test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    calbiecalbie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does appear to have hung. Im captaining position 1111. i feel special.
  • Options
    bananaramalamabananaramalama Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeh the queue is the best thing ever... just waited 12000 spots for an hour then it was my turn and all of a sudder login error.... so back to spot 17000 great the second day that i cant play this game due queue or downloading 1kbps.
  • Options
    demonicon2222demonicon2222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    below 2000, its not moving, i'm at 990

That may explain why we just hit 20k now...
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *fireworks* WOO! 20,000 cattle in the pens! *fireworks*
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yes, they are given priority.... priority in the queue. Some were trying to say Gold/Lifers had no queue at all, which isn't true.

Not completely true from experience unfortunately. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    by now people realize that ones you get in you dont ever logout for any reason as you normally would so the server is full with inactive people who are out running an errand or fix lunch or diner and just keep logged in.
  • Options
    voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20 k ?

romulan ale for evryone..

just dont tell admiral quinn
    m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

• Options
    jediworkmanjediworkman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in a queue at spot number 19,256.................What the **** are you doing STO? Fix your **** you ****ing ITT Tech graduates.

Of all the idiots at corporate that you employ, adding extra servers with the new launch never ONCE came up in a board meeting? Jesus Christ
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AHHH 133 of 20k+

• Options
    demonicon2222demonicon2222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW queue is moving again
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you want to feel privileged, buy a sub, Gold and LTS get preference in login queues, I haven't had to wait more then five minutes since LoR launched. If you're silver, you chose not to pay, so you don't get any preferential treatment.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unstuck, down to 300. Let's roll.
  • Options
    hdspringerhdspringer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think if you take all the people out of the game that just sit an talk all day would make less time for people that want to play want to chat go to a chat room
    :D
  • Options
    captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Very nice queuing system ok im bored now let me play please cryptic!
  • Options
    sethketasethketa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How bad is it that the game has 20k players who cannot play the game? Cryptic is losing 20k potential players giving them money. Even if only 1% of them actually purchase something, that is still more than the amount of money they're getting by pissing them off by not allowing them to play at all because they don't want to have more than a single server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and... stuck at 13 TRIBBLE

• Options
    inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    247 out of 19942, and it only took 2 hours!!

</sarcasm>

Even Evony wouldn't pull this kind of TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes very nice moving 3587 and stuck again....I bet if I log in will be DC or something after that ...
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must say this is quite ridiculous. We come to play this game and the servers are always full? There needs to be some better processing power for this game se we are not stuck at the loading screen or login queue for so long or at least more than one server as opposed to the single server currently available. It would make this game far more stable in my opinion if there was more than one server so that there was not as much strain on the system.

Multiple servers in RAID format would be ideal... They are worse than the Ferangi at spending money.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    spectreofwar604spectreofwar604 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a thousand places ahead of me, currently 'enjoying' 17115th place; I'm SO glad I took the day off to appreciate your work Cryptic. A perfect world? err no.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... you took a day off work to play a game that was just barely out of the launch for a major expansion & overhaul?

Hmm. Perhaps you're new to online gaming?
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    liiddzz wrote: »
    I bought this game years ago when it first came out and have paid for over a 100 days of subscription, should give me some priority over free2play people in the game :(

I know right, it's flipping stupid. I just switched to a different to find 18000 reasons to make me want to go super saiyan, scream at someone from stopping me play my game. I only went away for a bit just to find out I can't play. :(
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    lendoodelieslendoodelies Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was 12,000/19000 on login que, and my connection to the login server timed out........ *sigh*
  • Options
    xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SON OF A B****!

connection timed out to their servers and now i am at 19,800

For the amount of money they have gotten from us over the years, you think that they could at least accommodate us. They had to know that this would happen...
  • Options
    thesisckothesiscko Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great, after 1 hour of queue I managed to enter, but after checking my inventory the server kicked me off. Now Im in 19000 position, just great, very well planned... I just hope tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powermiker wrote: »
    well yeah you're right. though don't forget it's fun to be amongst the first group of folks who get to try out the new race in a new expansion. you look forward to it to see all the new things but then you don't get them at launch.

Been playing MMOs since Ever Quest bin 1999 - an I used to think like that; but after 'being the first' a couple of times (meaning also I experienced all the MAJOR bugs and errors as I went though the content, not to mention some zones being so crowded there was an actual player line in gam for certain things); I took the attitude of:

"I'll wait a week pr so and let someone else find (and the Devs fix) the egregious stuff; miss the overcrowded zones and I'l actually have a better time experienced the content the way was designed to be experienced by a player."

Burt, that's me. (Now my attitude on Expasion lauches, because I've NEVER seen one go really smooth; is to patch up - play my existing characters and tweak stuff (like new UI elements, etc.); and once the major issues seem under control (which can take a few days up to a weeek); dive into the new content, and read some of the new guides.):D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hdspringer wrote: »
    I think if you take all the people out of the game that just sit an talk all day would make less time for people that want to play want to chat go to a chat room
    :D

you mean the "Great Space Parking Lots" ESD, Qo'Nos, DS9, Drozzana, and now New Romulus.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    sogetessogetes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is crazy... Two consecutive days of maintenance, a 2gb download that took forever and then when I finally get to start the game...

Pow! 18k queue...:confused:

Seriously, alot of us spend more money on Cstore then the average Wow-player spends on monthly fees and yet there's no server capacity to handle the launch of the expansion? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    are we all going down in the queue now or are some still stuck/frozen on queue number ----
  • Options
    bigguy28bigguy28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was at 13k some then the login server timed out and now back to 19k. Yay! I guess I didn't really want to play today anyway.
  • Options
    veronusveronus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woot! 19309 out of 20498!