What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Challenge #6 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was afraid of posting it encase people copied for this challenge, but later I'll take screenshots of it all and how its placed so you have a guide... It took alot of trial and error! Lol
    Position the ships at a height of 0.96 - 0.99.

Awesome. :) I don't suppose there's any way to get the doors to open?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tweet Leak!

Spider's Cage 1
    Spider's Cage 2

All I can tell you guys, is this is going to be an Epic mission! I can't wait for people to play it.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • Options
    rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Awesome. :) I don't suppose there's any way to get the doors to open?

Nope, had to use an invisible wall to open and then jump to next map :(

Spiders Cage Pic 1 looks cool, sneek up to a camp of unknown and primitive aliens, turn on your shuttle flood light then walk up to them like a zombie, "Take me to your leader" lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel so outgunned, your maps and pictures look awsome.

Late night stroll
    I'll have an NPC if it kills me

I can't wait to see some of the missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sethpower121sethpower121 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aye having tholian props would of helped me during this challenge.. but I'm satisfied with my work around.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I feel so outgunned, your maps and pictures look awsome.

Late night stroll
    I'll have an NPC if it kills me

I can't wait to see some of the missions.

To be fare I like your outdoor enviroments, simple and elegent. You get too many these days that are untidy or crowded.

I doubt we will be getting another update anytime soon, if we do it will be two days before we publish or two days after lol

I got bored of Grinding so here's another couple of Screenshots; Starbase 74 (the map to Pic 3), An unusual Alliance... Commander Valdore follows in Hakeevs footsteps and makes a deal with the Devil.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    To be fare I like your outdoor enviroments, simple and elegent. You get too many these days that are untidy or crowded.

I doubt we will be getting another update anytime soon, if we do it will be two days before we publish or two days after lol

I got bored of Grinding so here's another couple of Screenshots; Starbase 74 (the map to Pic 3), An unusual Alliance... Commander Valdore follows in Hakeevs footsteps and makes a deal with the Devil.

While not a offical update... more spoilers

Caves of Nukara
    The Doorway

Branfalkes... Question!!!

Will the Tholian Bridge be added to the foundry before the 27th?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    aye having tholian props would of helped me during this challenge.. but I'm satisfied with my work around.
    as a stopgap measure I decided to go with a Fortresss of Solitude look for my Tholian base... Well.... the INSIDE of the Fortress anyways.

There are several "crystal" props that have a strong resmblance.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    While not a offical update... more spoilers

Caves of Nukara
    The Doorway

Branfalkes... Question!!!

Will the Tholian Bridge be added to the foundry before the 27th?

I did the exact same thing for an Iconian Gateway in my upcoming series! lol I then used the Flat Glass Pillars from Utopia, with a -2 height as the open gateway! :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I'd like to create a banner for this mission and use it as a signature starting on the 28th. what are the best tools, I've pulled off some magic in Microsoft paint, but...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I just use paint... It works fine for a simple clip together.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    BEHOLD: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/#/art/Beta-Rana-Station-1-353732150?_sid=3ade7aa0

Hehe.... what else would a space station orbiting an unstable star look like?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    BEHOLD: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/#/art/Beta-Rana-Station-1-353732150?_sid=3ade7aa0

Hehe.... what else would a space station orbiting an unstable star look like?

...Abandoned and burning... no you got that covered :D
    I'de have a Ferengi Ship warp out as you warp in, make it look like they were salvaging illegally :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ...Abandoned and burning... no you got that covered :D
    I'de have a Ferengi Ship warp out as you warp in, make it look like they were salvaging illegally :D
    what makes you think it's abandoned? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    what makes you think it's abandoned? :D

hmm, because its in orbit of an unstable star!? unless you got lotion P3000 or made of crystal.... ahhh! lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hmm, because its in orbit of an unstable star!? unless you got lotion P3000 or made of crystal.... ahhh! lol
    Hehee.... I could say more, but it's a secret for now...

anyways, I did a test publish to see if the blank map issue would go away, it didn't... Oh well, I can live with it either way....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    anyone know how to make signatures? my old sig making guy has gone on strike.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I use paint when chopping together pics...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I use paint when chopping together pics...

Same, pateince is the key! lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Flakes!!!!

will the tholian bridge (ground interior map) be added to the foundry before the 27th?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Flakes!!!!

will the tholian bridge (ground interior map) be added to the foundry before the 27th?

I don't believe so.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't believe so.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Plan B it is then.

Danke,

Another question thats quickly popped up...

