• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Bridge shot in background is BOSS!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    *squeals a little*

Definitely going to roll a guinea pig for this Friday.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I dont believe it, its actually happened! :eek:

I even started a new thread before a read this one :D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Playing a new character from level 1 is really kind of boring at this point. Beta re-testing the Azura mission seems, I dunno ... not really all that exciting.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Why does Stephen D'Angelo get to have traditional Canon LCARS on his bridge - and not us?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    superchum wrote: »
    Playing a new character from level 1 is really kind of boring at this point. Beta re-testing the Azura mission seems, I dunno ... not really all that exciting.

Then don't do it, it's not as if you're being forced to do it is it?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    P.E.Hunte wrote:
    Then don't do it, it's not as if you're being forced to do it is it?

It is if he is going to be part of these testing rewards - the only real compensative move to encourage people who are still paying money per month to KEEP paying money per month to TEST this stuff until F2P hits.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    nynik wrote:
    Why does Stephen D'Angelo get to have traditional Canon LCARS on his bridge - and not us?

Just as dstahl was a TOS geek and an authentic TOS bridge was released, I could imagine the long-awaited TNG authentic bridge and interior is coming.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I'm betting thats a picture taken from the new canonical Defiant bridge that they mentioned a few weeks ago. And if that's the case then bye bye blue.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    I'm betting thats a picture taken from the new canonical Defiant bridge that they mentioned a few weeks ago. And if that's the case then bye bye blue.
    I doubt that.

When was the last time you saw the Defiant Bridge?

It's most likely a Galaxy Class--color scheme matches.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I doubt that.

Not the Defiant? Look carefully at the station Bashir is sitting at in that picture you linked.

Monitors are the same, the Light Strip, and the seats appear to be similar. But on top of it, look above the monitors and you see access panels, and they are exactly the same. No other bridge set had that.

EDIT: Uploading Pictures of the Defiant Set's Engineering Console.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    Not the Defiant? Look carefully at the station Bashir is sitting at in that picture you linked.

Monitors are the same, the Light Strip, and the seats appear to be similar. But on top of it, look above the monitors and you see access panels, and they are exactly the same. No other bridge set had that.

BTW, the Defiant looks Grey on screen, but in reality it's Beige. (Got Defiant Bridge Set Pictures).

ummm... Dr. Bashir is not in that pic...

The guy sitting next to Worf is wearing a RED collar.... and the other two guys sitting are Sisko and Jake.
    (and I know you weren't referring to Jadzia) ;)

Just saying...

It's funny, the caption names everybody but the Red-shirt.... He's doomed. :eek:
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Whatever, looked like Bashir next to Kira. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, here is a picture of the actual Defiant set, the Engineering Console. Now compare that with the one in the F2P Blog and tell me that's not the same.

Defiant Engineering Console
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Jake isn't in that picture either. And the person between Worf and Nerys is a noname as well, wearing a sand colored collar.
    But yeah, looks like a defiant bridge in the blog picture. Besides, we knew that it was coming anyways.
    Defiant ship interior is to conincide with the next featured series.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    xander2525 wrote:
    Jake isn't in that picture either. And the person between Worf and Nerys is a noname as well, wearing a sand colored collar.
    But yeah, looks like a defiant bridge in the blog picture. Besides, we knew that it was coming anyways.
    Defiant ship interior is to conincide with the next featured series.

You sure about Jake... (sitting next to Kira).

It's been a while, but I seem to remember Him and Nog both being there...

I think it's the episode just after the two of them are rescued from the half-destroyed Valiant.

Something about Sisko wanting them both where he could keep an eye on them after that whole mess.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    DaveyNY wrote: »

I think it's the episode just after the two of them are rescued from the half-destroyed Valiant.

Something about Sisko wanting them both where he could keep an eye on them after that whole mess.

Jake never wore a Starfleet uniform... and this guy wears a Eng-uniform. Also he, for sure, wasnt taken by sisko with a almost non-functional Defaint on a rampage against the Marquis, a reporter is the last thing Sisko wantet to have on board while poisening planets (and I'm prety sure that picture is from that Eddinghton episode).

However, I also believe what we see is the station Worf stands at, but I'd still hope, if it IS the ingame-canon-defaint bridge, that they change the colors a little.

I mean we want to have the bridge looking like it LOOKED in the series, not the way the probs looked with diffrent lighting...
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    nynik wrote:

It is if he is going to be part of these testing rewards - the only real compensative move to encourage people who are still paying money per month to KEEP paying money per month to TEST this stuff until F2P hits.

But they don't want people to just "test" the same old stuff just to get a reward, they want people to test the entire F2P launch experience and try to entice them with a reward. They need as many people trying to break the starter stuff as possible so the F2P launch isn't as disastrous as the original launch, and know that if they allow character import, the vast majority of people are only going to "test" the end game stuff for right now. They might allow transfers later, after they've gotten the data they need about the tutorial and starter missions, but this is just phase 1 of a multi-month test. This move shouldn't be surprising for those who tested Champions Free For All, at least they aren't making half the population "silver" players for testing.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Actually, I think that pic is from an episode after the Defiant has its first encounter with the Breen energy weapon. Nog is on the bridge acting as communications between the bridge and engineering since some of the systems are down on the ship, and with ears like that he was the only one Sisko trusted to be able to hear his commands during battle.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I doubt that.

Hm, could be the interiror for the new Enterprise coming out.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thats the first thing I noticed was those LCARs in the pictures
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    joebobkill wrote: »
    Hm, could be the interiror for the new Enterprise coming out.

Possible, but if you saw that picture I linked its more likely the new canonical Defiant bridge set that they mentioned was going to be revealed in the new FE.