test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• dankodangidankodangi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x/15000 cue now wow umm this is some kind of sick and twisted joke

Lagecy of Q ...the wait of a lifetime

Romulus or bust ...busted server clogged pipes lets find a new planet

Lagecy of Romulus the invasion of Q

All jokes aside what i did get to see via the tribble server before it went live i loved was a amazing patch and build out for all the new content ...goodluck IT and devs sorting out this mess
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jamesbryce wrote: »
    why can't they have dedicated servers for each faction (Feddy, Klingon, and now Romulans) with each having an expansion server on it for when they roll new content to ensure this whole wait thing doesn't happen anymore

Why purchase all of that for a queue that will be gone in just a few days? As I said before, this happens EVERY season launch, and in less than a few days the onslaught of excitement settles and there is no more queue. The same is already happening here - yesterday the queues were in the hundreds of thousands. Today I logged on and there was only around 14k in queue. I am now down to 3,000-ish. Tomorrow we may not even see queues in the thousands, but by Friday there will be smooth logins as usual.
  • nynjasquirrelnynjasquirrel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently at 15107 in queue... possibly the highest number I've ever had for any game, beta or launch. /yay me.
  • kriti84kriti84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I waited 2 hrs, and than got a server not responding, and here we are, 15230/15233 !:eek::(:mad:
  • dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly! They are doing what they can for ALL of us...its going to take time and i'm going Fed :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More likely Solution: Don't switch characters, don't let yourself be logged out for inactivity even if you're not doing anything.

Queue, especially a large one actually makes the problem worse because it encourages people to hog space on the server by incentivising them to do so.

Why log out and let someone else play if it means you won't be able to play when you want to?
  • byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    14330/15270

going to make just logging in my few characters to redo doff missions take about 3 hours.

bit of a shocker really.
  • snowtrek74205snowtrek74205 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why was there never a Login Queue before?
    i waited 3 hour in a que yesterday and now I am 14.000 in line.
  • voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kriti84 wrote: »
    I waited 2 hrs, and than got a server not responding, and here we are, 15230/15233 !:eek::(:mad:

congrats

;)
    m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

• k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic makes two servers! Holodeck, and Holodeck2! They would be a complete copy/past of each other, but, would allow twice as much people to play at one time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    Things like this happen all the time and cryptic is working on a way to get everyone in game

It's an MMO, millions of People play everyday......more people than usual want to try out the new content right now.
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently at 15107 in queue... possibly the highest number I've ever had for any game, beta or launch. /yay me.

It was over 20,000 last night before they fixed it. Granted by the time it hit 10,000, they said they were trying to fix it. Now they seem to be trying to ignore it.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why purchase all of that for a queue that will be gone in just a few days?

You realize that many of the people that will quit after a few days will likely do so because of the queues, right? So, while you can say that it is nonsensical for Cryptic/PWE to upgrade their servers for the short term, since the short term does not reflect what they will require for the long term. You could just as easily say that the neglect of the short term affects their long term customer retention.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only 7972 people in front of me... not sure if I'm happy or sad.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    some of you are questioning whether gold/lifers get priority in ques. here's your answer

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix

According to that link, "gold members are placed in the front of log-in ques."

Im F2P, but im just pointing that out

In my case, there is either 14000 in front of me who are gold as well, or the system is borked. :confused:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • snowtrek74205snowtrek74205 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why was there never a Login Queue before?
    I waited 3 hours in a que yesterday and now I am 14.000 in line.
  • kotoenkakotoenka Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah kinda funny...like none gets logged in at all...just ppls that try log in get more :D
  • voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess this a good time to increase my post count ...

:eek:
    m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

edited May 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Has nothing to do with that. One of the benefits of being Gold/lifer is being bumped to the front of the login queue. It's a perk for spending the money.

