What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    For the Kurland and Adina options, the Adina one currently links to Kurland.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Cuatela wrote:
    Hey Blackavaar, dunno if you saw it yet, but a "Vedic" robe has been sneaked into the off-duty robe section. Top, Bottom, and chest options.

Kool. On Holodeck or Tribble?
    For the Kurland and Adina options, the Adina one currently links to Kurland.

Link fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Sorry guys but I have no updates for you this week. I figured since I was redoing the WoK uniforms I might as well redo the Security and Enlisted uniforms (to better represent them) as well as some details of the others, so it's taking me longer than I had anticipated. However, I was able to get a few new things done I think you might like.

DS9 Command Variant - Captain James Kurland
    DS9 Operations Variant - Commander Adina Charles

These have been added to the 25th Century Variants section for easy reference.

and....

Klingon Baldrics (Sashes)

For these I chose the uniforms I thought looked best with each just for display purposes. They work well with most any Klingon uniform however. Why these only become available at certain ranks is beyond me as rank really has nothing to do with them except in the case of TOS where only the Commander ever wore a baldric. The symbols and medals on these are representative of a Klingons House and/or the battles in which they have fought and have nothing to do with rank. I listed the most appropriate time period for each also. I hope you like them.

ENT/Merc Style - Available at Lt Commander

T01 01
    T01 02
    T01 03

TOS Style - Available at Commander

T02 01
    T02 02
    T02 03

TNG Style - Available at Captain

T03 01
    T03 02
    T03 03

25th Century Style Available at Admiral

T04 01
    T04 02
    T04 03
    T04 04

Enjoy!

Wow! Those are all absolutely great! I don't have a Klingon character but I do have Starfleet Klingon bridge officers and I looooooooong for the baldrics to be made available for them because I really want to put those guides of yours in to practice.

As for the Starfleet variants...great! Thanks for adding those! Will we be seeing more NPC Starfleet Uniforms added in the future?

Keep up the amazing work my friend! All greatly appreciated as always! :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Wow! Those are all absolutely great! I don't have a Klingon character but I do have Starfleet Klingon bridge officers and I looooooooong for the baldrics to be made available for them because I really want to put those guides of yours in to practice.

As for the Starfleet variants...great! Thanks for adding those! Will we be seeing more NPC Starfleet Uniforms added in the future?

Keep up the amazing work my friend! All greatly appreciated as always! :cool:

Thanks, Alan! I'm glad you like them. I really wish the Baldrics were available for Starfleet Klingons as well. The T03 versions would look so good with the TNG uniforms. Someday maybe the devs will find some way to allow them for us.

And yes, you can expect to see more in-game variants added in the future.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, Alan! I'm glad you like them. I really wish the Baldrics were available for Starfleet Klingons as well. The T03 versions would look so good with the TNG uniforms. Someday maybe the devs will find some way to allow them for us.

And yes, you can expect to see more in-game variants added in the future.

Totally. And "someday" is quite right. Right now though I'd just be happy if the devs got all the STO changes like DOFF and the new skill set-up off from Tribble and on to Live. I'm at a point right now where I'm fed up of reading about these things and just wanting to get on with using them. But all good things come to those who wait, right? I'm sure it won't be introduced until it is right...or as near to right as they can get. Once that's done and live then hopefully they can deal with the aesthetics and start putting things in like Baldrics for Starfleet Klingons and various other uniform additions.

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant. Look forward to the future. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    All WoK Uniforms are now updated. New additions and revisions to more accurately represent the following.

TOS films version or WoK (Wrath of Khan) uniforms.

Operations - Security

Enlisted Crewman Uniform
    Enlisted Crewman Skirt

WoK - MU (Wrath of Khan - Mirror Universe)

Operations - Security

Enlisted Crewman Uniform
    Enlisted Crewman Skirt

Hope you all like them. Enjoy!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    All WoK Uniforms are now updated. New additions and revisions to more accurately represent the following.

TOS films version or WoK (Wrath of Khan) uniforms.

Operations - Security

Enlisted Crewman Uniform
    Enlisted Crewman Skirt

WoK - MU (Wrath of Khan - Mirror Universe)

Operations - Security

Enlisted Crewman Uniform
    Enlisted Crewman Skirt

Hope you all like them. Enjoy!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Great job, Black! :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Great job, Black! :cool:

Thanks, Alan!

