What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 24, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    skymarshall3skymarshall3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance you can get the team to fix the bug that stops some kdf toons from collecting the firework emote at the barracks please :P
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Can't Finish "bigger Picture"! And Nobody Cares! No Answers From The Bug Support.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious but what happened to the special accolade or title for playing in the Tribble weekend for over an hour? I have sent tickets on other items that involves characters and game and game play issues.:D
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Do we get a shiney item for this eternal Server not Responding bug when it's fixed? It would be nice :P
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Can't Finish "bigger Picture"! And Nobody Cares! No Answers From The Bug Support.

THANKS! For ignoring Me!
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about players that can't make a rom char a bug forced a friend of mine in sto to delete his KDF char
  • Options
    darkoveroddarkoverod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully this will fix my mail (And ability to see my own Trouble Tickets) even though it's not actually in the patch notes.
  • Options
    byronbaalbyronbaal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the fact that nobody even touches the subject that us regular f2p users still have to que

are there any real fixes for that planned ?, or is that just going to be used as an extra encouragement to get ppl to get life time sub's ?
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byronbaal wrote: »
    I like the fact that nobody even touches the subject that us regular f2p users still have to que

are there any real fixes for that planned ?, or is that just going to be used as an extra encouragement to get ppl to get life time sub's ?

Fix for that is easy, subscribe.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    darkoveroddarkoverod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to agree with Ravin here, even as an F2P user myself :P So long as I'm not stuck for two hours in a queue like I was on the 21st when I was foolish enough to log off to get some food I don't mind XP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    Fix for that is easy, subscribe.

so you just give my question a once over and answer it with a quasi sales pitch

i thank i better ask my question very specifically, will the log in ques ever be officially fixed without the need for people hiving to go sub or lifetime ?,

WITHOUT HAVING TO SUB OR GO LIFE TIME is the key here
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great patch,thanks devs, for making upgrade's cannceleble also, otherwise i and some people i konw couldnt even start at1 tholian upgrade XD
  • Options
    cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thank i better ask my question very specifically, will the log in ques ever be officially fixed without the need for people hiving to go sub or lifetime ?,

Your question implies that the login queues are broken. They are in fact working as intended in that they queue up F2P players to allow as many to log in as are possible at any one given time.

You can't "fix" the fact that too many f2p players are all logging on at the same time. If you don't wanna wait, subscribe. If you don't wanna subscribe, go play on your xbox until the buzz from the expansion dies down, and with it the number of f2p noobs trying to log in.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear STO Team,

I just logged in for an hour last night and was shocked by all the interface changes, all in all I think you've done a really good job...can't wait to explore my pre order pack this weekend.

I was so pleased I was given the ability to pick new traits for my Captain...as I was new when I created her.. SCI - Vulcan - Female
    Now I finally have all the space traits I wished for after TRIBBLE up (taking the default traits for Vulcans - All Ground traits)..I am really happy about it.

And I think Im going to pay for the lifetime...because you guys do a great job with this game.. I love it.

Live Long and Prosper STO Team. \\//_
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think just fixing the mail bug isn't enough. A mail system overhaul is in order, this is probably the absolutely worst mail system of any online game I've seen.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your question implies that the login queues are broken. They are in fact working as intended in that they queue up F2P players to allow as many to log in as are possible at any one given time.

You can't "fix" the fact that too many f2p players are all logging on at the same time. If you don't wanna wait, subscribe. If you don't wanna subscribe, go play on your xbox until the buzz from the expansion dies down, and with it the number of f2p noobs trying to log in.

well thank you for a well thought out ( if not somewhat sarcastic) reply

but you seem to not realize that another dedicated server or two could handle all the influx traffic , so yes, you can "fix" having too many players logging in , by responding to how much traffic there is

but i guess that would not be a viable solution economically , so the current situation will continue until interest dies down
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so you just give my question a once over and answer it with a quasi sales pitch

WITHOUT HAVING TO SUB OR GO LIFE TIME is the key here

F2P ("Lapsed Gold" technically, but for 2 days I had the 20k+ queues) here, haven't seen a queue since emergency maintenance on the 22nd. Didn't sub, didn't go lifetime.

You're welcome. :P
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just thinking to my self today maybe i should add up how often this game is down.

Two days and 2 hours in the past few days that's excluding emergency downtime when i was asleep.

Though i will say i hope you do fix some issues like...

