test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Mail **UPDATE: Items now back on Holodeck with the 7/11 patch**

aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Where's all my mail? Only a fraction of what I had before is still there. Can I have it back please? If I haven't deleted them, then there's a reason,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@Aquitaine985
Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
Post edited by aquitaine985 on

Comments

• Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It looks like all my mail has been gone barring a handful mails that were send after LoR.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    sahard00msahard00m Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All my mail prior to 5/30/2013 (30.05.2013) is gone... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I condemn false prophets, the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all."
    Gene Roddenberry (1921-1991)
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Missing:

5 antimag regulators
    thousands of assorted other consoles
    thousands of boffs and doffs

If anyone have seen them, send me a note ;)
  • Options
    indubioveritasindubioveritas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just logged in and tried to retrieve a stored BOFF for training (I have several for that purpose, as I imagine most players do), only to find that every mail I had containing stored BOFFs has vanished without trace. Other items are also missing.

If this has been done intentionally, I received no warning of any imminent deletion and I am very annoyed to potentially lose hours of effort and considerable in-game expense. I may not follow the forums diligently, but I think it is incumbent on Cryptic to adequately forewarn players if they intend to delete their valued items. I hope it is a bug and will be resolved.

UPDATE - It seems there are other threads dealing with this issue. My apologies. Please delete.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    We're investigating this now. Once I have more information to provide, I will pass it along here.

Please also post the most recent date you have mail from if you are experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    frenchy277frenchy277 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, thank you for bringing starbase construction to a screeching halt :mad:

Also thank you for telling us in advance so we could retrieve our valuables :mad:
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're investigating this now. Once I have more information to provide, I will pass it along here.

Please also post the most recent date you have mail from if you are experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I have mail from within the last 24 hours, but several of my old mails (especially those with attachments) are now gone!

*Some* old mail is still there, but a lot is missing.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have mail from within the last 24 hours, but several of my old mails (especially those with attachments) are now gone!

*Some* old mail is still there, but a lot is missing.

Same here. The valuable items can slowly be replaced, but I kinda needed the old fleet mails v.v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oldest mail I have left is from May 22nd...everything pre-LoR is gone.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *turns pale* it seems i lost ~80 million in doffs and BO's (and some equipment too), everything before may 23 2013 is lost.

Dear Cryptic, please ANNOUNCE such changes in the future IN ADVANCE!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My mail is missing as well, only got a handful of mail items there.

Missing many items in there as well!

I've also got the mail icon keep flashing despite deleting what little mail is in the mailbox.

I have tried accessing from the mail icon next to the mini map and by the mail console at ESD.

My ticket ID is #1,807,922.
  • Options
    auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got some mail from the past 24hrs and post-LoR. Everything else is gone..

Sales expired with a 1/1/2013 dating.
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The most recent is today but everything between 2012-06-27 and 2013-06-08 is gone.
  • Options
    rainmotorsportsrainmotorsports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Missing:

5 antimag regulators
    thousands of assorted other consoles
    thousands of boffs and doffs

If anyone have seen them, send me a note ;)

5 Mag Regulators... thats a challenge to store!

Thousands of consoles seems a bit excessive, Doff's are of course understandable. But Ive known the risk day 1 using a mail system to store items and I would hope anyone else would have.
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I fear to login to game, if I just lost all my ghenros and arena master garaths, and my dearest <200 blue/green/white doffs, and 200 boffs
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    lyzzethlyzzeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue here, today i sent 2 or 3 mails, but i still have yesterday's mail, but all old mails with probably hundreds of stuff, duty officers etc... are gone.
  • Options
    ciprianp1ciprianp1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be specific: ANY MAIL WITH ATTACHEMENT IS GONE.
    Thank you Cryptic. This an awesome job from your part.:mad:
    But since LoR you give me less and less reasons to play your game.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uh-huh, it was an accident.

...Am waiting for the inevitable note from the devs, "we're sorry but were unable to retrieve the lost mails"...
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm missing all of my old mail, everything from before July 11th. Like a lot of people, I had tons of boffs and equipment in there, easily several million EC worth of stuff. Fix this.
  • Options
    robinphoenixxrobinphoenixx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hello Brandon,

I have mail dating back from Januari 6th 2012 till May 31th 2013, however(!) I have lost all the mail containing items I send to myself which include thousands of lockboxes, doffs, and various valuable items. Also, it seems I still have some mail left from the exchange, informing me the sales have expired however the items are mostly missing.

Furthermore, all fleet-wide mails are gone. Also, my inbox icon in the mini-map menu keeps flashing.

I hope you guys fix this petit crisis! My thanks for all your efforts in advance :)
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The mail isn't intended as a means for storage, especially long term, so if you lost items that have been in there for over a month, you have only yourself to blame.
  • Options
    rensha1rensha1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, all my mail from before the 23rd may has gone, Boff's weapon and consoles gone, plzzz find them :(:(
  • Options
    nemesischikennemesischiken Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Most Recent mail: 6/19/2013
    Oldest mail: 4/10/2010

98% of my mail is missing and only mail in the past few days have any attachment
    HNCNKy.jpg
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The storing of Doffs were filling up their databases....

We have no other way to store doffs we want to use for Fleet Base fuel..

We need doffs for fleet base fuel because of a Star Base design....

We used the mail box to store the doffs we were planning to use for our Star Bases....

Seeing a pattern emerge?

Doffs weren't meant to be used in this fashion when originally designed for the game. Therefore there was no large storage capacity plans already put into place. Some projects require hundreds of doffs, something one toon cannot store.

1. Give us a place to store doffs so we can get them out of the mail box. Possibly an account doff shared storage with a capacity of roughly one thousand.

2. Remove the need from doffs from the Starbase, we'd start getting rid of them.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I suppose that's one way to distract from the dilithium mine stupidity...
  • Options
    jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oldest: 1/19/13
    Newest: 6/16/13

All messages pre-LOR have been deleted except for Expired Exchange Sales. I've been a member since Feb. 2012 so I have lots of mail missing, even mail with text only to other members.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well done Cryptic, you've managed to infuriate nearly your entire hardcore playerbase.

*Cue Cryptic Defense Squad run-in below*

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looked at mail using the mini-map mail and showed mail back to 3/15/2012. Went to mailbox and looked and now only see mail back to 5/30/2013.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    The mail isn't intended as a means for storage, especially long term, so if you lost items that have been in there for over a month, you have only yourself to blame.

Find the dev post that states this, or quit trolling.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    robinphoenixxrobinphoenixx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »

I must have missed a rule or something. This never has been an issue before. I, and those with me, are not to blame.
This discussion has been closed.