test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    cybergod77cybergod77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fiasco? The real fiasco is that you sit in the queue and the graphicscard is at constant full-load, thus "eating" full power while displaying basicly nothing that should be load intensive. So you sit there for 30min-1hr to get into the game and burn electric power for nothing.
    And when you switch Character you got the same TRIBBLE again...
    Bad coding! Bad planing!
  • Options
    mattyd95dxmattyd95dx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thought I would try and play for a bit before I go to my shift but I am faced with the Queue to be 12956 out of 16K. By the time it lets me in I will be gone til morning. :(
  • Options
    renew1981renew1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    16,709! New high score!

darn ! i am at 16705 , guess you win. :eek:
  • Options
    vrana7vrana7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude ... be cool.

I was 755 of 6300+ last night. It took 15 minutes and then I got my turn.

Patience is a virtue.

:)
    yeah patience is virtue...i was 11958 out of 12534 and i was waiting for little more then 90 min to enter...end when i enter in game it has crashed for an unknown reason.And yesterday i wasn't able at all to log in to game also for an unknown reason.If their server can't handle all the players they got they shouldn't put it in operate until they fixed it.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    17k and rising :P
  • Options
    dwcjackaldwcjackal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea this thing is a joke i been waiting for bout 2hrs now to get in

Iv been trying all day with no luck. not even the rom toon can get in anymore so i guess i give up for now and try tomorrow :mad:
  • Options
    law1011law1011 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    queue position 16534 out of 17064 lmao XD
  • Options
    voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here,have some romulan ale :cool:
    m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

• Options
    manfromearth82manfromearth82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It wouldn't be so bad if they actually responded to the queues and told us what they were doing about it (if anything). They seem to just ignore the user base. This game isn't made by EA is it? (please don't answer that)
    We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!
  • Options
    powermikerpowermiker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well yeah you're right. though don't forget it's fun to be amongst the first group of folks who get to try out the new race in a new expansion. you look forward to it to see all the new things but then you don't get them at launch.
  • Options
    saav1kamsaav1kam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the reason for being kicked back to the queue when players change their characters? Theoretically, they should already be IN the game after they log into the server.

I don't get this. Look at other popular MMOs. For example, EQ 2 and WoW have tons of players, and neither have queues. Why? They actually have more than ONE server to accommodate all of their players. Some servers are RP-only, some are PVP-only and the rest are just general servers serving different communities speaking in their native languages like non-English speaking players. Once the population stabilizes on some of these servers, consolidate them. Or set up a redundant server farm to share the workload among them. If one goes down, the other servers will still be there to pick up the slack. Sure, it might cost money to set up an ideal server farm or get more servers, but in the long run, the costs are justified with continued memberships and money brought in via the store on the website or other means.

So, I played for a couple hours and decided to change my characters to talk to my fleetmates. Boom. I'm back in the queue - somewhere in the range of 14k to 17k. Just to change my characters?

Really. I enjoy long queues. I'm sure Q is at the front of the line laughing at us right now. I think I saw Captain Janeway back there in the line griping about being stuck in the Queue Continuum for another 72 years.

Hire the Borg to "assimiliate" the servers.
  • Options
    emnickemnick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    Probably because golds and lifers generally convey a sense of entitlement on the forums based on the gold/lifer status.

It is not an problem to expect that to which you are actually entitled. I *am* entitled to priority over silver members when I log in. I am entitled because I have paid and one of the things included in the package I paid for was that priority status. There is nothing wrong with expecting to get what you paid for.

There is something wrong with expecting to receive the privileges of membership without having to pay for the membership like everyone else did. In fact, that very attitude is an example of an entitlement issue. It is this feeling people have that they are simply entitled to those privileges and making them pay, the same way everyone else who has those privileges was made to pay, is unfair.