Lag
    Sever/game not responding (insert counter here)...
    Onslaught Hive issues
    Tholian Red Alert

But i doubt it, seeing as you have only really mentioned a... cancel button. which i only used yesterday :confused:
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are in the business of making money. There has to be some disadvantage for not paying for your gaming experience...
    If F2Pers get shafted by queue times...well then thats what you get (you get what you pay for)... I'm a F2P as well at the moment.
    Seriously though, I've never waited that long for a PVE to start up. I really dont find the wait's very long at all. Like really, the longest I wait is like 2 mins...I dont find it that bad at all. Maybe I'm just patient though...
    But anyway, I think I am going to just bite the bullet and buy the Lifetime... I figure ill play this game for at least a couple more years..
    And I'm not gonna get suckered into buying a "New Console" (Same recycled and repacked games on consoles these days..) Not this time XBOX and PLAYSTATION.
    I'll be here, for the immediate future
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "General Server Stability"?

So, they're finally bolting the server racks to the floor?

;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YAY !
    I finally get the launcher to work after 6 weeks by restoring a completely patched game from a friends PC to mine only to watch it launch into a patch loop last night and make it to a staggering 1.5% completion 8 hours later, and to now know it will be interrupted to be repatched this morning.
    :D

MAN, I love this game.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After playing through the first 25 levels, the only thing I have to say is, "worth the wait". As long as Cryptic is taking care of the bugs, I have no problem with this downtime.

Worth the wait.

:)
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we fix the mail system ?

I have about 500 - 1000 mails which need to get deleted....

Oh and please give the borg spheres a different skill then emergancy power to engines. Instead of fighting they run like hell and i have a hard time to catch them. Makes the borg look really stupid, why would they run ?

I would understand if they use this ability to engage the players but they don't. They might shoot once or twice and then they run like hell.

Just a thought.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice, I can finally cancel one of my projects that have been sitting there since time began

The new content is well worth the wait.. tons of new stuff to do, new ships, cloths, characters, and places that tie very well with the rest of the story. I hope to play the kdf new story line soon as well
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    nyrexxnyrexx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    "General Server Stability"?

So, they're finally bolting the server racks to the floor?

;)

As an IT manager I laughed way to hard at that.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well, the only "fix" to long queues is more server capacity. Can't see Cryptic upgrading that now, so it's either queue or subscribe.

Glad to see this patch makes rep projects cancellable. Can we get the same for fleet projects?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any ETA of the mail-delete bug fix? it's gonna take ages to delete exchange mails, especially with this whole new-lockbox-opening-hype thing going on...
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monodoso wrote: »
    It seems to me that the problems everyone is having with the loading screens stopping and getting server not responding is not top priority for Cryptic. I hope on Sunday when I get back from vacation that this issue will be settled. I have made some purchases in game and if this game isn't fixed and I can't utilize them, I may consult a lawyer and see what my options are for cryptic not honoring their side of the deal. If this keeps progressing the way it is, I would love to see a class action suit against the developers. Maybe then they will get it into their heads.

You know, I'm sick and tired of people threatening to sue Cryptic over the issues the last few days. Apparently, people like you have never experienced the launch of a game or expansion pack before. I have, on 3 different MMOs, and I'll tell you. NO launch day ever goes smoothly. It's the unforunate evil of releasing new stuff. Everyone wants to try it, and Game developers cannot successfully predict the numbers, nor are they going to set up servers in excess of what they might need, because it's a bad business model, and results in server space being reduced later on. Bioware made that mistake with SWTOR, and within 3 months of launching SWTOR, they shut down almost 40% of the servers they had set up, and transfered everyone off those servers, and put them on what was left.

Furthermore, even if a court were willing to hear this case (which they wouldn't), and you won your stupid little lawsuit, people like me would then turn around and sue YOU, for costing US an investment. Because, more than likely, your little suit would cause Cryptic to shut down, which in turn would more than likely see Neverwinter, STO, and CO shut down. And players from all three games would be pissed. Especially those of us that spent money to keep these games going. So, I suggest that people like you quit threatening Cryptic with lawsuits. Otherwise, I might start threatening YOU with a lawsuit. Honestly, people like you should be banned from this game.

I managed to complete this mission yesterday on my Romulan. You clearly did something wrong. Start it over. And READ the mission text, instead of just flipping through it like you do everything else.
  • Options
    khessmd1968khessmd1968 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    I thought that this thread was supposed to tell us about what
    the patch will do, not just that there will be a "new patch"?

For example, will we be able to delete mail again after this patch?

Thank you :-)

I take it you missed on the little blue clickable link that takes you to the patch notes.
  • Options
    nakor69nakor69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After sitting in que for several hours the other day I went ahead and bought the lifetime subscription. I haven't been able to log into my main character since, he's stuck in the infinite "server not responding" bug. I made a new Romulan character to play but I would really like to be able to play my main character as that's the whole reason I paid for the subscription in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.