test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP Dilithium Mining Claim

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• Options
    monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I could possibly understand account-bound (although unbound would be preferable)...but character-bound?!?

I generally open any/all boxes on a single character in order to benefit from the accumulation/concentration of lobi, but this development wrecks that notion. I may have to reconsider the whole lockbox program if this is the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Research before you buy things in future? It was outlined in italics in the FAQ.
  • Options
    monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    Research before you buy things in future? It was outlined in italics in the FAQ.

Bind-on-pickup does not explicitly state that it is character-bound. They really should ammend the description to say Character bind-on-pickup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited January 2013
    Here's the deal. If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes. It's simple supply, and demand, economics, people!
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's the deal. If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes. It's simple supply, and demand, economics, people!
    Even if you convince everybody on the forums to do so, the Forums represent 20% of the player base at most (and that's a very, very generous at most).
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!

At least you must be getting close to the Jem Dread with lobbis you get from the box...Sad about the mining claims...they should have added other stuff instead of useless bound to character.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes.

It's painfully clear that people won't do that. No matter how much whining you see on the forms about the lockboxes, people are speaking with their wallets and buying keys.

Myself I have yet to buy a single key, and don't plan on doing so anytime in the future. But people might as well quit complaining about them, they're here to stay, because no matter how many posts people make, it's quite clear they sell well and make Cryptic money.
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The keys / lock boxes aren't OP's problem. He didn't *choose* to get that 180 mining claims. Instead, he's pointing out the flaw in letting these be rewarded so frequently.

If Cryptic plans on adding these mining boxes to every lock box going forward, every player playing the lock box game will eventually will reach this same point OP is today, where getting this reward is the same as getting no reward at all.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    monsh wrote: »
    Bind-on-pickup does not explicitly state that it is character-bound. They really should ammend the description to say Character bind-on-pickup

They do, if it's account on pick up it will say it.

Also to the OP.....ummm just transfer all the Dilithium to whoever you want, your mining rights is bound but not the Dilithium you get out of it....most likely the reason it's bound.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So the mining claims that give a BIG, FAT dilithium bonus is bad because it's toon bound ?

The dilithium isn't, so whats the problem ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    So the mining claims that give a BIG, FAT dilithium bonus is bad because it's toon bound ?

The problem is as the OP stated... It will take him over 180 days to use over 180 of these things! I see his point. These mining claims things should at least be "Account Bound"... Not "Bound to Character".

EDIT: More to the point, there would be no exploit here if they were account bound. Afterall, we still have the 8k per toon refining cap and also the fact that these Mining Claims can only be used once per day per toon. Therefore, I see no harm in making them Bound to Account instead! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

The daily cap is still 8k right? Also Neo - it would still take 180 days to transfer that dithium to another toon.

This "system" would be fine if you have 1 toon - but binding lobi to character - so you get in all on 1 character - THEN - binding this "mining claims" to one charater and making it a big part of the loot table makes this box - RIDICULOUS!!
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This exemplifies the problem with lock boxes: the prevalence of the garbage prizes... :(

I'd be happy if I got extra lobi, but every time I see bonus-point-type drops, I am reminded how stupid I was for opening the box as opposed to selling the master key on exchange for a sure- 1+million EC.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be fair to Cryptic, I don't think they expected someone to buy 150+ Keys... so umm... I'd say you're partially at fault here, at least...
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    To be fair to Cryptic, I don't think they expected someone to buy 150+ Keys... so umm... I'd say you're partially at fault here, at least...

Thats exactly what they expect, but surely, after getting your first set of mining claims you'd take 2 seconds to check their tooltip, after having read the FAQ, before buying more.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    This exemplifies the problem with lock boxes: the prevalence of the garbage prizes... :(

I'd be happy if I got extra lobi, but every time I see bonus-point-type drops, I am reminded how stupid I was for opening the box as opposed to selling the master key on exchange for a sure- 1+million EC.

I have actually been pretty supportive of Cryptic and realize that this lock-box system is a necessary evil - but this just goes over the line for me - Encouraging you to get the lobi on 1 character - then giving a prize that is bound to character - THEN - the prize is restricted by the daily refinement cap!!!!!

3 restrictions on this 1 frequent prize - Cryptic that is TOO MUCH! This "claims" should be account bound.

Avoid this box until this is fixed.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Huh. That does sound very disappointing. I don't see why they have to be bound in the first place. After all, it's a daily and theres the 8k refinement cap. That's quite a bit of restriction as it is.
  • Options
    admiralm0ttadmiralm0tt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I purchased $200 worth of keys (I know..:o ), and didn't get the HEC either. I'm resigned to purchasing it off the exchange. I did get enough lobi to buy the other ship (didn't really care for it).
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Huh. That does sound very disappointing. I don't see why they have to be bound in the first place. After all, it's a daily and theres the 8k refinement cap. That's quite a bit of restriction as it is.

Well I certainly consider you one of the forums few voices of reason:P(at least most of the time) So for you to agree that the retrictions are harsh on this prize says alot.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Then we would just buy them off the exchange, and just do mining missions till on 40 toons each day, its a gold farmers dream.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Then we would just buy them off the exchange, and just do mining missions till on 40 toons each day, its a gold farmers dream.

That wouldn't be a problem, or the case, if they were simply Bound to Account instead. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    That wouldn't be a problem, or the case, if they were simply Bound to Account instead. ;)

create character, do mining, transfer dilithium, delete character, repeat.:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Seriously?? How do you do that when the are BOUND TO CHARACTER???

Neo you are usually one of the people who is pretty with it - I can't believe you are trying to defend this restrictive prize with nonsense.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Same could be done or said for any low level dilithium gathering mission in the game. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013

dilithium is not bound to character
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mining claim gives big daily dilithium bonus.
    dilithium cap @ 8k per day.
    dilithium farming required to make daily cap + mining claim bonus = less time per day spent dilithium farming

time to enjoy other aspects of game increased.

...BUT that is never realized by players LUCKY enough to have won the 'prize'. Time saved from farming is now spent whining about why prize is toon bound.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    dilithium is not bound to character

How can you delete the character - the items are BOUND to the character?? Come on - pls i am losing some faith in your reasoning?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

He's saying that this could be done if they were "Bound to Account" instead of Character. ;)
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If thwey want to keep Lobi bound to character, fine - but they need to free up more of the items to make them bound to account at least. Like the starship sets - put them in a container that makes them bound on equip, but the container bound to account.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Same could be done or said for any low level dilithium gathering mission in the game. ;)

they don't give you 5,000 dilithium if your awesome the minning mission gives you between 2,500 - 5,000 dilithium yeah I would so take advantage of that, unlike the low level ones.
    GwaoHAD.png