test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Did Stahl's account get TRIBBLE? He can't be *that* out of touch with the community right? He can't be serious with that request, right? RIGHT?!

oooh, this was my favorite part:
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?

It seems he's asking us the same question we're asking him ;)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the lack of replies from any of the devs/branflakes says it all tbh , the only thing holding my fleet back is fleetmarks and not dilithium . we need more ways of getting them and NOT less while still being fun dan
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If nothing else...

This thread has certainly proved that Cryptic has learned masterfully, how to achieve an emotional tie with their STO players.

And also how to manipulate a part of the player base with the ease and skill of Fagin.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • merrick1992merrick1992 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I would just like to point out again, this is your JOB, you get PAID for it. I don't get to have fun at my job either sir. THAT IS THE POINT
    STOP THE GRIND: BRING BACK THE FUN!
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a low spec machine Mister Stahl..for now its what I can afford... a dual core 2 gig e-machine is actually a better comp. (512k intel video in most of them)

Since the wrapper went away I no longer can get fleet marks to contribute to my fleets starbase. My machine is of such piddling quality that running with other players in a mission is pretty much a slide show... and an execise in frustration and dieing alot. (you do not do fleet missions AFK unlike a PUG STF...not that I would anyway, but perhapes you get the idea...?)

So I want to thank you for your well thought out and considered decision, and your consideration of all of your player base, ncluding myself. I especially want to thank you for the small fleets out there thaqt cannot put together the "average" 25 PLAYERS (not characters, players. There must be some utterly huge fleets out there. Tell me, do your demograhics account for INACTIVE accounts? I know my fleet doesn't have over 8 active players. The rest on the roster haven't played in over 2 years now)

I assume that we'll be able to purchase Fleet Marks directly for ZEN shortly?

*shakes head at the utter short sidedness of this particular executive decision*

Khemaraa sends.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would just like to point out again, this is your JOB, you get PAID for it. I don't get to have fun at my job either sir. THAT IS THE POINT

And again, to me this points out some very serious issues within the walls of cryptic. Asking this question, when you have this much anger and resentment on the forums, is just a way to make it worse, and I think its done so.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
  • jjabramssuxxjjabramssuxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just want to give a shout out to Dan Stahl for making it crystal clear that I should spend more time in The Secret World and APB. Thanks, man!
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *grabs popcorn*
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Oh PLEASE increase the fleet mark rewarded in No Win Scenario! Pretty please with a Q on top:D? It will be added incentive for people to play such a fun and challenging mission.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *grabs popcorn*

*Steals some of that popcorn*

@Stahl:
    Will fun be included in the patch? Assuming you have kept a close eye on this thread and the previous you know this is about far more then Fleetmarks :)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

The bold part is just... laughable. Do you guys never learn?
    edited February 2013

How soon?

There ya go folks...exactly what you've been asking for... a reply.

So what do we rage about now?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • starflyer1starflyer1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013

How soon?

Fleet Marks Lock box anyone???
  • kylemaxwellkylemaxwell Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    NWS already giving way too many fleet marks if you compare it to other missions
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Also, wil fun be included in the patch?:)

Of course, but it'll cost you 2000 lobi.

How soon?

And we're right back to "trust me, but I won't tell you anything at all".

Did you not understand that that's exactly the sort of thing that's driving this latest round of player revolt DStahl?
    edited February 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't want a reply. I wanted an answer.
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I'm not raging. In point of fact this is my last post in this, or any other thread. Best of luck to all, but I am neither a captive audience nor a metric, and the part I bolded was the very last straw.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The lack of trust in the player base perhaps? Or what about the snottiness of that reply?
    [snark] Say what you will about the man, but at least he gave us choice in this one! [/snark]
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    Of course, but it'll cost you 2000 lobi.

And we're right back to "trust me, but I won't tell you anything at all".

Did you not understand that that's exactly the sort of thing that's driving this latest round of player revolt DStahl?

He told you that Thursday will be the day some FM's will be added to the game...

The day and a half to continue too 'rage on', is also included Free-of-Charge.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

How about small fleets being crippled by design?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

How soon?

Thanks for your reply Dan, very insightful, and fully addresses our 200+ pages of concerns. I guess we were all in a fit about nothing.

Glad to hear that you are fixing all the 2-3 year old bugs that we were upset about, as well as the new ones added with last thursday's patch.

Thank you Dan. By simply posting the above response, you have made the game fun for all of us again! You're the man!
    edited February 2013
    Hundreds? hundreds?
    This leads me to ask why YOU put them in, in the first place, in such an exploitable fashion no less, but you at least confirm I have no need to ever touch the foundry again, thank you.
    Should have been done with the removal of the IOR, not later. had you done so, you'd not have a 2000 post thread on your forum.
    See above, this to me, is a reactionary move since the frustration with you, your developers, your game and your company is hitting a fever pitch.
    Yet another reason that this shows as reactionary. If it was coming, in, you'd have it announced. At least that is what you're showing me.

Reactionary management, can only get you so far
  • bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    He told you that Thursday will be the day some FM's will be added to the game...

A day and a half to 'rage on' is also included free of charge.

The pettiness you bring to this issue is neither helpful nor wanted.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep fighting The Good Fight!
    edited February 2013

Well I never thought you'd troll us as well but, I wasn't asking for a "reply" I wanted answers.
    When are they going to fix the bugs?
    When are they going to stop penalizing people for playing the way they "want"
    When are they going to realize that metrics don't show anger.

Just some of my questions that, aren't answered,
    edited February 2013

Incorrect. He said "changes" will be made Thursday, while fleet marks will be increased "in the future".

You'll forgive me for being a wee bit nitpicky when someone who refuses to detail what he's doing, and with a proven track record of playing extremely fast and loose with the truth, splits hairs like that.

Want an actual conversation? Detail what exactly is going to change and when it's going to change.
  • miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic have made it clear they don't want any changes to the way fleet projects resources are allocated.

It's too easy to exploit, e.g. Mega large fleet X wants to get to tier 5 quickly, so they create a small fleet Y, filling the project resources quickly by rotating out the members between both fleets, until fleet Y reaches tier v, then all members from X jump to Y and fleet X is tossed or sold.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kyuui13 wrote: »
    I have no need to ever touch the foundry again, thank you.

How about just for the great stories some of the foundry authors make? You shouldn't need a reward incentive just to play a foundry mission.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Thank you for this, and for telling us so.

OK. fair enough, not detailed; could we get a hint? I mean, at this point it's set in stone, or you wouldn't even have time to get the code built and smoke-tested for Thursday. It has to have already been frozen. Maybe you're still tweaking numbers, but any code changes already happened.

Also, next time, please hold the removal for the replacement, when they're this close together.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Want an actual conversation? Detail what exactly is going to change and when it's going to change.

^That...I'll keep a close eye on the Tribble patchnotes, but honestly...if it was good news, why hide it till the last moment?
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.