Install Arc
Options

VIP Dilithium Mining Claim

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm 100% OK with the 8,000 cap. It provides enough to buy stuff from the dil store and keeps the zen trading ration reasonable.

I vote to keep 8,000 per day.
  • Options
    kempethkempeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd say removing or reducing the cooldown on the mining claim mission would probably be a smart move on Cryptic's part.

a) It doesn't flood the market [much] because of the refining cap
    b) It reduces the need for people to grind the dil sources, moving the players into more interesting areas of the game (where there are more likely to want some premium feature)
    c) Lockboxes would probably get opened faster (and more keys purchased)

On the other hand: Right now those who have stockpiles of claims can't easily turn it into dil so they are more tempted to buy zen and put it on the exchange if they really need more. I'd say some are even likely to discard the claims. Whenever you throw away something that you paid for Cryptic is making money...

I think the cap is reasonable, but I wouldn't mind being able to stockpile enough dil for multiple days in one session and do more other stuff with my time...
    Great! Only three left. Now all I need is for one of them to leave the room and then there will be only one left...
    Wait, where I come from three minus one still leaves two!
    Where I come from is a far more interesting place.
  • Options
    droimdroim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am fine with the 8k per day cap, but could we please combine the days into a 56k per week cap. Same amount of Dil, but I won't feel like I am being ripped off if I have a busy day and can't make room in it for video games.
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So what you people think of this idea?!

I would really like to see devs give this issue some time to think about it and hopefully give us the optioin to use them all at once. Its not hurting anyone or ruining dilithium balance or what ever....
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    monsh wrote: »
    Bind-on-pickup does not explicitly state that it is character-bound. They really should ammend the description to say Character bind-on-pickup

A lot of people do the lockboxes for the lobi crystals and since they too are character bound and not account bound people are forced to open boxes on 1 character which screws them in both the mining claims and lobi crystals.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I still say these damn things should have NO cooldown, or at most a 1 hour cool down.

Seriously. So what if you burn through all of them in 1 day without a cool down?

At 180 * 5000 (Assuming you nail the cap each time which isn't hard) you've got 900,000 DIlithium, oh boy Spending spree... oh no, that's right it's Dilithium ORE.

Something that is only useful in 8k increments once every 24 hours.
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I still say these damn things should have NO cooldown, or at most a 1 hour cool down.

Seriously. So what if you burn through all of them in 1 day without a cool down?

At 180 * 5000 (Assuming you nail the cap each time which isn't hard) you've got 900,000 DIlithium, oh boy Spending spree... oh no, that's right it's Dilithium ORE.

Something that is only useful in 8k increments once every 24 hours.

Not gonna happen. Cryptic has no business incentive to scrap the dil refinement cap (though they might do well to increase it) or remove daily mission cooldown.

Think back to some of the State of the Game addresses. Cryptic prizes the "Daily Participation" metric, because F2P games thrive on having players log in every day, even for just an hour or two to do dailies.

Daily exposure to the business model (C-store) brings in more results than having a small amount of players binge on content in long stretches.

Why? A small amount of daily participation can produce almost as much "satisfaction" with having done something worthwhile (gathered more dil) as doing an 8-hour weekend raiding fiesta in a WoW-derivative game.

In fact, even WoW has an endgame chock full of daily missions.

Cryptic can no longer rely on subscriptions to bring in a consistent flow of cash, so it is in their interest to introduce a steady stream of "bite-size" content (new ships, new dailies, etc.) than it has to do mega-expansions (like the new Gree patch in TOR or WoW cataclysm). They DO introduce stuff like that eventually (the May update and the seasons), but it's all part of a more comprehensive business model than exists in typical subscriptions.

Furthermore, back in the sub days, a LOT of people claimed it was super-sleazy for Cryptic to have the C-store active while the game was sub-only. That complaint is gone now because people understand that this is how the game stays alive (and I for one believe it has never been better than now). They might complain about lockboxes and what-have-you, but they're getting more "new" stuff now than they ever did pre-F2P.

TL;DR This is how it works right now, and it's effective. Unless we can make it more effective for them to switch, they won't.
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To get refined dilithium we have to use real money to get that instantly.
    Mining claims are also paid for using real money to get these lock boxes.
    Yet when using a mining claim,all it gives you is dilithium ore.
    Considering these claims are paid for,having only dilithium ore is both unjust and unfair.
    Devs,real money has been used here,lets have refined dilithium straight away please.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You don't need real money to get these.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You don't need real money to get these.

Thats true if you want to wait ages before having enough dilithium to convert to zen to be able to afford a box key.
    Real money has been used anyway and cryptic/pwe have benefited from that,as they do when money is used to buy zen.
    Therefore i feel we are entitled to refined dilithium from the box mining claims,as they are paid for.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    Thats true if you want to wait ages before having enough dilithium to convert to zen to be able to afford a box key.
    Real money has been used anyway and cryptic/pwe have benefited from that,as they do when money is used to buy zen.
    Therefore i feel we are entitled to refined dilithium from the box mining claims,as they are paid for.

They cost about 1.3m EC. That's nothing.

Don't really share your concern - I rarely max out the refine on my characters.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You don't have to wait ages to grind enough dilithium for a lock box key. In less than a month I ground out enough dilithium to get a bortasqu' bundle. Thats 5000 zen. The mining claims are a great way to hit your cap quickly. In less than 2 days with one character you can have enough dilithium to get a lockbox key. It sounds to me like someone is just impatient.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You don't have to open the box and that is the ultimate bottom line. This is a free game to play (except in time) in every way :)

Cryptic needs to make money and the players need (want really) Dilithium. The Mining claims are brilliant to meet each need. Its not in Cryptic's interest to give anything without some cost to the consumer. Welcome to capitalism ;)
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I feel you, but there's no 'entitlement' here to anything. I got a couple of these boxes and I never had any intentions of mining anything in this game to begin with so they will just sit there forever. If it was implemented better than it might not be so bad.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    walshicus wrote: »
    They cost about 1.3m EC. That's nothing.

Yea because keys on exchange are from God ,not from people who paid money for them *facepalm*
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Yea because keys on exchange are from God ,not from people who paid money for them *facepalm*

There will always be people buying keys and selling them on exchange. I HAVEN'T seen the exchange ran out of keys...... yet ;)

STO has a LOT of resource sink. So people will always need EC and Dilithium (especially if they are in fleet) unless you have been playing a LONG time.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!

after well over 500 keys and not a single grand prize Im feeling robbed.. 1/200 my TRIBBLE$... now more bound low level "consolation prizes" I should be able to trade them in for a grand prize box drop only ship o my choice, but here PWE robbing us worse than cryptic ever did..
  • Options
    someone7xsomeone7x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    after well over 500 keys and not a single grand prize Im feeling robbed.. 1/200 my TRIBBLE$... now more bound low level "consolation prizes" I should be able to trade them in for a grand prize box drop only ship o my choice, but here PWE robbing us worse than cryptic ever did..

They're called Lobi crystals. The reasoning is that if you opened a lot of boxes, you are at least guaranteed something awesome if you saved up enough.