Got some new stuff in the works as well. Hopefully I'll have them done by Friday.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    What uniform is the closest to the uniform Scotty is wearing while in Engineering during Khan's attack?
    I'd like to see that one.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    we don't really have anything even remotely like the engineering suits from TWOK in game right now, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, Alan!

Got some new stuff in the works as well. Hopefully I'll have them done by Friday.

Fingers crossed for Friday! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mindmage wrote: »
    What uniform is the closest to the uniform Scotty is wearing while in Engineering during Khan's attack?

I've been thinking the same thing since the game started :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think you could maybe do something with the off-duty merc set, but that's really only good for your toon,
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mindmage wrote: »
    I've been thinking the same thing since the game started :)
    Furlong284 wrote: »
    I think you could maybe do something with the off-duty merc set, but that's really only good for your toon,

Actually the closest thing to that would be simply leaving Visuals Enabled for your Armor. It's the only thing in game that has that kind of plated plastic look. Of course, it's not white and orange, but what can you do with something that is not customizable.

You could go with one of the Research and Development uniforms I mocked up. They're at least in the right color scheme. You can find them in the Soft Canon / Fan Choice section.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I was actually thinking of his vest :o
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I was actually thinking of his vest :o

Oh, yes. The vest would be a nice variant. Maybe someday they will rework the WoK uniforms (they really need to, missing ranks, choppy masking, bad belt) and add a couple of variants into the mix in the process. Hope hope.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Just as an aside, I find that the Starfleet Academy Skirt works really well with the WoK uniforms as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The Klingon Academy Guides have been moved to their own section in order to make them easier to find as well as make room for new uniforms for the Klingon guide in the future. New additions have been added based on uniforms seen in the new Klingon Academy.

Klingon Academy - Klingon Male
    Klingon Academy - Klingon Female

Klingon Academy - Alien
    Klingon Academy - Gorn 1
    Klingon Academy - Gorn 2
    Klingon Academy - Nausicaan
    Klingon Academy - Orion Male
    Klingon Academy - Orion Female

Enjoy!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    And for the Feds I have added these new Vedek Robe guides to both the Canon Alien and Off Duty sections for easy reference.

Bajoran Robes

Vedek Robe - Gold
    Vedek Robe - Orange
    Vedek Robe - Gray
    Vedek Robe - Green

Enjoy!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Just as an aside, I find that the Starfleet Academy Skirt works really well with the WoK uniforms as well.

Agreed. But I wanted to limit the number C-Store packs a player would have to purchase as much as possible and I've already got them using the Jupiter belt, because the WoK belt just looks bad. And even that clips badly on females when wearing the WoK jacket. There are a lot of costume bugs that need working on still. When they'll get around to them is anyone's guess.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    For the TNG movie uniform i used for shoulders the color g13,it gives that grey/purple shade depending the lights of the place where you are,like the movie,like this picture shows with a help of my friend Capt. Jean-Luc http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Picard but here http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100225223032/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c8/Sovereign_Sickbay.jpg we have a purple shade and not a only a gray color.
    I hope it helps all the TNG fans who like me dont like to wear those surffin uniforms :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Montenegro wrote:
    For the TNG movie uniform i used for shoulders the color g13,it gives that grey/purple shade depending the lights of the place where you are,like the movie,like this picture shows with a help of my friend Capt. Jean-Luc http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Picard but here http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100225223032/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c8/Sovereign_Sickbay.jpg we have a purple shade and not a only a gray color.
    I hope it helps all the TNG fans who like me dont like to wear those surffin uniforms :)

That purple is far too purple. The color in the pictures you are linking is not that purple. The cool gray is more suitable and gets that bluish and purplish tone in the right lighting, but if you wish to use purple it's your prerogative.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    That purple is far too purple. The color in the pictures you are linking is not that purple. The cool gray is more suitable and gets that bluish and purplish tone in the right lighting, but if you wish to use purple it's your prerogative.

