apersont1apersont1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my mail is fine
    MTV Cribs eat your heart out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we get a update wen this problem is resolved?

With all my stuff gone my playing mood is not very good at the moment.
  • Options
    yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and when i found out that my mails are all gone - I curse the you-know-who website that has been flooding our mail with his spam in a private channel where there is only me and my best friend... and got banned for i dont know how long.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today, I look in my mailbox. I lost most of my emails. And then I lost much items.
    For example I lost 10 artifacts I got in buying duty officers pack.
    For example, I lost 3 or 4 ultra rare bridge officer. and so on.
    I made a ticket but to be honest I'm hopeless. Cryptic support has never answered my problem and it has never fixed my problem. Even thoug I'm lifetime subscriber and I spent/wasted much money with keys.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of my mailbox is gone! I have the "welcome to Star Trek Online" message from 2010, 4 fleet messages from 2011, and nothing else prior to May 29, 2013! Not only missing are equipment, bridge/duty officers, and other valuables, but also all the fleet/friend info on chat channels/fleet websites, contact info, and jokes. No way to replace it.

After having a glitch lock me out of STO for 4 days after LoR was launched -- and now this massive loss -- I'm not happy.

And by the way ... how come my Romulan can't enter Kerrat war zone? I have the mission but the entry icon for the star system never appears.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmmm.. I never had any of those mail problems. I always could delete them, send items to another player, received all items and even the mails before LoR are still there.

In the last few months a lot of bugs the players collectively reported haven't happen to me :confused:
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmmm.. I never had any of those mail problems. I always could delete them, send items to another player, received all items and even the mails before LoR are still there.

In the last few months a lot of bugs the players collectively reported haven't happen to me :confused:

Thank whatever deity in which you believe and if I were you, don't ever say anything about it again. Maybe toss some salt over your shoulder, too, just in case. And count your lucky stars.

Here's hoping a bug or mess-up never happens for you - but the odds are rather stacked against you.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    m0duspwnensm0duspwnens Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    The mail isn't intended as a means for storage, especially long term, so if you lost items that have been in there for over a month, you have only yourself to blame.

Mail isn't the ideal means of storage however the alternative would be to create 800 alternate f2p accounts just for storage. That would be an even more inefficient means of storage.
    If they need more space on the mail server they should allow you to disable 'item sold for ' notifications
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is annoying - however, I am pleased that Cryptic has indicated it will return our items.

I had originally used the mail for doff storage - saving up accumulated medical and security doffs for later use in the starbase - however, thanks to Cryptic announcing the changes to project doff requirements, I had cleared all these out and sold them.

There were a few items still in there tho - mostly VR consultants that I was not sure what to do with, and half forgot about. One of the reasons I am not overly bothered is that I had more or less forgotten about most of these items.

As a fleet leader however, the loss of mail is also concerning - there were some important recorded conversations with members/prospective members stored there.

I'm going to keep some perspective on this though.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems it struck me as well today. I sent 5 uncommon doff to another character for usage, guess what, my mail disappeared.

I understand that the mail system was never meant to be a storage facility, but many players do work the exchange and have many items there, when they are not sold, they tend to be sent back to through our mail system, this is quite problematic with the current situation at hand.

The current storage facility per character is not sufficient for Data sample storage, doff storage, boff storage, and any other item deem valuable.

I can trade between toons and accounts via a dummy fleet - but I cannot trade important items like doffs and BOs by this means. I must use the mail system or bother another fleet mate or player to assist me in large doff trades - which is not ideal.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    Seems it struck me as well today. I sent 5 uncommon doff to another character for usage, guess what, my mail disappeared.

I understand that the mail system was never meant to be a storage facility, but many players do work the exchange and have many items there, when they are not sold, they tend to be sent back to through our mail system, this is quite problematic with the current situation at hand.

The current storage facility per character is not sufficient for Data sample storage, doff storage, boff storage, and any other item deem valuable.

I can trade between toons and accounts via a dummy fleet - but I cannot trade important items like doffs and BOs by this means. I must use the mail system or bother another fleet mate or player to assist me in large doff trades - which is not ideal.

Agree on the point about current storage not being sufficient for doffs/boffs and other such items which are difficult to store. Perhaps Cryptic could offer some C-Store options to work around this - a DOFF bank or something?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oke top men working on it
    but i dont seem to get any updates on the situation.

well if they gonna send the items back thats fine but ..... when and most important how ?

for excample you have 200+ items in the mail but the mail system only allows 100 items
    how will that work ?

what to do with the overflow of items ?
    all my toons have a maxout doff system
    the exchange can only take 40 items per toon.

Well that why there are top men working on it .....
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • Options
    trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay, I missing most of my mail. I had mail dated to around March that are missing. A little bit everyday, I was trying to clean out my mail as I had a lot of exchange mail I was going through. I know I had some attachments in there.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was not effected by this bug as all I had for mail was the inevitable "Item Sold On Exchange" notice, and less than 40 of those.

To find out that people have been using the email system to store tons of stuff, clogging up the system is very disconcerting.

To now find out that numerous Dev hours will be wasted "fixing" this misuse of the mail system is more so.

There currently are instuctions on the side of a Toothpick box on how to use the product. Fast food restaurants have to list their takeout coffee as "Warning Hot!"

While people complaining about lost items have a point, do they really want to be lumped with those that need instructions on everything?

I agree that Cryptic should now put a disclaimer in the Mail tab stating that it is not for storage and listing the 100 mail limit, (sigh)
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mail isn't the ideal means of storage however the alternative would be to create 800 alternate f2p accounts just for storage. That would be an even more inefficient means of storage.
    If they need more space on the mail server they should allow you to disable 'item sold for ' notifications

And not easily possibly. PWE's policy is more than 3 accounts per player is considered excessive. Cryptic-age accounts get around this, but for new accounts, it's problematic [and while there are ways to get around the automated system for it, it's still against their policy].
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    today I received a truck load of the 'exchange item has expired' type mail. the thing is it's a truck load of them dating all the way back 2010. I have spent hours going thru all my toons taking the items off them and deleting the mails.

i'm still holding out hope that some items a friends sent me months ago will finally turn up. since the gm's couldn't be bother to reply to my tickets on several occasions. I now resigned to waiting say 3 years to see if they show up on their own.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    today I received a truck load of the 'exchange item has expired' type mail. the thing is it's a truck load of them dating all the way back 2010. I have spent hours going thru all my toons taking the items off them and deleting the mails.

i'm still holding out hope that some items a friends sent me months ago will finally turn up. since the gm's couldn't be bother to reply to my tickets on several occasions. I now resigned to waiting say 3 years to see if they show up on their own.

I feel your pain - I hope my items come back by the truckloads. Finally, can use those DOffs in there and now I can't access them.

The last dev post said that they lost all the messages but they had the items and would mail them back to you. Is it possible that the truck load of messages you received are the items your friend sent you?

They MAY be using the Exchange item has expired system to return the items.

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I feel your pain - I hope my items come back by the truckloads. Finally, can use those DOffs in there and now I can't access them.

The last dev post said that they lost all the messages but they had the items and would mail them back to you. Is it possible that the truck load of messages you received are the items your friend sent you?

They MAY be using the Exchange item has expired system to return the items.

sadly no..... maybe in 3 years time lol. they was all exchange item expired and dated 2013-2010

the items my friends sent was some fleet duty officer packs back when they did the last bug ship promo on them.

I have never used the mail system for storage. so that can't be any reason to have caused this. but we shall see if anything else turns up randomly lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    sadly no..... maybe in 3 years time lol. they was all exchange item expired and dated 2013-2010

the items my friends sent was some fleet duty officer packs back when they did the last bug ship promo on them.

I have never used the mail system for storage. so that can't be any reason to have caused this. but we shall see if anything else turns up randomly lol

Ah, well it was just hopeful thinking. Good luck!

