test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premade cheese

Comments

• masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will be looking forward to vape more of them soon :)

Tractor Beam mines listed as cheese now? I thought they sucked since the nerf...

It is not a myth that once an item gets buffed 75%> of the PvP community uses it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ah i like those threads :P

@the one creating this thread.....

once upon a time..there was a fleet called SOB...they were strong and were using 4 sci ships + 1 tac with all the cheese around....oh and you were in that premade :P

@ivan

beaming out against another team is always wrong imo and a way to say: we are giving up
    also notice that we queued up for fvk with 3 sci and 1 tac (3 tifs)..."luckily" our pug had a sci ship too and 1 tif....that makes it 4 tifs...but not 5 :)

and i gotta say i really like those teams that start trashtalking and bragging after they have beaten a random team of us...meaning no A-team...or no heals..or playing with 2-3 tacs and with some rather unexperienced spacers

i mean isn't that what you guys want?no premades?^^

but when it gets serious and we're on our Premade team...then they get their TRIBBLE handed back to them

we had a private match earlier against Sad Pandas with our 5 man setup and let me tell you one thing...it didn't go well for them :cool:

@snog

tell Tide i'm missing him..you fanboy lol

anyways back to topic.....

QUESTION: Why is no one complaining about Isometric Charge?
    that thing is so ridiculous...can one shot people with it...
    but apparently it's not considered cheese
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its really funny when I was on a KDF pugmade with only 1 sci and that fleet the above poster is in was using premade with 4 or 5 TIF, all of them also using AMS, SS doff, grav pulse, just about everything and they still died soemwhere around 5-7 times before winning. Maybe if they rely less on cheese they could be less annoying to play against but better in long run.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hahaha, I R QEW fanboy! ;)

Man, I just miss the old schoolers. :) I miss how alive the forums were back then and the drama.

Despite all the Q.Q we had back then about 30+ second SS3s etc, I think the game was better then than now. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    i think i need to teach you the difference between "premade" and "fleet team"..

if you see 5 players with the same Fleet tag doesn't mean it's a premade...

just look at this from ivan's post:
    Sadly for us we were fooling around with weird setups, and no sci ships, without a single CC

as he said..they were trying new stuff out and not on their premade setup...

so stop complaining...you should be happy instead when you get some kills in because that will defntly be a lot harder when meeting a full 5 man premade and not some random setup where everyone is just bringing some random ship :/

do you want us or pandas or the beautiful orions to clear the queues all the time with a 5 man premade setup?

the answer is obviously No...

I think the game was better then than now

^agreed :P
  • yomatofanyomatofan Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the game was better now in terms of mechanics than it ever was in the past. Science is not as powerful as it was which is good because some fleets like SOB just took advantage of the multiple sub-nuc and science builds which were available.

Everything in moderation and personally, this game would have been better if teams were split up into a more traditional MMO Format (1 Tank, 1 Healer, 3 DPS) especially if the Tank could get some "taunt" ability that would work on players as well. (This works on ToR very well, damage reduction to any ship that's attacked other then the tank.)

I'm pretty sure that SOB contributed to the reason to nerf Science in the first place because they were just taking advantage of it. Its better to have a mix of starships then have them all of the same career track and I'm personally glad SOB got the slap they needed.

Some of the people there have serious ego problems too...
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    do you want us or pandas or the beautiful orions to clear the queues all the time with a 5 man premade setup?

Hi. I'm not sure who you are or what fleet you're in (I'm not oldschool), but from the sound of it I'd love to arrange a premade vs. premade match against your fleet with either my Fed Fleet Nova Core or KDF fleet Hobos or both. I'm sure if you wanted to we could come up with some ground rules (or not) with Nova Core, but I'm not so certain we could do the same with Hobos :x Anyway, send me an in-game mail @DevolvedOne and hopefully we could set something up.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited July 2013

once upon a time..there was a fleet called SOB...they were strong and were using 4 sci ships + 1 tac with all the cheese around....oh and you were in that premade :P

Yeah, and that was the reason I left SOB.

Sure, it was somewhat of a gigglefest using 3 GW3s during matches within the fleet... but once I saw how bad it was in the queues and in premade matches, I left.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited July 2013

the answer is obviously No...

