Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for fixing these:

-Pve que 5 second kickout bug. We needed this fix badly.

Now I can level my romulan alts trough Gorn minefiel and get millions of EC from low level purple drops, which I can use for reputation and stuff. Great!

-Mail delete : Yeah, all those exchange notes are getting a bit too much.

-Defense of New Romulus : I had to help all my fleet mates and friends through this mission.

-Crystalline fix : Sounds like it was needed.

The enemy command ships are ridiculously hard ,or they were, before they met my fleet AP dual heavies and blew up.

Npcs were useless. It was doable, but only after teaming up with a level 50 romulan in a fleet Mogai. The mission overall is well done, it was just the difficulty that was off scale.

That should not be a requirement for storyline missions.
    What if player X does not have a friend with "kill-everything" gear?

Yes this needed to be fixed. As for the challange seekers... go make a foundry mission for yourself, or try doing elite stfs with very bad pugs.

Thanks for the most-needed bugfixes, Cryptic.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    echatty wrote: »
    Just a thank you for fixing the bugs.

I don't know if anyone has ever experienced this, but sometimes if I use evasive maneuvers, something happens and it gets stuck like a broken record (yes, I'm old enough to remember those).

What I mean is my ship will appear to try to turn, and then jerk back to where it was, over and over. Unless I warp out or let myself get blown up, or unless I get lucky and win anyway.

The solution is to hit "X" to change your camera tracking and hit again to return to chase. This has worked for me every time I get that display bug.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Wednesday, June 5th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thank you thank you thank you! Oh... and did I say yet?.... Thank You! And God Bless you all.
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about gold membership, many players said they bought gold only for you guys to drop the subscription to not active just a few days later...any fix anytime SOON for that?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    blunted74 wrote: »
    Thank you! Those patch notes fix pretty much every problem I have been having.

The "bridge officers not fully loading until you click on them" bug is still there.
    Next patch I hope...
  • Options
    antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome work guys, much appreciated.

Might i also add to all those who were complaining non stop "Patience is a virtue and always pays off".
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    The problem is that they're all clustered together - you wind up fighting at least one Galor, a Keldon (which is why I'm not sure how many Galors there are - the Keldon pops three photonic Galors as well)

If you're having real problems with the photonic Galor's, just run away\cloak until they fizzle out then you've got 3-4 mins before they come back again.

Also is an "Item sold" mail purge a possibility, because I'm deleting all of those mails manually.
    And what about the 100 item limit? It was never announced as a change so it's a bug, has that been fixed?
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally some bug fix... I hope we will have soon more fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    iggygreeniggygreen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so i see they intend to patch the booting from matches but what about fixing the pve/pvp queue in the first place? every time i try and join a match it tells me im already queued so i cant play pve/p at all
  • Options
    twinsen2012twinsen2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice fixes bug fix the JHAS frigates I can get them I have both ships
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great to see the issues listed are being fixed, I didn't see anything on the auto-target of mines when trying to use buffs sometimes (thus causing the buff to pass to the mine), is that included? Or am I the only one experiencing that?

I posted a bug report and made a forum post about it...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As said in another post ABOUT TIME.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Results at last!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woohooo B'rel customization has been fixed! :D

Finally! I don't need no silly Exeter to customize my B'rel! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Great to see the issues listed are being fixed, I didn't see anything on the auto-target of mines when trying to use buffs sometimes (thus causing the buff to pass to the mine), is that included? Or am I the only one experiencing that?

I posted a bug report and made a forum post about it...

not only to mines i heard that even enemy ship can get your buffs ... one said he healed the enemy ship 3 times and not himself like he wanted ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay Cryptic! THANK YOU! Pve que fixed and mail. Good work guys!
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a shame that Devil's Choice had to be nerfed, but anybody that saw the plethora of threads (and was confounded by them) would have been lying to themselves if they thought it was not going to be made even easier for the very casual player.

