test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck getting an answer, I'm curious myself to see what happens.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am number 19097 out of 25489. rofl...

I got into "Star Trek: Online" for fifteen minutes yesterday. I was also able to play up to level 10 today. If the queue does not go down fast enough, I will make another attempted within two weeks. I was going to buy some more zen this weekend, but I have decided to hold off on any further purchases. I bought $60 worth of zen a few weeks ago, so I was prepared for the new upgrade. I also have $280+ worth of c-store purchases waiting in the game. I feel empathy for both subscribers and F2P zen buyers. Everyone has invested allot of money into "Star Trek: Online".

I am not mad. I am not upset. As a matter of overall fact, I am very happy with the new upgrades. Cryptic did a fantastic job.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Typical, I try to do something and thousands of people are in my way... Average sort of day then I suppose, god I hate crowds... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wendigo21 wrote: »
    I'd rather they spend the time fixing the problem instead of replying to TRIBBLE like this, personally. I'd take them responding to this stuff as a sign that they're not fixing the problem.

Do you honestly believe that companies like have no employees other than the developers? LOL I guarantee there is a public relations department that specifically deals with things like posts on the forums. Wow some people are dense.
  • species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    good idea but will not happen , I have 4 toons but dare not change from my main due to it took me over an hour to get into the game tonight and will proberly miss out of 24k dilithium cause of it

yeah tell me about it,this is TRIBBLE
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pathetic cryptic, if you don't know how to run a game, then don't run it.
  • jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3-4hrs waiting in queue moving in place 4000 every 30min about. ANY wait is ridicules. Server host should have been prepared for a week of DOUBLE the capacity.

Yesterday ALL day there was no wait at all, login right in no queue. Today, login will NOT happen until people go to bed.

And guess what all this waiting does. Forces people into the forum to display their disgust.

Once your into you SHOULD have the freedom to change chars, but NO, changing chars counts as logging OUT. Someone at Cryptic SCREWED up with that idea.

I for one know people are using BOTS to stay logged in for hours and I have reported these people. These bots will queue for PvE and then just afk in the PvE.
  • lilitaly5179lilitaly5179 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather they spend the time fixing the problem instead of replying to TRIBBLE like this, personally. I'd take them responding to this stuff as a sign that they're not fixing the problem.

You DO understand that Brandon is a community manager and not a developer/game master right?

He is the link between us (the community) and PWE. He is the one posting all of these messages. Since he is not actually the one fixing the problems it is not taking any time away from problem solving for him to post these. I for one am glad he is posting these messages. He is a great community manager. Many games that have "community managers" have zero link between the admin staff and player base.

Keep up the good work Brandon.
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was gonna start a romulan tonight on line holo but im loading fed and waiting in que so i wont be logging out ill just stick with my test server romulAN
  • knochen1234knochen1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far im a bit surprised.

The coincidence with the lifetime sale coming together with the sudden apearence of the login queue raises the suspicion of a salestrategy.

But whats even more surprising is that if you are using an european proxy you dont even come further then the login screen. Using an us-proxy means that you can at least login (after a year of waiting or so...)

Even in the days shortly before the LoR-Launch on Holodeck the game-experiance was a lot less laggy via the us proxy.

I cant belive that the connection between europe and america is unstable all the time, so i have expect that cryptic doesnt only prioritize Neverwinter before STO (as NWN Player did not experiance any kind of lag while sto was barely playable) but also prioritize american players before european players.

To expect players to give them their money while mainaining that attitude seems to work though, as a lot of people seem to think about buying a gold membership to reduce the uncomfortabilities.

Just one last question: Where is the Reman character you promised for all those for free, who have completed tier 5 of the Romulan faction?
  • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whatever it is, I really hope it isn't "just wait for the rush to settle down and let the server traffic numbers to go back to what they were, they'll just get bored and log off and we'll be back to being in business".

I'd like to see a hardware upgrade, but I don't know....
    -Makbure
  • wendigo21wendigo21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dstden1 wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe that companies like have no employees other than the developers? LOL I guarantee there is a public relations department that specifically deals with things like posts on the forums. Wow some people are dense.

Oh I know that they've got a PR team, its just idiots like you who think you're special enough to get a response. Everybody's complaining on these forums and those who aren't are stuck in the queue with everyone else. I'm sure he's got better things to do than to wander around each thread, which is why they've got the announcement up in the first place.

Thanks for the english lesson complete with definitions, though. I'm sure that'll show em!
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent $100 but not willing to pay the subscription that lets you jump to the top of the que ?

Then deal with it for a few days till the novelty wears off and it goes back to normal.. Im a lifer and not had to wait more than a min or two each time.

