test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok ill prob get banned for this but because of the amount of bug's and unfixed bugs I don't play much anymore anyway and due to lack of content take a look at what STO shud have been like when perpetual entainment had it http://www.suricatafx.com/?p=332
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    ok ill prob get banned for this but because of the amount of bug's and unfixed bugs I don't play much anymore anyway and due to lack of content take a look at what STO shud have been like when perpetual entainment had it http://www.suricatafx.com/?p=332

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Online_(Perpetual_Entertainment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Funny enough that base character model looks BETTER than most character models currently in STO, clothing included.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
    edited February 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Funny enough that base character model looks BETTER than most character models currently in STO, clothing included.

I know right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is just like the Dilithium changes at launch of S7, when they were lying to us beforehand about them supposedly not going in.

They made this change to force people to play fleet events. Any time you have to force your players to play a part of the game, you're TRIBBLE up as a developer. They don't realize that people don't play fleet events because they're not as fun, they segregate KDF players from Fed players, and they're poor risk vs. reward.

They're not doing their job as developers if they have to make these changes to force us to play parts of the game we don't want.

This just further solidifies the fact (in my mind) that they care only about revenue. They don't really care about Star Trek, or STO. If they did, they wouldn't be treating it like a cash cow.

The only thing they understand is when we cause a sh*tstorm on the forums.
    edited February 2013
    This is just like the Dilithium changes at launch of S7, when they were lying to us beforehand about them supposedly not going in.

They made this change to force people to play fleet events. Any time you have to force your players to play a part of the game, you're TRIBBLE up as a developer. They don't realize that people don't play fleet events because they're not as fun, they segregate KDF players from Fed players, and they're poor risk vs. reward.

They're not doing their job as developers if they have to make these changes to force us to play parts of the game we don't want.

This just further solidifies the fact (in my mind) that they care only about revenue. They don't really care about Star Trek, or STO. If they did, they wouldn't be treating it like a cash cow.

even the they don't understand why we cause a SH*tstorm because to them they are doing nothing wrong, but hear hear pal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Great statement,I wish we get this resolved soon. My small fleet has only a few active members which contribute and fleet marks have stopped. I tried a few fleet missions, good god they are boring and give very little reward. Shoot kill repeat, at least with the FM from the founarys I played the mission type I wanted not was forced on me.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Voicing my opinion that this horse is long dead many times over and the thread no longer serves any purpose.

It should be closed.
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    claransa wrote: »
    Voicing my opinion that this horse is long dead many times over and the thread no longer serves any purpose.

It should be closed.

I respectfully disagree. This horse has been drawn, quartered, stomped, mutilated, defaced, humiliated, dragged, shat upon, and defiled. But is far from dead. The issues in this thread have been stated several times by many different people and agreed upon by almost everyone. Just because nothing new has been brought to the table does not mean it's dead. Nothing new can be said or brought to the table until there is an official response from DStahl. Only he has the power to grant mercy and put this horse to rest! Until such a time...... Stop the Farm. Bring Back the Fun!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2013

It should be closed.

If you had it your way, we still wouldn't have any dilithium rewards in STFs.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's amazing, that with all that is going on, Stahl makes a thread asking people to post Harlem Shake videos.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's amazing, that with all that is going on, Stahl makes a thread asking people to post Harlem Shake videos.

With as large of a disconnect between Stahl and the players as there is, is it really that surprising?
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you had it your way, we still wouldn't have any dilithium rewards in STFs.

If I had my way we'd be getting 50 fleet marks every 30 minutes from the foundry, dilithium from PvP and STFs but if the devs haven't responded to this thread after 200 some posts their not going to. I could do without this painful reminder constantly coming up in "today's posts" of the long road to tier 2 for my alt fleet using only commendation reports for fleet marks.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Given the scale of discontent that's being expressed here, I do find it staggering that Dan's first post on this forum today was on what should be considered 'canon' in STO??

I appreciate that the feelings expressed in this thread require a careful and considered response, but until such a time as Stahl's ready to address this, surely any engagement with the community on unrelated issues is just furthering the impression that Cryptic don't give a damn?

Whatever Dan's credentials are as an Executive Producer, he's hopeless at PR.

Oh, and in another 67 posts we're the 7th most commented subject in the news section since beta - don't stop now :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, and in another 67 posts we're the 7th most commented subject in the news section since beta - don't stop now :)

And you doubted we'd hit 2000...
    edited February 2013
    And you doubted we'd hit 2000...

Did you find my lack of faith disturbing? :D

Oops! Wrong game :D

And to entertain my fellow posters, here's an interesting article that sheds light on how a developer can TRIBBLE up a beloved IP so badly :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've got two questions, though. Honest questions, not meant as trolling or anything, just wondering.

1: Were fleet marks really the choke point in any but the smallest fleets? I've got a bunch of characters, spread across 5 different fleets, and in all of them the projects seem to stall on dilithium (and in some cases doff) contributions. I can't remember the last time I was in time to actually contribute fleet marks...

