test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    Once this gets all over the net..... that you have to wait to log in, and all the TRIBBLE... No matter how many ads, and promotion they have done will not help..... They simple will not get new users.... NO ONE is willing to except this! and if you do your a fool! your Not getting what you paid for!

Hey PWE! this is a instant instant world! We Want it now or we go else ware to spend our money! You cant keep up you lose! ITS THE WAY IT IS!

I for one will not spend another dime on this TRIBBLE, I feel like I have waste all the money I have spent up to now. And even if they get it fixed.. If ever.... I will still not spend any money for anything again. I feel coned. I am even think about calling the cc card company and telling them I did not get what I paid for and disputer there 124.00 transaction. I DID NOT GET WHAT I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET OR PROMISTED!

Simple as that....

Yeah, back in the day, login queues KILLED "World of War craft" - they never got to the height of 12 million subscribers all because of those pesky login queues that proved people were really interested, and that they really wanted to play, and that their servers wouldn't be ghost towns...oh, wait...

The fact is, people who want to play will eventually come back and play once they hear the issues are resolved (which they will be) - and as long as new content is added, they always have a chance to bring back old players, bring in new players. Why? No MMO is perfect - they all experience issues from time to time (specially on the release of a new expansion); so when that happens to another MMO; some players will go "Hey, STO looks stable again, let me go try that again for a while.) Most MMO players are transitory, and (except for a few that may really enjoy one particular game, and really decide to stick with it front to back) - jump from one game to another for a time as the mood hits them.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's an MMO, millions of People play everyday......more people than usual want to try out the new content right now.

Exactly my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    a1l1p1h1aa1l1p1h1a Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all of the inconvenience that we the fans and customers of this game are experiencing. The programmers and owners at Cryptic should give us all a free upgrade of the ship of our choice, just for the aggrevation that they caused. That's if they want to keep loyal customers and potential customers such as myself. I've wanted to play Star Trek On Line ever since it came online. Couldn't afford it before, but now I can. If this is what happens, I'm sure not spending my money on it. Please get this fixed!:mad:
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited an hour in a queue,played for 35 minutes,crashed now in a queue again.wouldn't mind the wait so much if I knew I would be able to play without getting dropped by the server after such a short playing time.
  • Options
    ratten007ratten007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    15000 waiting to login here, time for extra servers i would say. I refuse to wait 1 hour to play fix this or loose many players
  • Options
    antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    couldn't log in last night (21st) due to the unknown error. fixed wahey.
    today from lunchtime, started off couple of hundred in que, no big deal 5 mins wait, have a cig, make a coffee.
    kicked out for no reason back to login screen. tried to log back in and was 4k in que, waited nearly an hour, got back in and within 6 minutes got a CTD with a cryptic error report window. am now 15k+ in que and it's 7:30pm so i doubt i'm actually gonna get to play for long if/when i get in to game. this is starting to get very annoying after i spent ?102 on the legacy pack and am getting lifers in about 3 weeks not to mention i've been playing since launch with my pre order.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a1l1p1h1a wrote: »
    For all of the inconvenience that we the fans and customers of this game are experiencing. The programmers and owners at Cryptic should give us all a free upgrade of the ship of our choice, just for the aggrevation that they caused. That's if they want to keep loyal customers and potential customers such as myself. I've wanted to play Star Trek On Line ever since it came online. Couldn't afford it before, but now I can. If this is what happens, I'm sure not spending my money on it. Please get this fixed!:mad:

i second that motion :)
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    ceixariceixari Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently at 5217/15740 and that was at 12k when I started in this queue, so down 7k at least. I made the error of switching to another character :eek:
  • Options
    talutah54talutah54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow I am so glad I don't pay to play this game. I play many different mmorpg's and this is the largest queue I have ever been in. By what I have read on the forums even Gold members are having to wait in long queues.
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one less in the queue
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get what you pay for. Gold members have no queue at all. They log in instantly. If you want to play that badly, pop 14 bucks for a month of Gold and play.

No, Gold members (and LTSers) DO NOT auto bypass the login queues, we DO get priority - and get sent to the front of the queue, ahead of other Silver players; but we still get stuck in the queue when the server is filled to capacity.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to send the next song to the 15884th person in the line. you might have to play it twice, but I dont want you to get bored while in the line
    cheers, from person no. 8840

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    skotte1skotte1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF !

kicked from queue again - 20mins max waitin in queue ?
    watched it this time - queue window disapeared and logged me out

cya some other time , maybe
  • Options
    jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    i second that motion :)

I third that motion
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3580 of 16024... almost there, but on the 1st map change it will most likely kick me
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, Gold members (and LTSers) DO NOT auto bypass the login queues, we DO get priority - and get sent to the front of the queue, ahead of other Silver players; but we still get stuck in the queue when the server is filled to capacity.

I fully agree with you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3500 range out of 16k :eek:
  • Options
    krankmanrkrankmanr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue is now over 15k, this isn't an issue it's a fiasco. I understand waiting when a new release comes out but come on! We are aware that there is a queue to log in at this time?! Whoop-ti-goldarn-do! Awareness is not a resolution.
  • Options
    jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6196 out of 16380 - watching old episodes of Dragnet to pass the time
  • Options
    softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byzanathos wrote: »
    one less in the queue

"Woot Woot" 13007 / 16160 I might be in by Dinner :eek: lmao!! Maybe if they rent a extra sever or 2 with all the money from sales of the new packs. hehe :o
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
    ]

Happy to support, but see me in game? Well possibly, I only have 4hrs till I go to bed. Fingers crossed. Luckily I've get S4 of SG1 to keep me occupied. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    lakiasthelightlakiasthelight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    currently 15229 here out of 16554
  • Options
    omnideath21omnideath21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should implement a new server. this one is bulging at the seams.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    8860 out of 16.4k there goes my dilithium mining grind for today on my 4 toon's then :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    pepper198626pepper198626 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea this thing is a joke i been waiting for bout 2hrs now to get in
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, hey, the best way to avoid the queue - keep bumping your character so you aren't considered "idle" when you minimize to hang out on the forums :)
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    16,709! New high score!
  • Options
    psarch1psarch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok this is ridiculous... how i'm suppose to w8 for 1 hour to play ? some of us have work and we are spending our precious time here , playing sto... at least trying to play...

cryptic will loose many gold/silver players if this goes on... 16k ppl in queue ... and when u are last of them u will go play other game, or go outside for a walk... (joke :D )

i know that they dont want to spend extra money on servers that they maybe wont need in future... but comon... they have other games too and they could use this new server on demand ... but right now it can be used to be less queue in sto... but anyways i'm still w8 and u think i will log out and try tomorrow... maybe i will be lucky... :))
  • Options
    captainberferncaptainberfern Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue system does not even follow any logical plan,I went from 11689 out of 11869 to 36 out of something else then instead of getting in it switched numbers..Either do away with it or get it fixed...