LOL to anyone else, don't even bother getting the Lifetime Subscription. I've been lifetime since sto came out. and I can't even login to get into the ques

***Resolved Issues***

"Login failed for unknown reason" error

is not resolved. :P I still get it.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • kattrara1kattrara1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely ridicules. Where?s some administration to weigh in on all this? And don?t tell us the flipping server is full. What at 3000 first, then 5000 then 6000 and now we are seeing it up to over 20,000. That?s ridicules. Can?t believe to begin with the server for this game would be so small. When it hits 100,000 what?s that a day an half to log in?? How many people are getting P.O.ed and leaving to find something else to do? This equals loss of revenue here. In the world of business someone would be getting fired over such a huge TRIBBLE up.
    We don?t want excuses either; we demand answers and/or a fix and fast.
    Before someone gets shoved out the airlock.
  • toomanysecrets1toomanysecrets1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol 25k Queue now.
  • defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm..

Nearly 26000 people i the queue.

this was the same thing that happened to tribble during the open beta. but did Cryptic not get the hint?

Nope they did not. the ironic thing is i was ingame, then the damn thing crashed. way to go Cryptic. not only do your servers lack the capacity to handle the loads of people trying play.

Im only 20,179 of 25,410 and i been waiting for half hour already.

Thanks PWE and cryptic. for F***ing every player around. Gold and silver alike.

Nice to know your useless
  • matyasbluesmatyasblues Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It took me 2 hours to get online.

I'm not complaining, s**t happens, have seen stuff like this many times in other games. FTP or not.

But there's something I don't understand: is this a RANDOM issue, caused by who-knows-what and probably never happening again once the problem is found and solved
    OR

it's just the way it's going to be from now on, at least until the hype wears off (or I go gold again)?
  • josiah234josiah234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im like #29900 out of like #25000. every time the number of max players goes up my number goes down. i have had no problem logging in until i updated to the new romulus thing. please explain!!!
  • blackgold74blackgold74 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow Cryptic/PWE if you're trying to endear loyal customers into playing a game, making them wait for literal hours in a queue of over 25000 isn't going to do it. some folks prefer to pay as they go and after that long a wait many might rather just take their attention and money elsewhere.
  • magitnimagitni Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hehehe i love it im ~25000 from logging in... no wait for lifers or gold... i see what u did there... from a business point of view, great technique to get subscribers guys... here's a good, free, idea for you (Perfect World) to take advantage of this which is put a little button to buy a subscription right under the queue... id be quick about it because this traffic goes away in a few days...
  • deathrace147deathrace147 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5577 out of 25227 now I have been waiting for a few hours (playing other games)

Who here thinks I will get disconnected before the timer runs out (already happened once)
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow Cryptic/PWE if you're trying to endear loyal customers into playing a game, making them wait for literal hours in a queue of over 25000 isn't going to do it. some folks prefer to pay as they go and after that long a wait many might rather just take their attention and money elsewhere.

They are endearing themselves to loyal customers, gold people are getting right in :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to go back to creating my Starfleet Arrowhead shaped prison in Prison Architect :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magistr8magistr8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I know that's not going to happen. I have been trying to log on for over an hour and I have lost my place in the queue twice due to being DC'd, restarting my place in the queue. I hope that this queue thing is fixed. OR, get NW off the same server so that there is more space for STO and the new expansion and the demand of its players. Another Server might not be such a bad idea.
  • dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I know that they've got a PR team, its just idiots like you who think you're special enough to get a response. Everybody's complaining on these forums and those who aren't are stuck in the queue with everyone else.

Thanks for the english lesson complete with definitions, though. I'm sure that'll show em!

Well considering I wasn't eh OP I really wasn't expecting an answer of any kind. You're one of those people that leaps before you look aren't you?
  • species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nadam se da se srusit server
  • xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5577 out of 25227 now I have been waiting for a few hours (playing other games)

Who here thinks I will get disconnected before the timer runs out (already happened once)

I do... that happened to me as well causing me to have to wait an additional hour minutes to get to the point that took me 30 minutes of waiting took... now looking at nearing the 3 hour mark for my total wait.
  • russkulykrusskulyk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too found his reassurance a bit vague. Doing everything they can, could mean doing nothing at all if they have nothing they can do. A post telling us more details would be nice. Nothing exact though because if they say it will be fixed tomorrow and it's not then people will freak out in the forums.
    They could say "We are installing new hardware to deal with this increase." Or they could say "We have developers working to expand the amount of players the servers can hold without compromising lag."

Instead they said simply "Trust us."

If we trusted you we wouldn't be trolling these forums while in the back of our minds we would rather be playing the game.
    I'm going to go buy a WoW card and assuming i've had my share of WoW after a couple months, this game should finally have it's bugs ironed out.

Congratulations Cryptic, you just made Blizzard some money!
  • kingofpikachukingofpikachu Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About 990 peeps left before I can get on!