Well could be my monitor setup for the colors,but i guess this pics can help showing the final results.
    A purple tone here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21544#!/?cid=2bb78ab40c3552e9&sc=documents&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21544 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21780&sc=documents#cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21751&sc=documents
    A more grayish color: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21628 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2bb78ab40c3552e9&sc=documents&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21544#cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21696&sc=documents
    And in both cases the color i used was the g13.
    I hope it helps,in any case try put the color setup of your monitor(just to check the effect of this color,don't wanna say to you how to set your game experience :)) cold and reduce a bit the saturation.
    Anyways,where do you got the info for the uniform's colors?Can't find a good site for Star Trek uniform visual reference .
    Once again keep the good job sir.:cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Montenegro wrote:
    Well could be my monitor setup for the colors,but i guess this pics can help showing the final results.
    A purple tone here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21544#!/?cid=2bb78ab40c3552e9&sc=documents&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21544 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21780&sc=documents#cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21751&sc=documents
    A more grayish color: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21628 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2bb78ab40c3552e9&sc=documents&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21544#cid=2BB78AB40C3552E9&id=2BB78AB40C3552E9%21696&sc=documents
    And in both cases the color i used was the g13.
    I hope it helps,in any case try put the color setup of your monitor(just to check the effect of this color,don't wanna say to you how to set your game experience :)) cold and reduce a bit the saturation.
    Anyways,where do you got the info for the uniform's colors?Can't find a good site for Star Trek uniform visual reference .
    Once again keep the good job sir.:cool:

I watched the films while I was doing my testing. I did not depend on images from any online sources as such images can often be over or underexposed and show colors that are not true. I did however go through and test with your color choice anyway, and while it does appear gray in some lighting, it appears far too purple in most.

In the films the shoulders had at best a light sheen of purple when standing in the right light, while they also took on a bluish tone in other lighting. This can not be properly portrayed with the color you chose as it never takes on the bluish tone and very rarely looks gray.

Also, I have seen these particular uniforms in real life at conventions (as worn by Michael Dorn and Marina Siritis) and they definitely had gray shoulders.

Again this is still just a guide and you can choose whatever color you like best.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    thx for the anwser bro.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Montenegro wrote:
    thx for the anwser bro.

No problem, man. Thanks for your tenacity and love of Trek.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    BLACKAVAAR! You magnificent fatherless son!

You sir, are beyond epic... I just checked the STO wiki and saw your update... by all that is good and pure, you must have spent forever doing that, you revamped the entire page including the look of the page and section borders. No wonder it too so long!

You sir, can be my fashion captain, anytime!

Thank you man! Thank you!

PS: You may want to check your 25th Century Klingon page... you've got a whole LOT of Orion males... some who look suspiciously like Gorn :p
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    BLACKAVAAR! You magnificent fatherless son!

You sir, are beyond epic... I just checked the STO wiki and saw your update... by all that is good and pure, you must have spent forever doing that, you revamped the entire page including the look of the page and section borders. No wonder it too so long!

You sir, can be my fashion captain, anytime!

Thank you man! Thank you!

PS: You may want to check your 25th Century Klingon page... you've got a whole LOT of Orion males... some who look suspiciously like Gorn :p

Thank you and you are welcome!

And thanks for the heads up. I fixed the text for the Gorn entries.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    All AGT uniforms, Destiny uniforms and 29th Century mock-ups have now been updated to the new style. In addition I have begun to add the currently updated guides to the STOWiki for those who prefer to go there.

More to come. Enjoy!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    All AGT uniforms, Destiny uniforms and 29th Century mock-ups have now been updated to the new style. In addition I have begun to add the currently updated guides to the STOWiki for those who prefer to go there.

More to come. Enjoy!

Thank you again, my friend! Great work as always! :cool:

Got a question for you regarding the Sierra-01 uniform pal: In your guide I see you use the same grade of grey (H3) for the top and pants but for some reason they look totally different. The H3 on the pants looks lighter than the H3 on the top. After a brief amount of searching I found that H2 looks closer to the H3 used on the top. But I suppose my question is this...why are the H3 shades that bit different on the pants and top...or is it just maybe my monitor settings that give the impression of their being a difference when there isn't one at all?

Also, whilst in Earth Spacedock, at the center there's a Lieutenant named Mieri wearing the S-01 uniform but the grey is a darker shade and the pants are reinforced. Is just another variant of the S-01 uniform?

And here's a question regarding all your superb guides: I'm curious as to what is it that you go by within the game as the *definitive* looks for these uniforms? You obviously have a better eye for detail than I do, but whilst I wander around I sometimes see uniforms (like the aforementioned ESD Lieutenant in the S-01 uniform) that are just that liiiiiiiiiittle bit different to your guides.

Hope your okay with answering those. Thanks in advance. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.