2: Wouldn't this be a boost to the Klingon queued fleet events? I mean, those seemed pretty dead...

Then again, I tended to agree with FM's being out of place in the IOR wrapper, so what do I know :P
    edited February 2013
    If I had my way we'd be getting 50 fleet marks every 30 minutes from the foundry, dilithium from PvP and STFs but if the devs haven't responded to this thread after 200 some posts their not going to. I could do without this painful reminder constantly coming up in "today's posts" of the long road to tier 2 for my alt fleet using only commendation reports for fleet marks.

Stop being defeatist. It worked for the STF and it will work here if we keep the faith and fight the good fight (big-ups to you Fallout 3 players :D)

If you don't want to be reminded, don't read thread, and don't post in it. It's that simple.

Post if you are for the change, or post if you are against the change, but we don't need any "close the thread because I want it closed" attitudes here.
    twam wrote: »
    I've got two questions, though. Honest questions, not meant as trolling or anything, just wondering.

1: Were fleet marks really the choke point in any but the smallest fleets? I've got a bunch of characters, spread across 5 different fleets, and in all of them the projects seem to stall on dilithium (and in some cases doff) contributions. I can't remember the last time I was in time to actually contribute fleet marks...

2: Wouldn't this be a boost to the Klingon queued fleet events? I mean, those seemed pretty dead...

Then again, I tended to agree with FM's being out of place in the IOR wrapper, so what do I know :P

1) It really depended on the fleet on what their defieciency was. It is funny you bring up being short on dilithium. The devs want players to have more dilithium, yet they keep the refinment cap in place. The thing with the fleet marks was that having it attached to Foundry meant we could do something else beside grind the same content over and over again. Now it's back to the same stale content for the same meager rewards compared to the time investment.

2) The opposite has happened according to KDF players. They have far less of a population than Feds, and were hurting for players for qued events. Now, KDF players have reported they still have a long wait to get into a que, and have reported a sharp rise of AFKers.
    edited February 2013
    Stop being defeatist. It worked for the STF and it will work here if we keep the faith and fight the good fight (big-ups to you Fallout 3 players :D)

We're finding that with our 'Disenchanted' campaign - the players we speak to either join us or say Cryptic doesn't give a damn - it's doesn't matter what we do.

Is that really how Cryptic wants its customers to think of it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    twam wrote: »

I can't speak to your question #2 because my Klingon character has never gotten around to joining a fleet or running fleet events klink-side, but I can speak to your question #1.

For my 6-player fleet (The Anti-Social Fleet of One) the roadblock has never been fleet marks, but has always been dilithium.

Why?

Because we can grit our teeth and do the fleet alert-starbase incursion-colony invasion loop over and over for marks, but no matter what, we will not be able to refine more than 8,000 ore.

We are doing the Tier III SB upgrade project now. Requires 10,000 FM and 640,000 Refined Dilithium. Even if 3 of the 6 fleet guys gave every scrap of their refined daily dilithium to the base, it'd take 50 days to refine that much.

Don't think that I am happy about the removal of the IOR marks without them implementing an increase in FMs in some other way, but I find the refining cap to be a bigger roadblock to progression than the fleet marks.

I just wish the grind for the paltry amount of fleet marks we earn wasn't so horribly dull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Is that really how Cryptic wants its customers to think of it?

I think some are viewing this as a sort of "litmus test" for Cryptic as to how they will handle this situation. Does Cryptic genuinely care about the player? Will they do something to show we matter? Are their priorities showing that they do want this game to be enjoyable? Do they give a damn?

Considering that since this has started all we've gotten is a preview of new shinnies to do what we've been doing for three years and a post asking for Harlem shake videos, well some of those questions are being answered.

No one is really expecting a quick or even an overnight solution, but the way this is being handled is showing apathy towards the customers.

Why should I continue to spend money on a product that the developer doesn't seem to care much about?

I'm willing to at least see what transpires in May with the "it's so secret we can't give any details or else global security will be threatened" content update, but after that I might leave permanently if that super patch releases in the state most of their patches have released in.

Cryptic, use the tribble server. If it is such a secret then pick random people, have them sign a non-disclosure agreement, and begin testing 1-2 months in advance. We need to avoid the debacles of the past.
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think some are viewing this as a sort of "litmus test" for Cryptic as to how they will handle this situation. Does Cryptic genuinely care about the player? Will they do something to show we matter? Are their priorities showing that they do want this game to be enjoyable? Do they give a damn?

Considering that since this has started all we've gotten is a preview of new shinnies to do what we've been doing for three years and a post asking for Harlem shake videos, well some of those questions are being answered.

No one is really expecting a quick or even an overnight solution, but the way this is being handled is showing apathy towards the customers.

Why should I continue to spen money on a product that the developer doesn't care about?

I'm willing to at least see what transpires in May with the "it's so secret we can't give any details or else global security will be threatened" content update, but after that I might leave permanently if that super patch releases in the state most of their patches have released in.

Cryptic, use the tribble server. If it is such a secret then pick random people, have them sign a non-disclosure agreement, and begin testing 1-2 months in advance. We need to avoid the debacles of the past.