When will the omega/maco and KHG outfits become active in the foundry?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Plan B it is then.

Danke,

Another question thats quickly popped up...

When will the omega/maco and KHG outfits become active in the foundry?

Not soon enough!? :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I just had a bit of a PSYCHE moment in another thread, thought I would share here given it's relevance;

Hmm... ST, especially TOS, had several references to races tha had imigrated to the milky Way from Andromeda. On of the (non canon) computer games had the idea that the Tholians were one of those races.

But... The Tholians have always been monkeying with stuff like that. Seriously, the FIRST episode with the Tholians had them experimenting with rifts between universes.

I always liked that back-story for the Tholians, plus what if the Tholians dont have the ability to invent!? or in that matter to re-produce? That is why they have such a fasination in harnessing technology...from the future, from alternate realitys, etc. Plus why they are so aggressive over their territory, in reality their not unlike humans in their nature but they have had to produce this image to others to defend themselves.
    A good example is the first episode (Tholian Web), they could of blown the Enterprise out of the stars but they gave them a chance to rescue their Captain despite the strange excuse Spock gave about a disappearing ship.
    Plus, what if the Doomsday Machine was originally programmed to hunt down the Tholian run-aways but malfunctioned? :eek:
    And how many other Galaxys have been seeded by Tholians? :eek:
    And who/what were they escaping? :eek:

IDEA: What if the Iconians escaped by using a gate to the Tholian Home Galaxy and enslaved them, but they rose up and escaped the Iconians in all directions seeding many Galaxies. Then when 'our' Tholians learn of the returning Iconians their thinking "uh oh, best start putting plans into motion and find a way to escape', hence their sudden hunt for Iconian Technology!
    Thats why they want the Alpha-Powers to be at peace, to be decent cannon-foder! And why they lost the ability to be creative, because the Iconians removed it to prevent them being a threat!?
    Perhaps in one of our storys we find a wrecked Tholian ship with an Iconian Data Rod, on it is a statement of parly with the Tholians, because the Iconians have already wiped out every other Tholian in every neighboring Galaxy! :eek:
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I just had a bit of a PSYCHE moment in another thread, thought I would share here given it's relevance;

I always liked that back-story for the Tholians, plus what if the Tholians dont have the ability to invent!? or in that matter to re-produce? That is why they have such a fasination in harnessing technology...from the future, from alternate realitys, etc. Plus why they are so aggressive over their territory, in reality their not unlike humans in their nature but they have had to produce this image to others to defend themselves.
    A good example is the first episode (Tholian Web), they could of blown the Enterprise out of the stars but they gave them a chance to rescue their Captain despite the strange excuse Spock gave about a disappearing ship.
    Plus, what if the Doomsday Machine was originally programmed to hunt down the Tholian run-aways but malfunctioned? :eek:
    And how many other Galaxys have been seeded by Tholians? :eek:
    And who/what were they escaping? :eek:

IDEA: What if the Iconians escaped by using a gate to the Tholian Home Galaxy and enslaved them, but they rose up and escaped the Iconians in all directions seeding many Galaxies. Then when 'our' Tholians learn of the returning Iconians their thinking "uh oh, best start putting plans into motion and find a way to escape', hence their sudden hunt for Iconian Technology!
    Thats why they want the Alpha-Powers to be at peace, to be decent cannon-foder! And why they lost the ability to be creative, because the Iconians removed it to prevent them being a threat!?

Perhaps in one of our storys we find a wrecked Tholian ship with an Iconian Data Rod, on it is a statement of parly with the Tholians, because the Iconians have already wiped out every other Tholian in every neighboring Galaxy! :eek:

Doomsday Machine? Think thats the preoperty of someone else.. Tholians from another galaxy.. hmm its possible...

But then I'll start to ponder what the tholians in the mirror and otehr universes are doing.. and thus my head will explude with the limitless possibilitys.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't see the Tholians as uncreative. They're tech pirates because they know the value of swiping someone else's ideas. Also, in Ent we found out why they were so comfortable with creating space/time warps. They have a natural resistance to the effects of such things. Thus it's far less risky for them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, in Ent we found out why they were so comfortable with creating space/time warps. They have a natural resistance to the effects of such things. Thus it's far less risky for them.

What episode does that come from? I'm pretty sure that was never stated.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I think its the one where they find the ship thats bigger on the inside.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Future Tense (aka the episode with the ship that's bigger on the inside)

It's NOT clear if it was just hyperbole or not, but it would explain a lot about how they act...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing