Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Ok,
    a) they take the server down when the least amount of people are on,
    b) EU prime time is in about 1 or 2 hours from now, when people get home from work, time zone dependant of course, I'm in the uk so for me it's 2 hours when our prime time begins, for the dutch, french and germans it's more toward the 1 hour mark.

Regarding your remark a) who says?
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    should we get Branflakes in here to arbitrate the matter?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    should we get Branflakes in here to arbitrate the matter?

Why bother? Will it stop the incessant whining?

I doubt it...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    totenmet wrote: »

the statistics on server usage.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The server is in america, and the engineers need their sleep. without that, it will mean more downtime because they goofed something in their haste to give you a game.

then they should do the down time in the middle of the usa day not at 6am lol, if they did it at mid-day or 1pm or 2pm it would be perfect for them. late in the day and they would have more time to get bug fixes done and everything they need. i know many many of u small minded us players will dissagree but i dont care and its logical as it is a US server, do the down time in ur times not ours lolz
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why bother? Will it stop the incessant whining?

I doubt it...

it will..... on this matter.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know you normally hear complaints and discontented players flaming you with rage but I for one am Thankful for all your hard work and determination to make this already great game better. For me DOS and C++ were a challenge, I hate to think what the codes for a game like this are like. I don't think people realize what it takes to bring a game like this to life, they just want everything done NOW and on my schedule. Even with DEVs working shifts round the clock these thing are going to take time. It's worth waiting a few hours to have bugs fixed and improvements added. So thank you again and keep up the good work.:)
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    then they should do the down time in the middle of the usa day not at 6am lol, if they did it at mid-day or 1pm or 2pm it would be perfect for them. late in the day and they would have more time to get bug fixes done and everything they need. i know many many of u small minded us players will dissagree but i dont care and its logical as it is a US server, do the down time in ur times not ours lolz

except if they did that, which i would be ok with, then there would be more people on and more angry customers when the server went down. no offence, but the number players in prime time right now are very small.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's been posted countless times by Dev's and others, one in particular I've seen post it at least three times in one thread (though I can't remember his name off hand).
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's been posted countless times by Dev's and others, one in particular I've seen post it at least three times in one thread (though I can't remember his name off hand).

i've seen it twice here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [QUOTE=spacebreeder;10615301...

nice to see and u fix 3 of the main 4 problems u also need to fix the hive elite that's just as fracked as the Crystalline elite is[/QUOTE]

Hive Elite is fine as it is, maybe u or your Team not ready for elite.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    it will..... on this matter.:)

You are far more optimistic than I, my friend.

If I am not mistaken, this has officially been stated in the past - but that hasn't stopped the whiners...
  • Options
    edited June 2013

your quote not working...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And as has been explained countless times, the point of which you seem to miss completely, is that companies schedule their down times for times of statistically lowest usage. I'm pretty sure they aren't scheduling it with "TRIBBLE the Europeans" in mind.

Maintenance will always affect someone. With my work schedule, it usually impacts my prime play time as well. So goes life. If I hate it that much, I can cancel my subscription and not come back - but it is hardly worth throwing tantrums over it, week after week.

There is absoluly no proof that at 16:00CET the least users are affected.

And even if it is so:

Then still the SAME users are affected. Which is disrespectfull towards lots of customers. Because ALWAYS the same area suffers from this downtime schedule the most.

Having always downtime on the same moment of the day on a global scale game, IS disrespectful.

It saddens me that people who are not affected don't even seem willingly to see my point. If I would not be affected, but others, I would still say the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You are far more optimistic than I, my friend.

If I am not mistaken, this has officially been stated in the past - but that hasn't stopped the whiners...

then 3rd millionth times a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i've seen it twice here.

Yeah I've notcied a few people post it here, the person I'm thinking of has admin' rights of some kind but has the "my views may not represent Cryptic" disclaimer in his signature. He's a community moderator or something like that, I'd go searching old posts but it'd take too much time/effort XD
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited June 2013

And even if it is so:

Then still the SAME users are affected. Which is disrespectfull towards lots of customers. Because ALWAYS the same area suffers from this downtime schedule the most.

Having always downtime on the same moment of the day on a global scale game, IS disrespectful.

It saddens me that people who are not affected don't even seem willingly to see my point. If I would not be affected, but others, I would still say the same.

dude, it isn't even prime time in most of europe, but it is n the middle of the atlantic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    b4k4nib4k4ni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone knows if the pet hangar bugs gets also fixed with this? So you can buy the jem hangar pets again?

[EDIT] And about the timing - honestly it's fine. I'm from germany and its between 16.00-18.00 (GMT+1 here). So in the time most companys close and you can get home, eat something and play then.

Ok, wont work if you still go to school, but in that case I'm sure there is still SOME homework to do, something to learn or GET THE **** OUT :P

We have sunshine right now after a long time... (Here at least)

Almost had to google wtf that big, orange ball in the sky actually is.

And still sitting in the comp., waiting for a backup to finish :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I've notcied a few people post it here, the person I'm thinking of has admin' rights of some kind but has the "my views may not represent Cryptic" disclaimer in his signature. He's a community moderator or something like that, I'd go searching old posts but it'd take too much time/effort XD

oh, him. yeah, how do you get to be a community moderator?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I heard that the Unimatrix's can one shot you at spawn with their lances, but I've not done Hive since LoR came out so I can't say for sure.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I heard that the Unimatrix's can one shot you at spawn with their lances, but I've not done Hive since LoR came out so I can't say for sure.

it's not that, it's the invisatorps that get you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    borgybroborgybro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so when you say, "mail is fixed and you can delete" does that mean the mail that holds my unsold items will have a "take" button that works? also, since mail was coming in, i think a lot of those mails that had items to be taken have been moved out so how am i to be compensated for it...?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    borgybro wrote: »
    so when you say, "mail is fixed and you can delete" does that mean the mail that holds my unsold items will have a "take" button that works? also, since mail was coming in, i think a lot of those mails that had items to be taken have been moved out so how am i to be compensated for it...?

mail will have to be manually deleted, and items must be clamed from a freighter/mail station.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

And even if it is so:

Actually, if you had bothered to read what I said, although I am in the US, with my work schedule it also impacts my prime time to play. But I am not whining about it, even though it impacts me in the exact same way that it impacts you.

As to "proof," none is needed - it is simple common sense.

Maintenance happens, and people will be affected by it. Simple logic dictates that companies hosting online services are fully aware of this, and strive to minimize the impact. I don't see a company saying "Well, let's affect more users that we have to, so that makes things more fair." That is, frankly, an idiotic assumption to make.

It is not "disrespectful." It is a fact of life. And as the great Dennis Leary once said, "Life sucks, get a f'ing helmet." Life is not fair, even in important thing - let alone in a freaking game.

What is truly disrespectful is for you and your ilk to reject reality and bring the same whining temper tantrums on here week after week after week, and reject any and all explanations as to why this is, in order to demand that you get your way and TRIBBLE everyone else. Grow up. This is a game. Once a week you can hang with goiung outside for a few hours, or spending some time with your family.

it
    is
    just
    a
    game
    you
    will
    survive
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually, if you had bothered to read what I said, although I am in the US, with my work schedule it also impacts my prime time to play. But I am not whining about it, even though it impacts me in the exact same way that it impacts you.

As to "proof," none is needed - it is simple common sense.

Maintenance happens, and people will be affected by it. Simple logic dictates that companies hosting online services are fully aware of this, and strive to minimize the impact. I don't see a company saying "Well, let's affect more users that we have to, so that makes things more fair." That is, frankly, an idiotic assumption to make.

It is not "disrespectful." It is a fact of life. And as the great Dennis Leary once said, "Life sucks, get a f'ing helmet." Life is not fair, even in important thing - let alone in a freaking game.

What is truly disrespectful is for you and your ilk to reject reality and bring the same whining temper tantrums on here week after week after week, and reject any and all explanations as to why this is, in order to demand that you get your way and TRIBBLE everyone else. Grow up. This is a game. Once a week you can hang with goiung outside for a few hours, or spending some time with your family.

it
    is
    just
    a
    game
    you
    will
    survive

seconded. that origional message, i believe,the one with the whining, by totenmet, could be considered a flame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Btw calling people who ARE always affected "winers" is also disrespectfull. Because these customers ARE always affected. If they are affected always, so they can epress that they are affected always when this happens.

If this so called "wining" of the same people is an issue, than also rotating downtimes would solve that.

So basically people who have a problem with people that are always "wining" about the downtime when they are again affected by it, should then favor also rotating downtime, because that would solve this annoyance.
  • Options
    b4k4nib4k4ni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That and Volley is bugged. If one hit of volley crits, all crit. And unimatrix crits often and uses it a ****load of times.

Even in tankbuild with my oddy and borg mk xi (yeah, mkxii under way) or maco xii set i was killed after two hits if not instant
  • Options
    edited June 2013

And even if it is so:

Well actually since I started playing the usual Thursday downtime has shifted by an hour a few times especially today... Because it's not even Thursday! I see what you're getting at but to change it would mean a lot more people would get affected by the downtime causing more complaints like yours, if for example they put it at 1pm their time as you, or someone, suggested then you'd have x amount of players from that time making exactly the same complaint, if they kept shifting the maint' window around each week there'd no doubt be x amount of player complaining that they're never constant with the time they have maintenance for PWE/Cryptic no matter what they do with maint' it'll be a lose lose situation.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Btw calling people who ARE always affected "winers" is also disrespectfull. Because these customers ARE always affected. If they are affected always, so they can epress that they are affected always when this happens.

If this so called "wining" of the same people is an issue, than also rotating downtimes would solve that.

So basically people who have a problem with people that are always "wining" about the downtime when they are again affected by it, should then favor also rotating downtime, because that would solve this annoyance.

read previous posts! we do care, but it is currently NOT primetime in europe, and this is the time when the LEAST amount of players are on. want a solution? get more people to play so that downtime is then so it affects the least amount of players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Incessant whining is disrespectful. Pointing out that incessant whining is indeed incessant whining is not disrespectful, it is a simple statement of fact.

And as someone who is always impacted by the down time, I vote no on your idea. Just because it hits me all the time doesn't mean that I think it should impact greater numbers of people.
This discussion has been closed.