships may or may not be available.

On the other hand I fully encourage you to try and make that counter team of yours with some friends and have a shot at the queues.

Really though, if this thread is anything it's an indication of just how difficult it is to get a clear consensus on each and every specific power/item that's available.

bareel wrote:
    I reaaaaly hate stale metas.

If that's true how can you possibly stand to play this game's PvE? ;)
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or...when a Recluse carrier with Danube pets complains about Elite Interceptors. Priceless. Reminds me of *mine (tractor beam) is bigger!

I would like to see that certain team (that u guys talk about) que for FvK.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Life would be a lot better if preemades or teams of 4 went into separate queues than pugs. Follow that with some implicitly ranking/matchmaking system and all of the gripes people have about cheesy teams would evaporate.

As much as some of the cheese sticks, pretending that this game is better with lolron league style rules is foolish.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see that certain team (that u guys talk about) que for FvK.

They're on there now. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the record, I don't mind teams throwing out multiple GWs. I didn't even mention GW anywhere in the OP. It's frustrating, yes, but it's a totally legitimate tactic. (Besides, frustrating the other players is what Sci is for :p) My issue stems from using multiple GWs and/or other Sci stuff in combination with broken P2W to make it even more broken. Trying to escape 2-3 GWs is one thing, but then trying to escape when you've got Theta and TIF on you is just... ugh.

If I hated multiple GWs, I wouldn't be running with a GW and purple Aftershock DOff myself :p
    abanator0 wrote: »
    against the rules? naming fleets? when did you grow a conscience about rules panda? take a step back and take a look at the name of your thread and what it is about. it's time for you and binary friends to Nanana hey hey good bye!

I've always tried to avoid calling specific people out (unless it's necessary).

This thread is about calling attention to premades using cheese, and how it's not really fun for anyone.

I'm also failing to see what you mean by implying that I don't follow the rules. :confused:
    edalgo wrote: »
    Just because the opposite team had a make up that's not the typical team setup doesnt mean there was a foul or it was all cheese. Maybe they said looks there's praxis he's dangerous gang up on him. When pugging it if the other team identifies you as the sole threat well you're gonna have a tough time if they coordinate, especially against a premade.

I don't mind that they used 4 Scis and 1 Tac (maybe I should have made that more clear), but it was the ship combo and skills that was particularly aggravating. It would have been one thing to have 4 Scis and 1 Tac in a variety of ships, but using Scis specifically to get Temporal Inversion and other goodies is kinda poopy.

And for the record, they weren't only going after me, they went after everyone equally. Which, I should say, is very considerate as far as premades v pugs go. Give credit were credit is due :D
    maximus614 wrote: »
    i dealt with one lastnight also, premade, i was in a pug, although a sad panda was on my team, i think we got 1-2 kills maybe, you couldnt touch any of them, and got spammed to death with everything, ive also noticed some pre-mades using mass amounts of tractor mines, literally 3 or more ships laying them at once.

That was the match I was in, and that was the match I was talking about in the OP :P
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone once asked why I don't PvP and this thread is the answer. Aside from the Graviton Gens and potentially the Temporal Inversion Fields (not experienced enough with them to comment properly) I see nothing wrong at all with this setup. In-fact it does excite me just a twinge to theorycraft a good counter team setup that would excel against them while still holding their own overall.

I know exactly what you mean, and I like that myself - that's why I run a rather unconventional build centered around slows and bleedthrough, to counter the crazy shield regen and healing that's around. I love being able to dish out a ton of damage while still being able to support my team with Sci heals. Heck, my Rom Tac even acts as a ghetto healer in a fDhelan with 2x HE 1 + 2x TSS 2 and Aux to SIF :P

Your issue is just with the GravGens and TIF - I counter that by saying that AMS and Theta are a little crazy as well. Sure, they've got a bit lengthy CDs. But they combine multiple high level BOff abilities into one at the cost of simply 1 console slot. To me, the mentioned team combinations would be awesome to go against - if these skills cost them BOff abilities. Instead, teams can get the benefit of AoE slows/Scrambles and more while not having to sacrifice any BO skills.

I'm not the best at articulating, but do you see what I mean?