Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    on the user control panel is a 'edit signature' button. do it there.

thank you :)
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    thank you :)

no prob. but you're a career officer. you should know that!
    JK
    post #184!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope you guys also got around to putting the Jem'hadar pets back where they belong. Been itching for some elite ones for a while now....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I hope you guys also got around to putting the Jem'hadar pets back where they belong. Been itching for some elite ones for a while now....

pets cost zen. i no have zen. i no care.
    :D
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They actually cost dilithium, not zen. It also doesn't mean there aren't people who do care.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Incessant whining is disrespectful. Pointing out that incessant whining is indeed incessant whining is not disrespectful, it is a simple statement of fact.

And as someone who is always impacted by the down time, I vote no on your idea. Just because it hits me all the time doesn't mean that I think it should impact greater numbers of people.

Downtime should not hit the same area and people ALWAYS!

It is disrespectfull as I said.

All have the fun of playing, all should share the burden of downtime.
    So not always the same people should suffer.

So roting means once in a while every one meets a downtime. And not every of more times in the week always the same people.

Every not egoistic person with understanding, grasps that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you cryptic for all you have done. the STO community really appreciates all your hard work and dedication to this game! I believe i speak for everyone when i say this is from all of us to you all at Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment:
    This is for ALL of you.
    when this thread hits multiples of 20 could someone please quote each time?

Just Reposting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    They actually cost dilithium, not zen. It also doesn't mean there aren't people who do care.

I was Kidding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    totenmet wrote: »

So roting means once in a while every one meets a downtime. And not every of more times in the week always the same people.

As i stated this is not prime time gaming hour for Europe, the ego here seems to be yours, this may well be your prime time gaming, but you seem to be under the impression that you speak for all of Europe.

It is not disrespectful, it's a schedule, simple, if your ego wants to take personal offence at, so be it.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As i stated this is not prime time gaming hour for Europe, the ego here seems to be yours, this may well be your prime time gaming, but you seem to be under the impression that you speak for all of Europe.

It is not disrespectful, it's a schedule, simple, if your ego wants to take personal offence at, so be it.

I usually don't say this, but not everybody cares, totenmet.

Post # 188
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I usually don't say this, [flame removed]. not everybody cares, totenmet.

Post # 188

..../char10
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    this is a flame, if you consider it a flame, i do not apologize. it is meant as such.

it is NOT meant as a flame.
    if anyone feels that it is, i really do apologize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It isn't about what is a good time for you or me - it is about what is a good time for the service overall. In other words, one that affects the fewest players.

That is not a correct criterium in case always the same area and players are affected by downtime and others never.

A more reasonable criterium would be if everyone has approximatly the same percentage of downtime.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i edited out the part that could have been considered a flame. Happy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So you are really suggesting a rotating maintenance schedule???

Problem with that is that whilst you might not get hit in your prime time, it will be some one elses prime time, and then they will complain about it. So you are only really moving the problem, not solving it.

Some MMO devs have tried a rotating maintenance schedule, but very few have done so on a continuing basis afaik, due to what I said above.

And afaik, EU prime time is from roughly 18:00 or 19:00 GMT depending on where in Europe you are.

The devs do their best, but this is not easy to get right.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is not a correct criterium in case always the same area and players are affected by downtime and others never.

A more reasonable criterium would be if everyone has approximatly the same percentage of downtime.

This is not a remotely reasonable criterium and I don't know a single person with an actual job that would claim "come into work at 3 AM today so some gamers in Europe don't whine on the internet" is a business model.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    otowi wrote: »

Problem with that is that whilst you might not get hit in your prime time, it will be some one elses prime time, and then they will complain about it. So you are only really moving the problem, not solving it.

Some MMO devs have tried a rotating maintenance schedule, but very few have done so on a continuing basis afaik, due to what I said above.

And afaik, EU prime time is from roughly 18:00 or 19:00 GMT depending on where in Europe you are.

AND it is harder if they are running on no sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is not a remotely reasonable criterium and I don't know a single person with an actual job that would claim "come into work at 3 AM today so some gamers in Europe don't whine on the internet" is a business model.

Your Sig is incorrrect and illogical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    otowi wrote: »

In this case always the same area and players are affected by downtime and others never.

A more reasonable criterium would be if everyone has approximatly the same PERCENTAGE of downtime.

And I agree, no downtime would solve the real problem.
  • Options
    benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013

My word; dont you ever stop posting? You've done like 11 pages D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013

its not worth the effert trekie564.... some people like otowi will not see reason even if it sits on their heads.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In this case always the same area and players are affected by downtime and others never.

A more reasonable criterium would be if everyone has approximatly the same PERCENTAGE of downtime.

no, because there are more players in other places, and then there are more people mad.
    what you suggest is just to shove the problem onto someone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It about over anyways so shut it and move on.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch Server's up...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    tjthegreat2tjthegreat2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow. Not only is there whining, someone had time to go on and on and on about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My word; dont you ever stop posting? You've done like 11 pages D:
    No, i don't. i the forum master!
    orici1701 wrote: »
    its not worth the effert trekie564.... some people like otowi will not see reason even if it sits on their heads.
    I will keep trying till my dying breath!
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    It about over anyways so shut it an move on.

YAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    Patch Server's up...

well done... its been up for over 1 hour, some1 beat u to it
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The team works out of California, so they schedule it at a time when everyone who does the work will be around; in the morning. I live two time-zones over so patches that go from 7-9 are 9-11 for me, and since I start work at 1 my primary play time is from about 9-11. Disappointing? Yes, somewhat, but I don't complain because I know it has to be done sometime and that is the time that makes most sense for them to do it at.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No, i don't. i the forum master!

I will keep trying till my dying breath!

YAY!

i admire ur commitment to it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    It about over anyways so shut it and move on.

but, but, but this is our only entertainment while the shard is down. if we don't have this i'd have to do something in the real world, like dishes or the gardening...
This discussion has been closed.