What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP Dilithium Mining Claim

Comments

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At this rate it will take me about 2 YEARS to go throught the 180 claims. This is a total joke.

It is. The punchline isn't what you guys think it is. But it is amusing.
    <3
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They are kinda worth it if you can get them i have gotten up to 5,000 Dilithium in one shot 3 times in the last three i used if you get up past 700points that is when you get the 5,000 Dilithium that is all ready half of your Dilithium daily requirement.:D Not sure if any body else has gotten that much but most likely.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dude you lucky think it bugged out on me i got next ti a while lot of feck all

I agree the claims should be sellable and transferable with a max use of 5 per day
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    He probably means exchange it to Zen and then (on another character) change it back again, though you would of course lose a little on the market value.

If you do it right you won't lose a thing, and you still can't transfer ore...
  • Options
    wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally i couldn't give a toss about the cool downs, Account bound i can even understand.

I've never known a prize with such restrictions!

Bound to character.
    20 Hr CD.

I have 126 of these suckers sat in my bank (packed 6 purple boxes and 11 blues). Granted that's not as many as some folk on here but id love to be able to either use them with the cd on my other toons, or be able to blast through a large number of them while im on the rock with one toon.

What use is the account bank when most of the stuff we want to transfer we cant and the junk we can put in there we can mail anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • Options
    corbormitecorbormite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Each VIP claim comes with 10 tokens, which you can turn in for a daily mining mission. You don't need anything other then the EV Suit you already need for the normal mining daily. When you get to the asteroid, talk to the mining NPC; there's a new mission, besides the normal mining daily. You take that and ask where the FDMAA guy is, then you'll beam out to the part of the asteroid where the deposit is and talk to the NPC there. if you have a token in either your bank or your inventory, he'll let you mine once per day. After you turn in the token, the rest works just like the normal dil mining daily, except you only have to mine one spot.

The tokens are bound to character (a point of much contention on the forums) so you can't sell them.

Got one of these, yay!

However, I've done everything necessary. Mission is in progress - I can go directly to rich vein from the airlock - Vein is highlighted in the minimap - tried all veins - other people are mining... but I can't mine.

Probably something I'm doing wrong, I left and came back too but no joy.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks
    Corbormite
  • Options
    corbormitecorbormite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    corbormite wrote: »
    Got one of these, yay!

However, I've done everything necessary. Mission is in progress - I can go directly to rich vein from the airlock - Vein is highlighted in the minimap - tried all veins - other people are mining... but I can't mine.

Probably something I'm doing wrong, I left and came back too but no joy.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks
    Corbormite

lol ok I'm dumb. Although you can start the mission you still have to unpack the box. It was in my bank so I couldn't see it wasn't opened automatically.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    corbormite wrote: »
    lol ok I'm dumb. Although you can start the mission you still have to unpack the box. It was in my bank so I couldn't see it wasn't opened automatically.

Brain farts happen to even experienced players. The other day I teamed to do Epohhs tagging. We all ran off to do it and I was shocked to find I couldn't tag.

Turns out that I forgot to take the mission in the first place.

It worked out fine. The others were pretty fast and I got caught up soon enough.

So don't sweat it.
    <3
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey,

So i wanted to ask whats the idea behind having multiple "dili mining claims" when you can only use one in 20hour and its bound to character. So lets say, i would have about 509 of them (and i do) that would take me 509 days to spend them. We have this 8k dili refine cap so i dont see why cant we grind them all at once.

Something doesnt really make sense to me on this one. So my suggestion is to let players to use them all at once! That would defenatly make lifetimer autogrind a real perk. Give us some slack on this one and let us use them all at once. That might also feel like a real reward from lock box -now its more like "oh buggers...another one of these space/inventory eaters"

Out of curiousity, who has the most dili claims?!;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    curedmen wrote: »
    So lets say, i would have about 509 of them (and i do) that would take me 509 days to spend them.

