test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just learned that DStahl was requesting Harlem Shake videos on another thread. We I saw this, the image that came into my mind was Emperor Nero in a party while Rome burned. I guess they have other priorities than addressing this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
    *snip*
    But if this bothers you then just ignore it.

Two very important things here. First our point of view, the game isn't fun. Second his point of view. "If [it] bothers you then just ignore it."

Just thought I'd point out the second part people skipped.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep fighting The Good Fight!
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This thread just proves one important thing: People HATE the fleet mark que events. We might be fine with not going through foundry if there was far more options to farm fleet marks. We can only take so much farming the same thing over and over before we become, frankly, ****ing crazy.

So we did it with STFs. So what? STFs aren't fleet marks. So, I don't ask for those pathetic 50 FM back for foundry. I ask that you create MORE ways to get it, or increase the payouts for ques. I also ask that you lower the blasted cxp price tag for marks. 10k even for a 100 crit is seriously pushing it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,691 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Why shouldn't every mission reward e.c., dilithium, and marks (and there should only be one type of mark)?
    Then we'd be free to go do whatever missions we enjoy - i.e. to have fun and not have to grind.

^^^
    This is the main reason I posted a Rewards Revamp proposal (see link below).
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • izdubar2izdubar2 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    khhawkes wrote: »
    I know we could probably make some videos airing our concerns about this. But do you think he would even watch them?

Stahl is looking for Harlem Shake videos.

Just start it out normal then when the crazy part happens cut to characters protesting, then insert message screens of what you want to say.
    How MMO companies reach for the stars: "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre."
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I fixed it for you
    izdubar2 wrote: »
    Stahl is looking for Harlem Shake videos.

Just start it out normal then when the crazy part happens cut to characters rubberbanding/lagging then cut to a screen with server not responding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • merrick1992merrick1992 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow,the irony that just keeps flying over his head amazes me. I'm sorry Mr.Stahl, but please don't forget one thing, you are getting PAID to not have fun,THAT'S THE POINT.
    STOP THE GRIND: BRING BACK THE FUN!
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if fleets alternatively submitted videos voicing thoughtful objections to the recent changes, suggestions to fix them, and suggestions to make the grind more fun and less repetitive; would those be played at the meeting?
  • rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm wondering if DStahl's request for videos is just an excuse to tell top executives that everybody in STO is happy. "See everybody is making fun videos". No problems on STO.... And BTW that thread that has more than 2K posting, just ingnore......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear PTBs,

It is now Tuesday. I am still here. I am still pissed, and I am still not playing your game. Time is wearing on, as is my patience. Your call. What ya gonna do?
  • miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Well considering we are constantly being told by Dan and by the CDFers, that these forums only represent a small minority of players and the rest are blissfully enjoying the game (see the metrics", then why are we expecting a response???

Don't fall for this statement. You can hear the players complain about the changes to the foundary missions in the ESD zone, well we can, I don't know if Cryptic are listening to their players in-game.

Metrics won't show up players who are disappointed and hoping that things will change relatively soon - posters on these forums are being relied upon by the silent ones to help those changes happen.
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Given the scale of discontent that's being expressed here, I do find it staggering that Dan's first post on this forum today was on what should be considered 'canon' in STO??

Well you know, he has to make all those people who had their super story line missions ignored for the mean and evil "exploit" missions. Just taking care of his "supporters"

/sarcasm:mad:
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It seems that the longer this thread goes, the more new posters we get. The same has happened on the now notorious "Harlem Shake" thread.

Keep fighting the good fight.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dan Stahl is right in that asking for videos is fine (even though this is the first request I'd seen him do for such) -- but the timing is, to put it very diplomatically, insensitive. Don't get me wrong, I think Dan is a good EP but it's important to learn from missteps.

As others have pointed out, there's some irony in saying it should all be about fun and if it bothers you to ignore it. We want to have fun -- making our starbase goals that much harder to get by taking the FM out of IOR and having no added alternatives, either from boosting current FM rewards, reducing project costs, or new content is extremely frustrating to people. Instead of leaving the game because of this move, there have been scores of suggestions in this thread on viable solutions that can be enacted anywhere from this week to over the next few months -- all before May.

There's a major communication disconnect between the devs and the players since this change came out of the blue with no prior discussion, was posted to Tribble less than a day before it went live (ignoring some 75 pages of comments?), and has now amassed over 2000 comments since Thursday -- making it the most commented thread in this subforum in ages.

