Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tbh the only bug in want fixed is the vibrating chat box

When it is placed in the lower half of screen it vibrates and gives me a bloody headache

Other than that I would like to know what is going on with consoles atm my are not giving me the damage in was getting before but hey not important just fix the chat window so I don't feel sick all the time
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Other than that I would like to know what is going on with consoles atm my are not giving me the damage in was getting before

Have you run any parses (manual or even with a parser) comparing pre/post LoR?

I ask, because I had deleted my old stuff - so I don't have anything to compare...but there is that odd feeling that damage is off on certain toons. One of those things where you've run countless instances with the toons and now it's taking longer to put stuff down sort of thing.

Can account for some of it, with certain toons, because of the changes to Infusers - but others just have me scratching my head wondering if I'm imagining things...
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mirai222 wrote: »
    Your two things don't negate the problem that the ally ships were getting wiped out very quickly, when that wasn't supposed to happen. It wasn't working as intended. Hence the fix.

I was doing 10k no problems now lucky to get 5
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I found a mission later that makes Devil's Choice look like a short nap.

The mission is called "Forging Bonds"; I'm supposed to go take out a load of True Way ships and weapon platforms over a mining world. There's probably something that comes after that; I may never learn, because I can't get past this bit. I died more here than in "Defense of New Romulus", and so far I've managed to take out a total of ONE weapon platform and NO ships.

The problem is that they're all clustered together - you wind up fighting at least one Galor, a Keldon (which is why I'm not sure how many Galors there are - the Keldon pops three photonic Galors as well), and a buttload of weapon platforms, both light and heavy. My Nimbus Pirate buddies were wiped out in moments; so were my warp echoes. I'm not sure if my fleet support ever even arrived.

So, if you get bored with "Defense of New Romulus" now, just go to DS9 and work your way up until they offer you "Forging Bonds".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    ... I would like to know what is going on with consoles atm my are not giving me the damage in was getting before...

Someone in my fleet said their damage seemed lower, they took their consoles off and put them back on and they are happier now.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Someone in my fleet said their damage seemed lower, they took their consoles off and put them back on and they are happier now.

That's what I was wondering, myself...whether it was just a need to reslot sort of thing. There are several things like that, but it was never an issue with Tac Consoles. If you logged in and were in normal/sector space, you'd have to reslot consoles/BOFFs...or you could just hit ground and go back to space to have it reslot everything for you. Course, somethings require reslotting after death...
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll be happy to be able to manage my mail and get more Nukara marks with CE elite.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

The mission is called "Forging Bonds";

It took me a while to remember that one. Yeah, it's a pain. Especially if a Gul holo-emitters a second wave of soldiers at you.

Just between you and me: The secret to beating it is lots of respawning.
    <3
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you cryptic for all you have done. the STO community really appreciates all your hard work and dedication to this game! I believe i speak for everyone when i say this is from all of us to you all at Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment:
    This is for ALL of you.
    when this thread hits multiples of 20 could someone please quote each time?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you this is very much appreciated, especially the EPTA bug.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    miramortalemiramortale Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An excellent start! ...Now just fix the bug that prevents me from wearing or editing five of my seven costume slots, and I'll be a happy camper.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Defense of Romulus nerfed? That was awesome!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

This game needs to make players fear death, I vote for a more harsher death penalty in game.

Everyone in your away team dies? Mission failed... none of this OMGLULZICANHASRESPAWNSIN15SECONDS. This will promote teamwork, focus fire and cross healing... maybe this will promote teamwork, focus fire and cross healing would make it to PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, we getting back everything we lost in our mail or what?
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
    <3
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for [finally] fixing the mail, and the other bug fixes.
    (My mailbox was so full, I had to use the Champions workaround
    once a day just to keep it under control ... a real pain.)

Here's hoping the deployment goes smoothly.
    [Unlike almost everything else since LoR was introduced,
    that averaged over 1 emergency shutdown per day.)
  • Options
    spock5550spock5550 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just want to say thank you for all the hard work and for getting these patches in. Also, thank you for posting the patch release notes!!
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for finally getting around to fixing these bugs Cryptic.

I look forward to being able to actually play PvEs without being booted after 5 seconds from most of them, and being able to delete my mail. I'm also glad to hear the Crystalline Entity and Defence of New Romulus missions are being adjusted.

Keep up the good work. :D
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let the Giant Bug Squash of 2013 commence as of tomorrow!!!

Think we need festive party poppers that spit out khelids and a giant fly swatter thst smacks them around to celebrate! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the Breen episode "Cold Storage"? There is a freaking mountain on our freaking Lobi Crystal and we can't get the accolade. I hope you guys fix it before the featured series rerun ends. :(
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a thank you for fixing the bugs.

I don't know if anyone has ever experienced this, but sometimes if I use evasive maneuvers, something happens and it gets stuck like a broken record (yes, I'm old enough to remember those).

