Feds get the Leech

Comments

• Options
    johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There fixed that for you

Leech moan 1

Leech moan 2

learn to read in hear more and talk to the opposing side in stf's and php more seriously every fed I've know has all said they want the leech but you ust be in the 1 % category of huh i'm lost and believe what I want kinda people lol get real or try to :)
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johndroid wrote: »
    learn to read in hear more and talk to the opposing side in stf's and php more seriously every fed I've know has all said they want the leech but you ust be in the 1 % category of huh i'm lost and believe what I want kinda people lol get real or try to :)

English, you should try it.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johndroid wrote: »

Learn to speak.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    First link starts off mentioning the silence when maco and leech were combined for the kdf vs the roar when it might have happened for the fed. No not a request for leech

The second is asking about the balance of the leech (poorly) not asking that feds get it.

Granted I didnt read very far into the thread since they usualy end up as troll fests.

Not directly at you personally, but at every fed that has taken it upon themselves to come and gloat, further affirming my overall impression of what drove me from playing as Fed in the first place.

Point taken, but I didn't even try to find the juicy ones. Frankly don't care at this juncture. I don't even use leech.

I'm glad the Feds are getting it actually. They can start enjoying it on each other. Fed q's are going to be busy busy with all the cloaks, etc etc.

So while the Feds are gloating over Klingon-players "whining", I leave you with this. TRUST me, the time will come very soon when I shall return the favor tenfold.

Yes, I believe the safety of the Fed nursery patch is about to get squashed permanently.

Your entire PvP experience from here on out is going to be a cloaked-alpha-Kerrat-style-gank-fest from hell.

And I will cheer as I watch your frenzied "OP cloaker" threads pop-up like mushrooms overnight. Oh wait! We already have those.

Can't wait for Feds to get Ace. Assimilators.

I will bring the band. I will roll a Fed just to sit on the sidelines and cheer.

I can be just as petty as the host of self-righteous, ego-inflated Fed-centric ^&*@heads, that have gleefully infused themselves in KDF grievances, with gross schadenfreude.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first link was a troll thread by SeekerKorhil and if you read the thread many KDF complained on the pairing of of MACO and leech at the time and even the idea of adapted SYD gear.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The second link is another troll thread, possibly from ignorance, that came well after the PL had been discussed to death by the community.
    It seems the feds love to troll the KDF.

As to this thread, it seems the feds are trolling here as well because the only gripe Im hearing is that timing for the lockbox sucks becuase it removed the one good lure for new romulan players to join the KDF and overcome the singularity core lower power value.
    Now there is none.
    It would have been for the KDF if the aceton assimilator been released forst and the PL released after the summer.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not directly at you personally, but at every fed that has taken it upon themselves to come and gloat, further affirming my overall impression of what drove me from playing as Fed in the first place.

Point taken, but I didn't even try to find the juicy ones. Frankly don't care at this juncture. I don't even use leech.

I'm glad the Feds are getting it actually. They can start enjoying it on each other. Fed q's are going to be busy busy with all the cloaks, etc etc.

So while the Feds are gloating over Klingon-players "whining", I leave you with this. TRUST me, the time will come very soon when I shall return the favor tenfold.

Yes, I believe the safety of the Fed nursery patch is about to get squashed permanently.

Your entire PvP experience from here on out is going to be a cloaked-alpha-Kerrat-style-gank-fest from hell.

And I will cheer as I watch your frenzied "OP cloaker" threads pop-up like mushrooms overnight. Oh wait! We already have those.

Can't wait for Feds to get Ace. Assimilators.

I will bring the band. I will roll a Fed just to sit on the sidelines and cheer.

I can be just as petty as the host of self-righteous, ego-inflated Fed-centric ^&*@heads, that have gleefully infused themselves in KDF grievances, with gross schadenfreude.

Its cool I didn't take it personally. really tho I think the vast majority of the player base either has no idea this exists or care about it. The majority of "whiners" and "gloaters" on the forums probably represent a tiny portion of the total player base. and if you figure half of us are trolls at least half the time it gets smaller.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Its cool I didn't take it personally. really tho I think the vast majority of the player base either has no idea this exists or care about it. The majority of "whiners" and "gloaters" on the forums probably represent a tiny portion of the total player base. and if you figure half of us are trolls at least half the time it gets smaller.

