Install Arc
Options

Missing Mail **UPDATE: Items now back on Holodeck with the 7/11 patch**

Comments

• Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    Blah blah blah I'm being contrarian and completely missing the point to draw attention to myself I want a medal. Anyone who disagrees with me is trolling and pointing out I'm trolling is trolling too.

Quoted for truth.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps it's just me, but I'm able to see all my emails with attachments on my Romulan. However, I can't see them on my Fed.

Hmmm ...
  • Options
    daedalus27daedalus27 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps it's just me, but I'm able to see all my emails with attachments on my Romulan. However, I can't see them on my Fed.

Hmmm ...

I saw them on my fed initially. Then when I logged in another character, they were gone and now are missing on all my characters including the first one.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So my mails missing too. LOL. Seems like it has hit every1. LOL. I had doffs & tribbles saved in my mail that are now missing. Not impressed & I thought for once a bug free patch. I thought that makes a change till i noticed this issue. LOL. Guess my congratulations to the Devs are going on hold. Almost a Bug free big patch. Bar for this. LOL.
  • Options
    rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was going to write a really long post but seeing as Cryptic PWE never listen, I'm just going to condense it.

Firstly, I hardly ever post in the forums. I just play the game and get on with it as best I can. I've been a LTS since week one and purchased nearly all the C-store ships, costumes, unlocks, everything across multiple characters. I've invested a lot of money, time and effort into this game but this... this if it is a permanent loss, then I'm done with playing STO for good.

Today, while grinding away (I'm the only member of my fleet left now, they've all left because the grind got too much, so I am left to complete the starbase, embassy and now the dilithium mine on my own!), I find that all of my mail has been deleted. There are a few exchange expires on there, mostly things I've forgotten to deal with over time, going back to late 2011 but all of the mail sent between characters on my account is gone.
    There was a *lot* of mails with many expensive items, consoles, lockbox ships, samples. weapons, ship gear, boffs, doffs, etc etc. Yes, I know the line from the devs with it being an 'exploit' (ya, whatever) to send mail to yourself but with no real large storage solution in the game, what was I to do? I've bought all the bank, inventory unlocks I can but its not enough. And anyway, where was it written that mailing items to yourself was not allowed?
    The 100 item limit introduced from LOR onwards is bad enough. Acceptable I suppose but to delete all the back mail with no warning is just not on. I haven't got time to trawl though umpteen pages but I seriously hope its just a momentary glitch. If all my mails and items are indeed permanantly gone, then I'm permanantly gone from STO and so is any future money from me.

Hopefully someone from Cryptic reads this and takes the points raised on board (especially enough of the grind, please!) but I'm not holding my breath. Its sad to think how brilliant and dynamic STO could be, only for it to degenerate into a mindless grindfest and moneysink. Gene's vision deserves better.
  • Options
    cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've just become a victim of this as well.

I've slowly been taking things out of my mail queue so as not to use it as storage, but I still had a lot of stuff left.

I had all my mail at K-7, went to Sirius sector to buy commodities from a cargo ship, then went to Battle Group Omega to look for some stuff in my mail... and there was NO MAIL! :eek:

I went back to K-7, switched toons to check, logged out/in - nothing worked. All my mail is gone.

Time for beer.
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone? Everyone?

One of my in-game friends informed me that some of their exchange mail re-appeared but that the deleted inter-account mail and intra-account mail is still gone including the items attached to them.

Cryptic - what is the deal?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Hey guys, we have an update on this issue for you.

We're still conducting our investigation, but the mailed items that players are reporting are missing still exist in the database, and we will work to get them back in your mail as soon as possible.

This patch introduced an update of our player-to-player mail to a new mail system. As a part of this update, all player-to-player mail had to be transferred over to this system. For most players, this transfer worked as expected, and they should see no change in their mail.

However, for players with a very, very large amount of items in player-to-player mail, this migration failed due to unforeseen technicalities, causing the mail (But not the items in the mail, as they are stored separately from the mail) to be lost. Because the items still exist, we will be able to have them mailed to you, and we'll work to make sure that these items are returned to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause in the meantime.

I don't know who you are, but I like you.

Take the items, stick'm in a few boxes, mail'm. BAM!

I iz dev elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Quoted for truth.

You see the new Kate Upton TMZ video?

Same idea as missing the point.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try reading the really long thread you just posted in.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Try reading the really long thread you just posted in.

You mean the one I posted in after?

*golfclap for you buddy*
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the opposite problem. The mail Icon is flashing, yet when I click on it, I have no mail. Never seen this before. Seems like if its not one problem with the mail system this Summer, its something else.

Edit: Oh, and click on the flashing mail icon doesn't make it go away, neither does looking at past messages that you've already read but not deleted, however no new messages are present.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have the email button problem. There are no emails, but it's flashing. Although, I've also had the same thing with that question mark button. It's always flashing too.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can read and delete mail but I can't write any.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alas, I've been hit by this bug too. Unlike some people, I didn't have 1000s of items, I'm guessing closer to 200 DOffs (mostly white) and BOffs (w/hard to find abilities) and maybe a couple items (most things were put into banks).