I honestly do not understand some of the logic that is going through the developer's heads:
    1) Starbase progression is already time-gated. No one is going to finish faster than it's possible (~7 months was supposed to be this time, de facto not a single of the 16,500 fleets in the game will finish before 10-11 months).
    2) You want us to get more Dilithium? Then increase or remove the refinement cap! This would reward people for playing once they get over 8000 in a day and help out smaller fleets who only have a few people to share the costs. And since it's a time currency, give at least a nominal amount for playing any content in the game -- it's annoying that the fleet mark events don't reward any dilithium.
    3) You know Fleet Marks are bottlenecking fleets. Do something about it now -- as I said above, increase rewards, lower costs, or something else.
    4) Fleet Marks for group activity? The Foundry IOR, Temporal Ambassador (solo only mission), and doffing do not fit the bill. But these were put in the game due to issue #3.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    about the cap as a test i played all the dailies, the breen ones, and the ones in eta eridoni, and the explore 3 worlds in a cluster. and did each space STF on elite

after refining i got 1,000 raw ore that is before i even did any foundry. i mean it's so easy to bounce off the cap and i was not even playing that long
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did Stahl's account get TRIBBLE? He can't be *that* out of touch with the community right? He can't be serious with that request, right? RIGHT?!
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Eh I think I have a siggy on this board.
    Provided by the man himself!

• tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Did Stahl's account get TRIBBLE? He can't be *that* out of touch with the community right? He can't be serious with that request, right? RIGHT?!

Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. The fact that the thread hasn't been closed yet is at least a small plus. After a certain point though, silence becomes its own answer and we are rapidly approaching that point. I know what my intentions are.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    STILL no response?! I don't know why this surprises me, honestly, but I was hopeful that since the U.S. holiday has ended, SOMEONE would say something...of value. (Sorry, Bran, you do a lot for us, but in this instance your reply didn't really say anything, well, at all, but certainly nothing addressing the issues in this thread. Thanks for reading every post, if you are, but - no offense intended - it's directed a bit upward.)

At this point, my entire Fleet have decided to boycott further play and, moreover, you'll not be getting any more money out of any of us. I think one lad, who had just gotten his "Gold" will also be canceling it this month. Not a huge number, but that's 18 of us no longer buying Zen or any new "oooh shineys."

I'm sure there'll be others to take our places, and that you couldn't likely care less, since your "metrics bear out that players are happy," but, our lot are not.

Keep up the fight, mates! Cheers to you!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »

oooh, this was my favorite part:

It seems he's asking us the same question we're asking him ;)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the lack of replies from any of the devs/branflakes says it all tbh , the only thing holding my fleet back is fleetmarks and not dilithium . we need more ways of getting them and NOT less while still being fun dan
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If nothing else...

This thread has certainly proved that Cryptic has learned masterfully, how to achieve an emotional tie with their STO players.

And also how to manipulate a part of the player base with the ease and skill of Fagin.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • merrick1992merrick1992 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I would just like to point out again, this is your JOB, you get PAID for it. I don't get to have fun at my job either sir. THAT IS THE POINT
    STOP THE GRIND: BRING BACK THE FUN!
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a low spec machine Mister Stahl..for now its what I can afford... a dual core 2 gig e-machine is actually a better comp. (512k intel video in most of them)

Since the wrapper went away I no longer can get fleet marks to contribute to my fleets starbase. My machine is of such piddling quality that running with other players in a mission is pretty much a slide show... and an execise in frustration and dieing alot. (you do not do fleet missions AFK unlike a PUG STF...not that I would anyway, but perhapes you get the idea...?)

So I want to thank you for your well thought out and considered decision, and your consideration of all of your player base, ncluding myself. I especially want to thank you for the small fleets out there thaqt cannot put together the "average" 25 PLAYERS (not characters, players. There must be some utterly huge fleets out there. Tell me, do your demograhics account for INACTIVE accounts? I know my fleet doesn't have over 8 active players. The rest on the roster haven't played in over 2 years now)

I assume that we'll be able to purchase Fleet Marks directly for ZEN shortly?

*shakes head at the utter short sidedness of this particular executive decision*

Khemaraa sends.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited February 2013
    I would just like to point out again, this is your JOB, you get PAID for it. I don't get to have fun at my job either sir. THAT IS THE POINT

And again, to me this points out some very serious issues within the walls of cryptic. Asking this question, when you have this much anger and resentment on the forums, is just a way to make it worse, and I think its done so.
  • jjabramssuxxjjabramssuxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just want to give a shout out to Dan Stahl for making it crystal clear that I should spend more time in The Secret World and APB. Thanks, man!
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *grabs popcorn*
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

Oh PLEASE increase the fleet mark rewarded in No Win Scenario! Pretty please with a Q on top:D? It will be added incentive for people to play such a fun and challenging mission.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *grabs popcorn*

*Steals some of that popcorn*

@Stahl:
    Will fun be included in the patch? Assuming you have kept a close eye on this thread and the previous you know this is about far more then Fleetmarks :)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.