test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• hdspringerhdspringer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think if you take all the people out of the game that just sit an talk all day would make less time for people that want to play want to chat go to a chat room
    :D
  • captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Very nice queuing system ok im bored now let me play please cryptic!
  • sethketasethketa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How bad is it that the game has 20k players who cannot play the game? Cryptic is losing 20k potential players giving them money. Even if only 1% of them actually purchase something, that is still more than the amount of money they're getting by pissing them off by not allowing them to play at all because they don't want to have more than a single server.
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and... stuck at 13 TRIBBLE
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes very nice moving 3587 and stuck again....I bet if I log in will be DC or something after that ...
  • inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    247 out of 19942, and it only took 2 hours!!

</sarcasm>

Even Evony wouldn't pull this kind of TRIBBLE.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must say this is quite ridiculous. We come to play this game and the servers are always full? There needs to be some better processing power for this game se we are not stuck at the loading screen or login queue for so long or at least more than one server as opposed to the single server currently available. It would make this game far more stable in my opinion if there was more than one server so that there was not as much strain on the system.

Multiple servers in RAID format would be ideal... They are worse than the Ferangi at spending money.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • spectreofwar604spectreofwar604 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a thousand places ahead of me, currently 'enjoying' 17115th place; I'm SO glad I took the day off to appreciate your work Cryptic. A perfect world? err no.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... you took a day off work to play a game that was just barely out of the launch for a major expansion & overhaul?

Hmm. Perhaps you're new to online gaming?
  • neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    liiddzz wrote: »
    I bought this game years ago when it first came out and have paid for over a 100 days of subscription, should give me some priority over free2play people in the game :(

I know right, it's flipping stupid. I just switched to a different to find 18000 reasons to make me want to go super saiyan, scream at someone from stopping me play my game. I only went away for a bit just to find out I can't play. :(
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • lendoodelieslendoodelies Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was 12,000/19000 on login que, and my connection to the login server timed out........ *sigh*
  • xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SON OF A B****!

connection timed out to their servers and now i am at 19,800

For the amount of money they have gotten from us over the years, you think that they could at least accommodate us. They had to know that this would happen...
  • thesisckothesiscko Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great, after 1 hour of queue I managed to enter, but after checking my inventory the server kicked me off. Now Im in 19000 position, just great, very well planned... I just hope tomorrow will be a better day.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powermiker wrote: »
    well yeah you're right. though don't forget it's fun to be amongst the first group of folks who get to try out the new race in a new expansion. you look forward to it to see all the new things but then you don't get them at launch.

Been playing MMOs since Ever Quest bin 1999 - an I used to think like that; but after 'being the first' a couple of times (meaning also I experienced all the MAJOR bugs and errors as I went though the content, not to mention some zones being so crowded there was an actual player line in gam for certain things); I took the attitude of:

"I'll wait a week pr so and let someone else find (and the Devs fix) the egregious stuff; miss the overcrowded zones and I'l actually have a better time experienced the content the way was designed to be experienced by a player."

Burt, that's me. (Now my attitude on Expasion lauches, because I've NEVER seen one go really smooth; is to patch up - play my existing characters and tweak stuff (like new UI elements, etc.); and once the major issues seem under control (which can take a few days up to a weeek); dive into the new content, and read some of the new guides.):D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hdspringer wrote: »
    I think if you take all the people out of the game that just sit an talk all day would make less time for people that want to play want to chat go to a chat room
    :D

you mean the "Great Space Parking Lots" ESD, Qo'Nos, DS9, Drozzana, and now New Romulus.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • sogetessogetes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is crazy... Two consecutive days of maintenance, a 2gb download that took forever and then when I finally get to start the game...

Pow! 18k queue...:confused:

Seriously, alot of us spend more money on Cstore then the average Wow-player spends on monthly fees and yet there's no server capacity to handle the launch of the expansion? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    are we all going down in the queue now or are some still stuck/frozen on queue number ----
  • bigguy28bigguy28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was at 13k some then the login server timed out and now back to 19k. Yay! I guess I didn't really want to play today anyway.
  • veronusveronus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woot! 19309 out of 20498!
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jacrell wrote: »
    Well since its easier and quicker to perform server adjustments on servers that are offline yes I do think thats a resolution. But of course if your idea is to let the minority play whilst the majority sit in queues that go on for 12 hours + and often crash thus driving those people away then sure go ahead. But when people rant on about how there is such little Klingon content there is or how few resources are put into balance issues ect and the Devs reply that they have limited resource due to finances then remember how many customers they basically threw away.

Ah, I see, you are confused.

Do not fear, when the time comes to make server adjustments, they will certainly take the server down. But the initial parts of developing a fix, that would be identifying the source of the problem, discussing various solutions, and then programming the code to correct it, can all be done without making shard adjustments and so the shard shall remain up.

Now, as for your crazy assertion that the 10k players you saw in queue last night represent the majority of players, and your attempt to equate two bad days of service as a source for problems that have existed for three years prior to the problems you are now complaining about, I'm sorry, you're wrong. In fact, you need only look at people complaining about queues of over 200k to realize there are well over the 20k people playing this game necessary to prove that 10k is a minority of players.
  • rammurrammur Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    129000+ q way to TRIBBLE everyone off and quit thanking us for our patience i lost mine yesterday when i couldnt get on at all and now i cant get on today .
  • captooritcaptoorit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sheesh, I don't think I've ever seen a queue this long, it's up to 20k...

Not really complaining though, I love the game and will gladly wait, just wish it wasn't this ginormous.
  • timeshell7timeshell7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4000? I'm sitting at 20,000 right now. What's going on??
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the middle of a mission with a romulan toon,and twice the server kicked me off. got back on 1st time straight away,then 2nd time I end up at the back of the queue of nearly 20,000. That's abit unfair.
    Devs, whats happening with these servers??? It seems to me they can't cope with the volume of players. What are you doing to sort this problem out????
    Are we lightly to see bigger more advanced servers in the future????
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got on earlier the queue was only about 500 and everything was tolerable, at least until it timed out during a map change.

Now...22206 out of 22206
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your queue position is 14552 out of 16196. Looks like it's time to throw another vic20 on the fire..

Ha ha ha, Vic20. You know I actually had one of those way back in the mists of time. :D

I've given up on the queue, sure I'd like to play the game like many people but I'lll wait until the new found bling wears off and the servers start acting normal again, well as normal as Cryptically possible. Besides I have a ton of Game of Thrones episodes to watch that I've been neglecting by playing STO. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
    edited May 2013
    Omg!!! how many times will people requeue Cryptic with queues like this?????
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also am having this problem. As you right in the middle of a mission, switching maps to continue it, and bam game client not responding. and right back into the que, which i had to wait 3 hours just to get in and play for half an hour before the crash.
  • baktokkurbaktokkur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh how nice, 20,420 of 20,781, splendid. There goes another day of getting anything accomplished
  • slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so after finally getting in after 1hr 45mins, my pc crashes, its never crashed before.

so not only a long wait but crappy coding also
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "give it all shes got scotty"
    "I am captin"
    "well all shes got aint enough, what else you got?"
    "I could try kicking players, but I canno make any promises that will help"