test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the people complaining, are you life subs or gold????
  • Options
    edevans11edevans11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A login queue pisses people off period... bad tactic... how would any individual enjoy waiting 1 to 2 hours to get on an alt and start DOFF assignments, then wait the same to return to one's main?
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    Plenty of people trying to log-in, but no one wants to leave while levelling-up their new characters.

It's not just that. Even SWITCHING CHARACTERS dumps you back into the queue.

So does getting disconnected. Or crashing.

A queue system that incentivises wasting server resources by never logging out is more harm than help.
  • Options
    bumpy3bumpy3 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all,
    I'm a free to play guy. I know this makes me less than targ TRIBBLE, but still I have to say something. I was a paying member for 2 and a half years, was going to get a life time membership. I was really hopeing that I would get a chance to play with all this new content, but no! I and alot of other people will sit on the sidelines just waiting to see if ower number is called. I have been and always will be a fan of Star Trek. But have to tell you that this sucks!!!!!! I f you just would tell us that for the next month, we the no names would have to wait to play. We would. But no, for us who were here when there was no content to stay and play and do the same thing over and over again mean nothing to you. I get it, we didn't pay to play. But, we will be here when all this turns to dust. But I wouldn't show any love to the free players.
    Take care all, maybe I will see you in game. Ha, not really...... But still hears hopeing.......

Mark 88th Fleet
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20732 of 22787

dropped 200 in 10 minutes lets do this math
    100 every 5 minutes times 12 = 1200
    times ten hours = 12000

8700 left
    1200 times 7 more hours = 8400

17.5 hrs to wait

17688 NOW after 30 minutes

faster about 5000/30 minutes
    500/3 minutes or about 170 per minute

about 2hrs if the connection remains stable for a total time of 2.5 hrs
  • Options
    angelofappleangelofapple Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Atm 22 850 people are queueing :eek:
  • Options
    dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they has spent half as much getting the game ready for launch as they did on marketing and advertising there wouldn't be any problems at all. lol
  • Options
    jakeyboyjchjakeyboyjch Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would have been my second day on STO. Monday when i started playing i loved it and even thought about treating myself to some of the real money only stuff when i have played for a few more days and got into it. Instead however i get home from work at 6 press login wait an hour for it to patch then wait for an hour on the Que to get from 24k to 22k well done cryptic/perfect world you just lost yourself a willing to pay customer.
  • Options
    nastygothicnastygothic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently I am 4,464 out of 22,741 in the que.

Now, if this was a motorway, and the average length of a British car is 4.7 meters:

4.7metre x 22,741 = 106882.7miles = 66mi 728.34yd

So, effectively, Star Trek Online's traffic que is 66 miles long if you were to compare it to a Motorway/Highway...

However... if you add at least 1 meter space between each vehicle across 3 lanes:

1metre x 106882.7 miles / 3 = 35627.56666666667metres = 35627.56666666667m = 22mi 242.78yd

So, in total, our humble traffic que is the equivalent of:

66 + 22 =

88 mile tailback.

Oh, and by the way, the que is still rising.
  • Options
    deathrace147deathrace147 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking (its what I do when sto doesn't work)...

Roughly how many people can the sto servers handle anyone know a rough number?

I got from 16k to around 14k in the queue then it timed out and I am at 22k now.
  • Options
    a0k0a0t0e0s0ha0k0a0t0e0s0h Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a "gold" member but i have spent more than 100$ in this game...they really must adjust the queue accordingly. Being 23453 out of 23894 is ridiculous!!

Cryptic get your **** together!!!
    If i have paid for something i expect to get priority login at least!
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is b*****t....total b******t...

cryptic knackered it up yet again...clap..clap...clap well done guys.

and NOT ONE response from the powers at be at what they intend to do about it.

you have peed off sooooooo many players that it will be hard for them to trust you at all after this letdown.

why you couldn't repair all the bugs and issues that were in effect prior to the release of this latest installment is beyond me.

why did you feel that a new hud design was needed?
    the old version was way better, had that star trek feel about it, now I have to draw my curtains just to see anything, it's so dark.
    it looks good, but if it ain't broke...why fix it?
  • Options
    virpyrevirpyre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This may explain some of the que....

