test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 24, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen

till when ?

i would like to use my main toon again
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think that a webcam showing people working on the server would be interesting... not so much like us making sure you guys are working, just interesting...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • genseric2june455genseric2june455 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any idea when the issue of accounts not being tied to email addresses will be addressed? I created a new character on a secondary email address and can see my toons in my fleet leaderboard but still get the log in failure.
  • tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    F2P ("Lapsed Gold" technically, but for 2 days I had the 20k+ queues) here, haven't seen a queue since emergency maintenance on the 22nd. Didn't sub, didn't go lifetime.

You're welcome. :P

I have to agree here. Since the emergency maint Wednesday night I haven't seen a single que.
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starsvoid wrote: »
    ....I don't lock my trays and they reset ALL THE TIME....

I have the same problem, regardless if I lock my tray or not (which I never do anyway). I only use 1 ship at a time per character (unless I buy a new one) and my BO's are set in their slots (never switched) and just warping into another system causes my tray to add abilities every time. It's always the same abilities that my BO's have in their personal displayed slots. It never adds anything but their abilities.

A fellow fleetmate told me he doesn't use the BO displayed slots and his tray never adds things, so it could be something connected with people that use both the personal and BO displays that's causing these add-ins.

The new color-coding is nice, but the adding of the abilities really screws with one's layout for sure, especially in action environments.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Looks like we may be onto something! Is it the ones that you move from ship to ship that move around in the trays?

i can't be sure without checking, but i think it's that i have 3 rommy tacs, on my dps ship, and 3 humans on my not so much dps ship, and i think they stay where they are. The engy and sci that are used on both ships, seem to move and need rearranging.

Again tho, i would need to double check.
    gmokmoud wrote: »
    A fellow fleetmate told me he doesn't use the BO displayed slots and his tray never adds things, so it could be something connected with people that use both the personal and BO displays that's causing these add-ins.

I also have the BO dispaly on, so this could also be a cause.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can't be sure without checking, but i think it's that i have 3 rommy tacs, on my dps ship, and 3 humans on my not so much dps ship, and i think they stay where they are. The engy and sci that are used on both ships, seem to move and need rearranging.

Again tho, i would need to double check.

I also have the BO dispaly on, so this could also be a cause.

Ah I think that could be part of it then if it is the ones that move ships.
    Also on the BO Display, mine is off, I jump lump all my skills into my 'big tray'.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    motito78 wrote: »
    Bran, i cant see in the patch note the problem in completing red alert missions, you know if it's being fixed? (good for omega marks)

yeah it's even BETTER EXP builder when you can ACTUALLY hail the mission in. My rommie is so sad that it can't turn in five of them.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah it's even BETTER EXP builder when you can ACTUALLY hail the mission in. My rommie is so sad that it can't turn in five of them.

Only stuck with two at the moment, but yeah- I know the feeling. :(
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to blame Brandon for that half an hour? :D
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think that a webcam showing people working on the server would be interesting...

A cam in the server room is a great idea!
    [Then we could all see when the hamster falls off the wheel !] :D
  • valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, May 24th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (5/24 @ 8:44AM PDT): Maintenance is going well, but we do need around 30 extra min. Our ETA for getting you back in-game is less than 1 hr from now.

You can call me Painstaking but in the pitcher, the note is not corrected, just put: Maintenance has been extended to 9:30 am PDT, and does not put UTC time.
    Do not know correct a note correctly in the game launcher, which is the presentation of the company?
    What can we expect from this new patch?
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    A cam in the server room is a great idea!
    [Then we could all see when the hamster falls off the wheel !] :D

just as long as there's no audio. last thing we need is to hear a bunch of stressed out IT guys cursing and swearing. lol. seriously, I think the gaming community puts the stress on them a lot. :)
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdescaa wrote: »
    You can call me Painstaking but in the pitcher, the note is not corrected, just put: Maintenance has been extended to 9:30 am PDT, and does not put UTC time.
    Do not know correct a note correctly in the game launcher, which is the presentation of the company?

you are correct, they did not correct the UTC time together with the PDT time...
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdescaa wrote: »

I tried to make sense of this... I really did! But not your native tongue so....
    Are you saying that they did not update the UTC time on the launcher?
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know why they dont modify the launcher to show "time left for update" and it can check your system time and then there would be no time zone issues... always american time etc and then convert.

Just add a clock on the launcher :S
    In game: @vividh
  • s31opss31ops Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Valdescaa, your English is better than half the people on these forums (including my own sometimes), don't worry about it. :D

Brandon, I just have to say this, with all the extensions of the downtime: You're killin' me, smalls! :P
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • txn8vtxn8v Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are correct, they did not correct the UTC time together with the PDT time...

IMHO, if you are incapable of converting your local time from PDT by now, maybe you are better suited for Chutes and Ladders.

Jus sayin...

(My Saying "You" does not mean "you" specifically, it means "Any of you people out there".)
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG extended again by 15 mins... and why does it take 3 centuries to load a forum thread?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're doing our final checks -- should have you back in-game within 10-15 minutes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting and extended twice. Falling asleep on the bridge due to nothing to do. lol
  • edbohagenedbohagen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now an extra 15 minutes, according to the launcher
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're doing our final checks -- should have you back in-game within 10-15 minutes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

While you're at it, you might also want to check the functionality of this forum... it takes ages to load and most of the time doesn't even load at all...
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dllmmo wrote: »
    How to blame Brandon for that half an hour? :D

How? I dunno, I just blame Branflakes for ALL the things! :P

Seriously, Branflakes and everyone else at Cryptic is working their butts off this week, and I've already tossed a bunch of money at the company so I'm unsure how else to say thanks. Here's hoping they at least take a well-deserved weekend off after today to spend time with their significant others and remember there's more to life than trying to please a bunch of star trek gaming nerds.
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

go Brandon GO!
    BTW, awesome work with the romulans :D
    Just... there are still some bugs around. Have yet to experience something really serious, but, still..
  • carac1carac1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My girlfriend got excited about all the people I told her were queing to get in - over 20,000 at times - so she finally created an account through steam and logged in. However when she got to the starship portion of the tutorial/intro, her ship won't move. Does she need to delete it and start a new toon, or did she miss something and that's why the ship is hung (been a while since I went through the first scenarios, so I can't remember)?

Thanks all

And good work on patching things to the Cryptic team - things were pretty sketchy there for a while before LoR, and it really seemed to be smoothed out before the release. Today's downtime and the other problems have to be expected with such a big new release, IMHO.

Cheers!
    "We sure liberated the hell out of this place." - Anonymous American soldier, France, 1944
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Time's up." - Ardra

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • magemighty1magemighty1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guglif wrote: »
    go Brandon GO!
    BTW, awesome work with the romulans :D
    Just... there are still some bugs around. Have yet to experience something really serious, but, still..

Conversely, I have experienced a problem, my Romulan character is stuck in the 'server not responding' limbo on the loading screen.
    DUNDUNNDUNNNN :rolleyes:

My main character is Blackflight
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.75440317.1369413152.180bac87 "

Just got this a couple times, but oh well. But yeah, might want to check the forums themselves to see if they're running okay. Just bring the game back up first. :D
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
This discussion has been closed.