What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Challenge #6 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    It shouldn't really unlock them for you unless they are already working in the Foundry.

For example, I imported a character of hippiejohn's from the main game - a costume from one of his boffs - that is wearing the Kirk TOS wraparound shirt. That shirt isn't available in the Foundry, so the when I imported it replaced it with another one that is, but with the same color scheme. However, on the costume creator buttons on the right, it said it was the wraparound shirt. Click on that button and it looks like all of the costume options are available, but try selecting them and it doesn't work. At least not for me.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Question for Bran_Flakes;

Are we ever going to have a session again where we all put in an idea for a mission and who evers is more popular we go with it?
    I'm only asking cause I got one I've been hoping for you to come out with since I started putting in entrys!?

In short; Something exploration; A planet, A system, The Final Frontier, a proper Trekkie mission! :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    It shouldn't really unlock them for you unless they are already working in the Foundry.

For example, I imported a character of hippiejohn's from the main game - a costume from one of his boffs - that is wearing the Kirk TOS wraparound shirt. That shirt isn't available in the Foundry, so the when I imported it replaced it with another one that is, but with the same color scheme. However, on the costume creator buttons on the right, it said it was the wraparound shirt. Click on that button and it looks like all of the costume options are available, but try selecting them and it doesn't work. At least not for me.

I mean stuff like...

Nausicaan armour on a custom made races
    Fed Armor Fleshsuits on a custom made races
    Orion Female wear on custom made races
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I mean stuff like...

Nausicaan armour on a custom made races
    Fed Armor Fleshsuits on a custom made races
    Orion Female wear on custom made races

Omega & MACO Uniforms
    Holographic Effect (Shimmer)
    More Civilian Top Options
    Custom Animals (Targ Based)
    Various Insects (Maybe a Giant Centipede as opposed to Spiders).
    More Skin and Hair Effects (as opposed to just Shineness)... Maybe an 'Alive' effect that makes it look like moving in water or Static that makes it frizz or stick out.

...I agree
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Omega & MACO Uniforms
    Holographic Effect (Shimmer)
    More Civilian Top Options
    Custom Animals (Targ Based)
    Various Insects (Maybe a Giant Centipede as opposed to Spiders).
    More Skin and Hair Effects (as opposed to just Shineness)... Maybe an 'Alive' effect that makes it look like moving in water or Static that makes it frizz or stick out.

...I agree

no, thats not what i mean...

I mean.. wil I be able to get away with stuff like

Alien Male
    Alien Female
    Alien Female #2

^^ or will cryptic have another tantrum when it comes to mix and matching outfits?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    Oh nice! Didn't know that stuff worked. Will have to give it a test.

I'm with you I truely hope Cryptic lets us use this tool to its full potential.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OMG, I swear Cryptic Copied my Signatures! http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

On the upside... looks sweet :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OMG, I swear Cryptic Copied my Signatures! http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

I thought it was something to do with your foundry mission at first lol
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Enigmatic.... all it says is "March beneath the Raptor's Wings", in Romulan.

I have guess..... and that guess has nothing to do with Foundry.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Maybe not.
    I have a prediction too... Delayed lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    darkseraphimwdarkseraphimw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think changing timid really broke a lot of missions out there. Either they need to add a complete passive mode, or kiss goodbye a lot of casual players who used to use the foundry to farm dilithium, or hell even some good players. The mission I enjoyed had a timid unit that was amusing just watching him walk around in the background, that the occasional shot now sets him off and well, hes a bit too much of a badass, and if you happen to kill him it kinda messes with the storyline. So please for the love of all that is good and holy fix this issue.
  • Options
    pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think changing timid really broke a lot of missions out there...

I beg to differ.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think changing timid really broke a lot of missions out there.

I agree. A proper "Passive" mode has a ton of uses for storytelling purposes - destroying a derelict ship, for example.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have any of you run into this issue before. I've not done a foundry challenge yet but I have crafted some nice missions. (all but one since destroyed) I know there is a time limit on the mission, 30 minutes if I am correct. I have a notion that mine might be a tad longer but I am unwilling to cut parts out.

I've grown attached to this mission, putting, like many, a lot of thought into it. A lot of time too. My point is this, if I reach 40 to 45 minutes is it automatically disqualified? If it is I can't mind because I've done what I can without cutting entire pieces out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Have any of you run into this issue before. I've not done a foundry challenge yet but I have crafted some nice missions. (all but one since destroyed) I know there is a time limit on the mission, 30 minutes if I am correct. I have a notion that mine might be a tad longer but I am unwilling to cut parts out.

I've grown attached to this mission, putting, like many, a lot of thought into it. A lot of time too. My point is this, if I reach 40 to 45 minutes is it automatically disqualified? If it is I can't mind because I've done what I can without cutting entire pieces out.

I think its 'about' that length, for you it may be 40mins, for me an hour, for another only 30mins.
    What I usally do is either add the option for Long & Short dialogue/explanation and have extra information available via randomly placed consoles or NPC's with default Dialogue.

If need be, you can always re-add alot of stuff after the competition, I was going to with my last entry but I lost my notepad with extra bits to add... kinda frustrating :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think its 'about' that length, for you it may be 40mins, for me an hour, for another only 30mins.
    What I usally do is either add the option for Long & Short dialogue/explanation and have extra information available via randomly placed consoles or NPC's with default Dialogue.