Yet they are going to have to face the horrible realization that they are going to have to wait either way....I really don't think there is only one gold or lifer here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my case, there is either 14000 in front of me who are gold as well, or the system is borked. :confused:

knowing PWE, its completely possible... actually, i guarantee it
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    Once this gets all over the net..... that you have to wait to log in, and all the TRIBBLE... No matter how many ads, and promotion they have done will not help..... They simple will not get new users.... NO ONE is willing to except this! and if you do your a fool! your Not getting what you paid for!

Hey PWE! this is a instant instant world! We Want it now or we go else ware to spend our money! You cant keep up you lose! ITS THE WAY IT IS!

I for one will not spend another dime on this TRIBBLE, I feel like I have waste all the money I have spent up to now. And even if they get it fixed.. If ever.... I will still not spend any money for anything again. I feel coned. I am even think about calling the cc card company and telling them I did not get what I paid for and disputer there 124.00 transaction. I DID NOT GET WHAT I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET OR PROMISTED!

Simple as that....

Yeah, back in the day, login queues KILLED "World of War craft" - they never got to the height of 12 million subscribers all because of those pesky login queues that proved people were really interested, and that they really wanted to play, and that their servers wouldn't be ghost towns...oh, wait...

The fact is, people who want to play will eventually come back and play once they hear the issues are resolved (which they will be) - and as long as new content is added, they always have a chance to bring back old players, bring in new players. Why? No MMO is perfect - they all experience issues from time to time (specially on the release of a new expansion); so when that happens to another MMO; some players will go "Hey, STO looks stable again, let me go try that again for a while.) Most MMO players are transitory, and (except for a few that may really enjoy one particular game, and really decide to stick with it front to back) - jump from one game to another for a time as the mood hits them.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited May 2013
    It's an MMO, millions of People play everyday......more people than usual want to try out the new content right now.

Exactly my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • a1l1p1h1aa1l1p1h1a Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all of the inconvenience that we the fans and customers of this game are experiencing. The programmers and owners at Cryptic should give us all a free upgrade of the ship of our choice, just for the aggrevation that they caused. That's if they want to keep loyal customers and potential customers such as myself. I've wanted to play Star Trek On Line ever since it came online. Couldn't afford it before, but now I can. If this is what happens, I'm sure not spending my money on it. Please get this fixed!:mad:
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited an hour in a queue,played for 35 minutes,crashed now in a queue again.wouldn't mind the wait so much if I knew I would be able to play without getting dropped by the server after such a short playing time.
  • ratten007ratten007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    15000 waiting to login here, time for extra servers i would say. I refuse to wait 1 hour to play fix this or loose many players
  • antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    couldn't log in last night (21st) due to the unknown error. fixed wahey.
    today from lunchtime, started off couple of hundred in que, no big deal 5 mins wait, have a cig, make a coffee.
    kicked out for no reason back to login screen. tried to log back in and was 4k in que, waited nearly an hour, got back in and within 6 minutes got a CTD with a cryptic error report window. am now 15k+ in que and it's 7:30pm so i doubt i'm actually gonna get to play for long if/when i get in to game. this is starting to get very annoying after i spent ?102 on the legacy pack and am getting lifers in about 3 weeks not to mention i've been playing since launch with my pre order.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a1l1p1h1a wrote: »
    For all of the inconvenience that we the fans and customers of this game are experiencing. The programmers and owners at Cryptic should give us all a free upgrade of the ship of our choice, just for the aggrevation that they caused. That's if they want to keep loyal customers and potential customers such as myself. I've wanted to play Star Trek On Line ever since it came online. Couldn't afford it before, but now I can. If this is what happens, I'm sure not spending my money on it. Please get this fixed!:mad:

i second that motion :)
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • ceixariceixari Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently at 5217/15740 and that was at 12k when I started in this queue, so down 7k at least. I made the error of switching to another character :eek:
  • talutah54talutah54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow I am so glad I don't pay to play this game. I play many different mmorpg's and this is the largest queue I have ever been in. By what I have read on the forums even Gold members are having to wait in long queues.
  • byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one less in the queue