test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    mortrecmortrec Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mortrec wrote: »
    ARRRRGGGG!!!

This is not funny! I finally got in and went to create my Reman thinking I could at least get my toon named before getting booted. But you have to claim that right through the c-store even if you bought the legacy pack. So I go to log in my Fed toon to claim the Reman species from the c-store.......retrieving list of maps..........unable to log in for unknown reasons!! If I wasn't already bald I would pull my hair out!

Oh nevermind it's all good. I tried to access the c-store from the website and it's offline, so there's nothing I can do even if I could get in game :D
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is probably only affecting 100% of the forum people and nobody else, so its not a big deal. Also no ingame tickets about it are being reported. So it clearly affects only a small percentage of players.

Might have some sarcasm in it.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Log-in............................................................................................................................
    Retrieving list of characters..................................................................................
    Load...............................................................................................................................
    Receiving list of maps......................................................................................................
    Login Failed
    Rinse an repeat:mad:
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darakoss wrote: »
    Captain. The odds of a successful login are 100,979,585 to 1.
    Never tell me the-
    jonsills wrote: »
    Never tell me the odds! (Oops, wrong captain...)
    Damn it, you beat me to it :mad:
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    turalisj89turalisj89 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    I play WOW, WOT, SWTOR, Rft, GW2, LOTRO All of them are functional on patch day or even expansion day. They usually have hiccups but I was able to log in and play. This is now a non functioning game. Not slow downs, not lag, simply not working at all.
    Big difference!

Absolute bull. Complete bull.

GW2 has problems every major patch, where people can't log in.
  • Options
    savingjsavingj Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First it was the launcher, the patcher, and then the login screen. 6hrs of attempting to login. I think this hit the record for the longest outage. Must suck for people who gets a server not responding while ingame and have to repeat the whole login sequence again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally back in, but scared to do anything or ever log out in case it never lets me back in or dc's me.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fear I am the last bastion of British posters, hanging on until tiredness overcomes me. In other words, most of Europe is now asleep, it's up to the Americans to carry the torch now. Go forth my brave forum posters!

I'm British and still here. I've put on the movie Alien. That'll keep me from going to bed. ;)
    velqua wrote: »
    Sounds like World War II. Too bad Paton isn't hear to take care of this mess. :P

Good thing this game isn't being run by the French. :P
  • Options
    coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am continually amazed at the term 'Programmers' in my day you actually knew how to code in assembler, now its just a set of linked routines, modules, error checks etc. so just how difficult can it be to pin stuff down? Surely you test each module on a mirror server prior to implementation? If you cant sort it on Tribble your in trouble. Same TRIBBLE with electronics techs nowadays, oh..swap that panel out that will fix it..oh hang on, we aint got a replacement..er...er...just wing it then.,,try this..ah that seems to work, we'l use it till we fit the other rubber band holding this together. in other words you are not programmers you are vending machine fillers who happen to have a replacement part in the van. Grrr
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leod198 wrote: »
    Log-in............................................................................................................................
    Retrieving list of characters..................................................................................
    Load...............................................................................................................................
    Receiving list of maps......................................................................................................
    Login Failed

i get the same
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    Well this was an amazing way to turn off thousands of potential players. Nicely done.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    beeblebrox72beeblebrox72 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bones would be going nuts, and Scotty would be pulling his hair out "We canny go on mission, she's in bits and we only have a skeleton crew!" :D
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cr4ckf0x wrote: »
    Hey... your sig... interesting way to spell your name there...:D

God Complex I cant help it ohh wait lol I see now Ill fix it
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter is running fine ,no lag or rubberbanding so we ALL (that means everybody) should go play some neverwinter....tee hee :D
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Brandon... how's your day been?

What a job. If ever there was a man who the words "don't shoot the messenger" applied to, it's you.

Actually it's probably pretty good. he's not responsible for the H-Ware/S-Ware all he has to do is scan/speed read threads like this. Periodically post something about TOP PEOPLE :D and call it a day. there are worse jobs
  • Options
    vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well put me on the list of players that are pwned too.

Also the most likely reason is the server can't handle all of us at once. Not stopping me from repeat logging in thou.

If I can't play... then none of you will either! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who is still surprised the server is still up?

They need to take the server down and isolate the problem.
    I commend the team for working hard to get this problem fixed. But at least give those of us who cant log in, something other than a false sense of hope with the green server light still being up.

The login problem is not on the game server, pulling down the game server would keep people from trying to login, which would in effect reduce their ability to narrow down and fix the issue at hand, and likely drag this on for a lot longer than it would otherwise.

I think I'm gonna give up for now and try back in a couple of hours to see if I can login then.
  • Options
    coxx7777coxx7777 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alan1701h wrote: »
    I'm British and still here. I've put on the movie Alien. That'll keep me from going to bed. ;)

Good thing this game isn't being run by the French. :P

Or like me, had to re-download patch............
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bones would be going nuts, and Scotty would be pulling his hair out "We canny go on mission, she's in bits and we only have a skeleton crew!" :D

"The word Captain?"

"The word is no. I am therefore logging in anyway"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What a job. If ever there was a man who the words "don't shoot the messenger" applied to, it's you.

If any genuine Ye Olden Daye messenger tried to relay messages like the sort of vacuous uninformative gibberish the average MMO PR team does, they would not only be shot - they'd be beheaded and their bodies would be crucified on a castle's front lawn.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Harriman lied to us. He said it would be here Tuesday.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Craptic.......what a fitting name lol.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This would be a perfect time to put swears in our posts. He can't possibly see them all.
    <3
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO Gateway is down too.

Damn, I wanted to stare at my ship at least...
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leod198 wrote: »
    Login Failed

Mine just goes to Retrieving List of Characters and then gets hung up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Makes me wish I never logged off today and just sat something on my keyboard to spam keys to keep me logged in perm.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can log in but when it gets to list of characters it times out.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    endo13endo13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't get to character screen.
  • Options
    coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would pull my hair out if i had any left...sigh..i give up... :(
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Actually it's probably pretty good. he's not responsible for the H-Ware/S-Ware all he has to do is scan/speed read threads like this. Periodically post something about TOP PEOPLE :D and call it a day. there are worse jobs

I was a forum moderator for EVE Online and I can categorically tell you that it is a TRIBBLE job. Having to nurse cry babies, rule breakers and trolls is a terrible job at times. That said I do miss it and would love to work on these forums. Heck I'd even do it for free :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
This discussion has been closed.