Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    it's not that, it's the invisatorps that get you.

Ah that old thing! I got hit with two of those today in ISE, full hull, full shield, instant death, twice! Not fun at all.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bug fix, bug fix, bug fix! XD sorry extremely excited about the bugs being fixed I have a Borg mission I need to turn in
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Ah that old thing! I got hit with two of those today in ISE, full hull, full shield, instant death, twice! Not fun at all.

i got hit 4 times in 5 minutes.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    b4k4ni wrote: »
    That and Volley is bugged. If one hit of volley crits, all crit. And unimatrix crits often and uses it a ****load of times.

Even in tankbuild with my oddy and borg mk xi (yeah, mkxii under way) or maco xii set i was killed after two hits if not instant

Ah yes I've been hit with that pre-LoR, even with RSP I didn't survive!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    topics today: Invisatorps and when downtime is!!:D Funnnnnnnnnn...
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Incessant whining is disrespectful. Pointing out that incessant whining is indeed incessant whining is not disrespectful, it is a simple statement of fact.

And we can continue back and forth for some time.
    Personally i would like to see these time vary so it is not always Europe which bites the bullet.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013

As to "proof," none is needed - it is simple common sense.

Actually if you think about it, the Maintenance always happens on wed or a thurs at 3pm gmt to about 5pm gmt...... as you lot keep saying it is an American server, im not saying its not i think what people are pi**ed about is all every1 saying this is a good time to do it. its not a good time, its in the just coming in to where every1 is on their way home and want to play STO! as it is a "American" server the down time "should" be on your times not this times, that way the programers get to go over the patch and see if it works and they did not make any unintended bugs. many many of you wont read this, i dont care....

ITS STILL A USA SERVER IT SHOULD BE DONE ON YOUR TIME ZONE LIKE MIDDAY!! YOUR TIME NOT WHEN PEOPLE ARE COMING HOME TO PLAY STO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    About bloo-
    tinead51 wrote: »
    About bloody time.:rolleyes:

Oh. :o
    Tuned down the difficulty of the elite Crystalline Entity encounter.

Excellent! Glad this got some priority, given all the trouble that went into fixing it and reintroducing it into the game. Any ETA on a patch to address the general lack of Romulan Boffs?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    And we can continue back and forth for some time.
    Personally i would like to see these time vary so it is not always Europe which bites the bullet.

except i'm in america and am being deprived, and 'offical' prime time is NOT currently in europe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    wetworth1wetworth1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the fixes, but any word about being able to respec?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    Actually if you think about it, the Maintenance always happens on wed or a thurs at 3pm gmt to about 5pm gmt...... as you lot keep saying it is an American server, im not saying its not i think what people are pi**ed about is all every1 saying this is a good time to do it. its not a good time, its in the just coming in to where every1 is on their way home and want to play STO! as it is a "American" server the down time "should" be on your times not this times, that way the programers get to go over the patch and see if it works and they did not make any unintended bugs. many many of you wont read this, i dont care....

ITS STILL A USA SERVER IT SHOULD BE DONE ON YOUR TIME ZONE LIKE MIDDAY!! YOUR TIME NOT WHEN PEOPLE ARE COMING HOME TO PLAY STO!!!!!!!

i read it and see your point, but the engineers need REST. less rest= more downtime to fix a fix that they screwed up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hive Elite is fine as it is, maybe u or your Team not ready for elite.

I will have to go ahead and disagree with you sir...Check the forums. People are getting hit with 300,000+ crits from the lances.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    167 posts in a half of a year! YAY!:D:D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I will have to go ahead and disagree with you sir...Check the forums. People are getting hit with 300,000+ crits from the lances.

don't forget the ever-popular INVISATORPS!

post #168
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It isn't about what is a good time for you or me - it is about what is a good time for the service overall. In other words, one that affects the fewest players.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i read it and see your point, but the engineers need REST. less rest= more downtime to fix a fix that they screwed up!

thank you.... 6am server maintenance is not good they should rest and look things over when they get to work not be rushed in to a fix that might work or might not, a longer time from when they start on a wed or thurs should give them the time they need to re check the code and make the game alot better for every1 .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It isn't about what is a good time for you or me - it is about what is a good time for the service overall. In other words, one that affects the fewest players.

as spock said, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wetworth1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the fixes, but any word about being able to respec?

You can respec right now. I had this issue myself but if you click the "undo all skills" (or something to that effect) button, it will allow you to do the respec. I tried multiple times and the game kept saying "there was a problem with your skills" until I clicked the undo button
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thank you.... 6am server maintenance is not good they should rest and look things over when they get to work not be rushed in to a fix that might work or might not, a longer time from when they start on a wed or thurs should give them the time they need to re check the code and make the game alot better for every1 .
    you are most welcome. i'm glad some people see my point.
    post #169.
    TeeHee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    dmastersondmasterson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The downtime has nothing to do with geography.... even if the servers are in America, if the majority of the playerbase was in Europe, they'd adjust the time to inconvienence less people.

This is just proof that there are more of us playing in America then there are elsewhere. Welcome to the minority, Europe. All this time proves is that there aren't as many subscribers in the Azores as everywhere else :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    167 posts in a half of a year! YAY!:D:D:D:D

I bet 100+ are replies to whiners and the rest to people like you and me who actually understand at least briefly what the reasoning is for the downtimes etc!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    wetworth1wetworth1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can respec right now. I had this issue myself but if you click the "undo all skills" (or something to that effect) button, it will allow you to do the respec. I tried multiple times and the game kept saying "there was a problem with your skills" until I clicked the undo button

Well TRIBBLE. Never tried that, thanks for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    The downtime has nothing to do with geography.... even if the servers are in America, if the majority of the playerbase was in Europe, they'd adjust the time to inconvienence less people.

This is just proof that there are more of us playing in America then there are elsewhere. Welcome to the minority, Europe. All this time proves is that there aren't as many subscribers in the Azores as everywhere else :)
    YES! finally someone gets it.
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I bet 100+ are replies to whiners and the rest to people like you and me who actually understand at least briefly what the reasoning is for the downtimes etc!

only 129 are to whiners. 2 are flames i regret and, yes, the rest are to the likes of people like you and some Gorn jokes.
    P.S. i started those.
    pps 170 posts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    except i'm in america and am being deprived, and 'offical' prime time is NOT currently in europe.

What part of "vary" do you not understand.

I'm not asking for downtime to be scheduled at times inconvenient for players in the US timezone, but i am asking for the downtime to vary so it is not always the European players who are hit by this.

Carry the burden through the whole community and not just Europe.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    only 129 are to whiners. 2 are flames i regret and, yes, the rest are to the likes of people like you and some Gorn jokes.
    P.S. i started those.

Never regret your flames - they can be some of your finest work! :D

Let's hear some of these Gorn jokes...
  • Options
    edited June 2013

In response to the quote you quoted, he's kind of proven the point, this is when the majority of EU players are "on their way home" to play STO, not already home, I'm affected by 8/10 downtimes if not more but I don't mind I can't understand why anyone would, are these the only hours that these people can play?! If so I'd suggest getting a different game!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Never regret your flames - they can be some of your finest work! :D

Let's hear some of these Gorn jokes...
    no, i was the cause of them being started, and boy were they Gorny.
    questerius wrote: »
    What part of "vary" do you not understand.

I'm not asking for downtime to be scheduled at times inconvenient for players in the US timezone, but i am asking for the downtime to vary so it is not always the European players who are hit by this.

Carry the burden through the whole community and not just Europe.
    but then more players are inconvenienced.
    talk to Branflakes or a community manager for more info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am the great Gornholio!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Maybe they learn to fly, or stop parking. If u don't move u get hit for sure. IMHO it has nothing to do with elite to park somewhere in space. Elite means u Need to be very good at a Mission to Claim the reward. If 1% can do it, it is working as intended. Elite. Per description a very small Group of all Players. Also all other Elite STF Need to be more challenging. Infected Space Elite has nothing to to with elite. It is so easy any Level 50 Player with some idea and green mk V equip can do.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    somewhere there is a thread with gorn jokes, i just can't find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.