You are a level-minded and sincere individual. Kudus.
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I was kind of wondering then the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo launcher would become available to the KDF. Since they have already included the Bioneural Warhead in one of the console Reward Packs, it only makes sense that we'd see that soon as a balance of sorts. Has there been any mention of this coming, or am I being overly optimistic?

This will NEVER happen. The Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher will never be available to the KDF in that way because it is an exclusive weapon created specifically for those who purchased the Sovereign +1 / The Regent, from the Zen Store.

Nice try, though.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    This will NEVER happen. The Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher will never be available to the KDF in that way because it is an exclusive weapon created specifically for those who purchased the Sovereign +1 / The Regent, from the Zen Store.

Nice try, though.

Just because its from a specific ship, doesn't mean the KDF can't/won't get it. ALL of the consoles so far fit that description-why would the WAL be off limits?
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're NOT listening. It's an EXCLUSIVE item to a Zen Store ship. It will Never be released as an in game drop or from a Lock Box. If you want the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher, do what the rest of us had to do, purchase the ship from the Zen Store.

Cryptic has said before that it will not include consoles or weapons that are exclusive to the ships in the Zen store as in-game drops or lock box items. Just what do you think "exclusive" means anyway?

You can keep wishing, hoping, moaning and complaining, but the WAQTL will never be made available in that way.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're NOT listening. It's an EXCLUSIVE item to a Zen Store ship. It will Never be released as an in game drop or from a Lock Box. If you want the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher, do what the rest of us had to do, purchase the ship from the Zen Store.

Cryptic has said before that it will not include consoles or weapons that are exclusive to the ships in the Zen store as in-game drops or lock box items. Just what do you think "exclusive" means anyway?

You can keep wishing, hoping, moaning and complaining, but the WAQTL will never be made available in that way.

Actually your only half right. When cryptic says exclusive they mean ship bound consoles. The wide angle torp isn't ship bound.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    You are a level-minded and sincere individual. Kudus.

Thank you, I try.

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually your only half right. When cryptic says exclusive they mean ship bound consoles. The wide angle torp isn't ship bound.

It's also not a console.
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm not sure who you're talking to, since I'm not whining, hoping, etc. In fact, I don't even play the KDF. I also don't understand why you think there's no chance the WAL could ever be put into a cross faction box. All the consoles so far are "exclusive" to Z-Store ships. I doubt Cryptic would ever put a console that is ship locked in a box, but the WAL can be put onto any ship, once you purchase the Regent, so again, what makes you think it's "exclusive?"
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wow...really? Do you not realize that until yesterday, the only way to get the Plasmonic Leech console was to purchase the Vandal destroyer, available only from the C-store? Your wide angle is not safe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Wow...really? Do you not realize that until yesterday, the only way to get the Plasmonic Leech console was to purchase the Vandal destroyer, available only from the C-store? Your wide angle is not safe.

Its the double edged logic that always erupts in these threads.
    "we should have yours but you cant have ours" arguement.

Frankly the wide angle launch would have been the better choice for the KDF than the emmission seeking torpsince we KDF have not been complaing about increase in cloaking now in the game, imo.

R.I.P
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013

*facepalm*
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Frankly the wide angle launch would have been the better choice for the KDF than the emmission seeking torpsince we KDF have not been complaing about increase in cloaking now in the game, imo.

No doubt.

But the emission-seeking torpedo does kind of fit thematically with LoR so it was a natural choice, I think.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    spartangamerspartangamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait to see alot of decisions by Cryptic coming back to haunt them when the servers are vacant after the release of Star Citizen.
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care about the Feds getting the Leech so much as the fact that the Feds get the Leech for almost nothing since EC is easy, and the KDF players have to spend a chunk of zen for it.

Cryptic owes KDF players a refund. (ha)
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    I don't care about the Feds getting the Leech so much as the fact that the Feds get the Leech for almost nothing since EC is easy, and the KDF players have to spend a chunk of zen for it.

Depends how you play. Getting it for my 6 Fed/Fed-Rom ships is going to add up. Buying enough contraband to buy a Vandal would be cheaper.
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's also not a console.

Bio-neural Warhead is also not a console it is a weapon that goes in a weapon slot but it is in a console pack.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's also not a console.

Sorry I took so long to respond stirling191.

