test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes you will, and if you log for even 1 sec....
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy login queue Batman!

Not unexpected and not a complaint, but wow, the first time I've had a huge queue. 14102 of 14120 when I started the game.

Now down to 13468 of 14305...hoping I don't have to do this each time I switch characters. :D

Where it got that high last night, they took the server down as part of an attempt to fix it...

Made posts about trying to work it down etc... So yeah. Something's broken again probably.
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now down to 13468 of 14305...hoping I don't have to do this each time I switch characters. :D

you will... every time
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got to play for a while, the new stuff is pretty good, the Romulan storyline is a bit slow but is entertaining.

Although I think the queue thing is a total and complete pain in the ...., it is better than ERROR 37
  • generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yay i am in
  • talutah54talutah54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand waiting in a queue, but on other games I have played the queue goes down not up. One minute you are 1 out of 10 then it goes 1 out of 50. :confused:
  • jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captain....the STO login Queue is creating a tear in the space-time continuum :D
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    Once this gets all over the net..... that you have to wait to log in, and all the TRIBBLE... No matter how many ads, and promotion they have done will not help..... They simple will not get new users.... NO ONE is willing to except this! and if you do your a fool! your Not getting what you paid for!

You get what you pay for. Gold members have no queue at all. They log in instantly. If you want to play that badly, pop 14 bucks for a month of Gold and play. The queues will be gone in a week. This happens EVERY new season. As the "rush" of excitement over new content wears off, there will be no more queue. Next season this thread type will repeat itself, and just like this thread, it will be forgotten in less than a week as we settle in and enjoy the game.

It is just like the last thread like this . . . last season . . . and no one here even remembers it because this thread acts like this is the first time STO has had a queue.
    edited May 2013
    Its called being cheep cheep cheppp!. Hey Criptic and PWE want me to slap acouple of server together for yea.... Only take me about an hour AND IT WILL ONLY COST YEA 9999999999999999 in dil!
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if you think this queue is annoying, you should try it on unstable internet that boots you off every 3-4 hours for a minute or two. This way, you get to spend 2 hours just trying to log in, maybe getting to play for up to an hour if you're lucky, before getting booted out and sent back to the bottom of the queue.
  • phoboss4phoboss4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30 mins down the line, 13078th position out of 14688... It begins to exceed the threshold of my virtue. I'm getting bored of watching BSG waiting to be logged on.
  • velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13767 out of 14374.

Might get in when it's time to go to bed...
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf... i got demoted from 8331/14521 to 10245/14752
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
    edited May 2013
    Wrong! I am a gold Member! I been playin since the very 1st day this game ever came on line! You probably just have a lower ping.. so you get in fast.....
  • fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woohoo 325......i am now taking bids on my position ....anyone ?? hello ??
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrong! I am a gold Member! I been playin since the very 1st day this game ever came on line! You probably just have a lower ping.. so you get in fast.....

Ping has nothing to do with the queue.
  • dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So a lot of you expect to log in normally without there being long waits? This is an EXPANSION, a new thing for everyone to enjoy. It's made a'lot of people excited and everyone tries to log in and the servers just cant take it all at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a gold member (no lifer), so far no problem what so ever to enter of exit the game.
    My character switching is just as fast as last weekend.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get what you pay for. Gold members have no queue at all. They log in instantly. If you want to play that badly, pop 14 bucks for a month of Gold and play. The queues will be gone in a week. This happens EVERY new season. As the "rush" of excitement over new content wears off, there will be no more queue. Next season this thread type will repeat itself, and just like this thread, it will be forgotten in less than a week as we settle in and enjoy the game.

It is just like the last thread like this . . . last season . . . and no one here even remembers it because this thread acts like this is the first time STO has had a queue.

I can speak from experience that gold members logging in instantly is not true, I have gold atm and I have a very high queue. :(

I'd be tempted to bust the credit card if I'd get in quick all the time. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    Have fun then, more room for people who want to play STO :D

More room for me.....
  • stiwensstiwens Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see how devs are dealing with the problem. They'll wait until queue will be so long players will decide to play another game instead to wait, then problem will disapear and devs will happily announce that problem is fixed.
  • distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the reboot where they gave people the extra character slot, I haven't been able to play due to queue. I'm not willing to wait in a queue, so I've just been checking back every now and then. Every time I've looked at it, other than being reset afte a server reboot, it's been higher.

Is the queue even working?
  • milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Holy login queue Batman!

Not unexpected and not a complaint, but wow, the first time I've had a huge queue. 14102 of 14120 when I started the game.

yes you will, and if you log for even 1 sec....

Ok so who you bee brown nosing! So they have you marked to go right in and out!
  • arctrooper1773arctrooper1773 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    give that man a coconut.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    14572 out of 14792... are you for serious? Is this real life? What kind of borked queue is this?
  • kotoenkakotoenka Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the real problem here is that support team didnt got the job done properly.they introduced that patch...
    1)it took alot of time to be patched.
    2)login error for unknown reason that took hrs to be fixed(i personly waited 2 hrs before go to bed
    3)now login queue.....i dont believe servers are full and right now there is 14000+ ppls to wait(1 hr and half ago there was below 7000)....unless none gets logged in at all this shouldnt be possible cuz in another 1 hr and half we gonna have login queue of like 20000+ with that speed and none will keep playing this game
    4)i changed characters like 3 times for 4 hrs i waited between 15 to 30 mins each time...this is not normal even if game becomes pay2play as someone sayed above none will pay for that

So if this is ur mistake due to the fact patch was introduced unfinished(as i believe) is better u TAKE 12HR OR 24H MAINTENCE AND FIXED THAT.MOST OF US PREFERE TO WAIT AND NOT PLAY A DAY INSTEAD OF SWITCH CHARACTERS FOR 1 HR!!!

note:before this patch everythink was fine...after that it started with all this problems.its not due to the reason that many ppls comed back to the game after they were gone or that there is many new ppls who start to play for 1st time-its due to that that support didnt done the job properly so they can either fixed it or buy better servers to log in 100,000 ppls tomorrow with that speed

is there 15000+ players at all right now trying to log in or im dreaming :D
  • ianredfernianredfern Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I can understand that there are alot of people wanting to play the new content however I have not been able to play for days now due to various problems (not all game problems).

Now I am finally able to log in and for the past hour I have been 14360 of 14368!

Would it not have been better to add an extra server when launching new content, just to use until demand stabilizes again?

Just a thought!
  • dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can speak from experience that gold members logging in instantly is not true, I have gold atm and I have a very high queue. :(

Exactly why do people think being a gold or lifer makes THEM so special? I paid for this game and do I expect special treatment? I don't because a lot of people like you and me want to try new things like a lot of others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the reboot where they gave people the extra character slot, I haven't been able to play due to queue. I'm not willing to wait in a queue, so I've just been checking back every now and then. Every time I've looked at it, other than being reset afte a server reboot, it's been higher.

Is the queue even working?

Yes, sort of. It was down at about 1000 when I first logged in this morning and it's exploded since. Again. Like last night when they said it was broken and needed fixed and were working to get everyone through etc...

Which they're not doing now. 'We're aware there's a queue'. Bit of difference between 1000 or less and the 15000 we got now!