I look forward to the promised fix. Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have send two mails to myself yesterday (just text) they did not arrive and i got no error message either

...this better not be intended or i need a 2nd PC/account to trade DOffs and BOffs between my Characters. :eek:

and the mail icon still keeps blinking as if i had new mail... but nothing new inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    ...players with a very, very large amount of items in player-to-player mail...

<COUGHS LOUDLY> ...ooops
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alanburch wrote: »
    <COUGHS LOUDLY> ...ooops

hahaha same here.... are some of you still unable to delete certain pieces of mail?
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AHHHHHHHH! I was all excited to log on tonight and see I could interchange sci/med and tac/sec and so I ran to my mail thinking "now I can stop storing those white doffs!"

Having a few hundred mails disappear really takes the wind out of one's sails.

Please don't take too long fixing this one, the sooner you get me back those doffs the sooner I will sacrifice them to the holdings system. Will be like they never existed.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am missing a huge amount of items.

The first mail that I have is from 19th June this year, everything from before (which includes hundreds of mails containing several hunderd boffs, doffs, gear etc).

There is one exception which is one mail sent to me from a tribble toon which is still there (dated 1st march 2012).

Please please put this all back, it has huge value and I have spent 3 years amasssing these items for new characters and for when I want to change my build.

All the mails were carefully sorted with tiltiles that told me what was in the mails (ie what BO powers, traits, etc).

This is in addition to a ticket I have already raised four days ago (and which I have had an automated reply but nothing further) about lost items in the mail due to unreturned exchange items that didn't sell (and which included a lockbox ship reward box).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited June 2013
    I am in the same situation as everybody it seems.I don't see many of my old mails with attachment.
    Unfortunately there are some items there that I want them back like mk xii [acc]x3 weapons for example or very rare boff's I got from zen packs and the list can continue.
    I hope next patch will bring my things back
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am suffering from this bug as well.

Everything prior to 5/22/2013 is missing. with the exception of things mailed from Champions online. Everything from that game (which I haven't played for a long while) is still intact.

The Champions Online mails date from 1/28/2011 to 10/31/2012. (Yes, I need to clean house there.)

Seems like this affected only my STO generated mails. Not only emails with items attached, but emails with information.
  • Options
    ladymoondanceladymoondance Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it funny, that my "expired sales" messages I wanted to collect once I reach a mail station from the very same day were deleted after the update on thursday, but an empty message from a week before from one toon to the other is the only message left in my mail box. Mails from friends: lost.
    I do not see a particular pattern.
    If STO has introduced a deadline to delete messages they should have announced in and set a proper time to collect stuff (and I do not mean just hours but at least two weeks.not everyone playing here is around daily)
    Anyway, I still hope the messages are going to be restored. Cause I hate to loose nice mails without warning.
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same bug here. Every mail before 23 May gone.
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem. All before LoR is gone. Not just mails with Items but also mails with important informations (PvP Bootcamp ... ). I did'nt count the mails but I think to be dropt to 10-20 mails.

Edit: If it doesn't lead to a item duplication and an backup from pre patch exists, wouldn't it be the easiest way to add all mails from the backup to the actual mailbox.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Mail system cannot be trusted for long term storage any more. After/If this is fixed I recommend you all clean it out, sell the doffs, whatever. I am sure glad I did that a few days ago.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    spectographicspectographic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    same with mine, my brother's and a friend's account. (one post for economical reading reasons.)
    I myself only got 3 of around 200 mails left...
    The other two have like half of their box fill.
    We only filled the mail box because of the surplus of science and tactical officers from boxes. We would have prefered not to fill the mail ;)

I will really appreciate it, if we get our mail, not just the items back. There are some very funny artifacts I would really like to have back.

PS: my brother hasn't been around for a while and he has got mail from before LoR.
    Fun is Obligatory!
  • Options
    hardkn0xhardkn0x Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :confused: more than 90% of my mail is gone, I had most of my Blue Reward pack ships stored in my mail and all the Uncommon Doff's that I could not find a use for.

I have spoken with my fleet members and they too report the same problem.

If storing stuff in your mail is not what Cryptic/PW wants please give us more storage space. I have maxed mine on all my toons I play with and it has cost me a lot of money.

Also give use a use for all of the Uncommon Doffs

Please fix this I'm worried about my virtual junk being lost forever...
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Mail system cannot be trusted for long term storage any more. After/If this is fixed I recommend you all clean it out, sell the doffs, whatever. I am sure glad I did that a few days ago.

I think thats why we now have this "bug"...
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    jamaharonjamaharon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jalawaran wrote: »
    The issue is not "knowing better". It's that mail allows for item containment and no disclaimer of any kind came from the Game Admin stating it was "at risk" when in mail.
    I agree with this sentiment.

And, when BranFlakes says "We have our top men working on it." I think he's quoting Raiders of the Lost Ark. I.e. this was not an accidental drop of Db tables.

WHERE IS MY STUFF?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Unlimited In-Game Mail Access" must mean something different to Cryptic than it does to English.
This discussion has been closed.