test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3737 of 11819 now might watch a film while i wait :rolleyes:
  • Options
    arctrooper1773arctrooper1773 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha, they heard me. Now in 11645 players time.

I'm amazed that people seem to think this will be a quick fix. Just take the servers offline or add more or wave a magic wand. Server space is pricey. If they're at the limit, they need to use some of the profit to build space.

But they won't do that until this is a regular thing. If this queue disappears in three days when nobody cares anymore, the servers they would have (if magic were involved and instantaneous server setup could be done) bought would be sitting idle.

Sit in the queue as much as possible. If it stays at 20k 24/7 over the next week, they probably will buy more server space. Until then, it's false economy. They don't know that the regulars and newbs that everyone's badgering about them losing wouldn't just wander off anyway. God knows it's expensive enough to make people think twice when you look at the pricing structure of some of the stuff available.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to Queue Trek Online: LAGacy of Romulus! :P
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In other words, the game is actually slowly dying and they know it, and outside of a few incidents of rubbernecking, the population isn't increasing, because if it were, they'd need that extra horsepower anyway. So rather than expanding space to deal with increased growth, they're going to wait it out because they know there isn't going to be any, despite their public claims to the contrary.

This is an entirely reasonable position to take. It is also a strong vote of no confidence from the insiders themselves. Combined with the LTS "sale", it becomes clear that they're trying to sell tickets on a sinking ship.

Think about that when you consider your LTS purchase: Cryptic, by their own actions, admits this game is dying. Perhaps slowly, but dying nonetheless. They may claim otherwise, but actions speak louder than words, and a non-expansionistic policy is a demonstration that they are planning for slow death.
    I'll go get the tin foil for your hat, just stay right there. In the meantime, dump everything you can onto the Exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    thesisckothesiscko Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf is this???? 9885 of 11964 ??? Are you insane or what?? I've just dropped 20? for god sake, fix this damm **** right away...
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking about become gold member but after this ridiculous happens last weeks especially last 2 days nightmare... Hell no!!!
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um... 2 minutes?! Yeah, takes 2 minutes for the log in screen to load in order to get to the point where the next message is that there is a queue which hasn't moved at all in the last hour and is now over 11K deep.... and oh, I started well over 2 hours ago, this is the second queue of the day so far. I know there are probably the dregs of people still waiting from when I briefly made it in from the first queue of the day.

Really this stuff should have been easy to forecast and a prepared company would bring extra infrastructure at a major release junction such as this. While I don't know numbers, I'm pretty sure that MMORPG's such as Guild Wars faced larger (vastly) numbers of avid players trying to get in at each of their expansion releases, and I never faced a log in queue there... now, LAG, that is another story, but there were at times well over 100 instances of towns for the major events - that is a mega load of players on at the same time. Seems like Perfect World needs to pay more attention, and with their list of games, they should have the assets available to temporarily shift infrastructure to more readily support increased demand at a major release point.

It was like that yesterday except it got over 15,000 on the que. I still think those that say it took 2 mins or 15 mins to get through the que are gold members. Thats the only thing I can think of cause I waited almost 30 minutes and my que never dropped below 4,000. I did eventually get into the game only to get kicked after setting up doff assignments so now I am just doing business on-line that I had planned to do today and hope that this gets resolved next free chance I get to log in.
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Welcome to Queue Trek Online: LAGacy of Romulus! :P

STO: WoW ~ STO World of Woe
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this is ridiculous and I know I spelled Queue wrong the first time lol. I have t be at work at 3:30 PM and I want to play a little before I do. I understand that the new content has been added, I want to play it like everyone else but this wait time is crazy.

Yes it is and patience is vertue which I and a lot of other people lack, but at least Cryptic is doing their best to make sure everyone EVERYONE gets in, it will take a while but think of reward the wait will bring. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12138 of 12314 - no way
    logout
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To think somewhere Q is watching, laughing his TRIBBLE off as he yanks and plugs back in Ethernet cables to the server
  • Options
    hughes51hughes51 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it likely to get better?
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll go get the tin foil for your hat, just stay right there. In the meantime, dump everything you can onto the Exchange.

lol TRIBBLE that, mail the loot to me I'll put it to good use.
  • Options
    athuranathuran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I logged in I was 3800/3800.

After almost an hour I'm 698/12354.

I going to be slightly unhappy if I lose my connection and have to login again.
  • Options
    emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    Yes it is and patience is vertue which I and a lot of other people lack, but at least Cryptic is doing their best to make sure everyone EVERYONE gets in, it will take a while but think of reward the wait will bring. ;)

Yes, I have been waiting for Legacy of Romulus ever since it was announced. I have to wait like everyone else but At least Cryptic is trying their best.
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The things we go through to play Romulans.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    once the hype cools down yeah, I was on the game earlier today for about 3 hours with much issue
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12,088 of 12,567. lol this is going to be awhile.
  • Options
    kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HERES AN IDEA FOR YA, TAKE TRIBBLE OFFLINE FOR A FEW WEEKS SO HOLO CAN HAVE THE EXTRA SERVER SPACE AND CONNECTIONS...

SIMPLES!!!

If CRAPTIC HAD BRAINS THEY WOULD BE DANGEROUS...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • Options
    lorddoominatorlorddoominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I imagine part of the problem is ppl not logging out and just going afk on their new Romuclan toon that can't spend skill points.

Not the case!
    After a few minutes of inactivity, ppl are automatically logged off (not just now, but as far as I remember)... :P
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bet it goes up past 25k tonight, didn't quite make it last night.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defiance12 wrote: »
    if this was banking you would lose costumers.

Unless is was the gaming equivalent of a 2% interest, no deposit / credit check mortgage, then the queues would be worse. That situation would also have disconnects, and gentle callers enjoying the luxurious hold music.
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek: The Epic Romulan Queue
    Star Trek: Waiting in Line
    Star Trek: To Boldly Queue, Where No-one has Queued Before :D
  • Options
    thesisckothesiscko Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is just insane, at least let the people who paid money enter first... just non sense, are there monkeys running all this or what?
  • Options
    darkness01101darkness01101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is completely unacceptable to have to wait to play a game I have spent almost 100 USD on, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OVER THERE AND LET ME PLAY MY GAME:mad:

Spent $100 but not willing to pay the subscription that lets you jump to the top of the que ?

Then deal with it for a few days till the novelty wears off and it goes back to normal.. Im a lifer and not had to wait more than a min or two each time.
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I should play some Star Wars TOR instead.
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Daytime TV......Queue with Q XD:D
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I have been waiting for Legacy of Romulus ever since it was announced. I have to wait like everyone else but At least Cryptic is trying their best.
    Couldn't agree more and same here.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brobora wrote: »
    Unless is was the gaming equivalent of a 2% interest, no deposit / credit check mortgage, then the queues would be worse. That situation would also have disconnects, and gentle callers enjoying the luxurious hold music.

I have been "enjoying the music" for almost an hour now. lol
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Queue Online