In my state college graduation happened two weekends ago, high school graduation was last weekend and as of today all kids are out of school.

I just tried an it is now capped at 22805, not even moving I was at least able to make my romulan character.

I bet I won't play him for 2 more weeks.
  • Options
    kingofpikachukingofpikachu Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Poor you it goes down 200 a min for me
  • Options
    gm1911gm1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was less than 500 when I tried this morning. Came back later in the morning and it was 3,000. Now it's nearly 23,000. No, I won't wait. I may not be a "pay to play" person but I AM a guy who has spent plenty of $$ on ZEN. If this is what Perfect World calls an improvement they're going to lose me... and this is the only PW game I'll play specifically BECAUSE I'm a Star Trek fan. These improvements are ruining the experience and removing the fun.
  • Options
    edevans11edevans11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    However many memebers pay monthly!
  • Options
    adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone from cryptic please explain the reason for these queues? I find it hard to believe that 20 thousand new players suddenly decided to join overnight.
  • Options
    sogetessogetes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Off-topic: queue up to 23.000 people now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't switch characters, because that counts as 'logging out' and dumps you back in the queue.

Can't crash, because if the game crashes you're back in the queue.

Can't get disconnected, because if you do you're back in the queue.

With a queue over 22 THOUSAND strong and inching along slowly, the above are STRONG incentives to get on a character, find a quiet spot where nothing happens (to prevent crashes), and do doff missions and nothing else all day, while hitting spacebar periodically to make sure you don't get logged out.

A five minute or so (maybe less, depending on average loading times) window where you could log back in after crashing/getting disconnected/switching characters without having to go through the queue again would do a lot to alleviate player frustration, and might help somewhat with people deliberately hogging resources by refusing to log out no matter what.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just 4,000 away then got disconnected:mad:

Every time I get disconnected I look at this message: "We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible."

And after being disconnected I think, "Maybe that's how they are getting some players 'in-game as soon as possible' ... by forcing some of us to get disconnected."

;)

I'm not being serious ... but I am getting increasingly annoyed that I paid for the Legacy Pack so that I could start on day 1 with the best possible ships and now I can't even login.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow still cant get in really make the servers bigger hell this is bs this makes me want to go bk to swtor atleast there theres no login que
  • Options
    champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got trough the queue after two hours, server not responding for five minutes.

Afk, going to play Bridge Commander.
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • Options
    glhgufglhguf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do manage to get in avoid the sol system like the plague, I got in after waiting for an hour +, finished a couple missions, tried to transwarp to the sol system and it booted me out back to the bottom again. I have been waiting for about 2 hours to get back in, sucks :(
  • Options
    stickman3447stickman3447 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol im 4000 of over 23k been staring at this reading forums and job hunting since 11am pacefic time XD
    btw when i started my que it was at 13k so patience grasshopper or in my case go back to sleep with the wife
  • Options
    glhgufglhguf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    champbacca wrote: »
    Afk, going to play Bridge Commander.

Hell ya, think I'll join ya.
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sogetes wrote: »
    Off-topic: queue up to 23.000 people now...

don't worry, all is ok, "They are aware" /sarcasm
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got in late last night after waiting in queue for a bit and start getting my new romulan character ready for some questing and then the dreaded "server going down in 15 minutes for maintenence for 2 hours". LOL I would've rather not got in at all.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bauer6 wrote: »
    and NOT ONE response from the powers at be at what they intend to do about it.

and what you want them do say?

"we are sorry but we are to cheap to have servers..go play neverwinter ,that game is running fine"

or "we dont like to have success"

or "we dont like many people see our work"
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's why I pulled over to the side of the road to laugh at the other drivers.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh the dilemma of the login queue
    A long login queue incentivises staying on, thus making the login queue even longer since nobody logs off.
    This!

45 mins ago, I was 17500th in line, now I'm 13000th. Moved up 4.5k in 45 mins=100 places per min. 13,000/100ppm=Over 2 hours wait time still. The queue is almost to 24000, so someone just signing in now has an almost FOUR HOUR WAIT!

I'm never logging out again if I can help it. You can forget about my silly Rommie Lieutenant, too... I'll be playing my main toon.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock