test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    What time is it over there? 2:00AM? Don't you ever sleep????

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!! We take the torch with honor my British cousins. We will carry it until we can't sleep either.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the launch day of the games biggest season/expansion - why do people find this lag/login problems surprizing?

I play WOW, WOT, SWTOR, Rft, GW2, LOTRO All of them are functional on patch day or even expansion day. They usually have hiccups but I was able to log in and play. This is now a non functioning game. Not slow downs, not lag, simply not working at all.
    Big difference!
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2nd succesful load of the map. I'm not switching chars now :p. Hope to see you guys inside as well
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not seeing the issue here.

Well, my only real issue is that's two more Orion officers than I actually have,

Additionally, my Klingon captain has two identical Nausicaan officers for no reason.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't be bothered to do it right the first time, but working 10 times harder backtracking to fix all the TRIBBLE ups.....

Too funny!!:D
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the game. it's very slow to do ANYTHING that involves direct communication between the client and the server, but it is working
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • cr4ckf0xcr4ckf0x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zigadeic wrote: »
    they should bring it down to atleast try a reboot well atleat we have a fun login screen to look at

Hey... your sig... interesting way to spell your name there...:D
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    im still here and in the uk :) gonna give it while more speand all friggin day doing update wanna see it lol

My good Sir/Madam, dost thou perchance have any Tea? I fear I may soon succumb to Hypnos and find myself wandering the subconcious pathways of my mind.

Then I'll wake up with keyboard face :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still not fixed? TRIBBLE it, ima go play something else for the evening. :(
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who is still surprised the server is still up?

They need to take the server down and isolate the problem.
    I commend the team for working hard to get this problem fixed. But at least give those of us who cant log in, something other than a false sense of hope with the green server light still being up.

Isn't the problem too many people want to play and there isn't enough power on Cryptic's end to allow this to happen? So even if they rebooted the servers, the problem would still remain.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • montinessmontiness Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unkoala wrote: »
    Seriously, nobody expected all this problems? If every time its the same with Cryptic.
    Every new season, every new special feature (winter event) Every new game (Neverwinter beta) we have the SAME problems.
    Because its the same problems every time... and we complain the same every time... its a game.

In everyone who's frustrated by thises defence, if it's the same problem, every time, then surely in anticipation to this they could implement measures to counteract it. Like, I dunno, maybe build a server cluster or whatever they're using that can handle the volumes that cause the errors in the first place? Get some more connections to handle the traffic? Not like they're broke... do they rationalize that because a new release is not all the time, this problem doesn't happen all the time, so it's not a problem? Who knows, maybe the lesson here is that people, companies, etc. don't go broke because they don't spend money?
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite the rage here, it is unlikely that even a fraction of a percent of STO's subscribers would actually quit over this. The amount of lost revenue would be about the same as they pay the office cleaner for a half days work.

Well, except, it's F2P. And they bank on impulse buys. If folks aren't on to oggle the new D'borgidrex they aren't buying keys to get one. As the vaneer fades, they're less likely to impulse buy.

But generally, it's bad, and they want to get it fixed as much if not more than we want it to be fixed :).
  • abradaxabradax Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow its still happening i had time to go to wendys, sit down and eat, fix a loak on my car, drive around for a bit, come home, take a shower, call some dude about his cadillac.. and eat a piece of toast and its still.. not fixed... im sorry but forget me buying anything from this game.

You went to Wendy's then made toast?
    That's....weird :)
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny, I can't even change maps without huge lag and being forced to close the game.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes get to the "Retrieving list of maps . . . " screen. They are just taunting me now.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was one of the first people that posted in this thread, I also posted back on page 50 somewhere, after multiple login attempts I was able to get on, been on for about 45 minutes but the servers are very slow, the game runs smooth besides waiting for level and loot to finaly pop, something is wrong on the inside as well, bet there will be a patch tonight or in the early hours of the morning.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Well, my only real issue is that's two more Orion officers than I actually have,

Additionally, my Klingon captain has two identical Nausicaan officers for no reason.

Good word of mouth, maybe? ;)
  • genluckygenlucky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I told my son this would happen. He wanted a Legacy Pack so bad I made a wager with him. If the game came up and we both could log in and play with no issues I would buy him a Legacy Pack and do his dish washing days for a 3 months. If 1 of us could log in with no issues and play he can choose which 1 of the 2 above he wanted. However if neither of us could then he picks up lawn mowing and edging the yard until September.

Guess I win. Neither of us can make it past the character screen LOL.
    This release just saved me a $125 bucks. Glad to know my faith in previous history has paid off ROFL.
  • gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This Same TRIBBLE happened at the anniversary launch a few months ago. It is kinda expected that these issues could happen with ant patch in STO. If it makes anyone feel better...I beta and alpha tested Defiance and a lot of the same issues happened with it last month and it is owned by Trion.

No, learning that an incomplete and free alpha/beta test of an unreleased and unfinished game is as bad as a live and paid for product is not reassuring.

It is exactly the opposite.

It makes the game we are paying for as bad as one that isn't released due to bugs.

When you are patching/expanding a game that is LIVE with PAYING customers you simply cannot afford to shrug it off like an alpha/beta test, it damages your existing product and revenue when you fail and customers should rightly expect better when handing over their money.
  • thbarnakthbarnak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried patching twice 3 hours ago but gave up and closed everything so as not to burden an obviously overtaxed server. Good bet, I tried once moments ago and the patch took only 5 minutes to complete.

However, I am now stuck (twice, again) at a failure for unknown reasons in the middle of retrieving list of characters.

I'll stop burdening the obviously overtaxed server for some more hours until everyone has patched, repatched and retrieved al the characters and maps from the one and only server dedicated to all the stuff going on in the game at once.

Things might sort themselves out by magic, by then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the bright side of a failed xpac launch is the fact I may actually get a full night's sleep as a result.
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 5 hours from laumch, still can't play.This is the biggest failure since season 4 or whatever it was.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny, I can't even change maps without huge lag and being forced to close the game.

In russia.. the server lags you.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happens with every game's launch or expansion... It may as well be on the cover of DUH! Magazine.

But with all the entitled whining newbies crying around here, you'd think it was just Cryptic out to GET them! PERSONALLY!
    Somebody's TRIBBLE the WOPR.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well actually got into the game...
    To be on the safe side (and to unlock the Remans) logged into my main. The map loading stayed on 94.5 for aaaaaages, finally got in an applied some traits etc then tried beaming up. took 10 mins to get to 20.5 on loading screen the Gameserver time out.

... I haven't been and don't wanna be one of 'those' Lifetimers that demand preferential treatment... but I'm getting there -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genlucky wrote: »
    Well, I told my son this would happen. He wanted a Legacy Pack so bad I made a wager with him. If the game came up and we both could log in and play with no issues I would buy him a Legacy Pack and do his dish washing days for a 3 months. If 1 of us could log in with no issues and play he can choose which 1 of the 2 above he wanted. However if neither of us could then he picks up lawn mowing and edging the yard until September.

Guess I win. Neither of us can make it past the character screen LOL.
    This release just saved me a $125 bucks. Glad to know my faith in previous history has paid off ROFL.

Brilliant just brilliant that's a sucker bet with Cryptics' record :D
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loe9 wrote: »
    On the bright side of a failed xpac launch is the fact I may actually get a full night's sleep as a result.

So true . . . :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    In russia.. the server lags you.

I was waiting for this! LOL
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • rocketpunch1rocketpunch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think its back now, in space sector for 4 minutes and still no disconnect, hopefully
This discussion has been closed.