test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could we get these Shuttles added?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This might have been suggested before im not completely sure but i do feel like it would be a great addition to the game.:D i wouldnt mind either crafting one or buying one from the C store:rolleyes:

Aeroshuttle and the SC-4 (Type-18H shuttle)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    like the aero thing :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The Aeroshuttle is a embedded auxiliary craft for the Intrepid class. It was never in the series, which makes me think it was supposed to be installed on Tuesday, but Voyager got sent after the Maquis on Monday...

And don't forget the Waverider that is embedded in Nova-class ships.

I really wish they'd include the built-in shuttles with the VA+ retrofits, but they already made the Captain's Yacht (from the Sovereign) a Vet reward.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I am in favor of both of these shuttles coming in-game, as well as the Waverider, a rollbar-less Runabout, a Class 2, a Type 7, a Type 11, and a Federation Mission Scoutship.

But whats more important, I think, is having something to do with these shuttles other than the Vault and the Delta-Class Crafting Mission.
    • A Shuttle-only PvP Arena.
    • A repeatable underwater mission (use the graphical tech from Fluidic Space) similer to the Delta Flyers mission in The Waters as seen in Thirty Days.
    • A scouting mission in a ship graveyard left over after a major battle in the UFP/Klingon Empire War that utilizes stealth and cover mechanics.
    • A Shuttle Race, preferably competitive PvP, but a PvE version would be acceptable.
    • An aerial chase mission inside an atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    the shuttle i want the most is the type 6 from tng, but not gonna say no to new shuttles.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yeah. They screwed up on naming that one. Its the type 8. I want to see the Goddard from Klingon Encounter when Star Trek the Experience was still around.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yeah. They screwed up on naming that one. Its the type 8. I want to see the Goddard from Klingon Encounter when Star Trek the Experience was still around.

funnily enough i actually searched for it under type 8, and only when i looked up all shuttles did i get it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Umm.. No.

The Type 6 and the Type 8 are different shuttles.

They are similar, yes, but look at the shape of the nacelles.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Both the SC-4 and the Aero shuttle are highly requested shuttlecraft in their own right. I would not be surprised to see them soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Katic wrote: »
    Umm.. No.

The Type 6 and the Type 8 are different shuttles.

They are similar, yes, but look at the shape of the nacelles.

i could have sworn the tng ones used to be called type 8s. My mistake.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sure enough. Looks like simple fix to make type 6. Very simple.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'd honestly prefer that they add some newly designed shuttles. I'd like to see what CapnLogan can do with something as tiny as a shuttle.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    For the Type 8 and type 6 shuttles, a simple alteration to the basic shuttle already in the game is all that is needed. Allow players to mix and match parts from the two ships when customizing the skin for the free one every character recieves.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I agree that they should include the Waverider and Aeroshuttle's, and rather then give them to everyone, make them included when you get he Nova and Intrepid classes. I personally would love to see more ship specific items/powers/etc. More ships are cool and all, but I think current current ships special items that only they would typically have, then you make them more desirable for a longer period. As it stands there is very little reason to use any ships after you progress past them, with a few exceptions. They just can't stand up, so unless your are just RP or prefer the look of a specific ship, you never gonna use it again. Adding these special features, such as the Aeroshuttle to Intrepid classes would make people want to go get there old Intrepid, hop in the Aeroshuttle and run the clusters looking or crafting materials.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I love both shuttles honestly :D