If you are suggesting your fleet can be compared skll-wise to Pandas (or even Hobos for that matter), well I hate to bring it to you, it is not the case.

Both fleets you mentioned are playing in different leagues. Any other claim I would categorise as an expression of sensory disorder.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited July 2013

@ivan

beaming out against another team is always wrong imo and a way to say: we are giving up
    also notice that we queued up for fvk with 3 sci and 1 tac (3 tifs)..."luckily" our pug had a sci ship too and 1 tif....that makes it 4 tifs...but not 5 :)

and i gotta say i really like those teams that start trashtalking and bragging after they have beaten a random team of us...meaning no A-team...or no heals..or playing with 2-3 tacs and with some rather unexperienced spacers

i mean isn't that what you guys want?no premades?^^

but when it gets serious and we're on our Premade team...then they get their TRIBBLE handed back to them

we had a private match earlier against Sad Pandas with our 5 man setup and let me tell you one thing...it didn't go well for them :cool:

@snog

tell Tide i'm missing him..you fanboy lol

anyways back to topic.....

QUESTION: Why is no one complaining about Isometric Charge?
    that thing is so ridiculous...can one shot people with it...
    but apparently it's not considered cheese

I'll just warp out thanks.
    You remove my entertainment value, I'll remove what I can of yours.
  • guaposguapos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Going through this thread, its obvious there's no consensus as to what is OP or unbalanced.

Every premade I've run into has used some ability, ship or setup which another player thinks is OP or "cheese".

We could save readers a lot of time, by summarising most posts in this thread with:

TL;DR: Your build is cheese, my build requires skill, QQ!
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013
    There are many things that are arguable, but TIF, GPG, and Siphon Drones are all pretty inexcusable to anyone with two brain cells to rub together. Load up multiple copies of any of these and you get a huge artificial boost to your team, load up multiple copies of two or more of these skills and you're just playing with God Mode on.

It's not really "cheese" per say, I see cheese as merely heavy CC and it's not something I take an issue with. That's why I was one of the defenders of Fister's play-style back in the day.

Nowadays we have a few items that are tantamount to dev-sponsored cheating. This isn't "cheese" in the same way that an aimbot isn't cheese. It's just cheap. If you need to abuse this stuff to win, you shouldn't be proud. In fact, you should feel embarrassed if a team that isn't abusing these broken items is still able to put up a good fight against you - if you're honest you know you'd lose, badly, without your crutch. And when that crutch is eventually taken away, as it always is, you'll realize it's gotten in the way of building actual skill.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    There are many things that are arguable, but TIF, GPG, and Siphon Drones are all pretty inexcusable to anyone with two brain cells to rub together. Load up multiple copies of any of these and you get a huge artificial boost to your team, load up multiple copies of two or more of these skills and you're just playing with God Mode on.

It's not really "cheese" per say, I see cheese as merely heavy CC and it's not something I take an issue with. That's why I was one of the defenders of Fister's play-style back in the day.

Nowadays we have a few items that are tantamount to dev-sponsored cheating. This isn't "cheese" in the same way that an aimbot isn't cheese. It's just cheap. If you need to abuse this stuff to win, you shouldn't be proud. In fact, you should feel embarrassed if a team that isn't abusing these broken items is still able to put up a good fight against you - if you're honest you know you'd lose, badly, without your crutch. And when that crutch is eventually taken away, as it always is, you'll realize it's gotten in the way of building actual skill.

But isn't the most important actual skill in this game being capable of finding such cheap things to abuse for your own gain? I mean I don't know about you but my favorite part of reading tribble patch notes is to find the next big cheap thing!

*Disclaimer: This post is half sarcasm*
  • as7rayas7ray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »

Honestly, Tif is a joke. 1 console and 2 weapons slots. Say the team use's 3 at a time, one shockwave knocks out 3, 4 minute abilities. It is cheese if you don't have a shockwave.

