test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 24, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, May 24th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (5/24 @ 8:44AM PDT): Maintenance is going well, but we do need around 30 extra min. Our ETA for getting you back in-game is less than 1 hr from now.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yer welcome...

It's fun being yer second officer.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought that this thread was supposed to tell us about what
    the patch will do, not just that there will be a "new patch"?

For example, will we be able to delete mail again after this patch?

Thank you :-)
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok so your Website and launcher say 14:00-16:00 UTC (GMT i take it) yer the link says 3Pm lol what is it???

2pm or 3pm lol :s
    JtaDmwW.png
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about K'ghan and Ch'gren (1st and 2nd BOffs for new KDF characters) STILL looking 100% alike, i.e. being involuntary clones?! What about the auto-equipped Klingon disruptor for newly created KDFs being clipped by some other handgun model???
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    I thought that this thread was supposed to tell us about what
    the patch will do, not just that there will be a "new patch"?

For example, will we be able to delete mail again after this patch?

Thank you :-)

Patch notes are linked above :) We're still working on a fix for why players are unable to delete mail.
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    ok so your Website and launcher say 14:00-16:00 UTC (GMT i take it) yer the link says 3Pm lol what is it???

2pm or 3pm lol :s

UTC is currently -1 to BST (GMT), so the link is correct :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the issue where people don't get the option to transwarp to Tau Dewa?
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this doesn't fix too much... but it's better than nothing I suppose.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the cancel ability. It has been a needed thing.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran, i cant see in the patch note the problem in completing red alert missions, you know if it's being fixed? (good for omega marks)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love you bran, i love you devs, thanks for these release notes!!! :D
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a update on the server not responding issue. Alot of mad people on this game.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I neglected to check if market Building #4 on Minetrap is still buggy. Anyone got info on this? Also, thankee for the advance notice.

We now return you to your regularly programmed gripe-carnival.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
    edited May 2013
    monodoso wrote: »
    How about a update on the server not responding issue. Alot of mad people on this game.

We're still working on a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me guess, ANOTHER 80-130 meg patch to add one tiny thing that should take one one hundredth that much of my bandwidth.

This is becoming a disturbing new trend.

But at least they are adding something long overdue and this is a good addition.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • bluekaebluekae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All personal Reputation upgrade tasks in the Omega, Nukara and New Romulus repuations are now cancellable.

Excellent! Guess I wasn't the only idiot who picked the wrong Cryo Launcher to turn in. :eek:
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluekae wrote: »
    Excellent! Guess I wasn't the only idiot who picked the wrong Cryo Launcher to turn in. :eek:

Apparently, we were in many :D

lol
  • blackblackwyrmblackblackwyrm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very many. Thanks for this Bran, I was pretty bummed when I made that mistake.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The option to cancel reputation projects meets with my approval... You are authorised to proceed! :P

hehehe!
  • thehubby2thehubby2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the fact that I can't customize my starter ship because no matter what options I choose, including basic B'rel, it wants me to pay 750 Zen? Oh, unless I pick actual Zen options, then the total, goes up. That's just the base price for my free customization as a new Klingon captain.
    edited May 2013
    thehubby2 wrote: »
    What about the fact that I can't customize my starter ship because no matter what options I choose, including basic B'rel, it wants me to pay 750 Zen? Oh, unless I pick actual Zen options, then the total, goes up. That's just the base price for my free customization as a new Klingon captain.

We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution for it. We have top men on it (no, really, look!).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution for it. We have top men on it

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Then I guess you have chipmunks working on the issue where people can not log on at all, glad to see the top men are working on costume issues!
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon, any update on the mail deletion issue? I assume we have to be at least close on that one, surely.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the the no Tier I Tau Dewa Transwarp,and Tier V Reman Unlock for Romulan Repuation?
  • natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the character select scene. My Bridge Officers are showing up as all the same person and some people have had their shuttles showing up instead of their ship. Its not a big deal, just a minor gripe.
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so will this also help with my game crashing? i've sent in tickets tnaks also can we plz have buggys like in star trek for nimbus3 plz? purtty plz :(:(:(
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, May 24th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

yay! *crosses fingers*
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    what about the insta banning for even mentioning the name of a certain gold spammer company? Or the returned items from the exchange just going poof, no item returned? Or targeting being screwed up? Or sound being screwed up? Or the other 10 million things that got broken with this lor launch.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the team aware of the broken Captain Skill Retrain Tokens from the Zen store?
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon, any news about deleting mail our of mailbox mine is getting full?????

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell me they're working on the lack of transwarp to Tau Dewa on both servers please.

And when someone says they've got top men on something you're supposed to repeat...TOP Men.

Although that's not actually a reassuring phrase. Perhaps giving your word as a Klingon would be better. Or maybe as a Vulcan.
    thehubby2 wrote: »
    I noticed the same issue on Tribble, I didn't realize it was on Holodeck too.

Please fix that on Tribble as well. It's really weird and not just for my starter ship either.
    natewest1 wrote: »
    Fix the character select scene. My Bridge Officers are showing up as all the same person and some people have had their shuttles showing up instead of their ship. Its not a big deal, just a minor gripe.

And on my main character (but not my alts) my starship is my first officer's legs. They're nice legs, but I'd like to see my starship. Especially weird when she's standing right next to my captain.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
This discussion has been closed.