Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    What I don't see in the patch notes is :

- tune down of the insane amount of dropboxes we get as loot (offering means of gambling to minors is STILL a crime under the Californian Gambling Law).

- tune down of the ridiculious amount of useless drops of batteries, hyposprays, different kind of foods & drinks and other kind of junk.

- tune up of serious valuable drops so people can upgrade their character and or ship in a proper way without falling into an idiotic grind fest.

:mad:

I thought the same way about lockboxes until I came to the realization that people will buy them in the exchange as long as you don't price them too high. This is a great way to make EC. The exchange is a great place to get the Green, Blue and Purple items you want although most of them are set way to expensive for most people. Also you need to remember that most of the stuff on the exchange are things people don't want.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    I thought the same way about lockboxes until I came to the realization that people will buy them in the exchange as long as you don't price them too high. This is a great way to make EC. The exchange is a great place to get the Green, Blue and Purple items you want although most of them are set way to expensive for most people. Also you need to remember that most of the stuff on the exchange are things people don't want.

It's unfortunate, but true.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and we will go deaf from This.

I am just saying quietly that this maintenance was long overdue. Proof for it is that the game dropped me exactly 1 hour before scheduled maintenance time, and could not log back in at all.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    sheridantovisheridantovi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    May i say this is the beginning of the day for some people say in GMT-8 it is 8 am where IF the severs are in the GMT -8 timezone then this is the BEGINNING of the day for them, some start at 5 am LOCAL time ie WHERE THEY live, now if this is the start of the day of a few hours in for them and this also happens to be when the least amount of people are playing it makes sense to patch and fix things now, 2 big reasons they have all day to see what happens for one and the other dose not matter to me as i would rather see the game fixed and down at the same time when they take it down as I can plan accordingly. yes we live in a 24 hour world that runs all the time but it still takes us humans to fix things.
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "The final wave of "The Defense of New Romulus" has been tuned to be more achievable."

Only took, what, a month of constant badgering?
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    I am just saying quietly that this maintenance was long overdue. Proof for it is that the game dropped me exactly 1 hour before scheduled maintenance time, and could not log back in at all.

directorvance, i hate you. you made me go Deaf!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    somewhere there is a thread with gorn jokes, i just can't find it.

I think it's Gorn away somewhere...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    My Mailbox really needs a laxative, it's been plugged up for weeks.:eek: Thanks Dev team. :o

Haha! Yeah, I've got about 20 minutes of mail deleting to do lol!

Btw, I love your signature lol I used to play that game in school!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I have to say that the patch notes are really good looking. Thank you for fixing so many things. Here's hoping everything works beyond expectations :P
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no, i was the cause of them being started, and boy were they Gorny.

but then more players are inconvenienced.
    talk to Branflakes or a community manager for more info.

But not the same players every time and that is what counts. By continuing the maintenance at times that severely inconveniences players from one particular timezone you grow discontent.

Vary the times at which maintenance is performed and the source for said discontent is taken away. 15-17 or 16-18 are the times at which you have "personal time" without work or appointments during the evening. So it is most certainly "prime time" for Europe.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »

I think people fail to realize this is "reality." When you salvage wreckage (think a shipwreck, or a tornado, or whatever) the overwhelming majority of what you are going to find is "junk."

If they cut out the junk and only give good drops, then what is the point of things being "uncommon," "rare," and "very rare?"
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sortof wrote: »

If it kicked you off 1 hour and 17 minutes ago, it was definitely maintenance...just sayin.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I think it's Gorn away somewhere...

or a community manager saw it and has now gorn mad and deleted it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    May i say this is the beginning of the day for some people say in GMT-8 it is 8 am where IF the severs are in the GMT -8 timezone then this is the BEGINNING of the day for them, some start at 5 am LOCAL time ie WHERE THEY live, now if this is the start of the day of a few hours in for them and this also happens to be when the least amount of people are playing it makes sense to patch and fix things now, 2 big reasons they have all day to see what happens for one and the other dose not matter to me as i would rather see the game fixed and down at the same time when they take it down as I can plan accordingly. yes we live in a 24 hour world that runs all the time but it still takes us humans to fix things.

I think we've also missed the fact that these things are announced, I think I've only seen one unscheduled maint' that hasn't given at least 30mins warning for people to 'prepare'.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    the launcher is patching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    directorvance, i hate you. you made me go Deaf!

oh, wait, directorvance is my other account...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ty for the info
  • Options
    sheridantovisheridantovi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did not mention that due to the fact I did not want to overtly make people feel less intelligent than they are or are not.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I want to take your sig and adapt it lol

"this is a flame, if you do not consider it a flame, i apologize. it is meant as such."
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tantho wrote: »
    Well I have to say that the patch notes are really good looking. Thank you for fixing so many things. Here's hoping everything works beyond expectations :P

Aim for hoping that half the things work almost as expected, less chance of dissapointment
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I did not mention that due to the fact I did not want to overtly make people feel less intelligent than they are or are not.

???What???
    :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vorga113 wrote: »
    Aim for hoping that half the things work almost as expected, less chance of dissapointment

who knows maybe it'll work out so well they accidentally fix bugs that weren't there before XD
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I want to take your sig and adapt it lol

"this is a flame, if you do not consider it a flame, i apologize. it is meant as such."

Lol, but it is a Disclamer. not a sig. it is part of my sig, but it is a disclamer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so does this mean we can actually complete the tau dewa red alert now?
    i still havent been able to play it, always get booted out as soon as i go in, so i gave up a long time ago being fooled by the red alert button in that sector

so is it fixed or still broken?
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    who knows maybe it'll work out so well they accidentally fix bugs that weren't there before XD

YES!!!! So much, YES!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    read previous posts! we do care, but it is currently NOT primetime in europe, and this is the time when the LEAST amount of players are on. want a solution? get more people to play so that downtime is then so it affects the least amount of players.

Of course its the time the least players are online because the game taken offline then, so no players CAN be online.
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YES!!!! So much, YES!

:)

btw how do you make a sig? I haven't been on a forum in a long time
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    now, after this, let's have a nice, long server crash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    It is utterly offencive that ALLWAYS during Europe Prime hours maintenance is done.

Very disrespectfull. Maintenance windows should be rotating so that downtime is not always in the same area during primetime.

This is an old gripe but i'm just real confused how you think YOU'RE prime playing time is the rest of Europe. It's currently 5:23pm in Main land Europe.

Prime time for gaming is usually around 7pm - 10pm - Source. and i get these are US stats and based off one company but you can be pretty sure these tends apply else where, and can likely be based around the 'Normal' working day.

So even if they have to extend by an hour, they still won't be cutting into prime time for main land Europe.

The point of this, please stop complaining it's in prime time for your region when it's really just a personal gripe.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    :)

btw how do you make a sig? I haven't been on a forum in a long time

on the user control panel is a 'edit signature' button. do it there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.