Well considering we are constantly being told by Dan and by the CDFers, that these forums only represent a small minority of players and the rest are blissfully enjoying the game (see the metrics", then why are we expecting a response???

I understood what they were saying, but I never bought into the fact that just because a small amount view/post on forums, twitter, facebook etc, that this wasn't what was reflected in game and I always found that sometimes posts did reflect the the mood in game.

So, those that actually do play the game and those that have been on over the weekend, what's Chat saying? Everything Tickety boo?
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OK the introduction of FM's as Foundry rewards was a great move as our fleet had got bored running the same Fleet Events for FM's - especially "Starbase Fleet Defence" which is so bugged as to be unplayable at times.

Now we need vast amounts of FM's for Embassy Tier 2 and Starbase Tier 4 upgrades and Crytic take away the only thing which was keeping us committed to the game and do not add any new Fleet Missions to compensate. As a result our Fleet activity has dropped dramatically because it is just too boring to keep running the same old missions.

Get your act together guys - you will definitely not get the same income from us as there is now no point in selling Zen for Dilithium to complete projects as the bottle neck is Fleet Marks.

We can grind Dilithium at the same rate as we can grind Fleet Marks so Crytic have shot themselves in the foot with this one.
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    Greetings!
    There has been a lot of talk lately about the changes to the Foundry daily mission...

Maybe you should've listened in Tribble before doing it then.

You cite metrics as the reasoning behind this; well gamers/customers do not play a game due to its metrics. You don't see magazine articles stating:

"Star Trek Online: 9 out of 10 for its metrics!".

That's absurd.

You also state that the f-missions were not meant to be a one-stop shop for rewards.
    WHY NOT?

Why shouldn't every mission reward e.c., dilithium, and marks (and there should only be one type of mark)?
    Then we'd be free to go do whatever missions we enjoy - i.e. to have fun and not have to grind.

It's clear that no one at PWE even plays this game; playtesters are either zombies; or everyone's a yes man/woman there. Well, here's a real life example of what it is like to play STO since S6:

Your wife/significant other gives you a shopping list of forty-two items.
    You go to the first supermarket and all they can sell you is bread.
    Then you go to the second supermarket and all they can sell you is milk
    then you go to the third supermarket and all they can sell you is butter
    then you go to the fourth supermarket and all they can sell you is cheese; but since you needed two types of cheese they make you wait 30 minutes in order to purchase the 2nd one.
    then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is jelly
    then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is peanut butter, but not the brand you like
    then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is eggs, but not the extra large kind
    then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is ...

After you've spent two hours you've barely made any progress on your list and it certainly wasn't fun.

After two hours we've barely made any progress on our characters/bases/etc - and none of it has been fun.

You've taken out the fun of STO and replaced it with grinding & metrics.

I am not a metric, I am a free customer.
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sadly Cryptic will simply shuffle paper even when they do take action and they will do so again at some point with some sort of tweak somewhere to appease.

They have multiple currencies in place to allow them to bottleneck in different places and that is part of why this is not going away and why this is bigger then just the change to FM's in the last patch. We had the dil bottleneck which is still obviously a problem to some anyway so they know that they are slowing and can slow using that again, wouldn't surprise me to see FM's added on something else and the dil removed or lowered elsewhere to use that bottleneck again even though that problem hasn't gone away anyway for lots of people.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Apologies for the cross links, but I believe it is relevant.

Dstahl as you know, has posted on the forum today asking for "Harlem shake" videos.

I have posted on page 5 of that thread, post #41.

Opinions?
    I need a beer.

• tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    It was a simple post. It is the middle of the night. Fleets send me videos all the time and this was a harmless request.

The team is working many hours a week and addressing feedback and building our biggest update ever. If you can't have fun, then what is the point?

You'd think that a person would be given a little latitude to ask if there are any fleets that want to send in a funny video to get featured at a company meeting.

How about addressing the feedback that was on tribble before this happened? The feedback now?
    Maybe use that latitude to ask us before you did this? Now, if this wasn't going on, I'd rather have enjoyed your post and tried to participate; but seriously with this going on...

"If you can't have fun, then what is the point?" -dastahl
    Exactly our point!
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
    edited February 2013
    Apologies for the cross links, but I believe it is relevant.

Dstahl as you know, has posted on the forum today asking for "Harlem shake" videos.

I have posted on page 5 of that thread, post #41.

Opinions?

lol! old news - but yes, ridiculous. 'Fiddling whilst Rome burns' as someone wryly put it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol! old news - but yes, ridiculous. 'Fiddling whilst Rome burns' as someone wryly put it :)

He did make a good point though.
    Originally Posted by dastahl
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?

While it was meant to reflect the devs, it does quite nicely reflect the question many of us have been asking lately. I know I have!
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    I want ot see a response on, among other things, his bunny grinding comment from 2+ years ago (especially in the light of New Romulus).

Is bunny tagging what you consider fun?
This discussion has been closed.