In response to your statements, I did wish to point out that there is a precedent to the inclusion of a cross-faction weapons system being included in a lock box. As I mentioned earlier, in the post you originally quoted, the Bio-neural Warhead has already been released in the Dominion Lock Box. This is also not a console. For reference, see the Dominion Lock Box blog from January 2013.

Also, you pointed out that the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher is exclusive to the C-Store ship it is purchased with. From my research it is actually akin to the Bio-neural Warhead and the two Quad Cannon versions; in other words, available only through purchase of the C-Store ship and can be euipped on other starships. For more information on the Regent, see the Season 6 Dev Blog #22 from August 2012.

So, since there is already the precedent of releasing faction-specific weapons that come with C-Store ships (i.e. the Bio-neural Warhead), it is perfectly reasonable that the devs might do so again. It is actually kind of silly that they didn't do so when releasing the Bio-neural Warhead to the Federation. The "silly" part is a personal opinion, of course, but the rest... just click on the links and read for yourself.

[Edit] Upon reading last part, I find it sounded rude, which was not my intention. I apologize. I merely wished to direct you to the source material rather than simply taking my word for it.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tcostik wrote: »
    Just because its from a specific ship, doesn't mean the KDF can't/won't get it. ALL of the consoles so far fit that description-why would the WAL be off limits?

While I'm all for passing the Wide angle Q-torp to the KDF I'm not sure if Cryptic will do it.

Frankly speaking the WAQ-Torp is pretty much THE reason to get the Regent. Cryptic seems to value things like that more than more general yay or nay consoles. If they do decide to transfer it over I would expect it to be as part of a ..."less than stellar" ship with a bad boff layout, possessing questionable looks, and costing 2500 Zen. The WAQ-Torp is really a weapon of last resort for Cryptic (a killer app, if you will) in promoting sales of a ship that would otherwise tank.

So expect it to be bundled with a mediocre ship.... a ship that will in turn have an awesome fleet version lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The same can be said for the federation consoles that were given in exchange.
    I don't care about the KDF getting the emissions seeking torpedo so much as the fact that the KDF gets the emission seeking torpedo for almost nothing since EC is easy, and the FED players have to spend a chunk of zen for it.

Cryptic owes FED players a refund. (ha)

See?

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same can be said for the federation consoles that were given in exchange.

Works for me... after all, how long did you actually use the Ionized Gas Sensor console anyway? At least those that purchased the Vandal got some decent use out of its console. Well, that and the Vandal costs more :P

Wait, did you actually buy the Exeter?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a follow up after reading this thread, I bought Plasmonic Leech immediately off the exchange for a small sum of EC last night. Didn't really have the chance to do some real testing until now due to STO server issues. This is the result of using merely one single Flow Capacitor MK XII Ultra-Rare (Plasma Infused) and a build spec for power drain :

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/867220393897714791/86D1C124D94D8AEDB95A4F532121462C1D87BA78/

Weapons Power : 125 / 55
    Shields Power : 125 / 60
    Engines Power : 125 / 60
    Auxiliary Power : 130 / 25

Please note from the screenshot, the EPtS was not activated, otherwise, it would add +26.1 to Shields Power due to Electro-Plasma skill = 140, which was redundant given Shields Power is already at 125. Auxiliary power can exceed 125 due to the spec of a Warp Core that allows such design. Only 6 points go into Engines and Shields performance skills each and merely 2 points each to Weapons and Auxiliary performance skills.

The addition of Plasmonic Leech helps tremendously to attain such perfection. :) So once again, I have to thank all the Klignons who cried and attracted so much attention with this thread that now many of us, Starfleet officers, took notice and promptly incorporated it in our repertoire. :D

Last but not least, the numbers you see above isn't just some flashes that last only a few seconds, they have a total uptime of 80%, which is 24 seconds per every 30 seconds or 48 seconds per minute. With a power transfer rate at about 300%, my vessel can quickly switch to other power set ups during the very short CD and prepared to fire up again. It seems to me, Klignons will need to hide with their cloaks more than ever. :P

As for the talk about giving away wide-angle Quantum torpedo, the only fair trade I can see is Klignons giving Starfleet access to Aceton Assimilators in exchange. Otherwise, I don't foresee how the Klignons should access an advanced Starfleet technology without giving up one of their secrets.