What I mean is my ship will appear to try to turn, and then jerk back to where it was, over and over. Unless I warp out or let myself get blown up, or unless I get lucky and win anyway.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *Ticks off on his fingers*

Mail, Transwarp, Borg Red Alert, Zen for Ship Costumes and 'DoNR'... Looks like you got most of the big ones...

Most of the big ones?, Not quite yet, I don't see any mention to when the foundry is coming back online, and that is (to me) one of the biggest, because I can't test new weapons ship or ground unless I create a foundry mission to play using Timid NPC's to test my weapons without being blown to bits within seconds.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I don't see in the patch notes is :

- tune down of the insane amount of dropboxes we get as loot (offering means of gambling to minors is STILL a crime under the Californian Gambling Law).

- tune down of the ridiculious amount of useless drops of batteries, hyposprays, different kind of foods & drinks and other kind of junk.

- tune up of serious valuable drops so people can upgrade their character and or ship in a proper way without falling into an idiotic grind fest.

:mad:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

The mission is called "Forging Bonds"; I'm supposed to go take out a load of True Way ships and weapon platforms over a mining world. There's probably something that comes after that; I may never learn, because I can't get past this bit. I died more here than in "Defense of New Romulus", and so far I've managed to take out a total of ONE weapon platform and NO ships.

The problem is that they're all clustered together - you wind up fighting at least one Galor, a Keldon (which is why I'm not sure how many Galors there are - the Keldon pops three photonic Galors as well), and a buttload of weapon platforms, both light and heavy. My Nimbus Pirate buddies were wiped out in moments; so were my warp echoes. I'm not sure if my fleet support ever even arrived.

So, if you get bored with "Defense of New Romulus" now, just go to DS9 and work your way up until they offer you "Forging Bonds".

From the right, take out the Galor on the right.
    Come from the front, take out the three Light Platforms on the top.
    From the left, take out the Galor on the left.
    Toward the planet, take out the Heavy Platform.
    Go back to the front, take out the three Light Platforms on the bottom.
    Move in, take out the Keldon.
    Finish off the last Heavy Platform.

They're all spaced out far enough that you never have to engage more than one group (each group that I listed above). You'll never be within 10km of more than one group.

Makes it a very simple mission.
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sense launch of LOR iv been having smooth game play. This new patch is great, and will help everyone. Very happy to finally delete my mail, it will probably take a half an hour to delete everything:(

Thanx for this Cryptic, been waiting for this for a while now...Have fun everybody, taking the time to delete all our mail:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The issue with the New Romulus final space fight is not that it is hard or impossible to complete, but that it is frustrating and not very fun since the "wall" before you is a useless NPC support fleet and a bunch of high powered ships all grouped together on the other side. You cannot take on that much firepower in mission that does not give you any decent NPC support. I was able to take down the Command ship when I was finally able to drag (kite) it away from its other dreadnought buddies. Once that was done, it was a fair fight (even though it still mustered up the usual support ships). I did this mission with a KDF Raptor on my Rommie Commander, which was armed with quad cannons and heavy cannons, and other level appropriate gear for the level 30+ toon. It is a game, so there should be some challenge to it, but a "slap in the face" mission just make new players want to quit and old players to ask what the heck is wrong with the programmers.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »

- tune down of the insane amount of dropboxes we get as loot (offering means of gambling to minors is STILL a crime under the Californian Gambling Law).

You realize that the things you get out of lockboxes have zero cash value and this doesn't apply to people that live in the real world and know what currency is, right? Literally no one that understands what "gambling" is in legal terms isn't laughing at nonsense like this.

If you don't believe me and you're genuinely concerned for the future of DA CHILDREN and not just having a troll, be my guest and go find yourself a lawyer. Improve society through your social concern. Or, have him tell you exactly the same thing.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited June 2013

the only mission in the entire game ive ever seen someone able to fail (outside of optionals on elites and stfs etc) is the breen mission about the brain implant... when you interrogate wrong

afaik that is literally the only mission ive ever had to restart. everything else is a respawn or "try the talktree again"
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »

- tune down of the ridiculious amount of useless drops of batteries, hyposprays, different kind of foods & drinks and other kind of junk.

- tune up of serious valuable drops so people can upgrade their character and or ship in a proper way without falling into an idiotic grind fest.

:mad:

About the only thing in this vein id offer is that elite missions ought to give upgraded drops (and dont BS me, forum peeps, i know full well the drop chance is NOT higher on elite for purples. i get more on normal than anything else just because i can kill TRIBBLE faster)

Elite difficulty is a waste of time really. if im going to take 3 times as long to get through it, i want proper rewards other than ANOTHER mk x green sif generator console, kthx
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! Those patch notes fix pretty much every problem I have been having.
This discussion has been closed.