Keep in mind that's probably 475 days more you can keep using them past the end of the lock box and the dramatic rise of the cost of the boxes on the exchange.
    <3
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Currently we are stuck with this totally unfair dilithium cap of just 8000 a day.
    I have so many of these mining claims,which will take many weeks to deal with,and when they are used day by day,it comes out as dilithium ore only.
    Devs,how about changing that rule,and allowing all mining claims to be used,and for them to allow refined dilithium straight away on completion of each one.
    After all,these mining claims have been paid for via the lockboxes,so it should be only fair,that we can use them when we wish to,and that they be refined dilithium as said.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Actually, all i want is them to let us use those dili claims ALL AT ONCE. No need to finger any dili cap limits because some people have dili autogrind and it would really feel like a real perk after i could just use all my 509 claims and head off for ...holiday or what ever and after it i would have a nice pile of dili waiting for me.
  • Options
    squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am getting the impression that, to you, "fair" means "what I want".

Why is the dilithium refining cap unfair? Why is having the mining claims be a daily unfair?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    curedmen wrote: »
    So i wanted to ask whats the idea behind having multiple "dili mining claims" when you can only use one in 20hour and its bound to character.

Not blowing up the dilithium economy.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    squishkin wrote: »
    Not blowing up the dilithium economy.
    That's completely irrelevant, because we have a refining cap anyway.

I only have several dozen mining claims, but I have six figures worth of ore waiting to be refined. It would make barely any difference if the claims could all be used at once - it would just result in a massive pile of ore.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Why is the dilithium refining cap unfair? Why is having the mining claims be a daily unfair?
    Agreed. It's not p2win, but it's quite close if we have to pay lockbox key to keep up with others for your dilithium, don't you think ? The dil mining rights are nice enough as they are, you are able to earn 5k dil in less than 5m. That's a better ratio than IOR ever was, and it was nerfed twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    That's completely irrelevant, because we have a refining cap anyway.
    And if the refining cap was the only component in the dilithium economy, you might have a point, but it isn't. The refining cap is simply a way to 'gate' the motion of the refined dilithium within that economy.

The devs have been clear (and common sense would agree) that managing the supply of ore is one of their most significant interests in the dilithium economy. This is true for a couple of reasons, I imagine, but the most significant one probably is that most people don't hit their refining cap at all. If I had to guess, the refining cap is probably better than 85th percentile of player ore generation. At any rate, the 'gating' of the mining claim by making it a daily is one way to reduce, significantly, the impact of all that new ore on the dilithium economy, while at the same time subtly inflating dilithium and pushing up the exchange price of refined dilithium, thus making people more likely to buy Zen. ;)
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any amount of ore greater than 8000 a day becomes irrelevant for the "time gating" of Dilithium.
    One claim gives 5000 ore. This means the difference is 3k Dilithium ore.

These people who have the resources to attain large quantities of claims would have to be on their main (because of Lobi), and would have to be at least level 40 (otherwise they won't be able to use the rewards from the lockbox and have no reason to open them). Are you saying those people aren't even able to earn an average of 3k Dilithium a day? Heck, you can get an average of 1k Dil just from DOffing!
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They should be tradable

mainly because say I have 400 of them, I don't know I'm going to be playing Star Trek Online all the way to next year. That's ridiculous. Not to mention the refine cap can cause it to take longer. They should give some way of trading, selling or getting rid of them.
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

OP idea aside because it doesn't make sense to mine refined dilithium straight from dilithium mines, do I really need to answer the first question? Cryptic has turned this game into a dilithium happy MMO since s6 while maintaining the same refine cap. This becomes unfair when we have an exchange system in place. They have manipulated the system into forcing a low exchange rate that is easier to maintain over time than a high exchange rate. When it is high or low, players are more tempted to use the exchange. When it is in the middle range, things are normal and there is no great need for zen or dilithium.

So, what they did was create a game where dilithium is a much more active currency. They've increased the need for it by how much? 100 fold? 1000 fold? When you leave the refinement cap untouched after such adjustments, you are begging to be called out for what it is you're doing. It is their right to penny pinch us for every last dollar if they wish, but that will never be an excuse for how crappy it is. Their extra income from forcing people's hands time from time might be several thousand dollars extra per year at best. Personally, I don't think it's worth the heat it generates, and I have always been a firm believer in player happiness = game longevity for the player = more time to penny pinch them elsewhere that doesn't negatively affect their gaming experience.

