test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• chad03111980chad03111980 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an idea........ maybe you people should should find another server "Never Winter" rather then sharing servers with STO. Single most stupid idea i have every seen in my life!!!! LEARN HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COMPANY!!!!!
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Why, as a lifetimer do I have a login queue?

Apparently, this isn't the first time they've done this. Looks like they're repeating an error they made 3 years ago (before this game went F2P).

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93658

I can hear the flames from here and it's making me moist....
  • pnk4lpnk4l Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF I just waited 2hours, went from 19k out of 25k, beamed into esd and BAM dc'ed relogged and was put back into the queue at 25109....... SOOOOO glad I didn't buy the LTS earlier today because I will never give this company any of my money nor will I be playing. A year of my time and effort down the tubes SO LONG CRAPTIC!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paulvbpaulvb Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this queue is ridiculous. 26k people in queue. there is NO WAY IN HELL that 26000 people decided to join at once.

here's a suggestion:

if there are any LTS players waiting in queue and there are silver players online, kick the silvers to make way for the LTS. I'm a silver player and I think this is fair. as for the silver players, the more money you've spent on the in-game store should determine your queue priority.

I invite anyone to find a problem with this solution
  • wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious and unwilling to test it at the moment but what happens when you create a new character? Do you get hit with the queue before or after character creation? If it's after, I would find that extremely frustrating after all that anticipatory activity.
  • tiriyontiriyon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha so I vaguely heard something about a new expansion for this game and figured I would check it out again - I didn't realise the expansion came out yesterday until I tried to log in and got stuck in a queue 25000 people deep

Hahaha, maybe I'll come back in a week.

Or, maybe not...
  • wendigo21wendigo21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dstden1 wrote: »
    Well considering I wasn't eh OP I really wasn't expecting an answer of any kind. You're one of those people that leaps before you look aren't you?

I don't really care one way or another mate. You went ahead and called me dense, I called you an idiot. We get it: there's a queue. It's long. The fact that everybody and their dog is complaining about it doesn't do anything. My whole point was yeah, there are people who deal with this stuff but they're not going to waste their time responding to every thread about the queue. That's why there is an announcement thingy in the first place.
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an idea........ maybe you people should should find another server "Never Winter" rather then sharing servers with STO. Single most stupid idea i have every seen in my life!!!! LEARN HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COMPANY!!!!!

Well they are from Cali so not the brightest rocks in the rock pile. They will end up losing a ton of customers with these long TRIBBLE wait times.
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IM DOWN TO 9877 AFTER AN 1 HOUR
    :eek:
  • axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koppster wrote: »
    Lifer here, not impressed at the queues, not impressed at having to re-queue if I want to change to an alt (what sort of stupid system is that? (WoW called, they want to teach you about server load balancing), not impressed at all the downtime.

Overall, not impressed.

Boo frickin' hoo, I bet you keep playing anyway don't ya. =P
    Are you free?
  • starrmannstarrmann Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been waiting for just about 2 hours... I'm NOW 845 out of 2,899 in the queue!! This is not a good way to keep people playing the game and spending money on the game!! Fix this soon!
  • sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    I'm actually MOVING BACKWARDS in the waiting que.I went from 6038 of 6276 to 5352 0f 6349.:eek:

The queue is moving but slowly. And hell I am 20200 in line so I will trade you!
    This queue things is a little out of hand. I know they were wanting to keep some stress off their servers and give people a new reason to go gold or life member but come on. 25000 people in queue now? I think they need a bit more capacity.
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i know heres a queue and we all want to play but some of you please chill..

yes it is only a game .. it may be a game thats more addictive than crack but still .. there are alot out there like you who like to play and they are waiting aswell..

sadly i cannot queue as having the game on for more than 2 hours overheats my pc :( so i will ahve to sit back and do things i've been meaning to get round to in RL lol

edit: bwt i meant those yelling that they need to sort it out and such .. there are queues in just about all good games online
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • alecsubaalecsuba Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they don't get more servers running they are going to lose a lot of people. It is not even primetime and they have queues larger than last night. What the hell is going to happen when its primetime.

God forbid you get a bug and crash there goes your playtime for the day. This is unacceptable for any company.
  • starrmannstarrmann Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CORRECTION: I'm 845 out of 24,899
    edited May 2013
    russkulyk wrote: »
    I too found his reassurance a bit vague. Doing everything they can, could mean doing nothing at all if they have nothing they can do. A post telling us more details would be nice. Nothing exact though because if they say it will be fixed tomorrow and it's not then people will freak out in the forums.
    They could say "We are installing new hardware to deal with this increase." Or they could say "We have developers working to expand the amount of players the servers can hold without compromising lag."

Instead they said simply "Trust us."

If we trusted you we wouldn't be trolling these forums while in the back of our minds we would rather be playing the game.
    I'm going to go buy a WoW card and assuming i've had my share of WoW after a couple months, this game should finally have it's bugs ironed out.

Congratulations Cryptic, you just made Blizzard some money!

