test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once this gets all over the net..... that you have to wait to log in, and all the TRIBBLE... No matter how many ads, and promotion they have done will not help..... They simple will not get new users.... NO ONE is willing to except this! and if you do your a fool! your Not getting what you paid for!

Hey PWE! this is a instant instant world! We Want it now or we go else ware to spend our money! You cant keep up you lose! ITS THE WAY IT IS!

I for one will not spend another dime on this TRIBBLE, I feel like I have waste all the money I have spent up to now. And even if they get it fixed.. If ever.... I will still not spend any money for anything again. I feel coned. I am even think about calling the cc card company and telling them I did not get what I paid for and disputer there 124.00 transaction. I DID NOT GET WHAT I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET OR PROMISTED!

Simple as that....
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is one major flaw that Cryptic is not considering: Its just gone 6PM here in the UK and i am having to wait in a que of 13,000, i'm patient but i should imagine that our US cousins are just waking up or having lunch and only NOW getting onto their computers to play STO.

My point is this, by the time UK players have finished their choirs/work/college what ever a very large fan base over there in the states are jumping onto their comps to play STO, has anyone noticed the population in the que jumping up in the thousands in the last hour ?? Cryptic you are dis-enfranchising European fans/players, effectively losing money from over seas.

I Don't blame Cryptic for the abysmal launch and neither should other players here, i expected trouble in the first place, but i'd advise Cryptic to jump on the back of PWE to install more servers or i promise STO WILL be dying as a game in over a year.

The LoR launch was supposed to make money, not lose it ?
  • Options
    fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13288 out of 14115?! really?! I've never waited in the 3 years of this game.

well....your gonna wait now......lol 1200 out of 14255
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captain... I cannot break tha laws of physics!!
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy login queue Batman!

Not unexpected and not a complaint, but wow, the first time I've had a huge queue. 14102 of 14120 when I started the game.

Now down to 13468 of 14305...hoping I don't have to do this each time I switch characters. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwcjackal wrote: »
    Ok this is just getting silly now. larst night i could not update, managed to sort that out then everytime i tryed to log in the sever would time out...and now i get stuck in Queue (first time iv ever been in Queue for this game by the way) ...and then the server times out out on the loading sceen.

The odd thing is this seems to only affect my fed toon. Iv made a romulan toon and that works just fine ...no Queues at all. What going on here ??????

Anyone else getting this ?

It's affecting EVERYONE no matter what they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login Queue.....I can't believe this nonsense. I've never had to wait to play even when they rolled Season 7. Currently 12447 out of 14287. I cannot believe that Cryptic is still relying on so few servers.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kirk's enterprise's warp drive is about as functional as our STO servers, completely freakign random, sometimes warp speed, sometimes overdrive, sometimes a random worm hole forms when your going... "its nuu good captin, we dun got da powar"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes you will, and if you log for even 1 sec....
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy login queue Batman!

Not unexpected and not a complaint, but wow, the first time I've had a huge queue. 14102 of 14120 when I started the game.

Now down to 13468 of 14305...hoping I don't have to do this each time I switch characters. :D

Where it got that high last night, they took the server down as part of an attempt to fix it...

Made posts about trying to work it down etc... So yeah. Something's broken again probably.
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you will... every time
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got to play for a while, the new stuff is pretty good, the Romulan storyline is a bit slow but is entertaining.

Although I think the queue thing is a total and complete pain in the ...., it is better than ERROR 37
  • Options
    generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yay i am in
  • Options
    talutah54talutah54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand waiting in a queue, but on other games I have played the queue goes down not up. One minute you are 1 out of 10 then it goes 1 out of 50. :confused:
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captain....the STO login Queue is creating a tear in the space-time continuum :D
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    Once this gets all over the net..... that you have to wait to log in, and all the TRIBBLE... No matter how many ads, and promotion they have done will not help..... They simple will not get new users.... NO ONE is willing to except this! and if you do your a fool! your Not getting what you paid for!

You get what you pay for. Gold members have no queue at all. They log in instantly. If you want to play that badly, pop 14 bucks for a month of Gold and play. The queues will be gone in a week. This happens EVERY new season. As the "rush" of excitement over new content wears off, there will be no more queue. Next season this thread type will repeat itself, and just like this thread, it will be forgotten in less than a week as we settle in and enjoy the game.

It is just like the last thread like this . . . last season . . . and no one here even remembers it because this thread acts like this is the first time STO has had a queue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its called being cheep cheep cheppp!. Hey Criptic and PWE want me to slap acouple of server together for yea.... Only take me about an hour AND IT WILL ONLY COST YEA 9999999999999999 in dil!
  • Options
    harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if you think this queue is annoying, you should try it on unstable internet that boots you off every 3-4 hours for a minute or two. This way, you get to spend 2 hours just trying to log in, maybe getting to play for up to an hour if you're lucky, before getting booted out and sent back to the bottom of the queue.
  • Options
    phoboss4phoboss4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30 mins down the line, 13078th position out of 14688... It begins to exceed the threshold of my virtue. I'm getting bored of watching BSG waiting to be logged on.
  • Options
    velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13767 out of 14374.

Might get in when it's time to go to bed...
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf... i got demoted from 8331/14521 to 10245/14752
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wrong! I am a gold Member! I been playin since the very 1st day this game ever came on line! You probably just have a lower ping.. so you get in fast.....
  • Options
    fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woohoo 325......i am now taking bids on my position ....anyone ?? hello ??
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    Wrong! I am a gold Member! I been playin since the very 1st day this game ever came on line! You probably just have a lower ping.. so you get in fast.....

Ping has nothing to do with the queue.
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So a lot of you expect to log in normally without there being long waits? This is an EXPANSION, a new thing for everyone to enjoy. It's made a'lot of people excited and everyone tries to log in and the servers just cant take it all at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a gold member (no lifer), so far no problem what so ever to enter of exit the game.
    My character switching is just as fast as last weekend.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get what you pay for. Gold members have no queue at all. They log in instantly. If you want to play that badly, pop 14 bucks for a month of Gold and play. The queues will be gone in a week. This happens EVERY new season. As the "rush" of excitement over new content wears off, there will be no more queue. Next season this thread type will repeat itself, and just like this thread, it will be forgotten in less than a week as we settle in and enjoy the game.

It is just like the last thread like this . . . last season . . . and no one here even remembers it because this thread acts like this is the first time STO has had a queue.

I can speak from experience that gold members logging in instantly is not true, I have gold atm and I have a very high queue. :(

I'd be tempted to bust the credit card if I'd get in quick all the time. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    Have fun then, more room for people who want to play STO :D

More room for me.....
  • Options
    stiwensstiwens Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see how devs are dealing with the problem. They'll wait until queue will be so long players will decide to play another game instead to wait, then problem will disapear and devs will happily announce that problem is fixed.