When you dry my pockets by way of cstore it's one thing. When you start messing with my gameplay by giving me a daily small allowance of the good currency but increasing the need for it by so much thereby tempting me to purchase zen to exchange it for dilithium, well, that's crappy of them to do. It's crappy to restrict my gameplay progress to try to make a dollar. They really should raise the cap for the few players that can play all day which doesn't include me. I can just barely find the heart to fill up my 8k per day and that's only because of mining claims. But for others if they can farm more dil then that's going to raise the exchange back up to fair levels, and again player happiness = game longevity for the player = more time to penny pinch them elsewhere that doesn't negatively affect their gaming experience.

I'm glad there is a real need for dilithium now unlike before, but not increasing our per day allowance is going too damn far. Limiting my gameplay progress unless I pay up is going too damn far. If this is the future of play for free, you can have it. But perhaps it's a problem of STO. Perhaps because it is STO, it's naturally limited to what Cryptic can do with it. If this was one of their own games, they wouldn't be held back. They could release things to their ingame store until they're blue in the face but here? They must follow the guidelines they are permitted. Perhaps that is why they mess with our dilithium. But it doesn't make me feel any better about dealing with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »
    It's crappy to restrict my gameplay progress to try to make a dollar.

This is the most important statement out of everything you wrote, and on its lonesome it's clearly laughable, in my opinion. That's how they make money. That's how all game companies make money.

Your opinion comes across as "I want it now, I want it for free, and I want it without having to put any effort into it."

And...well, sure that's great. While you're wishing, I want a shiny pony.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The cap is good to have to keep the dilithium (refined) market "stable" it is a limited resource (Zen is technically limited, but you can always buy more)

With the OP's suggestion, there will be a major flood of dilithium (and continue to be so) until Dominion lockboxes go away.

I personally don't mind if we can use it all at once (pure ore) that won't break the system since the refine is still limited to 8k a day. There is "auto refine" but I haven't seen that working. It suppose to "auto refine" one week back? (I don't know how that works)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Why it says you get at least 4 lobies and something from a lockbox when you only get 4 or more lobies and nothing? Mining claims = nothing since you CAN"T use your reward.

Lets say that you mine 3000000000000000000000000000000 claims (each one was 1 key ) .Please share how you refine or exploit that to get more than 8000 refined dilithium per day?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The claims are very good for players who normally need to grind to reach their cap. But they are slightly too limited to be useful to all players, particularly in large quantities.

Being at least account bound rather than character bound would allow the players who get their daily 8k anyway to use them without accumulating ever-increasing stockpiles of ore that will only ever be reduced if they play the game less, by sending them to alts.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    The claims are very good for players who normally need to grind to reach their cap. But they are slightly too limited to be useful to all players, particularly in large quantities.

Being at least account bound rather than character bound would allow the players who get their daily 8k anyway to use them without accumulating ever-increasing stockpiles of ore that will only ever be reduced if they play the game less, by sending them to alts.

I think that is why it is character bound. If it is not, then people WOULD trade to their alts (or sell in exchange) and there will be a flooding.

I personally have 4 alts, that would be 6k EACH (24k a day for me) of just mining and refining not including 1k off DoFF.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    - it would just result in a massive pile of ore.[/QUOTE]

Sure it would, and the idea of it would be the dilithium autogrind. It would only be fair to those players who has it, and theyr money worth right to use it in such matters like this one.

As i see it, it could possibly sell more lifetimer accounts if we would have regulary those claims from boxes and allowed to use them all at ones. Just keep the dilithium cap where it is, i dont mind. :D
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So... how is an 8k refinement cap unfair again? Just curious.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    So... how is an 8k refinement cap unfair again? Just curious.

Some find it unfair since "they" been playing all day and a lot and can't refine fast enough (I personally have 90k ore sitting and generating 9k a day from various tasks)

I personally find it fair (I personally WOULDN'T mine having all my 90k ore refined but that would change the market drastically) You have to have a limit for the market.

Before Dominion boxes, ore was trading around 85 to 1 zen. Now it is around 91 to 1 zen (went as high as 95 last weekend) if suddenly everyone can cash in their deed instantly, it would probably be like 200+ per 1 zen. I figure that may be the case since a LOT of people want their new ship (I did it to get enough lobi to buy my 800 lobi ship)
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    You have to have a limit for the market.

Why?

Really, what is the igname reason why a control on how much dil can be refined per day is needed or desirable for anyone other than PWE?
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd be happy with one of two things happening.

1. Remove or raise the Refining cap.

2. Open the claim mission to once every hour, the damn thing spits out ore if we can't refine it then why is it restricted to once a day?