Although it did not require anything out of the ordinary from the player, it was obvious from the countless threads and even more countless posts in those threads that the minimum effort required to complete the mission was simply asking far too much.

It presented a great opportunity for those that had no issue in the least with the mission, those that applied themselves a little to the mission, and those willing to take any small steps to improve their capabilities in STO to come together as a community building exercise. There were simply too many that were not willing though, and thus the great opportunity was lost. Hopefully, that does not prevent any such further endeavors by those that like to think of STO as having a community from coming together as a community.

The mission had set a casual/base level with some of the AI improvements that have been made in the game, and it offered an exciting showcase of the sort of potential content that Cryptic can produce to rock and roll their players. Down the road, should additional non-Borg STFs be considered - or even additional PvE events - a ramped up version of the pre-nerf version of Defense of Romulus would make a great starting point for a regular version of a New Romulus STF. Then beef it up even further for the Elite version, and there could definitely be some challenge added to the endgame.

Devil's Choice, amped up, could be a nifty foundation for both Ground and Space New Romulus STFs.

Again, it's a shame it had to be nerfed to accommodate certain players - but again, it was completely understandable unfortunately...

Can't thank the system folks/content folks/artists/et al enough for the effort they've put into LoR. Yeah, there's more than a handful of things to address...but LoR is absolutely stunning. Thanks guys.

I think most of us like a fair challenge, but this mission had players like me who has been here since the game was released, who knows our way round builds, and have learned a lot of different tactics.

This mission had seasoned players struggeling, not to mention new players.

I tried so many different builds, so many tactics, including cloaking and alpha striking, but in my case, ended up zerging the command ship. I doubt that zerging the command ship was the intent of this mission, and I would guess the fact that seasoned players, who knows the game, and new players kept going boom so many times, was certainly not intended.

I know we have some hard core players that likes impossible odds thrown at them left, right and center, but most players are causual players that do not want said challenges, they want to play when they have the time for it, and have a fun time playing a balanced game. So most players like as I said a fair challenge, but not impossible nearly no-win scenarios thrown at them.

Needs of the many outweighs the need of the few, and all that you know ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    not only to mines i heard that even enemy ship can get your buffs ... one said he healed the enemy ship 3 times and not himself like he wanted ...

Ouch, not experienced that thankfully! I've checked all my control options and keybinds thinking it may have been something I've changed but it's definitely not, I don't even have key binds to target ally ships other than F1-F4 to target team
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've never been so happy to see a patch! This one's good. o7 Thank you!!:D
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, sorry, I won't be able to PVP tonight. Gonna take me a couple of hours to delete all my mail....:D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did the server just go down or am I the only one prevented logging back in after being dropped ?
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    Did the server just go down or am I the only one prevented logging back in after being dropped ?

yep ,planned maintenance :D
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First there was no ingame attentioning (dear players the server will go down ...) second based on the given time and my local time, it went down an hour earlier.

This is why I thought it is not scheduled.

I will be happy if it will take only two hours form now. :)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sortof wrote: »

I'm still in...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    nitehawk27nitehawk27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sure, lower the difficulty level the day after i beat that level... lol well at least i can say i beat it when it was stupid hard...
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was in... there is a .5 hours to go until the downtime. this patching is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna be worth it. i have an inbox of 500-550 emails that i need to delete.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, sorry, I won't be able to PVP tonight. Gonna take me a couple of hours to delete all my mail....:D

ur lucky imagin a few hundred mail everyday for 3 years. im screwed it would take me days just to delete my mail.

DELETE ALL button PLS cryptic, and an option dont mail me when i sold TRIBBLE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe you nerfed the last part of Defense of New Romulus so it was "Achievable"?? C'mon guys, it was perfectly achievable. Stop pandering to the care bear crowd by nerfing anything remotely challenging...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    directorvancedirectorvance Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    directorvancedirectorvance Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The server will go down in 9 mins because of This.
This discussion has been closed.