But we all know why Sad Pandas hate it...Throws off their bot timers. :eek:
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This really isn't anything new, just a different set of things to abuse. No worse than FaW ball, or even about a year ago and danubes chained tbs w/rolling phaser procs hitting multiple subsytems. Before than many players abused a shield regen exploit among other things. There's the good old original VM. The main change has been Cryptic makes $ off it now so the rate and magnitude of power creep has increased. The only time they seem to nerf anything is just before they release something they want to sell and there was some overlap.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    as7ray wrote: »

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, Tif is a joke. 1 console and 2 weapons slots. Say the team use's 3 at a time, one shockwave knocks out 3, 4 minute abilities. It is cheese if you don't have a shockwave.

3 at the same time? Wow thats a waste.

If you use p2w use it right.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    3 at the same time? Wow thats a waste.

If you use p2w use it right.

I like to GPG pets while facing away from the carrier.
    I enjoy randomly painting Theta as a background for action taking place in the distance.
    There's nothing like dropping a Mega Torp at the maximum distance from a target.
    I wait until I am scrambled to use AMS.
    Until I am scrambled, I sometimes forget that I even have Iso on the boat.
    There's just something about using PDS outside the range of a Cluster about to pop a teammate.

I agree...got to use stuff right. :)
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like to GPG pets while facing away from the carrier.
    I enjoy randomly painting Theta as a background for action taking place in the distance.
    There's nothing like dropping a Mega Torp at the maximum distance from a target.
    I wait until I am scrambled to use AMS.
    Until I am scrambled, I sometimes forget that I even have Iso on the boat.
    There's just something about using PDS outside the range of a Cluster about to pop a teammate.

I agree...got to use stuff right. :)

best feeling in the world is a team kill with iso imo.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
    edited July 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    best feeling in the world is a team kill with iso imo.

The game engine does not allow this to occur my friend.
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

If you shoot at a target that's under the effect of scramble sensors it has a chance to hop and hit allies even cloaked ones. My B'rel is well aware of this when mini is around. :P

Shoot Iso charge that is.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I have committed suicide on several occasions with under SS with ISO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anybody fired off Iso and Tet Cascade on a SS'd target yet?
    edited July 2013

I have a bad habit of scrambling my target then firing off an ISO. It's killed a couple team mates and myself once.

Good times.

I remember when it first came out people asked if it was supposed to do that and cryptics "it's working as intended" ruled the day.

Same with old combo- cpb and shockwaves, I rename we stripping both teams and stunning everyone quite a few time back in the day. Lol

BEHOLD THE POWER OF SCIENCE!
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013
    Say the team use's 3 at a time, one shockwave knocks out 3, 4 minute abilities. It is cheese if you don't have a shockwave.
    1. Don't cast every TIF at once
    2. Stay outside of PSW range. Not hard when you're moving twice as fast as your opponent.
    3. Run immunity skills like A2ID and Omega when you put TIF up.
    4. Or just simply wait until just AFTER you are shockwaved so you are immune anyway. Duh.
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You guys are still seriously going on about this? Speak to Cryptic, it's their responsibility to balance their game. As long as there is abilities to be used they will be used, pugmade or premade; simple as. So with all do respect do the QQing to Cryptic not the players ;)

PVP is stuffed for now, until such time an update is applied.
    edited July 2013
    sboslayer wrote: »
    You guys are still seriously going on about this? Speak to Cryptic, it's their responsibility to balance their game. As long as there is abilities to be used they will be used, pugmade or premade; simple as. So with all do respect do the QQing to Cryptic not the players ;)

PVP is stuffed for now, until such time an update is applied.

Hahahahah good stuff
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Join PvP Boot Camp! We have cake, skill respecs, exclusive sexy "PvP Boot Camp Graduate" ingame titles! Be the envy if your fleet mates! Don't be a square! Be a triangle for STO's round hole ;) BANG! ZOOM! WIZARD LEMONADE GIGGLE SWISH!

Sign up in the sub forum and learn from some of the community's best! Learn how to work as a team, get the very best out of your ship, make keybinds to make you faster, harder, longer lasting in all aspects of space combat!

Are you feeling lonely? Are the same o' STFs leaving you unsatisfied? Do you long for some ever evolving goodness to shake your nacelle at? Join PVP Boot Camp! The only community suited & booted project to leave you wanting more... *Sean Connery eye-brow wiggle*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited July 2013
    How dare you doing advertisement in the almighty cheese thread! (jk :P)
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)