If need be, you can always re-add alot of stuff after the competition, I was going to with my last entry but I lost my notepad with extra bits to add... kinda frustrating :D

I suppose we don't have the ability to make the buttons have that green text indicating the continuation of the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013

No, you won't be. The request in the rules is around 30 minutes but no longer than 45. If its 46 min, you still won't be disqualified, but try and adhere to the time limit as close as you can :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I suppose we don't have the ability to make the buttons have that green text indicating the continuation of the story.

I'm not sure to be honest, I have seen others do it on their maps and I have done it before but wether or not it works now... I will have to get back to you.
    No, you won't be. The request in the rules is around 30 minutes but no longer than 45. If its 46 min, you still won't be disqualified, but try and adhere to the time limit as close as you can :)

Told ya :P lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Can we post the odd screenshot or two as a "spoiler?"

and.. what sounds cooler.. "The Nukara Prime Incident" or "Depths of Nukara Prime" ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Can we post the odd screenshot or two as a "spoiler?"

and.. what sounds cooler.. "The Nukara Prime Incident" or "Depths of Nukara Prime" ?

Sure! Many have in the past :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    well in that case my good sir....

Spoilers!!!! (don't like spoilers, don't click!)

Depths of Nukara Prime: 1 2 3
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    well in that case my good sir....

Spoilers!!!! (don't like spoilers, don't click!)

Picture one looks ace.
    Looking forward to playing it and your right, Depths of Nukara Prime sounds better :D
    Wheres your starting of point? Can you start of at the Nukara System?

In the spirit of well... fun... Heres a few of mine; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 3 is my favourite :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Picture one looks ace.
    Looking forward to playing it and your right, Depths of Nukara Prime sounds better :D

In the spirit of well... fun... Heres a few of mine; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 3 is my favourite :D

story wise I may lose a few points.. my favorite part of the foundry is building maps :D

now my good sir... report to interrorgation chamber D and spell the beans on image 3.

Edit: didnt read your question.... No I cant start the mission in the Nukara system... your going to start in the Spoiler System and head to Nukara using the Spoiler lanes.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes number three is a curiosity. I can't wait too play some if these missions.
    The images look awesome. I'll have to extract an image or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Picture one looks ace.

love pictures 1, someone is late for their duty shift.

what's picture 3?
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Humm.. this challenge could be interesting! I put my hat in on this one as well. I"ll see if I can come up with a good KDF mission for this.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    story wise I may lose a few points.. my favorite part of the foundry is building maps :D
    now my good sir... report to interrorgation chamber D and spell the beans on image 3.
    love pictures 1, someone is late for their duty shift.

what's picture 3?

Yeah im making this mission full of little things like that.
    Image 3... thats Starbase 74. ;)

I just hope I get this Mission up to scratch in time because I really want to do my ideas justice.
    My main worry is it starts of At the Gateway Planet. Then you will have to warp to Sol and then Warp over to New Romulas... the idea is to add some body or size to the mission, but theres the time issue to consider and I'm betting alot of people will give me 1-2 stars for it! :(

I'm also really looking forward to some of these mission storys... especailly with all the grinding i have been doing lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah im making this mission full of little things like that.
    Image 3... thats Starbase 74. ;)

I just hope I get this Mission up to scratch in time because I really want to do my ideas justice.
    My main worry is it starts of At the Gateway Planet. Then you will have to warp to Sol and then Warp over to New Romulas... the idea is to add some body or size to the mission, but theres the time issue to consider and I'm betting alot of people will give me 1-2 stars for it! :(

I'm also really looking forward to some of these mission storys... especailly with all the grinding i have been doing lol

was playing around with the foundry earlier.. I've discovered the secret of picture 3... placing the ships though is a bugger altogether.... at first I could'nt find the starbase on the map.

Still if you've claimed 74.... I might do something with 12....

Mission wise.. after this... im split between doing something Mirror Tos.. or something about the Undine.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    was playing around with the foundry earlier.. I've discovered the secret of picture 3... placing the ships though is a bugger altogether.... at first I could'nt find the starbase on the map.

Still if you've claimed 74.... I might do something with 12....

Mission wise.. after this... im split between doing something Mirror Tos.. or something about the Undine.

Good call, have a shout out to Bridge Commander by having the Soverign and Dauntless stationed there! Lol Or have an escape from the Mirror ESD after an infiltration mission!?
    I was afraid of posting it encase people copied for this challenge, but later I'll take screenshots of it all and how its placed so you have a guide... It took alot of trial and error! Lol
    Position the ships at a height of 0.96 - 0.99.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Good call, have a shout out to Bridge Commander by having the Soverign and Dauntless stationed there! Lol Or have an escape from the Mirror ESD after an infiltration mission!?
    I was afraid of posting it encase people copied for this challenge, but later I'll take screenshots of it all and how its placed so you have a guide... It took alot of trial and error! Lol
    Position the ships at a height of 0.96 - 0.99.

I wont steal it for this challenge... its all yours :P

next challenge.. depending on what it is... then I might :D

now.. hmm time travel... gives me a sneaky idea to do something dominion wars related... hmm maybe something to do with the Breen attack on earth.

Devs... need more outfits please... more outfits = more stuff for us to make.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!