Want priority log-in? By a membership and then you will be entitled to it. It will say so right in the purchase agreement, in fact.
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long is it gonna take to get to 20k? Taking all bets
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man this is not right just to play u have to wait 1 or 2 hrs
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why was there never a Login Queue before?
    I waited 3 hours in a que yesterday and now I am 14.000 in line.

three weeks ago they opened the beta tribble test
    1st thing i did was 20 minutes after it went live i logged in....
    played 6 or 7 hours
    went to bed got up
    to the never ending queue
    it was about a tenth as bad
    im not waiting for a 17000 queue that goes down about 30 a minute do some math how long im waiting....

you just boned yourselves cryptic for not solving that....
    and i found that when i did get in after this tribble bit
    no lag nothing like usual.....
    cant do the gorn minefield its borked
    and suddenly emergency patch and i cant get in a gain
    its like they want to steal my money and make it so i cant play

and why is the guy above reporting a 14000 person queue when i see 17300
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a1l1p1h1a wrote: »
    For all of the inconvenience that we the fans and customers of this game are experiencing. The programmers and owners at Cryptic should give us all a free upgrade of the ship of our choice, just for the aggrevation that they caused. That's if they want to keep loyal customers and potential customers such as myself. I've wanted to play Star Trek On Line ever since it came online. Couldn't afford it before, but now I can. If this is what happens, I'm sure not spending my money on it. Please get this fixed!:mad:

Be nice but will not happen there have been many inconvenience's of late with the maintenance that has done nothing and they have said nothing other than "Thank you for your patience" like we have a choice?

As i have said before i stopped spending within the first week of playing this game due to these inconvenience's i have no plans or reason to start up my spending when its quite obvious the company dont have a clue what they are doing and expect people to take this kind of TRIBBLE.

Buy lifetime sub while its o offer! - But you can not access the servers!!
    Buy Romulan pack while its on sale! - But you can not access the servers!!
    Buy some zen and buy premium content! - But you can not buy it as you can not access the server!!

Im just waiting for Brandon is it? To say "We are still aware of the issues and we thank you for your patience" seeing as thats al he ever says.
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Modem cuts out a lot, so I have high score a lot :D Just got 17138
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vrana7 wrote: »
    yeah patience is virtue...i was 11958 out of 12534 and i was waiting for little more then 90 min to enter...end when i enter in game it has crashed for an unknown reason.And yesterday i wasn't able at all to log in to game also for an unknown reason.If their server can't handle all the players they got they shouldn't put it in operate until they fixed it.

Yeah why we must to be patience.This game isn't sproted by 2 companies? This game isn't global online game? Why we have to wait for stupid getting queue? If server is full get a better capacity server for handle it lolz.Checkout server monkey.com geez...
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    how long is it gonna take to get to 20k? Taking all bets

It was around 12k when I first got in Q. That was about an hour ago.

20 minutes. lol
  • Options
    arctrooper1773arctrooper1773 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not professional to say "We know there's a queue and until you log off there's sod all we can do about it". They're limiting it to "we know there's a queue" on the twitter account.
  • Options
    randomglitch2randomglitch2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a thousand places ahead of me, currently 'enjoying' 17115th place; I'm SO glad I took the day off to appreciate your work Cryptic. A perfect world? err no.
  • Options
    redlights99redlights99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only logged in to express my disapointment.Cryptic/PWE knew that this was going to happen and they did nothing.How hard can it be to open a second server or whatever.Like many people i have spend alot of money on this game and i want to do my daylies and other stuff but i cant becouse of a 16k login queue or downtimes.Do you guys,yes Cryptic i'am talking to you...do you expect me to spend another dime on a game that cant handle 20k more people.All you can do is take(money)...but the service you provide is aweful.

open a second server it's geting silly.

Greets from germany
  • Options
    evilkittyofdoomevilkittyofdoom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your queue position is 14552 out of 16196. Looks like it's time to throw another vic20 on the fire..
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a single server. They've got a cluster of servers, it's just still too much for their system to handle all at once. Once people settle down into normal play-times (instead of rushing in to make new Romulans), it'll get better.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    saav1kamsaav1kam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue went up to 18k now. Won't be long.
  • Options
    ab1t0rab1t0r Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol 17200 all that downloading and i MIGHT be able to play next week at this rate. :P
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blame the botters and multiboxers, they contribute to unhealthy queues.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Down to 5274 of 18381 after almost an hour. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    72 out of 18279 and been at 72 for quite some time....:mad:

I don't even want the dirty stinking romulans...