test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jacrell wrote: »
    Well since its easier and quicker to perform server adjustments on servers that are offline yes I do think thats a resolution. But of course if your idea is to let the minority play whilst the majority sit in queues that go on for 12 hours + and often crash thus driving those people away then sure go ahead. But when people rant on about how there is such little Klingon content there is or how few resources are put into balance issues ect and the Devs reply that they have limited resource due to finances then remember how many customers they basically threw away.

Ah, I see, you are confused.

Do not fear, when the time comes to make server adjustments, they will certainly take the server down. But the initial parts of developing a fix, that would be identifying the source of the problem, discussing various solutions, and then programming the code to correct it, can all be done without making shard adjustments and so the shard shall remain up.

Now, as for your crazy assertion that the 10k players you saw in queue last night represent the majority of players, and your attempt to equate two bad days of service as a source for problems that have existed for three years prior to the problems you are now complaining about, I'm sorry, you're wrong. In fact, you need only look at people complaining about queues of over 200k to realize there are well over the 20k people playing this game necessary to prove that 10k is a minority of players.
  • rammurrammur Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    129000+ q way to TRIBBLE everyone off and quit thanking us for our patience i lost mine yesterday when i couldnt get on at all and now i cant get on today .
  • captooritcaptoorit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sheesh, I don't think I've ever seen a queue this long, it's up to 20k...

Not really complaining though, I love the game and will gladly wait, just wish it wasn't this ginormous.
  • timeshell7timeshell7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4000? I'm sitting at 20,000 right now. What's going on??
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the middle of a mission with a romulan toon,and twice the server kicked me off. got back on 1st time straight away,then 2nd time I end up at the back of the queue of nearly 20,000. That's abit unfair.
    Devs, whats happening with these servers??? It seems to me they can't cope with the volume of players. What are you doing to sort this problem out????
    Are we lightly to see bigger more advanced servers in the future????
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got on earlier the queue was only about 500 and everything was tolerable, at least until it timed out during a map change.

Now...22206 out of 22206
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your queue position is 14552 out of 16196. Looks like it's time to throw another vic20 on the fire..

Ha ha ha, Vic20. You know I actually had one of those way back in the mists of time. :D

I've given up on the queue, sure I'd like to play the game like many people but I'lll wait until the new found bling wears off and the servers start acting normal again, well as normal as Cryptically possible. Besides I have a ton of Game of Thrones episodes to watch that I've been neglecting by playing STO. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Omg!!! how many times will people requeue Cryptic with queues like this?????
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also am having this problem. As you right in the middle of a mission, switching maps to continue it, and bam game client not responding. and right back into the que, which i had to wait 3 hours just to get in and play for half an hour before the crash.
  • baktokkurbaktokkur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh how nice, 20,420 of 20,781, splendid. There goes another day of getting anything accomplished
  • slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so after finally getting in after 1hr 45mins, my pc crashes, its never crashed before.

so not only a long wait but crappy coding also
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "give it all shes got scotty"
    "I am captin"
    "well all shes got aint enough, what else you got?"
    "I could try kicking players, but I canno make any promises that will help"
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could 6,600 people kindly bugger off and do something else? :D
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol lucky TRIBBLE getting to ques :D, I only get login unknown error LOL
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • theghost42theghost42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh cmon, are you serious? 20100 of 20800 after 10min :/
  • slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so after finally getting in after 1hr 45mins, my pc crashes, its never crashed before.

so not only a long wait but crappy coding also...

20373 .....thx bloody thx
  • kingofpikachukingofpikachu Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20,130 out of 20,834 Now thats like 400 full fleets, if theres that many, how many people can get on the server?
  • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the single shard concept, but ******n, they need to expand it something fierce.
    -Makbure
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3348 out of 21152 for me
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
      edited May 2013
      5517 :) wow ive gone down by 40 people in like 5 minutes so eta of game playtime is many many hours away
    • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      risenxeon wrote: »
      But what if you are just playing to enjoy yourself on a space game or because you like to Star Trek itself? What if you don't want to dish out that money for a membership to the game? Don't you think its a little unfair to the F2P players that want to play but membership players have log in priority over us? I think everyone should get queue times regardless paid or not, because if I was to sit in queue for an hour and I knew some paid player got in when I never did, I would be really upset. I feel that Cryptic are just money hungry and looking for ways to make you pay to play this game in the long run. I just feel that they just don't care about their players at all and feel that everything is okay.
      Well, in response to this, it strikes me that PWE/Cryptic would do well to allow players to buy gold account status for 1000 zen per month. Zen is already money in PWE/Cryptic's account, regardless from whom it came, and sinking zen out of the economy is in the medium- and long-term more profitable for them since it increases the velocity of the dilithium-zen-money triangle. This is a (technically and legally) private game ran by a for-profit corporation, so of course profit is their motivation, and to claim undue greed on their part is a bit silly.

That said, I don't think it's necessarily unfair to give gold/LTS players login queue priority, though I hope there's a system in place to keep F2P players from sitting in the queue near-indefinitely, or at least keep gold/LTS players from logging in and out frivolously while the servers have been continually at capacity. At least Cryptic/PWE isn't doing what many LTS have suggested, which is to kick F2P players when gold/LTS players log on.

My suggestion would be, so long as the queues are this ridiculous and there is this much demand, institute playing time limits to keep the queue moving and ensure everyone has a chance to play.
      Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
    • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      chris919uk wrote: »
      Ha ha ha, Vic20. You know I actually had one of those way back in the mists of time. :D

I've given up on the queue, sure I'd like to play the game like many people but I'lll wait until the new found bling wears off and the servers start acting normal again, well as normal as Cryptically possible. Besides I have a ton of Game of Thrones episodes to watch that I've been neglecting by playing STO. ;)

haha ya those were the days and you could techncially hook up 256 of them to one another and make a dbase with the old cassette drives....and have and make your own games...was darn fun back when i was 12

and as the guy above says this is getting worse...now almost a 23000 queue
      and when you come here and leave that game screen i guarantee you 80% of time it will lock up your position so you dont move up the queue...

thus go on complain and ya see that subscription sale what a scam
      free to play my TRIBBLE....its a scam ot try and get us all to pay up( no sale ive already spent 3.5 times that price give me a life time then free , and they got a guy in that thread braggin how it takes 3 secs to get in....) i wish i had 22000 times 200 bucks then we'd see whining ....when the self entitled 200 dollar peeps cant get in cause it CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH....there isnt caapcity in this network structure.
    • sund0gsund0g Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Im in a queue at spot number 19,256.................What the **** are you doing STO? Fix your **** you ****ing ITT Tech graduates.

Of all the idiots at corporate that you employ, adding extra servers with the new launch never ONCE came up in a board meeting? Jesus Christ

Wow this is a new low for MMO's, queues now, for people who have paid good money and the dedicated fans of this game?....I can almost understand it for someone like me a f2per but i have spent of ?50/$70 on this game so not entirely f2p...We deserve ALOT better.
      My advice to you Cryptic is sell this game to someone bigger who can handle it. You can't sorry, I dont know what Perfect World has to do with this but, i would be getting as far away from them as possible too....concentrate on Neverwinter OR this not both you can't handle it clearly....some free business advice. No wonder crowd funding is so popular you slave to marketing games companies can't find your TRIBBLE with both hands.:eek:
    • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      here's an idea, while waiting to play Star Trek Online , why not take time to watch Star Trek, Online :D

(episodes from all series now available at startrek.com)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • casuth1casuth1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      14000 out of 21000? REALLY STO and Perfect World? Sadly I think the Diablo and Sim City launches weren't this bad.
    • monterey7monterey7 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Glad i did not spend more money to buy more keys! I almost bought a Legacy pack... which would have been a waste of money too. Not much incentive to spend money on a game that you can't join until 19000 people log off to let me in! HA!!
    • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      istianis wrote: »
      I am going to be honest , having a queue at this time of the day is bad. This defenatly means the server is not open to many players.

Queues usually start to come in games around 19.00-20.00 CET not at 16.00 CET when people are at work asleep or just getting up to go to work.

Unless the community here exists of many people who dont have to do the daily chores of us working men :)

There are many time zones around the world, the thing about the world wide web is that any point in your day is every other point for other people. It's like me complaining that you're doing your evening shopping at three in the morning - it's the evening for you. ;)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
    • wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      It would be nice if the queue notice came a little earlier in the login process. Kind of a pain to go through the entire process just to find out you have an hour wait ahead of you.
    • kane2007kane2007 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      omg 3hrs and still cant log in