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This morning. I lost most of my mails. This evening I look in my mailbox. I have not any mail anymore. All of my mails disappear.
    Fleet ship module, artifacts, ultra rare bridge officer, duty officer, duty officer pack. Everything I bought with real money. Lost! Yes! LOST! I'm not happy at all!
    I'm working IT company. We never deleted mails witout keep informed our users. Even though we have to bleach their mailbox. We let them informed about.
    Cryptic don't. They delete everything in your mailbox without any information. And what makes me angry. They delete what I bought with real money. I'm not happy at all. I think I'm really angry.
  • Options
    furiousfeenixfuriousfeenix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is this not stickied on the GNN as an issue? It isn't being treated like a problem, or at least one they are fixing, it just keeps creeping down on the post list, and I don't see any update from them for two days now, I'm usually patient on this stuff, but I lost a LOT. Fine maybe the mail wasn't to be used as a bank, okay, but we still deserve warning and ample time to clear it out before you nuke everything.
  • Options
    reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've also noticed it, I stored a lot of consoles, personal weapons, personal shields and more since I didn't have enough account bank space and couldn't afford any more. Over 700 days worth of scraping and saving for all that I could find and afford so that all of my characters would have exactly what they needed when it was needed, and it's all disappeared.

Considering the greed of players on the Exchange and the over the top prices they ask for consoles and more then having to scrape and save all over again isn't very tempting to say the least. Especially for consoles like phaser relays, EPS, quantum torpedoes.
  • Options
    rsciwrsciw Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    If you worked for me, you'd be fired. Losing user data is never acceptable, especially not on a daily basis. If you don't have backups and redundancy, you're not doing your job.

If I worked for you I would quit myself. Encouraging crappy behaviour (storing mails in sent/deleted folders as per the experience of the guy you quoted) with evident crappy policies (not clearing those out, no outlook archiving policies to local pst for files older than $period) then yeah, I rather work in an IT place who know their stuff than for you...
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gryspeert wrote: »
    well if they gonna send the items back thats fine but ..... when and most important how ?

for excample you have 200+ items in the mail but the mail system only allows 100 items
    how will that work ?

what to do with the overflow of items ?
    all my toons have a maxout doff system
    the exchange can only take 40 items per toon.

My concern exactly.

I don't even know if I can clear out my current mailbox storage for fear of causing some problem or another.

I will note however that losses like these - with no warning and massive - are not going to encourage people to buy extra inventory slots. One does not make sales by destroying the reason someone would need to use your product. For myself, I am not thinking, "well, good thing Cryptic declogged the mail without warning, guess I'll just eat the loss of 50M EC of goods, buy myself some inventory slots and move on!" No, I'm thinking, "if I keep playing this thing I'm going to have to sell these suckers as fast as possible and avoid any real investment since it's clear it will evaporate the second someone makes a typo."

Now I (and others) are willing to clear out the mail boxes and let things go back to the way they were - BUT WE NEED TIME in order to actually make this thing work. There are people who lost way more than I did and I can only imagine their frothing rage - I'd certainly be in that boat. I'd value most of my mail stuff as being probably around $50 or more given some crude exchange rate calculations; I'd imagine that with lockbox ships included, some of these people lost over $1,000 worth of goods.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    None of this would be an issue if the fleet system wasn't so broken.

Storing 1000 white officers is like a week's worth of projects at high tiers. Literally a week. Tier V military for me has one up right now that needs 150 by itself. Big upgrades can have 400.

The idea that it's an "exploit" to have them around is a complete joke. Spot the people that don't know anything about STO.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited June 2013
    whats sad is i didnt lose my email until i logged out and back in.
    so the email wasnt gone before i logged in the first time.
    the strange thing is i didnt have over 100 emails.
    the emails i lost were mostly text emails.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're investigating this now. Once I have more information to provide, I will pass it along here.

Please also post the most recent date you have mail from if you are experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I too just notice I lost all my email. I had over 50. I have a lifetime subscription. Been with the came for over 1200 days.
    I just noticed today, 6/22/13; I had the most recent 8 emails and one from 2011 everything in the middle was GONE.

:mad:
  • Options
    reezin1reezin1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I lost all of my items I had in my emails, also.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All of my emails with rare and very rare BOs are gone. Non-item mail seems to be fine.
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately I must add my voice to the chorus of dissapointed STOers...I lost about 30 very rare and rare BOFFS with some hard to get abilities...Tachyon Harmonic III, Polarize Hull III, Tractor Repulsors III, Boarding Party III, Reverse Shield Polarity III, Cannon Scatter Volley III.

Part of the fun of this game is 'collecting' all of the hard to get items...I feel like Cryptic just lost part of my baseball card collection :mad:

This is all really getting old...
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
This discussion has been closed.