Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Can't believe you nerfed the last part of Defense of New Romulus so it was "Achievable"?? C'mon guys, it was perfectly achievable. Stop pandering to the care bear crowd by nerfing anything remotely challenging...

Agreed it was challenging but achievable, it was certainly no Terradome!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    directorvancedirectorvance Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and we will go deaf from This.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and while we die, we will do this.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fixing mail and Borg red alerts is good news. Thank you.
    Now if only the ship's tray on switching ships would be fixed I would be a happy player.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for the much needed repairs :rolleyes:
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ahh, some much needed fixes - thanks guys!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    server now down, forums, brace for impact. INCOMING!!!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nitehawk27 wrote: »
    sure, lower the difficulty level the day after i beat that level... lol well at least i can say i beat it when it was stupid hard...

LoL no kidding. I completed it a couple days ago. Didn't know what I was going up against but I was apparently already prepared.

Tactical Reman captain allied with Fed, with the Ha'Feh Assault Warbird (free level 40 ship)

I have:
    2 Tactial boffs with tactical team 1, cannon: scatter volley 1, torpedo spread 3, the commander boff station had attack pattern beta 3 I trained myself, isometric charge console I bought from the exchange, Bio-Neural Warhead I got from a Dominion lockbox a while back. Also the Antimatter Spread console from the Fed T3 Exploration Cruiser Refit Venture Class. I have AoE coming out of my freaking ears dude!. LOL.

I cut through all the small ships like a hot knife through butter. Took me at least a half hour because so many smaller ships kept spawning. Eventually only 1 or 2 small ships spawned at a time and I took the opportunity to work on the command ship. I think my Warhead hit its hull and finished it off.

That mission was absolutely nuts but sure was fun.

I never cared much for scatter volley or torpedo spread. I prefer to use rapid fire and high yield. But for my Reman, I'm having a blast. :D
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yep, you said it.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...and the whining commences...
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Devil's choice? You people whine too much. That mission was actually challenging and I enjoyed it. Most of you are obviously not used to challenging game-play like we had loads of in the days of the C64 and other microcomputers.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is targeting going to be fixed im sick of seeing it send HE to a HY torp
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ...and the whining commences...

LOL. just, LOL
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    is targeting going to be fixed im sick of seeing it send HE to a HY torp

I feel your pain! Tac' team to mines was annoying me!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    time for a WHINE-FEST!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    servers have been down for 15 mins, and not one person on the forums is just here becauseof getting kicked from the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At Cryptic they have absolutely no respect for all those European players spending much money on this game.

It is utterly offencive that ALLWAYS during Europe Prime hours maintenance is done.
    Very disrespectfull. Maintenance windows should be rotating so that downtime is not always in the same area during primetime.

If this keeps going on I will NOT spend any euro on this game anymore. If I am not respected as a customer, why should I sponsor this game with my money. As lifetimer I anyway dont need to sponsor this game any further, I just did spend money in game because I liked the game and wanted to keep the game alive. But due to this ALWAYS European primetime downtime and lack of customer respect I lose interest and care less if the game survives.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    At Cryptic they have absolutely no respect for all those European players spending much money on this game.

It is utterly offencive that ALLWAYS during Europe Prime hours maintenance is done.
    Very disrespectfull. Maintenance windows should be rotating so that downtime is not always in the same area during primetime.

Well this is a new complaint that we have never, ever heard before!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

If this keeps going on I will NOT spend any euro on this game anymore. If I am not respected as a customer, why should I sponsor this game with my money. As lifetimer I anyway dont need to sponsor this game any further, I just did spend money in game because I liked the game and wanted to keep the game alive. But due to this ALWAYS European primetime downtime and lack of customer respect I lose interest and care less if the game survives.

Whine, whine, whine. so you want the american techno-geeks up at midnight here so it is convienent for YOU? the nerds need their sleep, and the universe does not revolve around YOU.
    p.s., your grammer could use some work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,417 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Devil's choice? You people whine too much. That mission was actually challenging and I enjoyed it. Most of you are obviously not used to challenging game-play like we had loads of in the days of the C64 and other microcomputers.

I liked the challenge also. Even played it in lowest tier ships and in the Ambassador to negate the advantage of the cloak. Don't see why people were complaining.

Not looking forward to cleaning my filled mailbox, but i'm glad i finally get to do it.

CE Elite will be on top of my to do list. Hopefully it will bring massive amounts of marks.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lots of fixes thank you lets just hope they work

especially the mail one its gonna take me the night too delete what i got in there
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    Whine, whine, whine. so you want the american techno-geeks up at midnight here so it is convienent for YOU? the nerds need their sleep, and the universe does not revolve around YOU.

This response shows same kind of disprespect as well.

This game is a game with customers all over the globe. So as said maintenance window should rotate.

So writting to me "the universe does not revolve around YOU" misses the point completly.

PS: also not nice and complely unessecary your grammar flaming, I am not native English speaking.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Ok,
    a) they take the server down when the least amount of people are on,
    b) EU prime time is in about 1 or 2 hours from now, when people get home from work, time zone dependant of course, I'm in the uk so for me it's 2 hours when our prime time begins, for the dutch, french and germans it's more toward the 1 hour mark.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meaning what u gonna keep spamming ??:confused:
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    p.s., your grammer could use some work.

Although I feel his pain and it does annoy me that the European players like my self suffer

I CAN LIVE ONCE a week with down time it's the star trek offline problem I find boring
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This game is a game with customers all over the globe. So as said maintenance window should rotate.

So writting to me "the universe does not revolve around YOU" misses the point completly.

The total number of people who log in varies throughout the day. The timeframe they've chosen is the lowest average number of users. Your suggestion would increase the number of people affected by an outage. That's not good business.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited June 2013

The server is in america, and the engineers need their sleep. without that, it will mean more downtime because they goofed something in their haste to give you a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

And as has been explained countless times, the point of which you seem to miss completely, is that companies schedule their down times for times of statistically lowest usage. I'm pretty sure they aren't scheduling it with "TRIBBLE the Europeans" in mind.

Maintenance will always affect someone. With my work schedule, it usually impacts my prime play time as well. So goes life. If I hate it that much, I can cancel my subscription and not come back - but it is hardly worth throwing tantrums over it, week after week.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And as has been explained countless times, the point of which you seem to miss completely, is that companies schedule their down times for times of statistically lowest usage. I'm pretty sure they aren't scheduling it with "TRIBBLE the Europeans" in mind.

Maintenance will always affect someone. With my work schedule, it usually impacts my prime play time as well. So goes life. If I hate it that much, I can cancel my subscription and not come back - but it is hardly worth throwing tantrums over it, week after week.

i have to agree with your point. it affects me too, i wnat to play, but i can live without it for a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.