You were offended by some problems STO is having? You must be new here.
    Are you free?
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's an idea for the Cryptic team:

On the homepage where you currently say "Server Status: UP" or "Server Status: DOWN" we really need a new status report that says: "Server Status: OVERLOADED!"

If we see that the server is totally freaking overloaded and the queue is painfully backed up then many of us won't try to login ... which will reduce the MASSIVE number of players who are getting really mad at the Cryptic team because they can't play the game.

Don't tell us the server is "UP" if almost NO ONE can actually play.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • cybermortiscybermortis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried to log in earlier and ended up in a queue of some 6000. I had the time to make and eat dinner before I was able to get into the game.

Current queue size is over 25,000, so I presumably have time to have children and watch them graduate from University this time around.

Last week I ended up writing a review of the game, and ended by saying that it was worth checking out. After the ineptitude shown for this launch and all the problems this has since been amended to 'Avoid for a month and never spend any money on this or any other Crypic game'.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Agreed, this is frustrating when it happens to you, but a good sign for the game's health :)

i dont think a mmo without servers is healthy .Is not like all wow players logged in sto.
    edited May 2013
    wildeye042 wrote: »
    Just curious and unwilling to test it at the moment but what happens when you create a new character? Do you get hit with the queue before or after character creation? If it's after, I would find that extremely frustrating after all that anticipatory activity.

The queue starts after creation sadly, same as it was on tribble.
    Are you free?
  • rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a 3 hour wait is just awful.

I dont think its the game growing so much as older outdated servers failing. But I hope I am wrong. ugh 25302 out of 26019 now...
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not the only one to be complaining about the ridiculous length of time it takes to log on to STO, even when just switching characters.

At the moment, I am #11507 out of a total of 24859 persons waiting... and this is only 2 hours into my first log in attempt.

Can this issue please be addressed? There has to be some server space that can be commandeered from a slower MMO somewhere.

It's delays like this that get people to switch channels on TV. It's how shows lose their audience.

Come on! Emergency Maintenance this problem and find a way to get everyone online!

Meanwhile, I am switching channels to Star Wars: The Old Republic where I know FOR SURE that I can get in and play. Why waste 2 or 3 hours waiting for something to get me in when I could have spent that time playing something else?

Before anybody points out the obvious, my current log in attempt is while I am busy with other household things and can infrequently check on my queue. When chores are done, however, and I am still in queue, then I am off to SWTOR.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emtezero wrote: »
    Just to let you know Cryptic team:

I can understand logic of login queues. there is nothing wrong with them. But if you ever think of introducing "premium" ways to obey those queues i will simply find another game to spend my money. Nothing makes me more angry than greedy developers calling games free2play when they should be named pay2login.

thanks for paying attention to this post.
    and what makes me even angrier is paying more then that and not gettign in WHY did i put cash to the game beyond getting my guy done up better? SO YOU all cna play free. and here they are letting those that do that lifer TRIBBLE to go ahead of a guy like me that has paid 3.5 times more...
    ya paytologin good term and look how they are trying ot sell it , ya pay and get up in the 26000 queue that was 2800 when i tried it first and gave up
  • guyquigguyquig Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't 2004 and your not Blizzard

the online game climate doesn't support this TRIBBLE poor performance and utter lack of official response anymore.

Not only am I not giving this game any money, I'm rapidly doubting my interest level in any cryptic product (I'd say PWE product but frankly Cryptic is the only PWE stuff I'm remotely interested in).
  • austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Geez, I'm on day two of NOT being able to play the game. Yesterday it was server issue(which i understandable), now today long queues? Over 24,000 people a head of me....i might as well just disappear for a month before coming back to where I can login instantly like before.
  • reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    9749 out of 24846. Been waiting for over 2 hours. Good thing I should be working :D
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dragoknash wrote: »
    Stfu fail you are no picard,, yea its only a game,, is that stupid peoples tag line when the begin to speak ? oh and pps no there isnt only fail games have ques

i don't even know what your even trying to say ... at least make a proper sentence ?
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    I'm an F2Per. My post expressed nothing other than genuine, if extreme, surprise.

Didn't read any of the other posts here, though. :P
    Tried to log in earlier and ended up in a queue of some 6000. I had the time to make and eat dinner before I was able to get into the game.

Current queue size is over 25,000, so I presumably have time to have children and watch them graduate from University this time around.

Last week I ended up writing a review of the game, and ended by saying that it was worth checking out. After the ineptitude shown for this launch and all the problems this has since been amended to 'Avoid for a month and never spend any money on this or any other Crypic game'.

I happen to agree

I am a silver player but i have spent a fair ammount on Zen. and this is our repayment for all that money spent? i hear gold players are having trouble getting ingame. this isnt a block on silver players this is cryptic trying to be smart and use fewer servers but in the end all its done is cause people to do a double take and think they should stop playing and play something else.

I for one shall be giving my money to microsoft and 343 Industries at least thier games and online servers actually work.